Face or Scape?

Undying Love

 

 

Donghae woke up. There was a huge sound coming from outside. He walked down to see what was happening.

 

"no.. this can't be true…" 

 

Tons of boxes and appliances were being lounged on a truck. And it came from the Kim house.

 

"Apuchi! Apuchi!" Donghae run to Mr Kim.

 

"Oh, Hae-ah, I'm sorry. We're moving away…"

 

"Apuchi, what will I do if Tae comes back?!" He asked in a despaired way.

 

"I will tell you when she comes back. Don't worry." Mr Kim patted Donghae's arm.

 

Donghae's sadness couldn't be hidden. He walked towards her room. It was already empty, only left with the baby purple color on the wall. He shut his eyes and reminisced all the moments he spend there with Taeyeon.

 

They whispered each other secrets, they tickled each other. They did homework together, they often fought too.

 

"I'm not going to cry. Because this is not the ending. Our ending is not like this. My heart is still guarding you." Donghae mumble to himself.

 

Amber, Mr and Mrs Lee helped them. Just the boy kept staring blankly in Taeyeon's room.

 

He made a childish promise to himself. He will prank anyone that wants to buy the house. He will say it's haunted and he will wait for Taeyeon to come back.

 

"I don't believe that she wants to move away. If she comes back, we'll beg together for her to stay."

He kept his hope.

 

Three months passed, now it was a year from Taeyeon's departure.

Donghae kept waiting for her. He would still walk in her house, though it was losing it's essence.

 

---

 

"Changmin oppa! This is not working!" Taeyeon shouted.

 

Her temper is not bad, just that she collapses at times. It's been a year a she doesn't improve. Taeyeon already wanted to face the fact that she will die. But Changmin doesn't let her, he keeps hoping.

 

"I'm tired." Taeyeon said.

 

"Rest. The doctor said that you shouldn't do much effort" Changmin looked at her. 

 

Her beautiful face was covered with a medical mask. It was to avoid the virus spread.

Taeyeon looked at him.

 

"I know you lost all hopes on me." She said and pushed him out.

 

---

 

"What's Shim Changmin doing here?" The girl asked while she hid herself.

 

"I know you lost all hopes on me." It's Taeyeon's voice.

 

The girl smiled and knew what was happening.

 

"Unnie, are you ok?" Krystal asked.

 

Jessica nodded and smiled at Krystal, she patted her head and walked with her sister.

 

"The doctor said that you're recovering really fast." Jessica smiled.

 

"Neh! That's because I got a new friend here~" Krystal clapped.

 

"Oh really? Who's that friend~? Is it a boy or a girl?" Jessica teased.

 

"A girl unnie! aigoo, what are you thinking about" Krystal pouted cutely.

 

"And what's her name?"

 

"Kim Taeyeon. I like her a lot and I feel so lonely when she has to go get the treatment." 

 

Jessica was surprised. Why Taeyeon could have everything she wanted? Ani, this was not going good. 

 

"And how's that?" Jessica asked. 

 

"Tae unnie is with TB. And she gets treatments once a week. that's when Changmin oppa comes, but we can't enter so we get bored easily."

 

"Oh… so sorry for her" Jessica said.

 

---

 

The next week, Jessica walked into the hospital smiling. She was wearing a low V dress which caught the attention of males.

 

"Shim Changmin. Long time not see, what are you doing here?" Jessica asked in a … attractive tone.

 

"Jessica Jung? What are YOU doing here" The boy asked coldly. 

 

"I'm coming for some exams… I hurt my leg days ago so…" Jessica faked to walk with difficulty.

 

"You shouldn't wear heels then" Changmin said watching her play.

 

"Aigoo… It's not like that, you know… girls love heels."

 

"More than themselves." Changmin thought.

 

He waited patiently for Taeyeon. He knew that she was getting tired of the treatments. But still, she has to do it.

 

"Ouch~" Jessica faked to step wrong and she ended on Changmin's chest, obviously, pressing her body against his.

 

Changmin looked at her. She looked back with sorry eyes.

 

"You better…"

 

Jessica cupped his face and kissed him. She knows that the door just opened. She pressed all her body on his and took his hands to intertwine fingers with him.

 

Taeyeon closed the door again.

 

"I'm hurt, can you please take me back to my suite?" JEssica asked after she broke the kiss.

 

Changmin rolled his eyes and pulled her away. He walked and knocked the door.

 

"I… I'm not done yet." Taeyeon said nervously.

 

"I will come later Tae" Changmin said.

 

Jessica smiled as she clinked her arm on his. But he shoved it away.

 

"I'm not going to go with you. Just leaving you at the main gate" Changmin said.

 

"Oh, please~" Her aegyo voice was irresistible. But Changmin was calm and knew exactly what to do.

 

"Bye." 

 

---

 

"Whoa… so empty. When did it become like this?" 

