Flashback 7: Lunch at MOA

Yunho Turns Pinoy

I stomped my feet and just headed over to sit beside Mark, who was near the front of the coaster.  I don't care about my bag anymore.  It's heavy anyways.  Good thing I have my cellphone with me.  They won't find anything interesting in my bag anyways.  I looked back at them.  Yoochun was laughing at me, Jaejoong was looking at me, Junsu was..being Junsu, Changmin was munching and Yunho was frowning, looking upset.

 

YUNHO'S POV

Pabo, Yunho!  You pissed her off now she moved away and sat next to that nerdy looking guy.  Who is he anyway? 

"Yah!  Yunho!  Stop glaring at them or else you're gonna burn holes on their heads!"  Jaejoong hyung scolded me.  I tore off my gaze from them and just looked outside the window.  The sun was shining brightly, making the leaves on the trees glisten.  My mood lightened up as I realize that we're once again on a different country for the first time.

My thoughts were disturbed as I felt somebody sit next to me.  "Hyung, why are you smiling like that?"  Junsu asked.  I turned to him and raised my eyebrow, "Nothing.. Just enjoying the scenery."  I said and he stretched his neck to peer outside the window.  "Yeah, nature is great but you never used to take notice of it..."  He said.  "Go away."  I pushed his face away from the window and we both laughed.

 

JAEJOONG'S POV

I don't like that Cassandra AKA Cassie.  She's weird.  Worse, Yunho and Yoochun seem to be interested in her.  I know Yoochun is just like that to most girls but Yunho....why does he like to always get her attention?  He's even teasing her.  Good thing she moved away from him. 

I watched Yunho as he looked outside the window and suddenly smiled to himself.  I wonder what he's thinking.  He better not be thinking of Cassandra! 

"Hyung..."  Changmin said and poked my head.  "What?"  I snapped.  "Why are you frowning at Yunho hyung?"  He asked, unaffected by my snapping.  "I wasn't frowning at him.  I was just thinking about something deep."  I lied.  I shouldn't get caught. 

"Oh..."  He replied and went back to his seat.  I huffed out air.

"Hyung..."  Here comes Changmin again after a few minutes.  "What???"  I asked.  "I'm hungry.  May I have that?"  He asked and pointed to the bag of bread peaking out of my bag.  I sighed and gave it to him.  "Thanks hyung!!!"  He said and I rolled my eyes.

 

CASSIE'S POV

The trip to the Mall of Asia, which is the 4th largest mall in the world (as listed in Forbes), didn't take long. 

 

But due to our tardiness and other causes of delay, we arrived at MOA around lunch time.  I stayed behind to find my backpack and let everybody get off the coaster first.  Apparently, not everybody got off. 

"Looking for this?"  Yunho asked as he walked towards the front of the coaster and stopped in front of me with my bag dangling from his hand.  I tried to grab it but he pulled it away.

"Come on, give it back.  We have to catch up with the others."  I said, slightly annoyed but I could feel my cheeks heating up as I look at the *gulp* handsome guy in front of me.  I then looked outside the window to distract myself and to see where the others have gone to.

"Why is your bag so heavy?"  He asked and i turned back to him and tried to grab it once again.  I was surprised though.  Coz if he asked that, then that meant he didn't open it to look inside.  Not that I have anything to hide.

"If it's heavy, then give it back to me."  I quickly got a hold of it and thugged it hard from him.  I put it on my back and stomped down the coaster bus, leaving Yunho behind.  I didn't know what his problem was.  I should stay away from him even though he's *gulp* handsome.

"Cassie!!  Wait for me!"  He shouted as he walked faster to catch up.  I faced him and motioned for him to be quiet.  What if fans heard him speak in English?  Then it'll be all my fault.  I didn't want that to happen so I stopped and waited for him.  When he arrived, we resumed walking. 

"Wow, this place is huge!"  He exclaimed.  "Yup, it is.  It's easy to get lost in here, especially if you're a first-timer."  I said.  With that, he walked closer beside me. 

"Where are we headed?"  He asked.  "We're going to eat lunch first at KamayKainan.  Oh!  Here it is!"  I said and we stopped in front of the buffet restaurant.

