The Arrival

Yunho Turns Pinoy

[A/N] Now, we go back to present time (2009).  Heehee! :) RECAP:  Yunho, wanted to have a break from all the controversies surrounding him, decided to take a short vacation somewhere where he's not all that well-known.  He thought of Philippines, and remembered he has a close (aka special but he doesn't admit it) friend there.  He sent her an email, she replied.  The next morning, he caller her up as soon as he read her email and told her he'll be coming on Wednesday. After their phone call, Yunho excitedly sent her the flight details. 

 

Wednesday morning....

CASSIE'S POV


I zoomed towards NAIA with cold hands.  I'm already late after my mom overly fussed over me, saying I have to look very pretty when I pick up Yunho at the airport.  I looked at the clock, 10:44am.  Dang it, I still have to find a parking spot!!! 

Five minutes later, I finally arrived at NAIA. 

 

  

 

Luckily, I found a parking spot near the entrance of the parking lot so that Yunho wouldn't have to walk far.  I checked my reflection on the car's mirror, swiped some lipgloss, grabbed my bag and nervously headed to the Waiting Area.  I instructed Yunho to stand and wait under the letter C, since his surname is spelled as Chung in his passport.  Besides, it's nearer to the parking lot than the letter J.

I checked the Flight Status monitor posted inside the 2nd floor of the waiting area and my eyes bulged:

 

08:00 ICN Seoul Incheon Int'l Airport Korean Air KE621
10:50 MNL Manila Ninoy Aquino 3h 50 ARRIVED

 

"Oh shucks!  Shucks!"  I exclaimed as my heart started beating fast.  Yunho's, I mean, Yunho oppa's plane has already arrived!!!  I felt like throwing up.  Sheesh.  Get a grip of yourself, Cassie.  It's ONLY Yunho.  I took a deep breath.  Why am I nervous anyway?  I shook my head and instead sat down and concentrated at the screen that showed the passengers who were walking down the ramp towards their respetive surname initials. 

I entertained myself by making fun (I know, I'm so bad) of the passengers.  Some looked so excited and ran down the ramp, almost falling down.  Some couldn't control their carts and were dragged down.  Some wore funny clothes, but some also looked nice. 

I sighed as Iooked at my watch.  Thirty minutes had already passed and I havent seen Yunho on the screen.  Maybe there was a long long line on immigration?  I hope there's no problem with his visa or passport or ticket or whatever.

Suddenly, my phone rang.  And the caller is YUNHO!!! O_O  I sat up straight, cleared my throat and answered.  Oh gosh, I hope there's no problem!!!!

Me:  Hello?  Yunho oppa?  Are you okay? Where are you?

Yunho:  *singsong voice* Cassiiiiee~  I'm already here outside.  Under letter C as you said.

M:  WHAAAAAT?!?!  Already???  But I didn't see you on the screen!!!

I quickly stood up and peered down the window.  I squinted my eyes as I searched for him....and there was.  I gasped at his...handsomeness.  I gulped.

 

  

 

M:  Ohmygosh!  You're really there!!!!  Why don't you have a disguise on?!  I'll go pick you up.  Stay there!  Don't move!  I'll be there quickly!!!!!

Y:  *laughs*  I'm fine.  Don't worry.  Alright, see you Cassieeee~.

M:  Be careful of your surroundings!  See yah!

 

I dashed down the stairs and kept an eye on him.

 

  

 

I crossed the mini road and ran towards him.  But I stopped a few feet away from him to compose myself and quickly fix my look.  I took a deep breath and brisk-walked toward him.  I admired him as I got closer.  Gosh, he looks soooo....mmm.

 

  

 

I hid before he could see me and I walked behind him.  I crept towards him and tapped his back.

"Yunho oppa."  I softly greeted with a smile.

 

YUNHO'S POV

"Yunho oppa."  I heard a familiar cute voice say my name after somebody tapped my back.  I turned around and I had a sharp intake of breath as I saw her smiling cutely.

"Cassie!"  I greeted and I couldn't help but hug her.  My arms grabbed her and hugged her tightly.  I smiled wider when I felt her hug me back.  After a few seconds, we let go of each other.

