Flashback 9: Rainy Night

Yunho Turns Pinoy

He woke up the others and discussed it with them while I told the driver that I'd just walk to my house since we only moved an inch after we dropped off Mark and Ms. Santos. I was preparing my bag when Yoochun said, "Cassie, lead the way."

 

"Oh my gosh! Are you serious??? You'll have to walk for 20 minutes under the rain!" I emphasized the last part. I'm not sure they understood what they would have to go through if they come with me. "Yes. It's okay. We brought extra clothes with us. But are you sure we can stay at your place for the night?" I nodded. "Yes. wait, I'll just call my parents."

My heart started pounding as I called them. I don't know if this would be a good idea. I don't even know why I told Yoochun about my parents' suggestion. My mom said she already had our two guestrooms ready. Food was being prepared for the 6 of us. I was also informed that our street was also submerged in flood but since our house sits on top of a small hill, the water didn't reach the inside.

I then informed the driver about our plan, he seemed to be saddened by the fact that he'd be suffering this traffic alone. I gave him snacks that I wasn't able to eat and an unopened bottle of water. Then I went to Yoochun and the others.

"Uh, are you guys ready? You'll be drenched and half of our bodies will be submerged in water. Are you still sure about this?" I asked. The five of them nodded. They even seemed eager and excited about going into the flood. Junsu and Changmin were grinning while peering out the window. They must have thought it's gonna be an adventure. Well, probably.

"If you're really sure, then, let's go." I put of my jacket though I know it wouldn't do me any good. It was still raining pretty hard. I sighed. "One last thing, we might meet strangers who might take advantage of the situation. We must stay alert at all times, walk fast, check your surroundings and belongings, look after one another so that we could arrive quickly and safely at the house. Stick with each other. And please don't slip and get drowned. Okay?" I carefully instructed them. I don't want something bad to happen to 'Asia's biggest stars'. They chuckled.

"Don't worry, we're men. We can do it. Fighting!" Yunho stated. "Besides, we can't let a girl go home alone on a situation like this." Changmin suddenly spoke. I looked at each of them and saw that they were determined. I nodded. "Let's go."

I bid goodbye to the driver and he opened the bus door. I stepped down first, opened my umbrella, and water immediately seeped through my shoes. "Be careful!" I warned them again. The water was quite high, it reached just below my chest. I suddenly got worried. I underestimated the height of the flood.

I tried to cover the guys as they stepped down with my umbrella. Thankfully, they were tall so the flood only reached their waist. "Ahh! It's cooold!" Junsu squealed but he was smiling. "Are you okay?" I asked them. "Yes, Cassie, don't worry about us. And use your umbrella for yourself. How about you, you okay?" Yoochun asked. I smiled. "I'm okay. Thanks."

We started walking and everywhere we turned, cars were stuck. It was still raining hard and the wind was really blowing so it was only a matter of minutes before my umbrella became useless. I was already drenched. We were already drenched. Our belongings were drenched.

Suddenly, I felt somebody grabbed my elbow. "Pair up!" Yunho yelled. I looked up at him and he smiled as he hooked my arm around his. "We gotta be careful." He said and I smiled back at him. And maybe blushed a little. I didn't think he saw it though due to the darkness of the night.

Thank God for Yunho's arm. I could imagine myself slipping and possibly falling into the water as I felt the uneven walkway beneath my feet if not for him. I could also balance myself better as we waded through the flood as I gripped his arm tighter. I looked back at the 4 other guys and they didn't seem to struggle. Good.

We walked for almost an hour until we finally reached our house.

 

 

"Whoa. You have a big house!" Junsu exclaimed. "That's good! It means they have a big kitchen!" Changmin seconded. "Yah!" Jaejoong reprimanded. I chuckled as I opened the gate and led our dripping selves inside the house.

"Andito na ako! (I'm home!)" I shouted. My nanny or yaya immediately came out. "Ay nako! Basang-basa ka! (Oh no! You're drenched!" She exclaimed and saw the 5 guys behind me. "Ay diyos mio! Sila ba yung sinabi ni Mam Mara na artista daw? Ay, kay popogi!!!! (Oh my Lord! Are they the ones Ma'am Mara was talking about? They're so handsome!!)" She exclaimed again and oggled at the five guys.

"Guys, she's my nanny since birth or Yaya in Tagalog, Yaya Flor. Yaya, they're DBSK aka superstars of Asia." I introduced each other and they greeted her. "Good evening Ms. Flor!" And my yaya, who was already in her 50's, blushed. "Ay, just call me Yaya Flor! Oh, let's get all of you dry!"

