Lovers Meet

10 Days

Chapter Two- Lovers Meet

 

            A day after all the passengers of European Romance settled in, the gigantic and fancy cruise ship began to move. The ship was called European Romance for a reason, it is supposed to be the most magical ship in the world because legend says whoever you meet on the ship, you will love them forever. Especially when you meet them on the ship’s most famous event held on the first day after the ship moves. The event is called “Lovers Meet” where passengers who are looking for love or just trying for fun can meet new people based on interests, age, and personality. Many past passengers have said that the event works and it is true that you love the person you meet forever. Of course there are many people who doubt or not believe in this, like the two people who will meet and fall in love tonight.

 

            Splash! The cold icy water drenched Krystal’s face as she began to shiver while her teeth chattered. She opened one tired and lazy eye encircled with shades of dark and eye bags. “Yah! Who the hell dares interrupt my sleep?!?” Krystal yells still half awake as she forced herself out of bed. “Kryssie!! You can’t miss this important event! It’s one in a life time!!!” Tiffany screeched into Krystal’s ear as she dragged her into the bathroom to brush her teeth. “You have to look pretty and smell better and and get rid of that disgusting smelly breath of yours!!” Tiffany ordered as she forced Krystal to rinse and brush her hair. “ah ok the Lovers Meet event? That’s stupid you know its fake!” Krystal argued as she rinsed the toothpaste out of her teeth. “No it’s not! Everyone says it’s real! And try it for fun you never know who you might meet!” Tiffany teased as she punched her arm lightly and walked away. I really can’t believe she thinks this Lovers Meet thing is real! I really doubt this nonsense… Magic is fake anyways. Krystal thought as she brushed the light brown tangles out of her hair.

 

            After two hours the two of them headed down to the event confidently wearing a striking outfit and natural but yet attention grabbing makeup. Krystal wore a tight mid thigh length silver and blue sequin dress that had one strap up her right shoulder, matched with a silver necklace. Next to her stood Tiffany in a red tight lacy dress that had a wide neckline but was long sleeve. Krystal slowed down her pace because she didn’t feel like she belonged in a match making place like this but Tiffany pulled her along into the crowd of a diverse group of people waiting to be matched. After some twenty minutes, the line shortened and finally reached them. “Be sure to answer all questions on the form or else you won’t be matched!” the employee who passed them an application said in an annoyed tone because she has been saying that for hours.

 

            She finished her application scanned through to make sure everything was right. Name: Krystal Jung, : Female, Age: 16, ual Orientation: Straight, Likes and Dislikes: I like to party, have fun, eat, and sing. I hate guys who are full of themselves especially in talents and looks. How You View Yourself About Your Appearance: Average, not ugly, not the prettiest, pretty sometimes. Favorite Sport or Art: Singing, dancing, and drawing. Prefer Younger or Older Partners? Doesn’t matter.  Ideal Type: Funny, smart, cute, good looking, and playful. She finished scanning and let Tiffany read it.

 

            Sitting only a couple seats behind them was Kai, Jonghyun, and Baekhyun. Kai looked a bit nervous at his application as he read it again. Name: Kim Jongin (Kai), : Male Age: 16, ual Orientation: Straight, Likes and Dislikes: I like pretty girls that like to be teased. I dislike girls who play with people’s heart and or cheats on you, How You View Yourself About Your Appearance: y, good looking, best looking person on this planet. Favorite Sport or Art: Dancing is my talent. Prefer Younger or Older Partners: Preferably younger. Kai smacked himself in the head. Why are you so nervous? It’s not like this true love thing was real anyways. But deep down inside Kai believed that it might work and he might love that person forever.

 

            “Hello??? Wake up! Kai?” Baekhyun said as he waved his hands in his face. “What were you thinking of so deeply?” Jonghyun added when Kai finally went back to reality. “Uhhh nothing really…” Kai stuttered as he cleared his throat. “Hmm maybe he was changing his mind about how he didn’t believe the true love thing was real!” Baekhyun teased, reading Kai’s mind. “What? Noooo… Who would believe in such stupid sayings anyways?” He said reminding himself to turn his application in. The trio walked over to the line waiting another half an hour and turned in their application. “Just to let you know everybody, your matches will be determined by 6:00 PM today. Kai glanced at the time on his phone. It was 4:30 PM which meant in less then an hour he would find out his true love. Wait. I mean match not true love because the stupid saying isn’t true… he thought trying to lie to himself. “By the way Baekhyun, I saw you put you love pretty noonas on your application!” Jonghyun teased lightly as Baekhyun’s face flushed into a light pink color. “No I didn’t! At least I actually applied and didn’t chicken out like you did!” Baekhyun denied while making fun of Jonghyun. Kai couldn’t pay attention to their teasing game, usually he would join in but today he felt like he was confused about the application. He felt nervous and maybe he finally admitted to himself that maybe he believed in the saying. Maybe, just a little.

 

            Tiffany and Krystal have been waiting for over an hour now with sweaty hands and excited glances on their faces. Who could it be that they were going to be matched to? Maybe they should eat dinner with their matches later tonight. Tiffany thought with excitement as he stomach did some nervous flips. “Kryssie, do you think we should go on a dinner date with our matches tonight?” Tiffany asked breaking the hour long silence in between them. “Huh? Oh uh I don’t know your choice! Maybe it would be fun to get to know them but I doubt I will like them anyways.” Krystal responded she woke up from her thoughts about the true love saying. “mm ok but why don’t you believe that you will like the match?” Tiffany questioned suspiciously knowing Krystal kind of believed in the saying. “Oh well… umm… because it’s not true I guess?” Krystal unconfidently replied again as Tiffany glanced at the time on her phone. “Well dinner date it is! And it’s time for the announcements of our matches!”

 

            “Hello passengers! Your matches have been determined and once you walk to the table you will give them their name and a sticker with a number will be placed on you. Don’t lose the sticker because your match has the same number as you.” The employee explained as she motioned the gigantic group of people to the tables. Another 30 minutes of line waiting past and now they got their stickers. Krystal had a number 21 and Tiffany had a number 32. Both of them exchanged nervous and excited glances while they searched the crowd of people for someone to have the same number. Krystal passed by 50 people as she scanned each of them for number 21. After a long time of searching she was about to give up. Looking down at her feet sadly she suddenly noticed a number 21 sticker stuck to the floor in front of her. Are you for real?? Yes I will definitely love the floor forever… She thought sarcastically to herself as she leaned down to pick up the number 21 sticker.

 

            “Excuse me?” A deep but quiet voice said behind her. She turned around to see a handsome and strangely attractive young man probably around her age. He looked different from any guy she has seen before, he looked peculiar yet she felt a vibe of attractiveness towards him. “Umm that sticker your holding, it’s mine…”