 

Taeyeon walked into her house, she ignored the posters at the door.

One of them said: Be Careful, Crazy Ghosts around.

She knew that it wasn't true. And the handwriting… was horrible.

 

"Hey! What are you doing here?!" Taeyeon could hear someone call her.

 

"Who allowed you to enter this house. It's enchanted, you know?" The voice was dropping while she knew he was getting closer and closer.

 

"Kim Taeyeon." He hugged her.

 

Taeyeon smiled and turned around.

The guy she loved all her life. He was hugging her, he was crying.

 

"Donghae." She hugged back.

 

"Why did you leave me?!" He asked angrily.

 

"Mianhe." 

 

Donghae pulled away to look into her eyes. She was sad…

He leaned close but was stopped by her.

 

"Why? Are you still with Changmin?" He asked, his voice was full of hurt.

 

Taeyeon looked down, Donghae shook his head and shoved her.

 

"You can't do this to me! I've been waiting for a year and you…" He frowned as his voice was cracking.

 

"Taeyeon!" Changmin opened the door running. 

 

Taeyeon jumped of surprise and hid behind Donghae. Donghae frowned as he faced Changmin.

 

"Why are you here? You shouldn't come out like this? what if you catch a cold? Or you get a cough attack?!" Changmin asked.

 

"I give up. I already gave up so don't pull me back to that life. I hate it. And I don't want to see you anymore." Taeyeon said, only her bangs could be seen, the rest of her was hidden behind Donghae.

 

"Donghae, tell her to stop fooling. She must go back"  Changmin said.

 

"Ani, she's not going anywhere." Donghae said and he held her hand.

 

"Tae. I don't know what's wrong with you, what's wrong with us. But you have to go back, it's for you own good." Changmin pleaded.

 

"Just as I wrote in the letter. I want to break up. Thanks for everything you've done for me, I really appreciate it. But."

 

"Don't say it again!" Changmin shouted.

 

Donghae was shocked. But he was also confused. If she didn't had boyfriend, then why she didn't let him kiss her?

 

"I told you I'm tired of everything! I want my life back! I want sunshine, I want my family and friends!" 

Taeyeon started to shout too. 

 

"Changmin, let her choose. You can't force her." Donghae said.

 

Changmin shook his head, coughs came louder and louder.

 

"Oh my gosh… " Changmin run to Taeyeon, who was having a cough attack.

 

Donghae got nervous and hugged Taeyeon, she shook her head and tried to push everyone away.

 

"Call an ambulance now!" Changmin shouted.

 

Donghae nodded and called immediately.

 

"Tae, breathe deep. Did you have your medicine?" He looked in her bags and found the entire box full.

 

"You haven't eat at all!" He shouted angrily.

 

He took the pill and took Taeyeon's hand away from , placing the pill into her lips, she took it.

 

The ambulance came and took Taeyeon away. Donghae was going to drive Changmin, but he first washed his hands.

 

"Is this the way you love her?" Donghae asked.

 

He didn't understand why he was washing his hands. It was Taeyeon the one they were talking about.

 

"Are you really dumb? Tuberculosis is a contagious sickness. Do you even know this simple knowledge?" Changmin glared back.

 

Tuberculosis…

The world echoed in Donghae's head. Once, twice… it was like brainwashing him.

 

"She… she has tuberculosis?" 

 

Changmin looked at him. "Didn't she tell you? Oh. what am I asking… " Changmin said.

 

"Who?"

 

"Jessica. Taeyeon told her and left a message for you. But I guess you never got it" Changmin said and left.

 

"What?… " Donghae followed, still incapable to understand.

 

"She'd kept it a secret all this time. We went to get the treatment for her. But as you can see, she's giving up" 

 

Donghae drove to the hospital, Changmin explained everything to him on the way.

 

"How is Kim Taeyeon?" Both of them asked.

 

"She's fine now. You can go check on her"

 

Taeyeon was sitting and looking out the window. Donghae run to hug her.

 

"Mianhe. Jeongmal mianhe. I never received your message. I would call you everyday if I knew. Taeng-ah…" 

 

Taeyeon never moved, not her body, not her eyes. 

 

She took her mask away and stood up. She walked towards the door but was blocked by Changmin.

 

"Tae. Don't give up. Please continue with the treatment. We can do it here if you want. So many friends and family can come visit you. You won't be lonely."

 

Taeyeon shoved Changmin away and kept walking.

 

Both men looked at each other.

 

---

 

Donghae and Changmin looked at her. She was happy, smiling and laughing. She was playing volleyball. Although the doctor forbid strong exercises, she still wanted to do it. 

 

"She's wanting to go back to her normal life." Donghae said.

 

"But that's not facing the sickness."

 

 

 

Here is the update

I wrote it yesterday but... accidentaly I erased the document T.T

so I wrote again.

 

had a bad day...

T.T

 

need lots and lots lots of love

-S