Could This Be It?

Alice In Real World

*SIWON’S POV*

I got out of my room and headed straight to Maddie’s room with one intention on my mind, talk about everything that’s been happening these past couple days. Well, that and I just missed spending time with her. I mean, I had asked the management to consider hiring Maddie as our photographer cause I wanted her to join us at least for her summer vacation and so I can be with her, seeing as summer is the only time in a year where I can see Maddie. But… I don’t know, that plan seriously kinda backfired when I found out that my girlfriend was gonna join this tour too. I’m not completely clueless, I was kind of aware that Maddie and Tiffany weren’t actually friendly with each other but I was completely baffled when that incident in the photo studio happened. Knowing that my best friend who’s practically been there for me my whole life and the girl that I’m dating and am very much in love with aren’t getting along just wore me out a little bit. And then there’s that thing with Maddie and Eunhyuk. Gosh, I just honestly can’t put my finger on why it bothers me so much to see them like that, being around each other and acting like they’re… in love, or something. I mean, I should be happy about that, right? But instead I just… felt like my boundaries were crossed when they started getting really close. Aish, it was just so, so complicated. And to top it all off, I practically blew up and yelled and blamed Maddie for something that I haven’t even asked her anything about. When I finally found out that my girlfriend kinda took a jab on Maddie’s parents when they were arguing, I felt guilt shamelessly took over me. If someone can die from feeling really guilty, I’d probably be dead by now. Oh god, that look of fear and confusion on Maddie’s face when I yelled at her probably will be glued to the back of my thoughts for my whole life. In the past, if anybody caused that look to appear on Maddie’s face I really won’t hesitate beating the crap out of that person but now… I was the one who did it. How can I recover from that? I guess that came from all the frustrations and unanswered questions that’s been floating around in my head for quite some time since the whole thing with Maddie and Tiffany, plus Maddie and Eunhyuk started happening. It’s seriously starting to weigh on me. I’m hurt and I’m mad when I learned that my girlfriend dared to trash-talk Maddie’s parents, cause I know that it would hurt Maddie more than anything. But at the same time, I love my girlfriend. Agh, this is all so damn complicated. But still, that didn’t automatically make what I did to Maddie right. I seriously didn’t know why everything between Maddie and I can turn into this awful mess. I finally got to Maddie’s room and pushed the door bell, but after awhile, no one answered. I looked at my watch and saw that it was close to midnight, where would she be at this hour? I decided to just go to Heechul hyung’s room, since he was sharing with Eunhyuk and Maddie most likely would be where Eunhyuk is. I reached the room and the door was open, so I just walked in. But to my surprise, I found only Heechul hyung there, reading a book and immediately looked up as soon as I walked in.

“Hyung, do you know where Maddie is?”

I asked as I sat on the small couch beside the bed. Heechul hyung immediately had a weird look on his face, his eyes looking from left to right as if trying to find something before answering,

“Uh… I don’t.”

My left brow immediately shot up at Heechul hyung’s answer and how he was behaving before he answered me. And honestly, he’s not necessarily the best liar.

“Hyung, you know you’re a terrible liar, where is she?”

Heechul hyung grinned sheepishly at me before saying,

“Aish, fine, I’ll tell you but you have to promise you won’t tell anyone just yet, arasso?”

“Arasso. What’s the deal?”

“She’s on a date with Hyukjae.”

Then all of a sudden that feeling of discomfort took over me again, along with an even bigger curiosity. I thought… awhile back Maddie said she couldn’t go out with Eunhyuk even if she admitted that she liked him, so what’s with the sudden change of heart? And what’s worse is that… she didn’t even bother to tell me about it. Had I really become that insignificant to her? Eunhyuk-ah, why did you have to like Maddie? Why did it have to be my best friend, the girl who meant the world to me?

*HEECHUL’S POV*

Seeing the look that this kid in front of me is supporting, I slowly closed my book and put it down on my nightstand, somehow even the interesting story line of the book couldn’t take my attention off of the odd-looking facial expression Siwon had. I took my feet off the bed and sat on the edge of it, in front of Siwon. When I told him that Alice is on a date with Hyukjae it literally looked like he just froze in his spot, his eyes were, weirdly enough, focused on the foot of the bed and his mouth was slightly agape. I just told him that his best friend is on a date with another one of his best friend, right? It’s not like I told him somebody died or that he can no more have his supplies of Ralph Lauren polo shirts. I know I kinda went overboard in comparing death news to supply discontinuation of a certain brand of polo shirt but for Siwon, that probably stand in the same platform of the worst news ever. I swear, this kid’s obsession with that brand is unbelievable. Aaaanyway, that’s not the point right now.