 

 

We went inside and I glanced at Yunho, his widened eyes were scanning the buffet table.  I chuckled.

 

 

"Like what you see?  They're all delicious Filipino food."  I said to the air and not directly to him so that if there were fans around, they wouldn't take notice of it.  I heard him sigh as he continued to peek at each of the dishes.  I found the group in a private room of the buffet restaurant.  Ms. Santos, our interpreter was already there too.

"Oh!  You're finally here!  Let's all get our food now.  They're all delicious Filipino dishes, trust me."  Ms. Luna said.  Ms. Santos interpreted what she said and they all stood up to go to the buffet. 

And so, us Filipinos led the Koreans towards the buffet table, explaining to them each dish, its name and its contents.  They were all eager to try them, taking a bit of each but of course, not forgetting the rice. 

"Cassie, what else do you recommend?"  Yoochun asked as he moved beside me.  I looked at his plate, "You got plenty already, Yoochun.  Later, I'll make you try something for dessert."  I replied and suddenly, a familiar strong scent filled our nostrils. 

"What dessert?"  Yunho whispered to the both of us.  "Later."  I whispered back.  Yoochun laughed at us.  "Yunho hyung."  He said and winked at Yunho.  I didn't know what's with the winking thing so I just left them alone.

 

JAEJOONG'S POV

There goes Yunho again!  Going closer and closer to Cassie.  I better go there too.

 

CHANGMIN'S POV

OMOOOO!! Everything looks so tasty!!! *grabs one of this, one of that, takes one of this, one of that*

Aigoooo~!!!! *runs to the other side of the buffet and takes a little bit of each dish*

*drools*

 

JUNSU'S POV

Tsktsk.  Changmin.  Aish, that kid!

 

YOOCHUN'S POV

"Hyung..  You're so obvious!"  I said after Cassie left.  "What?"  He asked innocently.  "Aww, I can see you're so interested in her."

"Who's interested in who?"  Jaejoong hyung suddenly popped out of nowhere.

"Nobody.  Yoochun's hallucinating.  I'm done here, I'll go back to the table."  Yunho hyung suddenly said and left us.  I shrugged at Jaejoong hyung when he raised his eyebrow at me, asking me about what was going on before he arrived.  Then, after taking another piece of pork BBQ, I went back to the table.

 

CASSIE'S POV

I went back to the table after getting my first round of food.  After some moments, that scent again proclaimed its presence because its owner sat down beside me.

"Cassie."  He whispered. 

"What?"  I whispered back.

"Annyeong!"  He said.

"Annyeong..."  I replied.

The others came back and we started eating.  I was glad because they seemed to enjoy Filipino food especially Changmin who continuously shoved food into his mouth. 

"Uwaaaa.  Pork adobo tastes really good!!!"  Yoochun exlaimed as he dug more into his food.  He then said something in Korean to the others and they all nodded their heads, agreeing that Pork Adobo tastes good.

"I'm happy.  That's one of the most popular Pinoy dishes,  I'm glad you guys liked it.  Thank you!  Please eat more."  I said and Yoochun and Ms. Santos translated what i said.

I smiled and shook my head.  If only they knew that these guys could speak English.

We all came back to the buffet table to eat more. 


Pork Adobo,

 

Tinolang Manok  (Chicken Tinola),

 

Giniling (Ground Pork),

 

Sinigang na Hipon (Sour Shrimp Soup),

 

seemed to be their favorites.  It was no wonder, since these are our favorites too.  After that, it was time for dessert. :)

 

 

 

[A/N]  Hellooooo!! :) How are you my dear readers?  I'm soooo sorry for not updating within a week.  i became busy AND I EXPERIENCED WRITER'S BLOCK FOR DAYS!! I don't wanna experience taht ever again!!!!  So please forgive me. TT_TT  I missed you.  i hope you missed my story too. :)

Hello to my 26 subscribers! ^_^

 

@heroparkyoungwoong - Thank you! :)

@alliekhot - Hello! Welcome to my story!  Thanks so much for liking it even if Yunho's not your ultimate bias.  I hope to see you til the end. :) Salamat! hehe!