Not A Common Girl

Undying Love

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

February 12, 1992

 

 

“Mom! I don’t want to!” Donghae protested. 

 

All his things were packed in boxes and his room was completely cleared out. 

 

"Aish son. I promise that you will find new friends, arasso?" his mother caressed the head of his four year son.

 

"But I will miss Hyukjae! I want to stay here!" he stomped his feet.

 

Donghae was in first year of school, and he made a new friend. As the only son of the Lee's, he often felt lonely as nobody played with him.

 

Ms Lee smiled at his cute son and took some bags. 

 

"You can come back to visit him, okay?" 

 

"Okay…" Donghae looked sad. After all, it was his only and best friend.

 

After packing all the things, they drove to their new house.

 

 

 

----

 

 

February 13, 1992

 

 

"Tae, come in!" Hyoyeon called her sister. 

 

Hyoyeon was getting ready to go camping with her friends. She packed her school bag and got ready.

 

"But I'm playing~" Taeyeoun pouted as she looked at the arriving car. She admired her older sister cause she could go to school and make many friends. Baby Taeyeon dreamed about school, but she was just three years old.

 

"Oh, our new neighbors arrived" Mr and Ms Kim came out and stood beside Taeyeon.

 

"New friends?" Taeyeon looked at her parents excitedly. 

 

After her parents nodded, she smiled widely and looked back at the car. A young couple walked out and following them, a little boy jumped out, pouting cutely.

 

Taeyeon clapped happily and rum to them, surprising her parents who followed her.

 

"Annyeonghaseyo~ Kim Taeyeon inmida!" Taeyeon bowed cutely.

 

Soon, her parents joined her.

 

"Aw, your daughter is so lovely…" Mr and Ms Lee smiled at the young girl.

 

"Donghae, come~ introduce yourself" Ms Lee called.

 

Donghae walked tiredly and sighed. "Annyeonhaseyo, Lee Donghae inmida" He bowed a bit.

 

After the introduction of elders, Taeyeon's parents offered to help them. Taeyeon begged them to let her join. Since Hyoyeon was leaving with her friends, she didn't want to stay all alone at home.

 

"So, this will be your room?" Taeyeon asked.

 

She pointed out the window and smiled. 

 

"That's my room! It's right next to yours!" She said cheerfully. 

 

"Dae, great…" Donghae said a bit annoyed, but Taeyeon didn't notice since she was so hyperactive.

 

"And, that's my sister's room!" She pointed at another window.

 

"Okay…" Little Hae didn't want to be impolite, but he was really tired. They travelled all night and now a little girl was showing him her house pointing at the windows...

 

"Am I annoying?" The girl asked innocently. She had always heard from her sister that some people from school were 'annoying', though she didn't know what the word meant, she loved to sound older and more 'mature' by using complex words. 

 

"Ani! I'm just tired" Donghae was somehow surprised at her 'extent' vocabulary. 

 

"Oh! Rest then, come play later~!" Taeyeon smiled and left.

 

Donghae smiled back and just threw himself on the bed. He was praying that Taeyeon wouldn't be the pinky crybaby.

 

 

 

 

-----

 

 

March 15, 1992

 

 

"Tae!! Let's go!" Donghae yelled from the little porch.

 

Taeyeon came running and smiled at him, she carried a little bag with her.

 

"You've got what we need?" He asked, holding a bag too.

 

"Neh!" Taeyeon nodded happily.

 

They get along pretty well. Every day after school, Donghae will go play with Taeyeon. He found her interesting, since she loved to play with robots and cars, and not with dolls and barbies.

 

Today, they were going to a 'expedition'. They walked to the parked and looked for new 'species'. As they were busy catching worms and other insects, other kids played in the usual spots.

 

"I've got a huge worm!!" Taeyeon said as she took it with her hand.

 

"Daebak!!" Donghae's eyes widen up.

 

"Let's register it as king of worms" Taeyeon said.

 

Donghae nodded as he took out his pencil and a little notebook. He didn't know how to write at all but… Taeyeon believed that he knew.

 

Donghae did some weird drawings as letters.

 

"Done" He said happily.

 

Taeyeon nodded and placed the worm back. She took back the magnifying glass and keep searching. 

 

The couple could spend all day 'investigating'. And every time they went on 'expedition', they knew that their parents will scold them when they arrived. Cause…

 

"Kim Taeyeon! What have you done! You're all muddy. How many times did I tell you not to play with dirt?" Ms Kim gave the usual speech. 

