Birthday

10 Days

Chapter Eleven- Birthday

 

A couple of days passed since they went to Italy and Jonghyun finally recovered. It was the eighth day of the cruise and Kai still hasn't confessed to Krystal. He sat on his bed thinking about how it was possible. How is it possible that he could fall for someone in 10 days after years of not loving someone? How did love work? Wait. Kai suddenly realized something that was right there all along. He finally woke up and smelled the roses. Lovers meet was real. And he just realized that on the second to last day of the cruise...

 

Baekhyun walked over wearing a fancy cute suit interrupting Kai's thoughts. "Why dressed so fancy?" Kai asked while still trying to answer the questions of Krystal in his head. "Dont you know? It's my Fany baby's birthday!" Baekhyun said like it was the biggest deal ever. "Oh so are we having a surpise party?!" Kai excitedly questioned, "YEAP!!" 

"Just go find your Krystal and tell us to help us plan it" 

 

Kai slightly blushed as he ran down the cabin halls to find Krystal. Right now Kai felt a feeling he never felt in a long time. It was a warm tingly feeling inside that bubbles up and makes him laugh and cry for no reason. It is a feeling you experience only once or twice in your life. It was no other than the blissful feeling called true love.

 

Pacing down the halls he could feel a permanent blush growing on his face. It only happened to him once before. And it was with Naeun, but he coldly told himself to forget it now and that she's gone. He realized that all those girls he "used" never loved him or nor did he love them. He was just simply "in lust" with them.

 

Before he knew it Kai arrived at her door and knocked lightly. A fancier than usual Tiffany appeared at the doorway opening the door for Kai. "HAPPY BIRTHDAY!" Kai said as he quickly ran in and dragged Krystal out the door.

"What was that for??" 

" Sorry... Oh we're just planning a surprise party for Tiffany..." 

"Really?? Great! I think Baekhyun already told me about it, he said me and you are baking the cakes." 

"But... We're on a ship how are we supposed to find a place to bake a cake?"

"easy Baekhyun already reserved the kitchen for baking cakes, but he never told us where exactly the kitchen is..."

"So now we have to look through a 12 deck ship for a kitchen??"

"yup"

 

Kai and Krystal walked through all the decks from 1- 12 to look for the kitchen. It has been an hour and a half and they still couldn't find it. "Let's hope this last deck is where the kitchen is" Kai grunted as the two took the stairs up to the last deck. The first thing they saw when they got up to deck 12 was a whole kitchen filled with varieties of food and a ton of chefs. "How did we not notice that the elevator button said Kitchen deck??" Krystal sighed as she looked at the opening elevators' buttons.

 

Finally the couple found the bakery and started to bake some cakes. The sun was getting lower and lower as time flew by and the cake was ready. Now they had to frost it. Krystal focused hard as she began to write "Happy birthday Tiffany" in red icing until someone's hands pounced on her shoulders and scared the living food out of her. "HAHAHA GOTCHA!" Kai playfully laughed and chanted as Krystal took frosting and rubbed it on his nose. "YAH! My handome nose!!" Kai yelled while Krystal giggled and pointed. Not long after, It became a full out frosting fight. It got do bad they ran out of frosting to make the cake.

 

"yah we have to stop and go clean up..." Krystal playfully scolded while walking to the sink. They both cleaned up the frosting but Kai kept telling her that she still had some more on her face. "Hey, there's a whole bunch of frosting on your lips!" Kai nervously said planning on what he was going to do. "Aish... Where??" 

 

"I'll get it... For you....uh" Kai stuttered as his heart beat faster. He leaned in and broke the wall of electricity between them, filling up the distance from his face to her face. This time Kai knew fate wouldn't interrupt the kiss because he felt his lips meet hers. It wasn't a rough kiss, it was a sweet kiss. It might have seemed like 5 seconds to Kai due to his slow motion adrenaline but they were once agin interrupted when it was less then 2 seconds into the kiss.

 

"SURPRISE!!" Jonghyun hollered making Kai and Krystal back away and freeze. Jonghyun immediately walked out pretending like he wasn't here at all. Tiffany walked in and hugged everyone. So that's why he yelled surprise... Kai thought as he cursed fate. Everyone had fun and danced during Tiffany's party and soon it was getting too late to stay. Everyone headed home leaving Jonghyun with Kai again.

 

"Fine, here's the truth." Jonghyun said out of the blue when the two were walking back to their cabins. "What truth?" Kai questioned curiously.

"Well... Uh.. Umm" 

"Spit it out Jonghyun, what is it?"

" Ummm ermm."

"Jonghyun I don't have all day..."

"uh well I like Krystal. There I said it."

"you... What?!"

 

For some weird reason Kai didn't feel mad at Jonghyun. Maybe because he knew how much it hurts to not being able to confess to someone that you love.