Chapter Fourteen

Two Steps Forward, One Step Back

Finally! After such a long long time I've updated! Hope you guys like this new chapter! Enjoy!!

 


 

 "Aish! Stop staring at me!" I rubbed my neck nervously as Himchan continued to stare at me with that stupid grin of his plastered ever so annoyingly.   

 

"I doubt it."

 

"I uh...just have to erase the doodles right?"

 

I tried to divert the issue as I fanned myself, feeling all hot and bothered but completely not in any erted way. Just bothered and annoyed more like it. He just scoffed at me before placing his arm around my shoulder and leaned in on me.

 

"How dare you lecture me. Miss Choi, let's think about it. Can you live your life like this?" somebody shut him up...urgh...I took his arm off me and pushed him away, this time my annoyance was manifesting into something physical. I just glared at him before storming off.

 


 

Himchan POV :

"She declined?" Lee sunbaenim asked as we discussed on how we were going to handle the situation now that Yejin had declined the project offer. I told him that they had no plans to release her album in Asia and that they didn't want to use it as a TV ad.

 

"Oh well, that's unfortunate to hear."

 

I could only apologize as we talked about it with Lee sunbaenim saying that there was no need for apologies and that he'll just go think up of something else.

 

"Uh sunbaenim, Youngjin's the one handling the project from now on."

 

Lee sunbaenim looked at me weirdly for a second before realizing my words and agreeing. "Ah right, you're going on a vacation right? Well enjoy yourself Himchan-shi."

 

"Neh, thank you sunbaenim."

 


 

I was getting ready to leave the office, busy gathering my stuff when my phone rang. I wasn't expecting who was on the other line though.

 

"Oh auntie, hi! What's up?"

 

It was Nanhee's mother on the phone. She called to ask me if I had seen Nanhee since she hasn't been home for two days now. She was getting a bit worried where her daughter had run off to without even leaving any message. I told her not to worry and that Nanhee must have a lot of stuff going through her head right now (which was true I guess) and that I'll go look for her.

 

I was about to text Hyoyeon to ask if she'd seen Nanhee when I remembered something. Yup, she's definitely there! Or at least I hoped so.

 

"Hey dad, is Nanhee there at Gangwon with you? Her mom called."

 

Yup, definitely there. "Come on, no need to hide her ok? I'm not gonna tell auntie anyway but I'll probably go pick her up from there. Neh, neh, don't tell her I'm coming ok? She might run."

 

I was still talking to dad about Nanhee when the elevator doors opened up and I swear I nearly shrieked over the phone when I saw who was in front of me. Nanhee's kid boyfriend.

 

"Ya! Where's Nanhee? Do you know where she is? You're hiding her aren't you? Why aren't you saying anything? I can't contact her! Where is she?!"

 

And of course here comes the rapid fire of questions. I only rolled my eyes at him before ending the call with dad. The punk looked a bit worse for wear as he kept blocking my path, trying to get my attention since I was clearly ignoring his existence.

 

"How the hell did you know where I was working?"

 

Seriously, him popping here at my workplace is freaking me out. Did that hag tell him I worked here?

 

"I got connections. Anyway, you haven't answered any of my questions!"

 

Again, cue eye-roll. I pushed past him as I walked towards the direction of my car. We were in the basement parking lot of the building. There was no way in hell I was going to tell him where Nanhee was nor was I ever going to answer any of this questions. Go figure.

 

He must have figured out that I wasn't going to tell him anything when he suddenly stopped me and grabbed me by the shirt. By my nice, new and extremely expensive $300 polo shirt.   

 

"Listen here old man! I'm being really nice right now since you're Nanhee's friend but don't push me ok? Just tell me where she is and I'll be off your back."

 

First, he attacks me with stupid questions I damn as hell won't answer.

 

Second, he has the nerve to disrespect me AGAIN.

 

Third, he's ruining my ing shirt.

 

God I want to punch this kid so hard. Maybe Nanhee won't notice a teeth or two missing if I strategically hit him in the right area. Though the hag would probably swear me off to the ends of the earth if I did and I probably won't hear the end of it either.

 

If I was superman right now, this kid would probably be ash in front of me.

 

" off kid. I ain't got no time for you just because you're Nanhee's boytoy."

 

My voice rumbling deep without any hint of amusement or humour. Seriously, I'm pissed off. The kid seemed to finally get it as he shoves me off though not as strong as before. I'm not the type of person who tolerates disrespect.

 

"You best be thankful that Nanhee likes you. Disrespect me again and I swear I'll forget hag was my friend and break your face. You got that punk?"

 

Damn kid just glared back at me before finally nodding albeit reluctantly. Whatever. As if I care if he listens or not.

 

I grabbed my bag from the floor and proceeded to head straight towards my car without a damn about the punk following me. I was about to get in my car when his hand shot out to stop me. Not again..

 

"Come on hyung, just tell me? I'm worried about her."

 

I tried to zone out his pleas but the word hyung surprised me. Wow, didn't know he actually knew the word.

 

"Just because you called me hyung doesn't mean I'm going to tell you where she is. Especially with that attitude of yours." I tried to pry his hand off my car door when he yanked my hand up startling me.

 

"Why the hell won't you tell me?"

 

"Why the hell should I tell you?"

 

Ok, I know I'm starting to sound really stubborn right now but I'm not exactly feeling the happy camper vibe here. I pulled my hand back as quickly as I could and shut the door before he could retaliate and locked it. He looked equally pissed off as I was but honestly I couldn't care less.

 

I was more concerned with getting the hell out of there.

 

So I left.

 

With him screaming in the background for me to get the hell back and other colourful words I'd rather drone out than give a damn to.

I've got no time for his I need to head to Gangwon now. He's already wasted too much of my precious time as it is. 

 


 

How was it? I feel as though I've made Himchan look so mean here~ I wanted to show you guys how Himchan is in this story when being confronted with things or people he finds extremely annoying. In this case, that's Zico in this chapter XD hope you guys aren't mad at me for this :D

I also did some changes on how I formatted the chapter for easier reading though it made the chapter look slightly longer...the previous chapters looked too compact so I changed it a little. Anyway, feel free to leave comments! I'd love to hear from you guys on what you think about this new chapter!