Chapter Thirteen

Two Steps Forward, One Step Back

 

Finally updated! Haha lol...it hasn't been that long but my fingers were itching to write and update so here it is! It's a little bit long I hope that's ok with you guys. Anyway again, thank you so much for those who have supported me and are supporting me. I love you all so much! You guys always make me excited! Enjoy this new chapter!

 


 

I want the ground to open up and swallow me whole urgh...why do these things keep on happening to me? Am I cursed or something?

Stupid Himchan with the annoying leer of his. How I want to tear off that mouth off his face. Thankfully we managed to leave the police station in one piece along with Jiho who seemed adamant on not leaving me alone with Himchan.

I've never seen Jiho act like this before...so...I don't even know what words to describe how he was acting but one thing's for sure, it's causing me a headache.

"Jiho-ah, please sit down, don't be like this." I pleaded to Jiho as I tried to make him sit down and calm himself. He was busy glaring at Himchan and looking as if he was sizing him up. Urgh...men.

"Come on, he's my friend. Don't be mad."

Thankfully he took his seat the same way he sat at the police station, all smug like and without a care. Where has my adorable Jiho gone off to? Both men were trying to size each other up and act all macho. Please, with the way the two of you were acting I'd say you're far from being men. And Himchan! You're not helping the situation either!

Himchan just raised a delicate eyebrow at me asking me if I was nuts. I wanted to tear his hair off!

"I'm about to go crazy."

I turned towards Jiho to tend to his wounds at least by now that he had my attention his features softened and I could see my Jiho back in place. Though that didn't last long though as his face scrunched up in annoyance again upon noticing my cardigan. What? I'm already wearing it!

"Anyway, why were you wearing my girl's clothes?" Damn it, again with the rude tone at Himchan.

I tried to ignore his question and concentrated more on fixing him up. His blond hair was in a slight disarray and he had cuts on his face.

"Omo, why are you getting into fights? What happened?"

I was genuinely worried for him. I know he gets into fights but it's the first time I've actually seen his freshly bruised face. Normally when I find out that he was in a fight, it'd be days after and by then he was slowly recovering already. It wasn't easy for me but I learned to respect his privacy since he didn't seem like he wanted to discuss it.

He gave me a small smile which melted my heart. Oh the powers of young blood~

We were already starting to drift off into our own little word when Himchan cleared his throat to get our attention. Apparently, we were starting to ignore his presence.

"This is hilarious!"

And of course Jiho had to snap back with equal annoyance. I decided to smack Jiho's arm and reminded him not to drop the honorific's when talking to Himchan.

"He's 8 years older than you. Show some respect Jiho-ah"

Obviously, Himchan didn't care about how annoyed Jiho was and continued to bait him. He sneered at Jiho before taking his aim at me.

"Oh? And what about you? You're 8 years older than him too." and the way he said it made me want to reach out and wring his neck to shut up. I leaned over and tried to look as menacingly as I could (though I know I barely looked the part) and told him to just shut up about it.

"I didn't tell you about this cause it's embarrassing. Can't you be more understanding?" this I mean the issue. Himchan knows I have a boyfriend though he doesn't know who he is and how old he is. Well, now he knows and he obviously won't shut up about it.

And because of what I said Jiho took it in the wrong way and asked me what was so embarrassing? Being with him? He even dared ask me if I was regretting it or if our love was so wrong. Why'd he go dramatic on me?

I gave Jiho one of my most exasperated sighs and told him to shut up and ignore Himchan since the guy was clearly trying to piss him off more. Regardless if his question was true to a certain point, let's not dive into that right now.

And of course Himchan choked on his beer when he heard Jiho's words. I could only drop my head in defeat knowing that this'll never end. At least between these two.

"Ya! How old are you?"

Oh no not again...Jiho just shut up for once please?

"Don't be so disrespectful Jiho-ah, I've never seen you like this."

"What? You want me to call him hyung or something? No way!" I literally wanted to bash my head. Somebody shoot me...

"Noona, stay out of this. Let the guys do the talking." I rolled my eyes at this and just flung my head back into utter defeat. I'm tired, they're draining my energy. And to think I once thought of Jiho as a battery charger.

"Are you the same age as Noona?"