“Kid, you okay?”

Siwon snapped out of his temporary trance when I asked him that and quickly looked at me and I could’ve sworn I saw something else other than shock in his eyes, but it was gone too fast before I even managed to decipher what it was.

“Uh… yeah, I’m okay. I’m just shocked to hear it, that’s all.”

I somehow found it hard to believe what he said. I didn’t know if it was the way he said it or the way that uneasy smile suddenly appear when he said that but I just… have the weirdest feeling that he’s not telling the truth.

“Siwon-ah, you know you can tell me whatever it is you’re thinking, right?”

I watched as Siwon let out a sigh and looked at me helplessly. It seemed like he was ready to tell me the truth after all.

“Hyung, is it… is it normal for me to feel uncomfortable to know that there might be something going on between Maddie and Eunhyuk?”

“Um… define uncomfortable.”

“It’s like, I don’t know, I just feel like I’m afraid of somehow losing Maddie if and when things indeed developed further between her and Eunhyuk cause… she’s just a little distant lately and… she didn’t even tell me that she decided to go out with Eunhyuk when she usually tells me everything. And I just always feel so… weird when I see them together. It’s really… agh, I don’t know, I’m just so confused right now.”

A thought fleeted its way through my head as I listened intently at what Siwon had to say. Could it be… Nah, it couldn’t be. I mean, he’s got a girlfriend and I think she’s about to have a boyfriend too, if this is what I think this is, wouldn’t they, like, get it on since a million years ago? Agh, I need to ask him about this straight up, although I have a feeling that he won’t be expecting my question at all.

“Siwon-ah, do you have feelings for Alice?”

As was predicted, his eyes went wide at my question and it took him a few seconds to finally compose himself before answering,

“What? No, hyung, of… of course not, she’s my best friend! I really care about her but it’s… not like that.”

What’s with the pause?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*ALICE’S POV*

Damn, I can’t believe it’s already 1 in the morning and Silver and I just spent the last 6 hours inside the movie theatre. After we finished watching Saw V I suddenly felt somewhat nostalgic and wanted to watch Saw II and Saw III and to my surprise, Silver actually agreed to it so there it went, that’s why we practically spent our whole date in a movie theatre and abandoning the dinner reservation that he had made before. But really, it was probably the most amazing 6 hours that I spent lately. I felt really giddy and warm inside when I realized how much fun I had and how much effort Silver really put in our date tonight. This guy is… seriously awesome, it got me thinking how on earth I managed to stay away from him for this long? I was shoved back into reality when I felt something being draped over my back. I turned my head and realized that Silver was back from the restroom and had put his jacket over me.

“I don’t know how you can go out on a weather like this and forget to bring a jacket.”

I could just grin sheepishly at him as he said that. I did feel a little cold since it was past midnight and I was wearing a thin halter top, leaving my shoulders bare and being the clutz that I am, I forgot to bring my jacket.

“I probably purposely leave my jacket behind so I can wear yours, you’ll never know.”

He lightly laughed at what I said before putting an arm around my shoulder as we walked out of the movie theatre.

“Meh, I don’t care what your method is as long as I get to do it. Score!”

I just smiled and shook my head at that as we both stood on the sidewalks, waiting for the driver to come and pick us up.

“Hey, sorry about that dinner reservation.”

I said while looking apologetically at Silver, still feeling a little bad cause we didn’t get to have the date the way he initially planned it. But he just smiled and touched the tip of my nose playfully before saying,

“No problem. Aren’t you hungry now, though? I mean, all you have tonight was just popcorn and coke.”

And just as I was about to open my mouth and answer him, my stomach became the traitor that it usually was and began churning loudly. my life, that was embarrassing. Why god, why do You have to do that when I’m here on this amazing date with an amazing guy?

“I… take it you’re hungry, then.”

It was obvious that he was holding back a laugh when he said that but I just decided to not care about it at the moment. I mean, I WAS hungry after all.

“You can just laugh, you know, my damn tummy here has always been like that, ruining my dates left right and center.”

He broke into a giggle when I said that but I wasn’t even offended by that, it’s not like he’s really making fun of me or anything, right? At this point I had learned that sometimes the things that I say or do are just plain amusing to him, which I still don’t understand why, I mean I’m seriously not that interesting. I was looking around the road when I realized that there was a McDonald’s just a few feet across the road. Thank you Lord.

“Hey, there’s a McDonald’s why don’t we just eat there?”