 

After taking a shower and eating, they will just meet at the window.

 

"So, they scolded you?" Donghae asked.

 

"Neh, as always. And you?" Taeyeon asked.

 

Donghae pouted. "They scolded me, but today was a little different. They didn't scold me for getting dirty, they scolded me for letting you get dirty." 

 

He didn't notice the difference at all. But the focus of his parents were going on Taeyeon. They loved the girl and didn't want Donghae to 'corrupt' her with his weird hobbies.

Though it was too late.

 

"Hum, I'll talk to auntie tomorrow then. I'll tell her that I'm fine~" Taeyeon said.

 

"Now go to sleep cause you have to go to school tomorrow" Taeyeon said, placing her hands over her hips, trying to imitate her mother.

 

"Come call me, arasso?" Donghae said.

 

"Wae~ I want to sleep~" Taeyeon pouted.

 

"How can you keep sleeping if your friend has to wake up and study? Not fair. So come wake me up. See you tomorrow!!" He laughed as he closed his window, leaving Taeyeon pouting.

 

 

 

 

------

 

 

March 16, 1992

 

 

"Donghae wake up!" Taeyeon said as she looked the little ball.

 

"Hum… just 5 minutes more" He mumbled.

 

"I came to wake you up! If you don't wake up fast, then I'll go" Taeyeon said.

 

Donghae opened his eyes a bit to find Taeyeon standing in front of him.

 

"Gimme a hug and I will wake up" He said.

 

Taeyeon shook her head cutely as she walked to him, he opened his blankets to welcome her, wrapping her little body around.

 

"Warm~" Taeyeon smiled as she hugged Donghae. Little did she know that she was falling in his spell.

 

Soon, the two kiddos were in dreamland.

 

Fifteen minutes passed and Taeyeon opened her eyes. 

 

"Omo, Donghae, you're late!!" She got up nervously and patted him.

 

"Hum…" Donghae rolled and rolled, then he opened his eyes.

 

"Jinja?" He asked and looked at his clock.

 

"AAAAh!!" He jumped off and run to the bathroom.

 

"Tae! gimme the school bag!" He shouted from the bathroom.

 

Taeyeon laughed as she took his bag and placed all the books and pencils she found on his desk.

 

"Here" She gave it to him. 

 

He run, took a piece of toast and shouted to her.

 

"Wait for me! We'll make something fun today!" His voice was fading as he left the house.

 

"Honey, i told you that Donghae was lazy" Ms Lee said as she walked to Taeyeon.

 

"It's okay auntie." Taeyeon smiled.

 

"But surprisingly, he's not angry at all." 

 

"Wae? What do you mean auntie?" Taeyeon tilted her head.

 

"He hates when someone calls him up. He goes to school very angry… But today, he's a bit weird. I guess it's because you called him, right?" Ms Lee teased.

 

Despite all, Taeyeon didn't understand what Ms Lee was talking about. She just felt happy that Donghae could go to school happily.

 

"Tae, this is your house, come whenever you want" Ms Lee said smiling and caressing the girl's hair.

 

"Neh, gomowo auntie" Taeyeon smiled widely. 

 

The fact is, this month she had spent tons of hours in Donghae's house and vice versa, though Donghae didn't like to go to Taeyeon's house.

It was because he felt that Hyoyeon didn't welcome him. And in reality, Hyoyeon didn't like the idea of Taeyeon spending so much time with a boy.

 

After Hyoyeon and Donghae left, Ms Kim will take Taeyeon to her daycare center. Most of the kids there were 'boring'. They asked Taeyeon silly questions and played everyday the same games.

 

Though Taeyeon had many friends, she expected everyday to go home and wait for Donghae to arrive. Cause playing with him was so much fun.

 

 

 

 

-----

 

 

July 20, 1992

 

 

"Finally~ vacations!" Donghae stretched his arms as he arrived home.

 

He waved at Taeyeon and smiled. He run to his house to get changed and eat something before he joined her.

 

"I'm free from now! So, what are the plans for this summer?" He asked.

 

"Hum… " Taeyeon tapped her cheek.

 

"Complete our investigation." Donghae said.

 

Taeyeon nodded as she tried to think of something else to do.

 

"I run out of ideas… " Taeyeon said.