"Wow, you look so pretty."  I commented truthfully.  Her eyeglasses were gone, her hair was not up in a bun, she looked so pretty and she was glowing.  And I noticed a faint shade of pink is starting to cover her cheeks.

"Uhm, t-thanks, Yunho oppa.  Oh!  Let's go before somebody recognizes you!"  She stepped away from me so I picked up my two luggages. 

"Sorry if we have to walk under the sun.  I parked at the other parking lot."  She apologized.  She then opened the umbrella that she has brought with her and shaded me while we walked. 

"It's okay, Cassie.  A little sunshine won't hurt me.  Besides, I should be the one carrying this one."  I smiled at her and tried to take the umbrella away from her but she flinched away.

"Eep!  No, you're already carrying too much.  Besides... you're a star."  She teased and I pouted.  "Nooooo.  Please don't treat me like one.  I wanna be just Jung Yunho here and not UKNOW Yunho.  Okay?"  I asked but she just kept smiling. 

"Yah Cassieeee!!!"  I whined.  "Okay!  Okay!  You're a regular person.  You're not popular.  You're not a celebrity.  You're not a star.  You're a private person.  Sheesh."  She said and laughed at me.  I smiled and finally, we reached a purple car.  She opened its trunk and I put my luggage in. 

"Whoa.  Nice car!  Is this yours?"  I asked her.  "Yup!  This is my baby!"  She replied.  Then she opened the car and got into the driver's seat.

"EEEH?  You're DRIVING?!?!?!"  I asked bewildered.  Having experienced the crazy traffic jam and saw some undisciplined drivers here in the Philippines, I hesitantly sat on the passenger seat.  "Cassie...  If you want, I can drive instead."  I offered.  She snorted as she started the engine. 

"Ah, Yunho oppa, don't tell me you're scared of me driving???  Don't worry, I'll zoom so fast we'd be at our house even before you can blink your eyes."  She said while moving the car out of its parking space.  My eyes widened at her serious statement. 

"NO!  NO!  Drive slowly!!!!!  Take your time!  Please!  I'm in no rush!!!!!! Just..just drive slowly and carefully!!!"  I begged.  I still love my life and I don't wish to be buried six feet under soon.  She suddenly laughed boisterously.

"Yunho oppa...  You-you should've seen your face!!! Ahahahaha!  I -hahaha- of course -haha- would *wheeze* drive carefully!  I've been trained to do defensive driving so we'll be safe."  She said and her laughter moved down to giggles.  "Silly Yunho, I can drive you know."  She said and she carefully drove us out of the Airport and onto the highway.

I didn't realize I've been holding my breath until I had let it go and realized my actions.  "I'm sorry, Cassie.  I didn't mean to....Hey!  I thought I told you to call me Yunho Oppa."  I apologized but she just waved it off.  "No worries, Yunho OPPA.  Anyway, how are you these days?  What's with the sudden trip here?"  She asked.

"Well, I've been, we've been really busy with promotions, performances, issues and stuff and it became too much, Cassie.  It was like I'm getting suffocated.  That's also the reason why I wasn't able to call you these past months.  I really wanted to have a break so here I am inside a car as cute as its owner." I said with a smile.  She snorted though.

"Pffft!  You're still the same Yunho I met years ago.  Always flattering girls."  She commented.  "Yah!  1) I told you to call me Oppa.  2) I'm telling the truth.  3) Years ago, you were the only girl I talked with here.  Well, aside from those who were in your house, of course."  I explained. 

"Wooshoooo!  Yeah right!!  Well, I hope you'll have a good vacation here and can rest properly.  How long will you be staying?"  She asked.  "Uhm.  I don't know.  But for sure it's more than two weeks."  I answered.  "Wow!  Did you take a leave?  Good  thing they allowed you?"  She wondered. 

"Yeah.  They gave us all a rest period.  But the others just stayed in Korea.  Cassie, how about you??  How are you lately?  How's Tita Mara and Tito Ram?"  I asked.  "Hmm, well, uhm, actually, my parents are excited to see you.  Especially my mom.  So I'm warning you now, oppa.  *laughs*  My mom and yaya and manang might squeal once they see you.  So uhm, I hope you don't mind if we have lunch at our house first before I drive you to your hotel."  She informed and I grinned widely.  "REAAaalllly?  I don't mind!!!  I'm glad to see them soon too!"  I exclaimed.  I'm fond of Cassie's family.  They're so nice and warm and happy and funny so being with them makes me happy too.

