Case 2: The Wheels on the Bus...

Unknown Subject

 

Short Chapter today, I know. Don't worry though, the finale is coming up tomorrow and then Case 2: The Wheels on the Bus... can be marked "solved"! Stay tuned :)



 

“You go first.” Jonghyun says, shock registering in his voice when he realizes he came to the same conclusion as the rest of their team.

“Taemin, Yoona and I were going through the families of the suspects and we realized there was something off about Lee Woojung’s wife.” Minho reports.

“She’d been recently diagnosed with cancer and reacted violently, she wouldn’t let anyone do any tests on her.” Taemin says.

“They put her in a drug induced coma for about two hours while they finished running the tests. When she woke up, she was perfectly normal and didn’t react violently again.” Yoona says.

“There’s your stressor, the diagnostic.” Jonghyun says.

“A few weeks later she started visiting these websites about harvesting souls and she purchased about 500 small glass bottles using her husband’s credit card.” Taemin says.

“Her husband reported that their car was broken down three times, but each time they went to go pick it up, it wasn’t there anymore. Apparently every single time, the car miraculously started working again.” Minho says.

“In the last month or so, doctors told her that her cancer has spread to the rest of her body, they’ve given her about two weeks left to live.” Yoona says.

“That would explain the intensity in the murders.” Key says.

“If the unsub is a girl, a few things would match up. We went to interview the bus driver, the last person to see the unsub and he told us that the person behind the wheel wasn’t a he, but was a she.” Onew says.

“But how did she fake the weight and why would she go to such lengths to frame her husband?” Key asks.

“That wouldn’t be hard, considering she was already carrying a heavy machine. She could’ve been carrying a few weights on top of that to make up for the difference.” Minho says.

“Apparently her husband doesn’t want to attend mass everyday with her anymore. He wants to go once a week for the big Sunday services; she might’ve taken this as a sign that he was going over to the dark side.” Taemin suggests.

 “If the unsub really is Woojung’s wife, I think I know where we might be able to find her.” Jonghyun says.

“Okay, so, Yoona, you take your team and block off the exits, don’t let any cars through.” Minho says going over the takedown procedure.

“NIS officials aren’t going to arrive in time, I’ll go on point with you.” Yoona says, setting her chin determinedly. Jonghyun and Key exchange a look and Minho holds up his hands in defeat.

“Fine.” He says and continues going over the rest of the procedure.

“Are we clear?” He asks and everyone nods. Minho throws Yoona one of the new handguns they had been given as a trial.

“Where’d you get this?” Yoona asks, impressed.

“It’s a trial.” Minho replies and Yoona laughs in amazement.

“Remind me to get transferred into the NIS.” She says shaking her head and getting into her cruiser, taking the wheel. Minho and the rest of the team get into their respective SUVs.

“Do we have lights on the scene? Chopper?” Minho asks, through his in ear.

“Yes, we have visuals on the suspect, it looks like she’s still on scene.” The chopper responds.

“Showtime.” Minho says as they pull in front of the bus. “All units be advised, she may be armed.” Minho says and he gets out of his car.

“Hey! Freeze right there!” He yells gruffly to the woman who is about to turn on a machine.

“NIS!” Onew yells from his right flank and Jonghyun comes up to take his left.

“I need you to step away from the machine.” Minho yells at her and she moves over the side slightly before lunging and turning the machine on.

Minho watches Key run over to the machine to turn it off and the woman looks up, she holds up something that glints in the light of the helicopter.

“She has a weapon!” Minho yells before running towards Key, trying to warn him. Yoona beats him there and tries to disarm the woman.

“Key, get the machine off!” Minho says, watching as the people in the bus start to nauseate.

“It’s off!” Key says and he rips the tape off the door, mask on, ready to help the victims.

“We’re going to need EMS here!” Jonghyun yells, putting his own mask on, running into the bus to carry victims out into the fresh air. Minho turns his eyes back to Yoona’s fight with the unsub and he sees Yoona put the unsub into cuffs.

“I got her.” Yoona says and Minho walks over. He sees Yoona scrunch up her face in pain and looks down to see her leg bleeding badly.

“Yoona! Your leg.” Minho says in a concerned tone as Onew comes over to put the unsub into a cruiser.

“I’m fine, it’s just a little cut.” She says before fainting into Minho’s arms.

“Someone get me a doctor!” Minho yells as he rips off a section of his shirt as a makeshift tourniquet for Yoona’s wound. He applies as much pressure as he can to stop the bleeding but there’s just so much blood. He can barely hear the sirens of the cruisers above his own blood rushing in his ears.

“Come on Yoona, breathe. Stay with me, damn it.” He mutters to himself as he applies more gauze from the huge box one of the officers brought him.

“EMS!” He hears someone call vaguely afterwards. He doesn’t know how long afterwards, all he feels is himself being dragged up roughly as he watches Yoona get loaded into an ambulance and driven away.