chapter 8

Undying Love

 

 

"You've got to talk with Taeyeon" Mr Lee said, he was very disappointed but what could he do. All he asked was at least to have her at their house, even if they were friends.

 

"I know dad, just that… I can't understand. What's going on with her?!" Donghae frowned as he asked. Taeyeon was always cheerful, bright and understanding. Why was she making such a big deal out of nothing? And why was she acting so weird?

 

Jessica and Amber shook their heads. It was too obvious yet he was completely blind to Taeyeon's feelings.

 

"Donghae, let's have a walk." Sica said as she excused herself.

 

Donghae smiled and followed, Amber rolled her eyes as she wanted to punch her brother badly.

 

After closing the door, they intertwined fingers and walked to the park. As they were getting closer and closer, he felt that something was special in the park that he didn't share with Sica. 

 

"Promise me that you won't get too close to her" Jessica said.

 

"Boh? how are we supposed to be 'not close' if we are best friends?" He asked.

 

"Just promise me!" 

 

"But I can't!" 

 

"Lee Donghae!" Sica stomped her feet and was about to play the same game. She turned around to walk away, and she knew this was the way to make him nervous and follow her wills.

 

"Ok ok! I will try my best" Donghae grabbed her wrist and turned her away.

 

Jessica smiled, knowing that he would fulfill his promises made her feel a bit better. 

 

"I'm just trying to care for you" she said with puppy eyes, getting away from the witch image that anyone else would have of her.

 

"I know…" Donghae said, he felt so sorry about Taeyeon but he couldn't do anything. Jessica was his first girlfriend and he really liked her.

 

"Now you can go talk to her. But don't forget! don't get too close" Jessica reminded him again.

 

"I know… It's ok if you wait for me here?" He asked.

 

JEssica smiled and nodded. In reality, there were hot guys playing basket on the court, so it was fine for her. She could meet new friends, and who knows… ok. Let's jump to Taeyeon's place.

 

Hyoyeon opened the door to face Donghae, although she was a year older, but he had grown to be taller than her. However, he still treated Hyoyeon politely, since he always knew her great 'love' towards him. Huh, so ironic.

 

"What do you want? Tae doesn't want to see you" she said.

 

"Please, let me talk to her." 

 

"What for? You'll just make things worse" 

 

"I really want her friendship…" Donghae said, his face was sad and his voice was sincere.

 

"Then you must swear, just friendship. Nothing else. Don't make her believe in something that will never happen." Hyoyeon said.

 

"Just friendship, my purest friendship" Donghae nodded.

 

Hyukjae shook his head and sighed at his friend.

 

"You dumb… you will regret this… and you will have to break so many promises…" 

Hyuk mumbled as he waved the running man.

 

"Tae~" Donghae opened the door to find Taeyeon jumping crazily while singing a song with all the radio to it's max volume.

 

He laughed at his silly and cute best friend and walked to turn it off. Taeyeon pouted and stopped dancing and turned to find him. Her smile disappeared from her face as she put her comb on her table.

 

"Tae. Want to tell me what's wrong with you?" Donghae sat at her bed and Taeyeon bit her lip.

 

"Nothing…"

 

"You're lying. I just want to know if I can keep my promise of being your best friend, like forever." 

 

Taeyeon looked into his frowning eyes. She could see that deep deep in his eyes, he cared a lot for her. But why, why was this happening to them. 

 

"Like if you really cared about me. Just go with her and leave everything like this. I don't need you around." Taeyeon said as she knew how hard was to lie. She sweard that she will die young if she kept telling lies like this.

 

"But I do need you" His words came without being thought twice. Even Donghae was a bit shocked at his words. they came out naturally like if he was transparent in front of her.

 

"What will you do to make it up?" Taeyeon asked.

 

"Whatever you want." Donghae answered immediately.

 

"I guess I will have to stand your awful face for like forever…" Taeyeon said.

 

"So, that's a yes?" 

 

"You owe me a life of nuts and movies" Taeyeon said and pouted.

 

"No problem, I will work hard to fulfill your stomach and your head" He smiled widely as he pulled her into a tight hug.