Minutes later, we arrived at her subdivision and soon, we entered her garage. 

"Wow Cassie, you're a good driver...and on a manual too!"  I complimented.  I'm impressed with her.  She's tough and courageous enough to drive on the crazy streets here.  Ahh, I can't help but to feel proud.  "You ready?  We can just leave your luggage in my trunk.  So...Let's go?"  She asked me, breaking my thoughts.  "Yup!  Let's gooo!"  I answered.

We entered her house and we immediately heard a squeal. 

"Ayyyy Yunho dear!!" Tita Mara, who was sitting on the sofa, sprang up as soon as she saw us.  "Tita Mara!!  How are you?"  I greeted back and bowed.  She came over and we hugged each other.  "How are you, Yunho?  How was the flight, huh?  Are you thirsty? Are you hungry?  Are you tired from the flight?  Let's go now to the table.  Oh we prepared may dishes for you!!"  She excitedly said and pulled me towards their dining table and my eyes widened at the different dishes placed on the table.

"Cassie.."  I looked for her who was left at the front door.  "Oh she probably went upstairs.  Don't worry, she'll come down soon.  You should eat now, Yunho.  It's already lunch time."  Tita Mara said.  "How about you, Tita?  Have you eaten already?"  I asked, trying to delay my lunch because I was waiting for Cassie.

"Yes dear, I've eaten already.  But don't worry about me.  Here, do you want to try this?  Try this, it's delicious!"  She pointed to a dish and I nodded and took some and put it on my plate.  "Woow.  This looks yummy, Tita!  Don't you wanna eat again?  Thank you!  Oh, where's Tito Ram?"  I asked as she passed me the rice.

"Oooh!  Si Sir Yunho lalong pumogi!!!! (Sir Yunho looks more handsome!!!)"  My head turned to the voice who said my name before Tita Mara could answer me.  And I saw Manang Alba with Cassie pulling her arm back.

"A-ah, Yunho oppa, I hope you remember Manang Alba."  She said as they came forward.  I stood up and smiled warmly at the old lady.  "Of course I do.  How are you, Manang Alba?" I asked and like Tita Mara, we hugged each other like long lost relatives. 

"Sir Yunho!  How are you?  You smell good!  Okay!  Please continue your lunch."  I laughed at her statement.  "Thank you, Manang Alba but please just call me Yunho."  She nodded.  "Okay, Yunho son, eat your lunch again!"  I nodded and sat back down.  Cassie also sat down across me.

"Wooow!  Yummy foooood!  Yunho oppa, you should try everything!"  She exclaimed.  "That's what I told him, Cassie.  By the way, Cassie's dad and kuya should be home any minute now.  They said they'd have lunch here.  Anyway, I'll leave you two alone."  Tita Mara said and stood up. 

"Oh, Mommy you ate lunch already??"  Cassie asked, surprised. "Yes, sweetie.  I got full just by tasting and tasting these dishes, checking if they're perfect.  Now eat your lunch before it gets cold.  See you later Yunho dear.  Eat well!"  She waved and left us alone.

"You heard Mom, we should eat well." Cassie said and gobbled up food.  I laughed at her.  She's still the same, uncaring Cassie that I know.  "Yeah, we should!"  I replied and she smiled when I placed more food on my plate.

"Oppa, is water okay with you or do you want to have cola or juice?  We only have orange and cranberry juice, though."  She asked.  "Oh, water is fine.  Thanks Cassiiiieee."

A few minutes passed and we heard men's voices.  "Oh, Dad and kuya are here!"  Soon, the two men appeared.  I wiped my mouth and stood up to greet them.  "Hello Uncle Ram, Darren."  I greeted and bowed.  "Yunho!  Welcome back to the Philippines!"  Tito Ram said and he hugged me with pats on my back.  Then Darren and I had a handshake.  "Thank you, Tito Ram!  I'm excited to tour around."  I replied while Cassie hugged them.

"Oh, continue your lunch.  We'll join you soon."  Tito Ram said and they left.  A few minutes later, Cassie's parents joined us at the table.  Darren, Cassie's older brother, didn't though.

