Surprise

10 Days

Chapter Ten- Surprise

 

Kai felt a tap on his back. Before he could turn around Krystal put a fluffy hat over his head, covering his eyes. He lost his balance from the sudden movement and fell on top of Krystal. His hat fell off and Kai could see how close their faces were. She smelled like sunflowers and lavenders and all the heavenly scents in earth. He stared at her lips that were slightly covered in lipgloss and leaned in. 

 

This was it. Kai breathed in and out feeling the sweat of his palms that were barely holding him up above Krystal. Maybe if I can't confess to her in words, I can confess to her in actions he thought nervously as he leaned in noticing Krystal closing her eyes. Before Kai moved closer a flashback came to his mind.

 

Flashback:

 

A pretty girl appeared in front of his eyes that day. Her name was Son Naeun, he remembered it clearly. The scent of her hair, those pretty sparkling eyes and soft hands. The way she smiled at little things. Oh her beautiful smile that lit up Kai's day every morning. Even though it might have been a few years back, Kai remembered her like it was yesterday. He especially remembered the first time him and her kissed. How her lips were just like Krystal's, soft and always slightly covered with light lipgloss. Kai had never fell so hard for someone before.

 

His first kiss was lost to her. It was just like now. When Kai toppled over her at the hat store. It was so familiar like déjà Vu. Then Kai was hit in the heart mentally. He still remembered the day she died from cancer. She had always warned him to stay away because she didn't want Kai to lose her in the fight for cancer. But Kai never regretted it because she was his first love...

 

After Naeun passed, Kai became heart broken and started to hook up with girls. Lots of lots of girls. Now he regretted that. Kai was ashamed that he broke so many girl's hearts and practically used them. But Kai learned that it was a mistake the hard way. During one of those days of being a man , Kai remembered Namjoo, Naeun's sister appeared at his door holding Naeun's picture. The first thing Namjoo did was slap Kai across the face. 

 

Kai remembered the slap clearly as well. The slap wasn't super hard but he knew it contained a lot of emotions and anger in it. He remembered after the slap Namjoo screamed into his face "HOW COULD YOU? AFTER ALL NAEUN TAUGHT YOU ABOUT LOVE, YOU GO AND HOOK UP WITH S? WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU?!?!" At that very moment Kai realized how much he still loved Naeun and those girls were just numbing medicine for his loss and depression. 

 

Ever since the day Namjoo slapped him he never loved again. Ever. Never loved for 3 years. And he also never kissed anyone he truly loved until Krystal came. 

 

{end of flashback}

 

Kai decided to give it a go now. Naeun would approve of this right? His face was less then a hair's lenghth away from hers when suddenly a loud and obnoxious voice yelled "SURPIRSE!!!!!!" 

 

God damn it Baekhyun and Tiffany ruined it. Ruined it all, now it's just awkward between him and Krystal. At least thats what he thought. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Heyyy I hoped you liked reading about Kai's past... And I'll be double updating ((: Also I made a new story to check it out ^^