I said to Silver and he furrowed his eyebrows at me, as if he was making sure that I wasn’t joking.

“Aren’t you dressed a little too nicely to eat there?”

“Silver, as my tummy had made painfully clear earlier, I’m hungry. I wouldn’t care even if I had a in wedding dress on, I’d still eat there.”

“God Alice, you’re a piece of work, you know that?”

Once again, I could only grin as he laughed again at what I said.

“So I’ve been told. Come on, are we gonna eat or not?”

“Okay, fine, let’s go.”

He took my hand in his as we crossed the street and began walking towards the McDonald’s that I saw earlier. It’s weird that at the beginning of the night, I had dared myself to show at least a bit of affection towards him and I did that by making the first move and held his hand and now… I didn’t really wanna let go. As much as I tried to deny it, this felt right. Everything about tonight felt right. God, is this a sign? Is this Your way of saying that I had made the right decision by giving up on Nate? Cause if it is, why do I still think about him? Why do I still worry whether he’s okay or not cause I haven’t been spending much time with him? Of course you still think about him, you’ve loved him for 16 bloody years, it’s not gonna go away just because you had one date with another guy. That deep voice inside me answered again and this time I didn’t argue with it cause it totally make sense. Anyway, a few moments later, Silver and I were already situated face to face, sitting on the plastic chairs and I was already happily chugging on my Quarter Pounder and a large-sized French fries and Pepsi. Man, I didn’t realize how hungry I was until I walked in to McDonald’s and was instantly greeted by that sweet smell of French fries.

“You know, eating here isn’t necessarily what I had in mind when I was planning to take you out.”

Silver said with a small smile on his face, and I realized that he still hadn’t completely let go of the fact that the date went like this. But seriously, what more can this guy do? He already made me as happy as a kid in a candy store earlier tonight, I can put this date as a mission accomplished if you ask me. Well, maybe I think I just need to let him know that, huh? I set my half-eaten burger down on the tray and extended my hand across the table and held his hand. He looked up at me, surprised at my actions.

“Silver, I had so much fun tonight and… this is one of the best dates I’ve ever had.”

I didn’t realize how soft the tone of my voice was when I said that but… what I told him was the complete and total truth. I did have fun tonight. I felt his grip on my hand slightly tightened, making me aware that he believed me before he broke into a smile that brought that spark back into his eyes, making him look even more handsome. Damn, I guess I really was starting to get smitten about this guy. A couple moments later, we finished our meals as the driver finally arrived and we started the journey back to the hotel. It was around 2 in the morning and I felt myself started to nod off slightly in the car, I was tired and to add to that, I just had a big meal. Silver noticed this and he silently pulled me closer to him and I happily snuggled up to him and laid my head on his shoulder as he put an arm around me. I guess I had fallen asleep cause then the next thing I know was we were already at the basement parking lot as I sat up groggily, sleep still clouding over me.

“Alice, we’re here.”

I just nodded sleepily at what Silver said as we got out of the car and went into the elevator leading up to our rooms, still with Silver’s arm protectively draped over me. Even in my sleepy state, I couldn’t deny the fact that this is how things should be. A few minutes later, we finally reached my room and I quickly opened the door, Silver still following me closely and walked into my room with me. Um… why do I get a feeling that something’s gonna happen? I still had my back facing him when we were already inside the room as I took off his jacket, and then I felt his hand took mine, slightly signaling at me to turn around, and I did just that. The first thing that I saw when I turned around was his eyes that were filled with so much determination, even though I didn’t know what it was for.

“Tonight totally kicked- for me, Alice.”

“It did for me too.”

We smiled at each other, and then I started to feel my pulse racing when Silver slowly walked closer to me. And for a moment it literally felt like everything but Silver and I just stopped moving, as if they were also anticipating for what’s gonna happen next. I was pretty sure that my heart had damaged my ribcage with the way it was beating like crazy when I was suddenly became aware that he had brought his face dangerously closer to mine… and planted a quick kiss on my lips. It was not one of those sloppy, overly done kisses cause the way it happened so fast. He basically just brushed his lips over mine, and I hadn’t even had a time to decide whether I wanted to kiss him back or not. As Silver smiled at me, said goodnight and turned around, about to leave from my room, it became clear to me that this is the point in the crossroad where I really have to choose either to stay and fought for Nate, or let him go and move on with Silver. I took a deep breath and closed my eyes for a second, just to find that one true voice that told me which path I should take. And as soon as I opened my eyes, I knew I had made a decision.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*grins* What do you guys think Alice's gonna do? :D Anyways, I hope you guys still enjoy this... *hugs* :)