Chapter Fifteen

Two Steps Forward, One Step Back

Another Update for you guys!

 


 

Nanhee POV : 

"Here Ahjussi"

 

I placed the small rice cake lure on the hook and placed it on his hand to examine. He looked quite pleased and asked me where did I pick up such a neat trick. Using rice cake instead of shrimps as bait. I told him that I started doing this when I was just 6 and learned that if I wanted to catch bigger fishes then rice cake seemed the better option compared to shrimps.

 

"Oh really? Now can I cast it in?"

 

"Ah sure! But don't cast it too far."

 

I watched him cast carefully and told him to not use his rice cake instead I'll just give him my share. He looked really thankful and that made me smile. I looked around my surroundings, admiring the place on how peaceful everything seems to be here. Kinda feels like forever since I visited this place.

 

Maybe I was too busy with preparing my own lure that I didn't notice somebody sit next to me. My mind was too preoccupied with piercing the rice cake onto the hook to notice.

 

"I can't believe you made me go all the way to Gangwon Province."

 

I know that annoying voice! I craned my neck to the side and lo and behold it's Himchan sitting next to me looking as annoying as ever.

 

"What?"

 

I gave him my most annoyed "what the hell are you doing here? leave me alone" look as I rolled my eyes when I saw him glare at my nonchalant reaction.

 

"At least tell me before hand if you're planning on disappearing so I'd know where to pick up your dead body when people start asking where you ran off to."

 

I just shrugged off my shoulders and stared at him from top to bottom. From his annoying face to his equally annoying body posture. I wanted to avoid the question obviously.

 

"Do you have ramyun?" I asked and he just rolled his eyes at me while scoffing.

 

"Of course." ah thank the gods for Himchan bringing ramyun. I started laughing at my own thoughts as I watched Himchan eagerly take out and prepare the ramyun from his bag.

 


 

"Vacation?"

 

"Yeah. I'll probably be gone for six months for that and organize things that need to be organized and I was going to think on how to live healthy in my 30's."

 

I listened to him blabber on about his vacation plans and sour thoughts coursed through my head. Nice, he gets to have a vacation..while I'm having the time of my life here jobless and penniless.

 

I kept on shoving the noodles into my mouth as he continued to talk and I tried to drone out his words when he suddenly flicked my forehead out of annoyance. He must have noticed I wasn't paying any attention to him again.

 

"Ya! Are you listening to me?"

 

I just nodded my head saying yes when clearly my mind was going elsewhere. To the glorious hot ramyun in front of me and my sad, sad life.

 

"That's so cool, dog poop."

 

He cringed his nose a bit from the nickname but made no comment on it. Instead asking me what went on in my head for four days (yes, I was actually gone for four days). I looked at him steadily, chopsticks in my hand and my mouth full of noodles before chewing hastily and swallowing it.

 

"You asked me before, if I was ok with living this way.. If Yongguk and I hadn't broken up before, don't you think I would have been very different right now?"

 

Himchan looked up at me from his bowl, his right eyebrow raised and watched as I mused upon the past while twirling my chopsticks around.

 

"Ya! I don't mean it like that! Do you really think everyone in this world is like you?"

 

"Of course not. Nobody can level to my greatness."

 

It was my turn to look at him in disbelief before flicking a noodle to his face.

 

"This is why Yejin left you, you narcissistic nitwit! What I meant was you hanging on to your first love so dearly!"

 

He removed the noodle from his face and threw it aside before glaring at me. He looked a bit more annoyed with what I said compared to me flicking food at his face.

 

"What then?"

 

I swallowed again another batch of chewed up noodles and looked at the lake beside us wistfully. So pretty...

 

"I just looked back on the path that I didn't take."

 

"After imagining that path, are you regretting that you never took it?"

 

I should my head and sighed before turning to him, shoving another round of noodles in my mouth. I unfortunately spoke too soon so I ended up spraying Himchan some chewed up noodles from my mouth (I know, sounds so gross). He whined and hastily removed the offending pieces from his face while grimacing at my bad manners. I wiped some of the noodles he managed to miss with my hand.

 

"Being in this state in front of Yongguk was painstakingly embarrassing, but I thought whichever path I had taken...I think I still would be in this spot."

 

"Your ability to understand things is becoming stronger hag."

 

"So I made a decision after thinking about it so much."

 


 

Wonder what Nanhee's talking about hmmm....how will this so called "decision" affect their lives? Find out in the next chapter~ :D

Feel free to comment and leave your messages! I wanna know what you guys think!