Chapter Nine

Two Steps Forward, One Step Back

 

I wasn't planning on uploading this yet since I just finished writing it but what the heck...why not. Since I'm pretty sure I won't be able to write anything tomorrow...I've got two deadlines tomorrow and I just wanna cry~ I wanna go out!! Lol... anyway here's chapter 9!

Thank you so much to the people who have supported me and my story :) You guys make me so happy I swear~ I hope you all like this chapter! 

 


 

"Are you sure you don't want me to walk you inside?"

By the time that we came back to Seoul, it was already dark, near midnight already. Everyone inside my house was already asleep so I wasn't worrying too much about Jiho being at our gate.

Though I did tell him not to make too much noise or else we'd end up waking everyone out.

"It's ok Jiho-ah. Thanks for taking me home."

"Noona, let's have another date next time ok?"

"Sure! Goodnight Jiho-ah, be careful on the way home."

He just smiled at me before standing there attentively. I looked at him weirdly, confused as to why he isn't leaving yet when he started to playfully glare at me. That's when I got it.

Oh...

He wants a goodnight kiss.

I could only grin as I stepped closer towards him and kissed his cheek. He looked dumbfounded at first and was about to complain when I kissed him again, this time on the lips.

"Be quiet will you?"

Ha! That shut him up.

Jiho looked like he wanted kiss me again but I ducked and went inside as fast and as quiet as I could.

"Noona that's not fair~"

"Shut up. Now go home! I'll text you ok?"

He just grinned back at me as he watched me go inside. He always does this even though it's risky. Always waiting for me to get in before he leaves and always sneaking to my window either to leave random stuff or to actually see me.

I couldn't help but sigh as I watched him leave. My heart feels heavy even thoughI had so much fun with him and Hyoyeon earlier.

 

It's the first time I've been worried whether this was okay to continue this love compared to all my past relationships... it's the first time it felt so unfair to be old.

 


 

Two weeks later I received a phone call from Hyoyeon telling me that we were gonna have a little reunion. We as in me, Hyoyeon, Himchan and some of our close friends back in highschool.

"Chincha?"

"Ya! D'you think I'm lying? Anyway come ok? It'll be around 9 so don't be late!"

Yes, yes, yes I won't. I ended the call with an affirmative nod, not that she could actually see me and told her that I'd be there.

It's been a couple of weeks since I last saw Jiho. It's understandable really since he has uni and also his music to attend to and I don't mind at all though I do miss him (hence we text each other often instead). He always sends me those funny photos of him and his friends making faces at the camera and I swear I can't stop laughing every time I see them.

We never did manage to go on that date I promised him. Hmm...

I've been pretty busy myself these couple of weeks. After I got fired on the most epic day of my life and spent a few more days wallowing in my self-pity at Hyoyeon's place (since I was pretending to be at work) I decided to finally get back into gear and look for a job.

I did manage to find one though it wasn't as spectacular as I hoped it'd be. It was actually the same job that I lost but in a different company. The good news was that the company that I applied to was contacted by my previous boss so I had a good recommendation there. Thank goodness.

I've told Jiho about it over the phone (he already knows what happened) and wanted to celebrate but was still too busy with the recordings. I told him we could celebrate some other time so he should concentrate more on his work.

I guess I got my battery recharged when I saw Jiho huh? Maybe he's my good luck charm after all.

Anyway since things seem to be going good for me, maybe showing up at that reunion would be a good idea. Hyoyeon and the guys will be there plus I can brag the big news to Himchan as well! Well, not so big news but better than nothing news.

 


 

Thankfully I managed to arrive right on time at the bar even earlier than Himchan. Ha!

"Nanhee-ah!"

I waved happily at them as I sat next to Hyoyeon on the bar table. It was good seeing everyone again since we were always so busy. Jia was now sporting orange hair and Kibum, blond as always.  

"It's amazing to see you so early like this! We'd thought you'd be late for an hour or more."

Haha very funny. I know I'm not the most punctual of persons but at least I came in earlier than Himchan! I don't see that guy anywhere...

"Don't get too ahead of yourself. You're the last one to arrive hag."

Urgh...no way...

"Himchan arrived a couple of minutes before you Nanhee-ah~"

Thanks Key, way to burst my happy bubble.

"I was on the phone with a client. Thought you'd actually not be late for once huh?"

Wipe that smirk off your face pabo! Thankfully he didn't sit next to me or else I would have socked him or something. He sat next to Jia on the other side of the bar table and ordered something from the bartender completely ignoring my hard stares at him.

"Well actually, Nanhee's not the last one to arrive. We're still waiting for someone!"

Huh? Who?

I turned to Hyoyeon and raised an eyebrow at her and I could only see her shrugging her shoulders, she clearly doesn't have any idea. I glanced at Himchan and he looked just as confused. It seems only Jia and Key knew who was coming.

"Ah! He's here!"

Everyone (including me) turned our heads as Jia stood up to greet the supposedly 'he' guest.

OMG...

My breath got caught in my throat as I felt my eyes widen in surprise. I did not see this coming.

Neither did Himchan and Hyoyeon too based on their equal surprised look. Though Hyoyeon was more a mix of happy surprise and 'I can't believe I'm seeing this' surprise.

And I don't even know what Himchan's reaction was either.

All I'm seeing is him standing a few steps near the bar table, flashing us his signature smile as he waved happily at us.

Did he just look directly at me? Maybe my eyes were playing tricks...maybe cuz I was in his line of sight.........

"Nanhee-ah! It's good to see you again."

OMG again.

"Yongguk-ah.."

 


 

Did you see that coming? I bet you didn't! Or maybe you did....anyway Yongguk is finally introduced in the story! Hurray!! *throws confetti everywhere* he's like my number 1 bias (Zico is second) and I'm so happy to finally write him in!

What's his part in the story? Hyoyeon seemed pretty surprised to see him especially Nanhee! How are those two related to each other? So many questions~ And again the question is, what's Himchan's reaction? Since the three of them didn't know he was coming (only Jia and Key). 

Find out what happens next on the next chapter! Hope everyone likes this!! I won't probably be able to update in a while so let's hope for the best! :D 

Feel free to subscribe and leave your comments! I'd be forever grateful and happy for it!