Himchan rolled his eyes as well before raising an eyebrow boredly at Jiho, clearly disliking the younger man's insistence on being rude. Himchan was, after all big on respect so him being treated like this with someone younger was a big bash to his ego. He wanted to kick Jiho in the face I'm sure, but he knows better than to do that. At least with me around.

Himchan gave Jiho his most haughtiest yes ever which just sent Jiho into a barrage of questions. Just so you know, I have never told Jiho about Himchan. I've told him about Hyoyeon but never about Himchan. Why? Because I knew this would happen! Jiho is nice and sweet and all but he's a bit...possessive. I don't know if that's just the testosterone talking.

"Since when were you two friends?"

"Friends?" Urgh Himchan shut up...

"This kid is driving me nuts!" Himchan had the balls to laugh off Jiho's question. I really wanted to just go grab the beer jug in front of me and slam it on Himchan's face before storm off to who knows where just to get away from the two.

"Ya! Why do you keep on staring at her? Tell me since when were you friends?"

While all this was going on my head was efficiently bobbing on the back of my chair. I'll leave you two hot-bloods at it...

"Do I have to answer to him?"

My head lolled back into place and turned towards Jiho to again try to talk some sense into him. "We've been friends for 30 years Jiho-ah. Our parents know each other and we go way back." I tried to sound as optimistic as possible, maybe this'll help the situation and make Jiho realize that there's nothing to apparently fret about.

And of course Himchan had to open his mouth and ruin everything.

"That means we've been friends even before you were born. Probably even before your parents even met." And of course his choice of words were never the ones you needed in situations like this. Jiho only bristled some more, looking quite insulted demanding Himchan what he meant by that.

"Are you saying you're closer to her than me? Is that it?"

Oh please somebody stop them...

"Jiho-ah, come on enough already~" I gave Himchan my most nastiest glare ever, daring him to open his mouth again when idiocy struck my boyfriend.

He actually reached out to my face and kissed me hard on the lips.

He kissed me.

In front of Kim ing Himchan.

The most annoying loser I have ever met.

Oh god no I will never hear the end of this.

I just closed my eyes in utter defeat and let Jiho do what he wants. Marking his territory like any other red-blooded man will do. Why oh why is this happening to me? The maturity that I prized so much as one of Jiho's best assets clearly flew out of the window from the moment he stepped inside that police station. Why did I decide to drink today? Everything would have been avoided if I had just stayed put at home.

Damn Yongguk for suddenly appearing.

Damn Yejin for having her face plastered everywhere.

Damn Himchan for acting such a .

Damn Jiho for actually acting his age at the worst timing ever. Scratch that, acting like a highschool kid.

And damn me for my bad luck in everything.

I could hear Himchan laugh his head off at what was happening as spectators applauded like it was some sort of scene to be celebrated at and the cat calls weren't helping either.

 Himchan was laughing so hard that he was already gasping for breath as Jiho finally let me go, looking completely satisfied. If I wasn't mortified with what was happening I would have gladly stated how much I liked that and wanted to go at it again. But I'm not.

After Himchan finally managed to somewhat calm down from all that laughing that he did, he asked how long has it been since we started dating and I answered a year in which Jiho proudly stated 395 days. Urgh...my head.

The ulzzang pabo just blinked his eyes before going on another fit of giggles at this new information.

"S-so you mean to tell me that you guys got together when he was 21?"

Jiho nods.

"Sophomore college?"

Again Jiho nods.

I knew what was going to happen next, more importantly, what Himchan was going to say next. I opted to close my eyes and drown everything away.

"Agassi, you're quite the cougar!"

I should have just stayed home damn it!

 


 

Agassi = miss in Korean.

When a person says to a woman that she is a cougar, it means that the woman favors younger men for romantic relationship purposes. When I say younger I mean with a huge of at least 10 years, in Nanhee's case, it's 8 years that's why Himchan told her she was a cougar. Cougars are different from pedos since Cougar women are normally aged between as young as 35 onwards.

Anyway, another chapter done! I hope you guys like it! Poor Nanhee, it just isn't her day at all! And to think she was planning on celebrating her new job a couple of chapters ago :P

Please subscribe and comment! I'd love to hear more from you guys!