Flashback 3: Elevator

Yunho Turns Pinoy

"Wait!  Don't tell me your nickname is Cassie?"  I asked.  "Actually, it is..  Uh, why?"  She asked.  "No way, really?  Well, our fans are called Cassiopeia.  So Cassies for short."  I explained.  "Oh, isn't that like, a formation of stars in the sky or something?"  She asked.  "Yup!  It's a constellation."  She nodded and smiled again.  "Cool...."

Suddenly, the elevator jerked and stopped and some sparking noises were heard. 

 

"Hala!"  She exclaimed.  I saw her panic and suddenly the lights went out.  I immediately went to the emergency button and pressed it.  I also pressed the "ring bell" to alert the staff or security.  "Oh no.."  I heard her whimper.  "Hey, are you okay?" I asked, going to her.  "Y-yeah. I'm f-fine."  She nodded and sat down.  "Are you sure?"  I sat down beside her and continued, "Don't worry.  We'll be out of here in no time."  She nodded and I smiled at her.  "T-thanks. I'm sorry, it's just that.... I'm afraid the elevator would drop down and we'll be dead." She whispered the last word.  I laughed.

"No, the elevator won't drop down and we won't be dead.  I promise.  Trust me."  I comforted her.  She put her head on her knees.  "So, I heard you are an intern?  What are you taking up?"  I asked her, trying to change the subject and get her mind off the broken elevator.  "I'm taking up BS Psychology."  She answered.  "Whoa.  Really?  Then, err, how is this connected to your course?"  I asked.  If she's studying Psychology, what is she doing here, attending to our needs?  Not that I mind.

"My supervisor asked me if I like pop music then the next thing I know, I found myself in front of you guys."  She shrugged and groaned.  "When are they gonna save us?"  I patted her back.  "I'm sure they're already doing their best to fix everything. Don't worry."  I assured.  "I'm sorry.  It's just that, being stuck in an elevator is my..... phobia."  She shyly said and she hugged her knees to her chest.

I wanted to hug her because she looks like a lost kid but I don't know if it's appropriate.  I don't wanna scare her away and let her think that I'm being too touchy.  "It's okay, you don't have to say sorry.  You did nothing wrong.  And, you're with me.  So nothing's gonna happen to you.  I won't let it."  I said and patted her back again.  "Well, coz I shouldn't be acting like this.  I should be mature enough to handle situations like this.  It's embarrassing to our guest."  She blushed.

And with that, I couldn't help it anymore.  My arms found their way around her, squeezing her lightly to comfort her.  "Tell you what, this will be our little secret then.  I won't tell anybody about your phobia.  Okay?" She nodded and tried to move away but I didn't let her.  Then I felt her tremble a little bit.  "See?  I won't let you go until you feel better."  She blushed again and smiled.  "Uhm, okay.  Thanks, Jaejoong?"

I was baffled.  Didn't she know my name all this time? I slightly released her to look at her.  "Don't you know my name?"  I asked.  She looked down.  "I'm sorry!!  I wasn't able to memorize your names.  I only remembered Junsu and you as the leader."  She looked so cute, looking down guiltily like that, I wanted to squeeze her until she couldn't breathe.  But I didn't do that.

"I'm Jung Yunho.  Yunho's my name.  In DBSK, I'm also called UKNOW YUNHO."  I introduced myself.  "Got it!  Thanks, Yunho.  So that means, the black haired guy is Jaejoong."  She said and I nodded.  "Right!  But I'm curious though, why did you only know Junsu's name?  You liiiiike him, don't you?"  I teased, although I did it half-heartedly. 

And before she could answer, the elevator jerked again suddenly, the lights came back, and the doors opened right after.  We both immediately stood up and went out.  The staff asked us if we were okay and said sorry for the inconvenience.  We didn't want any commotion so we told them we're okay and left to head to McDonalds.

"Hey..."  I called, poking her arm.  "Yes?"  She glanced at me.  "You haven't answered my question yet."  She stopped.  "What question?"  She asked, her face scrunching slightly as she tried to remember my question.  I wanted to pinch her cheeks.  But I didn't do that.

"I asked if you like Junsu that's why you only knew his name."  I reminded her.  "Oh!  No!  I only remembered his name because his face looks like Junsu."  She explained.  "What?  What do you mean by that?"  I asked.  "I mean, his face suits the name Junsu.  Err, yeah.  I don't know how to explain it."  I laughed at her explanation.  "Okay.  I get it.  It's weird but, I get it!  So, you don't like him at all?"  I asked, peering at her face closely.  "Nope.  I only learned about you guys today.  I don't know how you guys are like."  I nodded. I wanted to clap my hands and say 'that's good' but I didn't do that. 

"Okay then."

 

CASSIE'S POV

I'm surprised.  Yunho's down to earth despite his 'popularity' in Asia.  He's nice and not snobby, unlike my impression on their pictures.  He's good looking too.  When he wrapped his arms around me, I felt...safe.  Or maybe because his arms look like they're so strong enough to carry a whale.