 

"Ani~ Gwenchana, we have lots of time" Donghae smiled.

 

"First, ice cream!!" Taeyeon shouted. It was her favorite dessert and little did she know…

 

"You're jiang!! I love ice cream!!" Donghae almost shouted and jumped to the moon. He loved ice cream.

 

"Neh let's go let's go!!" Taeyeon said excitedly.

 

They held hands and walked to the ice cream shop. They had to tiptoe to chose the flavors.

 

"I want a strawberry ice cream" Donghae said.

 

"I want… nuts" Taeyeon pointed.

 

It was a bit weird for Donghae to like strawberry, and he used to feel ashamed of his flavor preference. But with Taeyeon, he felt that he was free to show the most real side of him.

 

After they ate ice cream happily, they walked back home.

 

"Come to my house after dinner" Donghae said.

 

Taeyeon nodded and walked into her house, waving at him.

 

After dinner, Taeyeon showed up and greeted politely to Mr and Ms Lee. After that, Donghae dragged her to the terrace.

 

"Look." He pointed at the sky. It was full of little shiny dots that winked at them.

 

Taeyeon smiled widely as she clapped her hands. Her house didn't had terrace at all and she never noticed the stars on summer.

 

"Summer stars are brighter that any season" Donghae said, leaning on the floor.

 

Taeyeon smiled and leaned beside him.

 

That night, they chatted all night. Donghae's parents asked Taeyeon's parents to let her stay over, since they found them sleeping profoundly and carried them to the rooms. 

 

They smiled imaging that soon their guest room could be named as 'Taeyeon's room'.

 

 

 

 

-----

 

 

June 28, 1992

 

 

The kids were done with their insect research. Now they were looking for something else to do. Most of activities were forbidden since Taeyeon was too little.

 

"But I'm almost four!" She stomped her feet. 

 

"Little miss, you're not even three and a half" Ms Kim said to her younger daughter.

 

"Tae, stop being childish" Hyoyeon said.

 

"Unnie, you're just five…" Taeyeon mumbled.

 

"Hum~ I want to ride a bike~" Taeyeon pouted as she tried her aegyo to convince them. 

 

 "Okay okay" Their parents gave up.

 

Soon, Taeyeon was riding a new tricycle. Although she was completely unhappy abut it. She dreamed with a huge and cool bike, and not with this little 'tricycle'.

 

But, what else could she do? After all, it was a bike.

 

However, Taeyeon made it to convince Donghae to teach her ride his bike. Though she fell many times and got some bruises, but the moments shared were just too wonderful and unique.

 

Although Taeyeon made it to hide her bruises from her parents, she could never get to hide it from her sister. Hyoyeon thought that Donghae was not taking good her of her baby sister, making her trip and not looking on her. She didn't like the idea of letting Taeyeon go to play with him.

 

 

 

---

 

 

 

September 4, 1992

 

 

 

Donghae's birthday passed. There was just a little celebration. No big deal at all. Cause he wanted to spend his time in other things, such as playing, rather than eating a hell sweet cake.

 

And he knew Taeyeon agreed with him. They both sneaked out and walked to the park while elders chatted among them. 

It was not when everything was ready that they noticed that the two kids were missing. But well, Hyoyeon noticed it all and tell them not to worry, cause they went playing.

 

Back to normal time, they sat at the swings. Taeyeon rested her head on one side and smiled.

 

"Tae, why are you so happy?" He asked.

 

"I'll go to school soon!" She said. Just imagining it, she was getting happier and happier. 

You might wonder who in the world loves school? Well, this little weirdo does.

 

Donghae chuckled at her reason. He shook his head in disbelief.

 

"How can you like school if you have to wake up so early" He said.

 

"Donghae, since I go to the same school, will you walk with me to the school?" Taeyeon asked.

 

Donghae smiled. It was obvious. To tell the truth, he was waiting for the day that Taeyeon could go to school with him, so they could share more time together.

 

"Neh, everyday." He said.

 

"Promise?" Taeyeon asked cutely.

 

Donghae took his pinky out, knowing that it was the most solemn way to make a promise to Taeyeon. Once he takes pinky out, she knows it's for real.

 

Taeyeon smiled and intertwined fingers with him. They both nodded.

 

 

 

 

 

How is it?

i guess it's quite long and boring...

feel free to comment!

-S