Changmin's warm smile

Undying Love

 

 

 

 

"N…neh. Very pretty… Annyeong, Kim Taeyeon inmida. Nice to meet you" Her eyes looked down as she offered her hand to jessica.

 

"Nice to meet you too, I'm Jessica, but you can call me Sica" Jessica said as she shook Taeyeon's hand.

 

"Oh, by the way, happy birthday" Sica pulled Taeyeon in a little hug, while Taeyeon was still in shock and couldn't process.

 

"What is this oppa?" Amber grabbed Donghae and pulled him away.

 

"What?" 

 

The eyes of his sister were about to kill him. But Donghae didn't understand at all.

 

"She!! How can you get a girlfriend when Taeyeonnie and you are meant to be!" Amber said angrily.

 

"Yah~ Taeyeon is my best friend. And you say that because you don't know Sica. You'll love her when you know her better" Donghae said patting Amber's head.

 

"Pabo oppa. I don't like Jessica-shi" Amber said stubbornly and turned to look for Taeyeon. 

 

But unfortunately, the music started to play, and as Donghae walked to her girlfriend, Changmin asked Taeyeon to dance.

 

Taeyeon smiled sightly as he took her hand and both of them walked away.

 

"So, you feel disappointed?" Changmin asked, his face was close to hers, and his eyes looked carefully into hers.

 

"Ani… she's pretty." Taeyeon said. 

 

"But you know you've got me." Changmin smiled sightly and waited seriously for her answer.

 

"You're a great friend." Taeyeon smiled.

 

Changmin knew that he had to work harder, and he was willing to. 

 

"I want to show you a place, let's meet after the party ends" He said.

 

"Arasso" 

 

Meanwhile, Jessica's body was sticked to Donghae's. He smiled as they danced together, ignoring the killing glances of his little sister.

 

"Your sister hates me" Sica whispered in a fake - innocent and hurt tone.

 

"Don't worry, she will accept you sooner or later." 

 

"Why is she like that? Did I do something wrong?" The best drama queen showed some tears.

 

"Ani!~ It's just that she loves Taeyeon too much" The poor innocent guy told the truth without hesitating.

 

"So she wants you to pair up with that childish-looking best friend?" Jessica asked.

 

"I think so… But don't worry, she's just my best friend…" He reassured.

 

Jessica smiles satisfied and kissed him, Donghae returned her kiss as many eyes followed them.

 

"I knew this would happen. I will kill that guy.." Hyoyeon said angrily.

 

"Calm down Hyo… he doesn't know what he is doing…" Hyukjae hold her as he frowned too. 

He never saw his friend so in love. Wrong, Donghae was so… blind.

 

"I can't stand this anymore. I'll help Changmin." Hyo said determined.

 

Hyukjae knew that Changmin got very well with Hyoyeon, since they are in basket team. Though his in boy team while Hyo is in girl team, but they spend a lot of training time together.

 

"I still think that Donghae loves your sister" Hyukjae said.

 

"I don't think so, waiting for him will definitely be a waste of time. And! It will just hurt Tae more"

 

"But you know you can't change Tae's mind" 

 

"I can't change her, but Changmin can" 

 

Hyukjae sighed as he knew this was going to be hard and it will be a huge loss for his best friend.

 

---

 

"Taeyeonnie'" Amber walked into Taeyeon's room. After the party, everyone went home. 

Changmin was coming to pick her up later, and Taeyeon sat on her bed without knowing what to do.

 

"Amber… " Taeyeon said as she looked at her pretty donsaeng.

 

"Unnie, don't give up on oppa please" She begged with all her sincere heart.

 

"Amber… Your oppa is not mine… and will never be." Taeyeon said as a tear rolled down.

 

"I will wake that pabo from his stupid dream. He belongs to you unnie, you and no one else" 

 

"You sound like he's my property. Aish this kid" Taeyeon smiled and ruffled her hair.

 

"But I'm telling the truth… When he's with her, he's so… fake" Amber said sadly.

 

Taeyeon looked at Amber.

 

"I'm sorry. I've lived with him for more than 15 years yet I couldn't make him fall for me" Taeyeon said to Amber.

 

"Ani!! Don't give up!! I want you as my unnie and only you!" Amber said

 

"Amber… maybe you should try to get to know Sica better" Taeyeon said.

 

"Maybe you will like her too, and you can forget about unnie" Taeyeon wiped her tear away.

 

Amber could feel how hurt Taeyeon was, but she was not willing to show it.

 

"I won't forgive that stupid brother of mine… And I will never accept that Jessica-shi in my house. Unnie, I won't forget about you, never!" Amber said as she stormed out angrily towards her house.

 

Soon, there was huge door sound coming from Donghae's room. Taeyeon knew it was hell-Amber mode on.

 

"What are you doing?!" Amber shouted as she found them kissing.

 

"Stop shouting Amber, what's wrong with you?" Donghae asked angrily.

 

"You're a huge pabo and you don't know you're hurting people!!" Amber screamed to her brother. She had never argued like this with him. It was the first time she was completely against him.

