Chapter Four

Two Steps Forward, One Step Back

Himchan POV:

 


 

Date?

And then I realized it…it was today! The promise date we made 10 years ago! Nanhee was grinning like an idiot as she cautiously took a few baby steps towards me.

“What are you smiling at?” Wait...was I smiling? I didn’t even notice.

“You’re one to talk!” I immediately grabbed her head in a playful headlock and began to rub my fist on her head as she squirmed to get away from me.

Of course I remember, we made a promise to call each other and meet up at Nam Sang tower to spend the last day of our 20s. In your case, NOW.

I finally let go of Nanhee as both of us headed to Nam Sang Tower, intoxicated but still stable enough to walk without hitting anything on the way.

 

 

The moment we reached the top of Nam Sang, I wanted to throw Nanhee out of the window. Apparently she thought it was amusing to cling on to me from the elevator ride all the way to the top with countless of couples staring at us weirdly. I tried to pry her off of me but she held on pretty good.

“Get off of me!”

“No way!” Ok, for a girl her size she sure can grip hard. She’s even hugging me to death now! I can’t breathe woman let go!

“You said let’s get married if we hit 30 and both still single!”

Did I say that?

“Hey that… I didn’t know things would actually work out that way! Plus don’t you have a boyfriend already?”

“Come on! Since it’s already like this might as well go through with it!”

Oh my god is this woman for real? “Ya! This isn’t a good idea!” with every bit of strength I had left I managed to pry her off of me. Both of us huffing out of frustration with couples watching our every move.

“Why not? It’s a good idea!”

“How could this be good? I don’t like you that way!” I wanted to pull my hair out, this woman was driving me nuts! Nanhee just scoffed at me before getting to grab me into a hug again thankfully this time I managed to stay clear of her path.

I was already on guard if in case she tries something funny again when I noticed something.

“Nanhee?”

Nanhee suddenly stopped and looked outside, her actions now a vast contrast as to how she was earlier. That was when I saw it. Nanhee was crying.

 

“I haven’t done anything and I’ve already turned 30…I’m scared…”

 

For all the years I’ve known her, Nanhee wasn’t the type to cry over things easily. Stubborn and childish as she may sometimes be, she was never a cry-baby. So seeing her like this…

 

“Nanhee-ah.. Why didn’t you tell me earlier? You needed a friend, not a man right now.”  

 

She just barely glanced at me before resuming to stare into nothingness. I knew she was hurting since nothing really did seem to go right for her and I understand her. I mean, I’ve known her all through my entire life and seeing her like this…

I walked up to her as quiet as I could before placing my arms around her in order to hug her. I felt her stiffen first in my arms before gradually relaxing. I held onto her for who knows how long but who cares? She needs this more than anything and even if my arms or body were to protest out of fatigue, I’d still hug her for as long as she needs it. 

 


 

Finally updated! I'm sorry if this chapter is a bit short, I wanted to concentrate more on showing how Himchan and Nanhee are and what Nanhee was currently suffering on. The feeling of having accomplished nothing is indeed scary.

 

So...what do you guys think? I hope you guys liked this chapter! Will update soon!