The beginning

Life Ruiner

The beginning

________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

"Am I getting it right? Yo want to transfer into another school? But mr. Kim, you took numerous exams just to get that scholarship we are povinding for the... poor students. Let me remind you that our school is one of the most prestigious in the country. I don't think that you will have better chance in life than this, according to your family financial statement..."
"I know perfectly what am I doing, thank you fo your concern, director Kang." Said Kai and went out of the diector's office, closing soundlessly the door dehind him. For a moment he felt that he should go back and apologise for the stupid desicion he made, he's the director's favourite student after all, he wil be forgiven after a little scolding. But that was only for a moment, because now Kai have a better cause to fight for.

***

There she goes - the highschool queen Jessica Jung, moving around the tables with her silky brownish hair, waving on soft curls behind her back. The army of brainless followers was there, chasing her like always. If you are lucky enough to catch that georgous sight of hers, you will feel like she can read your mind, digging to find your hidden secrets. But if you catch her eyesight, you will at leats be called lucky. Jessica will never look at you for more than 3 seconds and that reason will be the reason why you will be sitting with the loosers on lunch for the rest of your school life.
The girl on the last table, sitting alone in the corner of it, knows that better than anyone. Her name is Kim Sanghee, and she is the first victim ot queen Jessica. That happen two years ago, when Jessica had decided that Sanghee is too pretty to handle, and can be a rival to her one day, so she made something that chanched Sanghee's life. Not just that she turned her into the most hated person in school fo the eternity, but she done even worst, making her best frined to go against her, leaving her all alone for two years already. But let's stick with Jessica for now on.
While she was on her way to the biggest table in the middle of the room, the whole place was quiet. Nobody was looking straight at her, but everybody's periphal vision was fixed on her.
Fast heartbeats, breath holdings, shivering and any similar emotions were going through her classmades, while she was walking near by them. Suddenly a loud voice interrupted that lovely scene.
"Excuse me, are ya gonna need this?" Asked Kai, pointing out the saltern on Jessica's platter with his finger. The music from his headphones was so loud, that he didn't realise how loud is he talking.
Jessica was stunned. How come he is talking to her so freely? She looked at him and found that he is a new face, such a beautiful face... One of Jessica's girlfriends open up to say something insulting about him, but Jessica raised her hand and told her to stay shut.
"Fresh meat?" She said, handing over the saltern to him. Everyone in the room was with his eyes on them now.
Realising that he is the center of attention, Kai turned off his music.
"No, actually it's not fresh at all. It's probably one century old and it need's more salt." He answered, perfectly knowing what she is talking about.
"I was talking about you, silly." Said Jessica, perfectly knowing that he's trying to catch her attention.
"Or really? Haha, Sorry, I'm such an idiot. My name is Jongin, but you can call me Kai, everybody is caling me like that, don't want ya to be and outsider."
Jessica laughed.
"Okay Kai, I'm Jessica, you can just call me like that, since I don't have a nickname."
Kai laughed.
"Nice to meet ya." Kai smiled softly, and let her go on her way.
"What are ya still starring, punks? Am I that handsome?" He asked the others, who were still looking at him. "Okay then, I just gonna take your silence as an agreement." He turned his music on and started to eat, unable to hear all the mutter in the room.
The students were amazed by this new guy and the way he was talking to their queen, so easy-going... That day two or three more people had tried that kind of atittude in front of Jessica. That didn't went well for them.
For just one day, Kai became the main topic. Everybody was talking about him, he was the boy who catched the queen's attention, without being turned into a nerd.

The school ended. Kai was already on his way to the front gate, when somebody grabbed his shirt. It was a girl, and she looked mad. Kai didn't struggled at all, leaving himself on her mercy.
"What in the hell do you think you're doing! Why are you  here!?" She shouted. It was Kim Sagnhee, the famous first victim of the queen.
"Good day to you too, sister." Kai said.