"So Yunho... How long will you be staying here?" Tito Ram asked.  "Uhm, I'm not yet sure but all I know is that I'm planning to stay for more than two weeks."  I replied and Tita Mara squealed.  "Ooooh!!  That's wonderful news!!!  Then where will you be staying??"  She inquired.  "Mom..."  Cassie said with low voice but Tita Mara just gave her a wink and Tito Ram just smiled.

"Well, I booked a hotel for-"  I started but Tita Mara cut me off.  "A HOTEL!?  Why, Yunho, you can just stay here!!!"  She excitedly suggested and Cassie coughed, choking on her food.  But I want to!  I want to!!!

"Wow, thank you so much Tita Mara but I really don't want to seem like i'm taking advantage and I don't want to intrude...." I politely said but deep down, it would be so cool to live here with them!!!  [A/N:  Yeah right, Yunho... You just want to be 'close' to *her*.  But I forgive you, poor innocent you doesn't realize it yet.]

"Intrude-shmude!  Non-sense, Yunho.  My wifey dear is right.  We always love having guests around that's why we have guestrooms.  Don't worry, Yunho.  We're used to it.  Some have even stayed for almost a year.  It would be great to have you around.  Especially soon, Darren will be going away....and our Cassie here is already getting sad."  Tito Ram pursuaded and patted her head.  I looked at her but she just stared at her food.

"Aww, really?"  I wanted to ask why but I don't know if it's okay or not.  They might think I'm being impolite.  "Yeah, kuya has accepted a job abroad."  Cassie informed but there was a hint of sadness/bitterness in her voice and I became sad too.  "So you see, Yunho.  We'll be happy if you'll stay here with us."  Tita Mara said with pleading eyes.

I wanted to smile so much but I tried to hide my giddyness in.

"Well, if it's really not too much, then it really is my pleasure to uhm, stay here."  I said with a smile and Cassie gasped.  "B-but what about your booked room?  You already paid for that, right?"  She asked.

"Not yet, just the reservation fee so it's okay."  I replied. 

"Tsk, Cassie.  Don't make Yunho have second thoughts."  Tita Mara told Cassie and slapped her hand making her wince.  "I'm not, Mom.  I just don't want him to be forced into staying here."  She reasoned. 

"It's okay, Cassie.  I think it's fun to stay here but if you don't want me to...."  I trailed off.

"Ah, no, it's fine like my parents said."  She replied and slowly smiled. 

"Then, it's settled then!  Yunho you'll be living here during your stay here.  Don't worry about it, alright?  As we've said earlier, we love having guests around.  We'll take care of you.  Now where's your luggage?"  Tita Mara said.

After lunch, their helpers made the guestroom and they brought my luggage up.  I held Cassie back while we were walking towards the guestroom. 

"Cassie, are you sure it's okay for me to stay here?"  I asked and I held my breath as I waited for her answer.

"It's really okay, Yunho oppa.  I...I think it'll be...great if you stay here."  She said and smiled while I. Smiled. WIDER!!!!

"Reallllly?  You promise?  I think it'll be fun here, especially with your Mom around." I said and we both laughed. 

"Well, I'll leave you here first so you can rest or fix your stuff or whatever.  If you need anything, just tell me or any of the helpers, okay??"  She asked and I nodded.  "Okay, got it!!  Thank you again, Cassiee~!!!"  I said and she waved and left.

I sighed and smiled and flopped down on the bed.

Well, Day 1 in the Philippines.  Adventure, here we goooooo!!!!

 

 

 

[A/N]  Hey guys!! I'm soooo very very sorry for not updating.  I've been really busy these days and I got writer's block. TT__TT  I hope you'll continue to read my story.  As you've read, it's the start of Yunho's adventure in the Philippines, and yes, with Cassie.  Hooray!!! :)

PS:  Sorry if the chappie is short.  Lack of creative juice, erk. 

 

@aejae22 - Aww!  I wish I have a kuya.. I'm an only child.  -_-'  Thanks for still reading ! :)

@cherry1001 - Yeheeey!! :) Buti kinilig ka.  Heehee!!! :D Yes, back to the present time! ^_^  Hnm, ELFish ka pala! :p

@alliekhot - YES!! YUNHO!! YUNHO!! YUNHO!! :))))