Just then, my parents came downstairs. "Ah, my baby!" My mom gushed as they walked towards me. "Mommy, Daddy, they're DBSK. Yunho, Yoochun, Jaejoong, Junsu and Changmin. Guys, they're my parents." They bowed and said, "Good evening! Thank you for letting us stay here. We're sorry for the trouble."

My parents smiled at them and my Dad waved his hand. "Don't worry about it. Oh, let's all talk later. Get yourselves dried up first." My mom nodded. "Yes, then come back down. We prepared hot food for you. Manang will show you to the guest rooms." I heard Changmin gasp as soon as my mom said food.

Manang Alba, who has been serving the family since my dad was a bachelor, came. My mom ushered us all upstairs so that we could take a bath and change. "See you later! And just leave your wet clothes outside the door and one of our maids will get them dry." I waved and went to my bedroom.

 

-

"Wow! Hyung, Cassie's rich!" Junsu stated as they were led towards the guest rooms. The house was modern and the fixtures and furnitures were obviously of high end quality. But even so, the house has a very homey feel which made the boys feel relaxed and not worried about being extremely careful around the house.

Manang Alba then stopped in front of two doors. They separated into the two rooms. One had Jaejoong and Yunho in it and the other one had the remaining members. They already informed their manager about what happened.

"Yah, Yunho!" Jaejoong called as they entered the bedroom. "Hm?" Yunho responded. "Do you like Cassie?" He asked with a frown on his face. "W-what? Joongie, you're tired. Go ahead and take a shower first." With that, he pushed Jaejoong inside the bathroom and closed the door before the hyung could say anything more.

He took off his wet top and pants and sat on a chair. He thought about what Jaejoong asked him. Sure, I grew fond of Cassie in just a short time but that doesn't mean I have feelings for her, right? He chuckled. He knew it was impossible. And even if it was possible, it couldn't happen to him, right?

A knock interrupted his thoughts. It was one of the helpers, giving them their clothes back, now clean and dry. He thanked the nervous helper and put Jaejoong's clothes outside the bathroom.

A few minutes passed and Jaejoong came out of the bathroom after taking his clothes. "Your turn. There are fresh towels inside." He simply told Yunho. He decided to just leave the matter alone. He thought that was better than planting the idea in Yunho's head and getting himself blamed for it. He mentally kicked himself for asking Yunho about it. He didn't want the younger one to think about such things. And knowing his dongsaeng, Yunho certainly did.

"Hyung, hurry up! I'm hungry!" Changmin whined outside their door. Jaejoong opened the door and pointed the bathroom to Changmin. "Yunho's still taking a bath. You know how long it takes for him to finish. If you want, you three could go there first." Jaejoong gave his permission but the maknae pouted. "No, we'll wait. But tell hyung to hurry up. I still want my food hot!" And he his heels and went back to his guestroom.

"Hurry up, Yunho. The maknae is hungry." Soon, Yunho came out of the bathroom and they both called the others.

Cassie and her parents were already at the dining table. The boys bowed and Cassie's dad told them to have a seat. Big bowls of hot tomato macaroni soup were served to each one of them. 

 

  

 

"If you guys want more, just say so. We have prepared a lot." Cassie's mom said and both parents smiled warmly at the boys. Hot loaves of bread were also placed on the dining table. Changmin, the monster maknae, finished his soup in less than a minute. And also in less than a minute, his bowl was refilled with hot soup.

Soon, all of them had their bowls refilled several times. They were hungry and the food tasted great. It seemed like the soup perfectly matched with the taste of the bread, which totally fit the cold weather.

Unknown to them, Cassie's mom had a knowing smile, with her eyes twinkling. She had noticed her daughter and the said leader of the group, Yunho, steal glances at each other. But the two were oblivious to each other's glances. Only she observed the two.

She didn't mind this though. It's about time her daughter shows some interest in the opposite . Cassie had been too focused on books and studies that she didn't even try making herself available and pretty for the sake of the boys' attention, unlike her other friends.

Some boys had courage and tried to woo her, of course, because she's smart, kind, and she looks cute with her eyeglasses. But she was really uninterested and politely turned them down. Add to that the fact that her older brother or Kuya, who was in the university as her, was known as one of the scariest and respected jocks in school.

So Cassie's mom immediately sensed the slight change in Cassie's movements even though Cassie tried to hide it. The big change though, was that Cassie was unusually quiet and just listened to her parents and the boys chat together.

Normally, she'd be animatedly telling her parents how her day went, her voice echoing around the house. Being the youngest and the only daughter, they'd listen with eagerness, even the household helpers couldn't help but smile as they listen to her daily adventures.

