Chapter Ten

Two Steps Forward, One Step Back

 

It's here! I told some of you that I probably won't be able to update but I can't stop myself from writing~ my feels are overflowing right now~!! Anyway, thank you again for all of your support I'm really happy and grateful for it! This is my gift to you guys!  Enjoy!

 


 

"Yongguk-ah..uh.."

I honestly wasn't expecting to see him here. It's been years since we've last seen each other..

Yongguk flashed his gummy smile again when he heard me pathetically say his name. This was so weird...I could practically feel everyone stare at the both of us. This is so awkward...

"Ya! Gukkie-ah! You come in here late and the first person you greet is Nanhee? Really now!"

Thankfully Key managed to diffuse the tension (well at least on my part) as he went over and patted Yongguk's back playfully hard. Everyone seemed to snap out of it and immediately went to greeting our long time friend.

"Well duh! Of course he'd greet Nanhee first! Right Nanhee??"

Oh no not you too Hyoyeon!

I sent Hyoyeon a glare before managing to let out an embarrassed laugh. Yongguk just laughed it off heartily before moving in to take a seat.

Please don't sit next to me..please don't sit next to me....

"Mind if I sit here?"

.

"Uh sure! Why not.."

Well this is awkward...at least by now everyone was seated and started to chat along, asking each other how things were going for them and whatnot. I quietly sipped my drink, giving a few replies here and there and trying to act as normal as possible.

But that was kinda hard since Yongguk was sitting next to me. His deep voice still the same as before and I tried my hardest not to react to it.

"How come you're back here in Korea Gukkie-ah? I thought you'd stick yourself forever in America."

"I guess I got homesick. It's way different there and besides, I received a job offer here that I liked so I decided to come back."

Ohhs and ahhs were heard as Yongguk explained his reason for coming back. I'd have to admit I was curious too as to why he's back after being gone for so long.

"Pfft...I bet you only came back for one thing!"

Everyone laughed as Yongguk hid his face with his hand, laughing off the comment though I swore I saw him turn red for a bit...maybe it's because of the lighting...

 


 

Himchan POV :

Tsk...what's with that giggling? Acting like a shy school girl again? I couldn't help but steal glances at Nanhee and Yongguk as the two conversed lightly. Well, it was more like Yongguk being his usual self, gums and all. And Nanhee just...acting all shy and demure.

Hag, you are anything but shy and demure.

What's with her?

So annoying.

It's a good thing they're so far away or else I'd have told off Nanhee to stop acting like that, geez woman don't you have a boyfriend? Whoever that person may be.

I could see Hyoyeon giving me the look and honestly I wanted to throw my glass at her. Stupid cousin. What's with the funny look?

Well, it looks like Nanhee's finally managed to salvage herself from her recent woes so I'll let her off the hook this time.

 


 

Nanhee (you) POV :

He really still hasn't changed. His gestures are still the same and so is his laughter which doesn't seem to stop since Key, Hyoyeon and Jia were ganging up on him throwing questions left and right. I turned to look at Himchan and saw him just smirk knowingly at me.

Stupid jerkface.

 


 

I don't know how long we were all talking and drinking but apparently it was pretty long since Jia excused herself that she needed to go home (she has work tomorrow)  and so we all decided to call it a night and meet up again some other time.

There was a small wrestling with the bar tab as Yongguk wanted to pay for everything causing Himchan to retaliate saying he doesn't have to and we can all just split it or something. I think it's just Himchan's manly ego being hit since he doesn't like being bested. It sounds stupid, I know.

It was all light-hearted of course and no hard feelings. Himchan and Yongguk were best friends back then though they did drift apart due to Yongguk leaving for America years ago.

Sure me and Himchan were best friends as well but him and Yongguk had that more...brotherly/manly thing going on I guess. I even teased them being gay before, saying I'm rooting for BangHim all the way. They both just gave me their most disgusted look and threatened me to never say it again.

"Let's meet up again ok?"

We bid each other goodbye as we started to go on our separate ways. Key was driving Jia home since they lived in the same neighbourhood.

"I'm just a call away~" Hyoyeon left as well but not before giving me the 'you better tell me what happened' look of hers.

"Bye Hyoyeonnie~" Of course I'd ignore that look. She just abandoned ship on me!

Now I'm stuck with Himchan and Yongguk (not the most pleasant combination as of the moment.)

"I'll drop you off Nanhee-ah."

My head snapped at Yongguk's direction, surprised by his sudden offer. I felt conflicted whether I should take his offer or not. Though I know I shouldn't since I already have a boyfriend regardless if anyone knew it.

"It's ok Yongguk-ah, thanks for the offer though."

Yongguk looked a bit crest-fallen before shrugging his shoulders.

"No, I insist. Plus it's late, I don't want you going home alone. It isn't safe."

I felt myself blush lightly at his words. Still the same Yongguk as ever, ever the gentleman. I seemed to have spaced out when Himchan coughed loud enough to snap me out of my trance.

"It's ok, she can handle herself. Plus you must be tired from all the travelling right? Get some rest Yongguk-ah."

Himchan patted Yongguk's shoulder which caused Yongguk to crease his eyebrows a bit before nodding in agreement.

"I take it you'll drop her off then Channie-ah?"

Himchan only grunted in reply before grinning at Yongguk. "Of course, of course."

I don't know if I should say something since the two were obviously making decisions on my behalf (which I don't like) but opted to keep quiet.

"I'll see you next time Nanhee-ah, take care alright?"

I could only smile as I watched Yongguk turn to his car and get in. He looked at us at first, more to me than Himchan before shaking his head and driving off. I could feel Himchan staring holes into my back as I watched Yongguk's car leave.

He didn't say anything as he turned away as well to his car.

"Come on let's go already."

"Uh...yeah."

 


 

"Nothing's changed huh..." Yongguk sighed as he drove around the streets heading to his apartment. 7 years of not seeing her and still everything's the same...at least with the way Himchan acted.

 


 

Boom! :D How are things so far? Did you like this chapter? Did you guys like the last chapter? :D I know I did! :D Haha...

Don't be a silent reader! Subscribe and comment! :D I love hearing from you guys! Thank you again and see you guys in chapter 11!! 

I wonder what will happen next? Omo~ what does Yongguk mean by nothing's changed?? Why is Nanhee feeling all conflicted? Find out on the next chapter! mwah!