 

"Are you telling this because of Taeyeon? I told you she's my friend! Now stop this and get out!" He pointed at the door.

 

"Oh, and one more thing. You said that I hurt her, but you're the one who's shouting and letting her know about me and Sica" Donghae said as he had his window half-opened.

 

Amber's eyes widened as she realized she just made the most stupid thing in the world. Now Taeyeon must be imagining things from Donghae and Jessica that are not real. She run back to her room to find it locked.

 

"Taeyeonnie… mianhe… I swear my brother wasn't doing something bad." Amber cried.

 

It was the first time that Amber cried. She was so pampered by Donghae and Taeyeon that whatever she wanted, they will just give it to her.

 

Taeyeon opened her door and sighed at the younger. Amber rushed to hug Tae and cried in her lap.

 

"Pabo… You are so much more worried than that oppa of yours" Taeyeon her hair gently as Amber kept crying.

 

"Unnie… How can you be so strong… I'm crying because… all this was yours…" 

 

"Sleep Amber, and forget everything." 

 

Soon, Amber was asleep on Taeyeon's bed. Taeyeon walked out to find Changmin waiting for her.

 

"Did you wait long?" She asked.

 

"Ani, just arrived." 

 

But she never knew that he heard the loud fight between Amber and Donghae, and he knew what was happening.

 

Changmin offered his hand and Taeyeon hesitantly took it. 

 

He walked through the dark streets, with Taeyeon following silently. 

 

"If you feel like crying, you know you have my shoulders to lean on" He said as they sat on a open field, with the stars shining over their heads.

 

"Gomowo…" Taeyeon hugged her knees. 

 

Changmin looked at her and placed her head on his shoulder, he could feel her silent sobbing. 

He swung his arm around her shoulder, to warm her and cheer her up.

 

"I guess I'm giving up." Taeyeon said.

 

He didn't say a word, just looked at the sky.

 

"Aren't you going to encourage me?" Taeyeon asked.

 

Changmin chuckled and looked at her.

 

"You want me to? Encourage you to forget him?" 

 

Taeyeon nodded.

 

"I don't feel like taking advantage of your weak conditions" 

 

"What do you mean?" 

 

"I mean you're hurt and weak, and you may make promises that you will regret. Besides, chasing a girl when she's weak is not playing fairly." Changmin said while his eyes still looked at the stars.

 

"You're weird… But I like it" Taeyeon smiled.

 

"I see your mood is better, want to go for a walk?" 

 

"Sure" 

 

True, she felt good after having this little chat with him.

 

Changmin held her hand and walked. Taeyeon looked at their holding hands.

 

"So warm…"

 

The street became more noise, it was the informal night market. There were stalls everywhere and all the people were shouting to attract customers.

 

Changmin stopped at a play, it was the usual 'hit the mole". He smiled and paid.

Taeyeon looked at him when he handled a plastic hammer to her. She chuckled and took it. 

 

"Ready? Kill them all!" Changmin said as the game started. Taeyeon concentrated on hitting the moles as she laughed. They got a high score since they rarely missed one.

 

"Great job!" Changmin showed his palm and Taeyeon high fived laughing.

 

"Well, you've got a pretty high score so you can choose among this prizes" 

 

"Whoa!!! Daebak!" Taeyeon went to pick the prize.

 

"This! This is perfect for you" Changmin took a peas pot and zipped it open. It showed three little happy peas, making Taeyeon's eyes grow wide.

 

"Sorry young man but you can only have this" It was the little sized peas pot. But Changmin wanted the huge ones.

 

"Can I buy them?" He asked.

 

"I'm sorry but these are available only if you keep collecting points"  The man said.

 

"What do you choose Taeng? The little one or… coming everyday to collect points" Changmin wished for the last one, so he could have a excuse to spend time with her everyday.

 

"I want the big one… so, collect points" Taeyeon smiled and nodded.

 

The man smiled and took out a notebook.

 

"Your names please~" 

 

-Awesome Changmin and Shorty Taeng-

 

"Waaaaeee!!! I'm not short!!" Taeyeon smacked his arm after reading what Changmin wrote.

 

Both men chuckled at the name and the man wrote today's points.

 

"Hope you come back soon! And thanks~! This is a gift from the house, since you two look really nice together" The man took a couple leather bracelet.

 

"Ani… we're…" Changmin was about to shake his hand when Taeyeon grabbed it.

 

"Thank you very much!!" She said happily and took his to put it on his wrist.

 

Changmin was so surprised of her action that stood frozen for a while.

 

"Earth calling Changmin oppa~~ " Taeyeon waved as she held her wrist out.

 

"Oh~" He came back to sense and put the bracelet on her wrist.

 

Taeyeon smiled and thanked the man again.

 

Soon, the couple bracelet smiled at each other since they were so close as the hands were hold together.

 

"Want to eat something?" Changmin asked.

 

Taeyeon tapped her chin thinking of something. It was really noisy and there were tons of people walking through, Changmin held her tight so they wouldn't get lost.