Tonight though, she just sat there, eyes going back and forth as her parents and DBSK conversed. And this was not left unnoticed. Her mother saw her trying to hide her smile whenever the leader would say something. Her eyes flicking away from him as soon as he finished talking so that she wouldn't get caught looking.

Her mother chuckled as she discreetly watched her daughter.

"Cassie has been very kind to us." Yunho complimented and Cassie's head snapped up from her very interesting bowl of macaroni soup.  "Right, guys?"  Yunho continued.  "Yes.  She's a great person to have around.  She has been very helpful."  Yoochun kindly stated.  "Ah, I'm glad.  Thank you."  She smiled.

Her parents smiled.  Even her father, who only noticed Cassie's change in behavior only now. 

"Dear, we should go to sleep now and leave these youngsters here."  Cassie's dad suggested and Cassie's mom got what he meant.  "Yes, we should, hun.  You know, we're not getting any younger.  And we cannot keep up with them even though we want to."  They got up.  "We'll go ahead first.  Feel at home, boys.  If you need anything, just tell Cassie.  Goodnight!"  With a wink, they started to walk away.

"Good night!  Thank you for taking us in!"  DBSK replied.

"Uhm, if you guys want more food...."  Cassie started.  "I do!"  Changmin raised his hand.  Promptly, food appeared in front of him.  "Shucks, Changmin!!!!"  Junsu squealed followed by his famous Eu Kyang Kyang. 

Soon, everybody was full.  Bad news was, they couldn't go to sleep yet due to full stomach.  They felt soooo sleepy as it's already 2:30am.

"What should we do?"  They wondered as they flopped down on the sofa.  They couldn't walk at the garden because it was still raining hard.  If they watched TV, they'll just fall asleep.  So, with Yoochun's suggestion, they toured the house. 

They trailed after Cassie as they went into area after area.  They had a game room that has different game consoles, a pool table, dart, game table for cards and board games, and other indoor games.  They played dart for a little while with Cassie surprising them by showing off her great darting skills.

Then they went to the kitchen, living room, music room where they saw different instruments, up to the floor where the bedrooms are, up again where the attic and roofdeck are.  Then they went down to the basement and lastly, they peeked over the balcony where they saw the large swimming pool.

"Uwwaaaa!! I wanna live here!"  Changmin exclaimed.  Cassie and his hyungs chuckled.  Yes, even Jaejoong.  Even though he slightly disliked Cassie, he must admit the girl is equipped.

After an hour of touring the house, they decided it's time to sleep. 

"Good night, Cassie."

"Sweet dreams and good night, Cassie! *eu kyang kyang*"

"Sleep tight and thanks for everything, Cassie!"

"Thanks for the food Cassie!"

The four boys entered their rooms while the leader stayed behind.

"Cassie~!"  He said.  "Hmm?"  She replied.  "I, -uh, just wanna thank you for taking care of me and my members."  He smiled sheepishly.  "No worries.  It has been fun."  She smiled back.  "Um, you're still going with us tomorrow, right?"  He asked.  "Yup!  Up to the day you guys leave. "  She answered.   "Good!  Well, uh, good night Cassie!  Sweet dreams.  Thank you, again!"  She nodded.  "You're welcome.  Good night, sweet dreams."  She waved.

Yunho, whose hand was on the doorknob, paused.  "Ah, Cassie!"  He softly called.  Cassie, whose hand was also on her door's doorknob, turned to face him.  "Yes?"  She asked.  "You, ummmmm, you look so cute in your pajamas!"  He quickly said.  And in a blink of an eye, he ran inside the room leaving Cassie with a face slowly turning like a tomato.

 

 

 

 

[A/N]  Helllloooo!!!  A new update for ya'll! Bwahahahaha. 

How's the story so far?  ^____^

How are my dear readers?

Gaah!  Just saw SuJu's comeback stage! OHMYEFFINGOSH HEECHUL!!!!

On TVXQ news, how sad Yunho and Claudia backed out from Kiss and Cry.  Oh well.  It was fun while it lasted.  :) And at least I wouldn't worry about him and her.  Hehe.

@aejae22 -  Haha! Gusto ko rin sila matulog sa bahay ko. Ohmy!  Anyway, thanks for reading! ^_^ I love your fics. Bwahahaha.

@alliekhot - THank you! Hahaha. Oo, kaloka yung fan na yun!!! Bwahahaa.

@mieyLa - Awwww. Salamaaat! That's one of my main goals.  ^_^ Thank you for appreciating it.

@onbomcorndition -  Oooops!  Here's a virtual goto. Nomnom!

@lhady_khaori- Sorry my update took so long. :(

@cherry1001 -  Thank you!! ^____^

 

 

 

PS: Sorry sa mga nagutom. PEACE! XD