 

But then he remembered something: *Don't get close to Taeyeon, promise*

His head reminded him about his promise, but his body was completely attached to her, and it was unwilling to free the hug. He missed this hug, this scent and this petite figure in his lap.

 

"Taeyeonnie!!!!" Amber run into her room to find them hugging. She froze up and didn't know how to react. She was to smile but then she knew that her brother will hurt Taeyeon again. And that fought her smile back.

 

The so called best friends freed from the hug and turned to see Amber, who was now a bit embarrassed though she had always watched them hold hands and hug.

 

"It's always you who interrupts the best moments, get lost Amber~" Donghae said threatening his sister.

 

"Taeyeonnie~ You know what? I approve Changmin oppa hanging out with you" Amber teased back. She was aware that Changmin had this something special when it was about Taeyeon. And she knew well that her brother knew it too.

 

"I don't approve" Donghae said

 

"Waeyo? His your close friend, and he's very caring" Taeyeon said.

 

Donghae frowned as he looked at Taeyeon.

 

'"Because I said so" 

 

"Not fair" Taeyeon said and sat on her bed. "Changmin oppa is daebak and I like him a lot" 

 

Taeyeon swung her legs and noticed the silent room. Amber and Donghae were glaring at each other. 

 

"What's wrong with you?" 

 

"Nothing unnie~ Just that… I'm hungry…" Amber rubbed her tummy.

 

"Oh, I must leave. Jessica is waiting for me" He jumped suddenly and hugged Taeyeon and Amber. But the latter swung her arms to him and didn't want to free him.

 

"Yah Amber! When did you become that strong? Leave me now, I have to go meet Sica" 

 

"Oppa don't go don't go!!" Amber said as Donghae freed himself from the hug.

 

"Aish, just give her a chance, ok?" Donghae ruffled her hair before running to the park.

 

"Unnie… what will you do now?" Amber's smile disappeared as she sat beside Taeyeon.

 

Taeyeon smiled and turned to Amber. "Let's know Sica better. Maybe she's the best girl for your brother"

 

"But the best girl for my brother is you…. " Amber pouted at she mumbled to herself.

 

Taeyeon smiled and fixed Amber's messy hair. 

 

"And I think my life can still go on normally" Taeyeon smiled. now they were back to be best friends again. Nothing seems to change.

 

---

 

When Donghae went to Taeyeon's house, Jessica walked to the basket court. There were five handsome guys playing. And lots of girls cheered for them.

 

"TVXQ!! TVXQ!!!" 

 

Hum… So they are know as TVXQ…

All of them are so hot… 

That guy that looks mysterious… that guy looks strong… that guy… y…

Oh… he's perfect…

and… he's so tall…

 

Jessica smiled as she bit her finger playfully. She knew that the boys had caught a glance on her, and were playing harder to stand out. Just the tall boy seemed natural, like if she didn't exist at all.

 

She pouted but smiled when they decided to take a break. They patted each others back as they whispered something and decided to walk to her.

 

Soon, they were chatting friendly, just the guy called Changmin reminded silent. She thought that maybe he was shy or he didn't like her. But it didn't matter as long as the rest was focused on her.

 

Changmin shook his head and walked off. So this was the girl that made Taeyeon suffer so much. Well, to tell the truth, he thanked her too. If it wasn't because of her, maybe he wouldn't be able to catch a chance to get close to Taeyeon. 

 

After a little chat, Changmin noticed that she was flirting with his friends. Ugh, this is the worst thing of all. He rolled his eyes and got to s, telling them to get back to practice. 

 

the girl named Jessica left her number to them and waved cutely before leaving. How could she act so naturally in front of guys when she had already a boyfriend?

Changmin threw the paper in his bag and went back to the basketball court.

 

'How can Donghae choose this girl over Taeyeon?' Was the biggest question in his head right now.

 

 

 

 

 

Little chap... It was supposed to be written by Eunseo9127, since it's even chap...

but, she's a bit busy lately, so I'm writing it

is it ok?

 

:)

 

-s