 

"Bubble tea~?" Taeyeon said.

 

Changmin laughed and Taeyeon looked at him.

 

"You only eat sweet, that's why you don't grow" He said as he walked her to a little stall.

 

"Ahjumma~ two soup noodles!" Changmin asked.

 

"Wae, it's like 1am and you are eating soup noodles?" 

 

"Not me! WE!" 

 

"But~" 

 

"I promise these noodles are the best, you will love them!" 

 

"Arasso…." 

 

After the noodles came, Taeyeon laughed at how Changmin ate. He seemed like he hasn't ate for a month or more.

 

"Did you eat at my party?" 

 

"Neh, I ate a lot…" He said laughing.

 

Taeyeon laughed too.

 

"But you can still eat this much?" 

 

"Neh" 

 

Taeyeon ate her noodles, and suddenly her eyes went bright.

 

"Whoa…" 

 

"I told you… I always come here after my training schedule" 

 

"Jinja… how could you never told me, you selfish~" 

 

"Ara are… I will make you try everything I know, happy?" 

 

He was the happiest now, knowing that she was open to him and accepted sharing her time with him.

 

"Neh, I will eat the same things like you so I will grow tall like you" Taeyeon said seriously, which make him laugh.

 

After spending more time together, Changmin walked Taeyeon back to her house.

 

"Changmin oppa… Thanks, it was the best time of the day~" Taeyeon smiled.

 

"You're welcome Tae, anything you need, at anytime, just call me, arasso?" 

 

Taeyeon nodded. Changmin smiled and leaned down to kiss her cheek.

 

"Good night birthday girl."

 

Taeyeon blushed and turned around. Changmin had already left and she walked to the main gate.

 

"Are you dating Changmin?" His voice was clear in the night.

 

"Why are you here?"

 

"Looking for Amber"

 

"It's not like she's on somebody else's house, she' in my house"

 

"But you're not even with her"

 

"She's asleep"

 

"You haven't answer my question yet"

 

"I don't need to answer" She turned the knob.

 

"Kim Taeyeon" He felt… jealous… sad… angry… and millions of feelings mixed together.

 

"Remember, I'm your best friend, not girlfriend" Taeyeon said and walked it.

 

What the hell was he doing at the door of her house at this hour! Taeyeon shook her head and went to sleep with Amber.

 

---

 

"Donghae wake up" Sica called.

 

"Tae… five more minutes… "

 

"I'm not Kim Taeyeon!!" Sica said as she punched him with a pillow. But he stood there still sleeping.

 

"Only Tae unnie can call him up… So don't try hard" Amber said as she walked by. 

 

Jessica send her a killing glance and kept bugging Donghae. But he was completely asleep, like if he won't get up even if the world ends.

 

"Ahjussi, ahjumma, Donghae is still sleeping~" Jessica tried to use her aegyo on Mr and Ms Lee, but they just smiled at the girl.

 

"Let's have breakfast first, arasso?" They invited Sica to stay at their house -ehem… well, she had to share Amber's room… -

 

"Ok… " Sica sat down, while Amber run out.

 

"Amber~" 

 

"I'll call Tae unnie!"

 

Soon, Taeyeon came and greeted politely, Amber pushed Taeyeon to Donghae's room, but Sica run behind them to see what was her technique. 

 

"Donghae wake up" Taeyeon rubbed the fat blanket ball. Her tone was flat and Amber frowned.

 

"Go unnie… or oppa will never wake up…" Amber told Taeyeon but she just stood there.

 

"I can't… Donghae-ah, this will be the last day that I will call you" Taeyeon said as she turned away.

 

"Yah Tae!" Donghae suddenly popped out and hugged her from the back, freezing Taeyeon as Amber smiled widely. But he let go immediately after seeing that his girlfriend was there too.

 

The truth was… yes, his usual way to wake up was Taeyeon's hug, voice, scent and puppy eyes.

But he had to admit… most of the times he was already awake, just lying lazily waiting for her.

 

And today was one of those days. He wanted to hug her badly, yet he hasn't found an excuse for hugging her. So he woke up early to wait for her, and every single minute that she was late, he got more worried. His mind was full of her with Changmin… he tried to push those thoughts away but he couldn't.

 

Till Amber, as noisy as always, dragged Taeyeon is and asked her to wake him up.

Her voice was not as melodic as usual. She didn't try to tickle him or just jump on top of him, she barely touched him.

Donghae waited for her to hug him, but Taeyeon came up with a bigger surprise.

 

"Let me go" Taeyeon wiped his hands and run out, she could feel her tears running down. It was impossible to control. What was he expecting from her? After all this… 

 

 

---

 

 

Anneyong dear readers, 

how was this chapter?

 

Tell me what are you expecting from this two couples~

Personally... I'm in Amber's team lol

She's the one who sees clearly, though Hyukjae too.

But, I like Amber the most. XP

 

Please don't forget to leave your comments since they are very precious for us.

Keep supporting us by: subscribing, commenting and upvoting this fic

 

Thanks! 

 

-S