We then arrived at McDonalds and lined up.  As usual, it's jampacked.  I looked around worriedly to spot any fan that might tackle him.  Nobody seemed to be a fan.  Nobody seemed to care about Yunho.  Except the girl beside us, she kept on staring at him.  If she were a cartoon, i'm pretty sure there would be drool coming out of .  I then looked at Yunho to see if he noticed.  And to my surprise, he was looking at me, too. 

It was such a surprising thing, his look sent shivers down my spine.  I didn't really notice how handsome he was until this moment.  I quickly looked away, embarrassed.  I could feel my cheeks heat up.  I then felt a poke on my cheek.  I looked up at him and he laughed.  "Why are you blushing?"  He asked with a grin on his *gulp* handsome face.  "I'm n-not!"   I denied and hid my cheeks with my hands and turned away from him.  "Yeah right!"  He whispered in my ear.  And with that, my heart started pounding rapidly. 

I shut my eyes and wished for the line to move forward quickly.  I sighed.  "Yunho, you could just sit there at the chair.  I can handle this."  I suggested.  I had to do it to calm my heart.  "Nope.  Won't do.  In fact, why don't YOU go over there and sit.  I'll take care of this."  He said while pointing at the nearest chair.  I shook my head.  "No, really.  You're the guest here, so YOU should just sit there and wait for me."  He shook his head.  "Can you please stop with the guest issue?  I'm the guy here and you're a girl so you should sit and wait for me."  He said and slightly pushed me out of the line.  "NO!  I can do this even if I'm a girl.  Besides, it's not like we're on a date or something."  Then I realized what I just said.  I gasped and covered my mouth.  "Please forget I said that!"  I said and looked away.  I don't think I could look at him anymore.  All I've been doing was to embarrass myself in front of this *gulp* hot handsome man. 

I suddenly heard another whisper in my ear, "You're cute."

 

YUNHO'S POV

I couldn't help it!  I told her she's cute.  I smiled, seeing her blush like a tomato.  I laughed a little coz it's fun teasing her.  But what I said is true, though.  She IS cute. "LIAR."  She said under her breath.  "What??"  I asked, pretending not to understand what she just said.  "Nothing.  I said harhar."  She replied without looking at me.  I laughed.

Finally, it was our turn to order.  The girl at the cashier greeted me, and me only.  She didn't look at Cassie.  I only gave her a smile and spoke Korean to Cassie.  Cassie then looked at me strangely then she remembered that it's only a secret that we speak English.  The girl behind the cashier looked disappointed and finally looked at Cassie.  Cassie did all the talking while I just watched her. 

She then turned to me, "Order?"  She asked.  I leaned down to whisper my order in her ear but she moved her head away.  I then grabbed her head and pulled her to me.  "I want McSpaghetti, McNuggets and large Iced tea.  Okay?"  She nodded and pulled away from me. She told the girl, who still kept on staring at me, my order.

Food came and I noticed that she didn't buy anything for herself.  So before she paid, I stopped her and leaned down to her ear again.  "Oh, I forgot.  I want a cheeseburger, caramel sundae, fries, and another iced tea too."  She widened her eyes at me and pulled me down to whisper back in my ear, "ARE YOU A MONSTER?  How could you eat all that?"  I just laughed and winked.  And that made her turn away from me again without any more protests.

We then got everything and went back to the elevators.  While waiting for one, I saw her fidgeting and looking nervous.  "You okay?"  i asked.  "Huh?  Oh. Yeah.  I'm okay.  No worries. Heh-heh."  She said and nervously laughed.  "It's okay.  Nothing's gonna happen."  I said and smiled at her.  "Okay.  Thanks."  She smiled back and we then entered the elevator that just arrived.

 

 

[A/N]  Hello!  ^_^ Wow, this is quite a long one.  Haha. Sorry if I promised you an update the day after I posted my latest chapter but didn't happen.  >_<  Sorry, sorry!!!!

Anyway, yey! I have...14 subscribers? :D Thanks so much!  I hope you;ll keep following this story and won't unsubscribe.  Okay, okay? ^_^

Haha.  I'm currently listening to Yunho's Honey Funny Bunny.  I love that song! :)  I love it enough to make a fanfic out of it that is also posted here in AFF.  *wink wink nudge nudge* Hahahahaha.

Annnd.. I hope you guys will have a great weekend ahead. ;)  I know I'll do!  On Saturday, we'll learn the dance steps to BigBang's Tonight!  Earlier, we practiced Taeyang's Wedding Dress.  I didn't know it is such a GOOD song. WHOA. 

 

@kprincess1995 - Hello! Welcome to my fic! ^^, Thanks for subscribing and commenting.  I hope to hear from you in the next updates. :)

@onbomcorndition - LOL!  Didn't mean to endorse it. Hahaha. Just thought they'd be familiar with it. Wahaha. ;) And no kiss.. yet!

@animesekai - WHOAS! ^_^ Hello!  Thanks for looking forward to the next update! ^_^