Chapter 1: Moving to Korea

The Teacher I Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Hi guys, this is the first time writing this kind of stuff. especially if it is in second person. I'll try my hardest to succeed this fiction. This is only the first chapter and it's only just started so I would like some feedback. Thank You :)

When you see ~~~~ just put your name there

I hope you enjoy.

 

You were ready to go. You’re ready to leave America. What a relief for you to get away from all that bullying happening around you. You were finally glad. But things start to worry you that the same things might happen in Korea but much more worse. You stop thinking about the things relating in the past and start a new life in a new country.

Your plane is about to leave in 24 minutes. Enough time for Sulli to tell you about Korea and what it is like. Your friend Sulli has studied in Korea before but moved back to America because she finds it more relaxing to see the students being rude to the teachers. You don’t see how that’s relaxing but Sulli is different. She is the only person that accepted you as a friend.

 

You were sitting with Sulli at the food court in the airport. You weren’t in the mood to eat right now nor were Sulli. You thought leaving Sulli alone was a bad thing, but Sulli didn’t stop you if it was for your own good. The silence crept awkwardness between the two of you. You were nervous about going to Korea alone. Your mother can’t come because she has important business here.

“Yah ~~~~, you know I’m going to have to warn you about the schools you might need to avoid,” Sulli told you to break the silence, but the information you needed. You leaned in closer showing her that you were curious.

“Well the schools I would go for is SM High, YG High or JYP High. Those three are the most popular but hardest to get in. I was in SM High for 2 years but came back to America, But that’s not important,” She explained thoroughly and clear. You tried kept those three schools in your head.

“And the schools you need to avoid are... Let’s see,” you watched Sulli as she is still trying to remember the name of the school. You sat there patiently hoping that she tells you.

“Oh, stay away from Woollim High. I heard that the teachers are good but the students are terrible. They’re like the ones at our school but less painful,” You kept those words in your head. ‘Do not go to Woollim High’ you thought repeatedly.

“So is that all I need to know?” You asked.

“Yes that’s all,”

You checked your watch and the plane is going to leave in 16 minutes. You got up and were ready to leave. You left the food court and made your way to the departure lounge. Sulli followed you beside. You two were talking about other stuff about Korea and the conditions you need to know and what things you’ll be experiencing.

As you got there, you saw your mother standing waiting for you. You realised Sulli needed to go for her family meeting.

“I need to go because of...you know,”

“Yeah well I guess this is a good-bye for a long time. Hey, we can still talk on Facebook right?”

“Yes we can,”

“I promise I’ll talk to you every night then,”

“It depends what time it is over there and here,”

“Yeah, I’ll figure it out. Goodbye Choi Jinri,”

“Yah ~~~~, you don’t call me by my real name please. It makes me feel uneven,” You hugged her good-bye and she hugged you back. You were really going to miss her and she was going to miss you too. She pulled out of the hug and patted your shoulder.

“Tell me if there is any problems in Korea like you told me here. I’ll give you as much advice as possible,” You nodded in replied and walked to your destination. You looked back seeing Sulli running late for her family meeting.

 

It was 13 minutes till your plane leaves. You needed to say your goodbyes to your mother and tell her that you will be alright living alone. You looked at her and she didn’t have a worried face as you would think. In fact she had a relieved face which confused you even more. You gave her a hug showing that you were nervous

“My child is growing up now. Leaving America and studying in Korea. I just hope you can cope with your dongseang in the meantime,” You got confused and pulled out of the hug. You looked at your mother with confusing eyes you were showing her.

“What dongseang?” You asked her.

“I’m sorry ~~~~ that I have never mentioned this but, you have an older brother,” your mother explained which shocked you. ‘When did this happen and why did Umma not tell me?’ you continuously questioned yourself thoughtfully.

“I wish I could tell you, but I thought that it was hard to have a brother in Korea and you in America. So I had to keep this a secret until the time was right,”

“Did you take idea from another drama again Umma?” She nodded which made me laugh.

“Well your plane is about to leave. I’d suggest you should hurry up, and your brother. He will be waiting for you at the airport when you get there,” Your mother smiled and gave you a quick hug.

Time flies and realised that you were on the plane and on your way to Korea.

 

----------Hours later after the plane trip----------

 

You were finally here. After 12 hours on the plane you’re finally in Korea. ‘Korea, a new country so have a new life?’ you thought. You still remembered what your mother said about your brother. Sadly you didn’t know what he looked like. Your mother didn’t explain to you about his visuals, personality not even name. You just hope he is a good oppa and won’t be like one of those bullies or gangsters.

You were at your arrival and saw a line of people waiting holding signs if needed. You tried to find someone with your name on it. Y

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter