Rivalry

10 Days

Chapter Seven- Rivalry

 

            Krystal randomly sat down somewhere at the dinner table seats and her arms brushed the two arms on her right and left side. She turned her head to the left… Kai. She turned her head to the right… Jonghyun. Well this is an awkward situation…

 

            Krystal cleared . This is going to be a long long dinner she thought while sighing. Everyone ordered everything and they started to wait for the food. Baekhyun and Tiffany were talking and left the tense trio in silence. All three of them stared at the air waiting for something to happen… or was it just Krystal because she was the only one who was worrying and panicking inside. Kai didn’t know about Jonghyun’s feelings yet but he was for sure to find out tonight.

 

            Thankfully the food arrived so they had an excuse not to talk but it became more weird when Kai told her to open so they could feed each other mimicking what Baekhyun and Tiffany always seem to be doing. Krystal felt awkward about this but ignored it since he seemed to casually ask like they have done it before (which they did). They fed each other like last time leaving the alone Jonghyun shift in his seat uncomfortably.

 

            Munching on his food slowly, Jonghyun was cringing inside to see Kai and Krystal feed each other as if they were a couple. Then he reminded himself that they were a couple because they were “matched.” Thinking about this just angered him more and more. Finally the two pairs of love birds and sad Jonghyun finished their food and walked outside. Gathering his courage, Jonghyun lightly pushed Kai out of the way so he was next to Krystal and put an arm around her. She flinched a little at his sudden movement and Kai was internally swearing at himself for letting Jonghyun push him back. He was forced to watch Jonghyun putting his arm around Krystal’s shoulder while they talked.

 

            When there was enough space Kai casually walked on the other side of Krystal and stood dangerously close to her. Unsure of what to do Krystal sped ahead of both of them as fast as she could so she wouldn’t be in between them. Her fast actions left a puzzled Jonghyun and Kai standing next to each other with a tense atmosphere in between both of them.

 

            Tiffany and Krystal finally arrived at their cabin and Baekhyun was already in his leaving Jonghyun and Kai by themselves. They kept a distance in between them while walking silently. Jonghyun appreciated the silence today because he knew what his actions were today must have made Kai pretty mad. The trip back to their cabin took frighteningly long.

 

            Suddenly Jonghyun filled up the distance between the brothers and said something that blew Kai out of the water.

“So do you like Krystal?”

Kai thought about what just flew out of his brother’s mouth for a second. “Yea, she’s matched to me. How could I not like her?”

 

            Another wall of silence and tension built between them once more, but Kai began to talk again.

“Do you like Krystal? Judging by your actions today, you seem to like her. And wait you weren’t matched to her!” Kai challenged as he shot a death glare at Jonghyun.

 

            Jonghyun’s palms began to sweat as his eyes grew wide. Maybe he shouldn’t have asked Kai that question in the first place.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Sorry if its a short chapter ^^ This sotry is about to get intense. PLease comment it really encourages me to write ;D