Chapter 9: The Party Continues

"Friendly" Competition

            At the EXO-K table Chanyeol and Baekhyun were just sitting next to each other while waiting for the waiter to excuse them to say that they could eat. But from the looks of it, it was going to be a while before they were going to be able to get their food.

            On the inside the two boys were trying as hard as they could to not flirt with each other. Kai and Sehun were fighting like brothers again but that wasn’t anything out of the ordinary and the secondary staff was just talking to each other.

            Chanyeol sighed and looked around a little bit. When his eyes landed on the punch bowl he smirked. High school dances started to play in his head all over again. The best part was that no one would even see it coming.

            After excusing himself and getting up from his seat Chanyeol left the ballroom completely and went to a bar that was located in the hotel. Since he had some money to burn he decided that he would buy a bottle of strong alcohol.  

            Chanyeol came back to the table after buying the bottle of alcohol. Baekhyun was curious as to why there was such a big smile on Chanyeol’s face. He then looked down to the bottle that now sat on his lap. Everything made sense now.

            “Chanyeol, are you seriously going to do that here?” Baekhyun whispered softly as Chanyeol was hiding the bottle.

            “Of course I am. I am so bored right now that I have to do something. Causing trouble seemed to be the first thing that I thought of so that is exactly what I plan to do.” Chanyeol replied.

            Baekhyun rolled his eyes and scoffed. “But that just seems so old school. I thought that you would do something cooler than that.” He said.

            There was a small laugh from Chanyeol. “Baek, there are just time when you got to love the classics. No one is actually going to see this one coming. It’s such a great idea.” He said.

            After he finished his sentence, Chanyeol stood back up and was going to start walking over to the punch bowl. Before he could leave to do the prank, Baekhyun grabbed his arm and looked him straight in the eye.

            “Wait Chanyeol, you are so tall that people are going to notice you. Let me do it. I’m shorter and not many people will notice me. You just need to back me up and be on the lookout.” Baekhyun explained.

            There was a smile that appeared on Chanyeol’s face. He gave a nod and then the two boys proceeded to walk to the punch bowl. Somehow, Chanyeol managed to hide the bottle of alcohol very well in his jacket. If Baekhyun didn’t know better, he would say that Chanyeol didn’t even have it in his jacket.

            They successfully got to the punch bowl and they both looked around just a little bit. The paranoia was starting to kick in just a little bit. As they were looking around though they saw that no one was looking at them. They were all concentrating on talking to each other or going to get their food. There was just no one focused on what the two boys were doing.

            Baekhyun took one more look around and then looked over at Chanyeol. “Okay, hand me the bottle.”

            Chanyeol subtly pulled out the bottle from his jacket and handed it to Baekhyun. “Okay I think you are clear to go.”

            “Just keep watch.” Baekhyun replied. He then opened the bottle. When he let the liquid sit a little bit and then he started to slowly pour the alcohol into the bowl whole being careful not to spill any. He didn’t want it to spill and then have people notice that it’s on the counter. Plus he didn’t want any real evidence.

            There were a few close calls when it came to almost finishing the bottle there were a few close calls. When someone got close Baekhyun would quickly pull it up and hide it by his side that the person wasn’t on. Then when that person walked away Baekhyun would go back to pouring it in the punch.

            When the whole bottle was finally empty Baekhyun shook it a bit and then placed it under the table. He was sneaky enough so that no one noticed. Not even Chanyeol saw what he did with the bottle. Baekhyun then signaled Chanyeol and let him know that he was done. They both walked away from the punch bowl and saw that people from their table were standing in line for food. Seeing that, they went over to the line and stood right behind Kai and Sehun.

            Kai noticed that there were smiles on the two boys’ faces. He couldn’t help but wonder what the two boys did. “Okay what are you two up to? Those smiles on your faces can’t mean that you did anything good.”

            Chanyeol and Baekhyun looked at each other and then back at Kai. “We have no idea what you are talking about.” Chanyeol replied with a bit of sarcasm.

            Sehun looked at the two boys and scoffed while shaking his head. “If anything goes horribly wrong at this party I definitely know who to blame now.” He said.

            “That is true but at the same time at least we can expect something to happen. We can say that we were the few people that saw it coming.” Kai joked.

            “You make a good point there Kai. In that case, this could actually be really fun since no one else knows. It might even be a little entertaining.” Sehun explained.

            “That it really can. Okay Chanyeol, Baekhyun, if we fall for you prank, no matter what it is, than we won’t tell. If we don’t fall for it then you have to take the blame for every time we get in trouble for six months. Are you up for this challenge?” Kai asked intensely.

            To Baekhyun and Chanyeol it wasn’t very intense. There was a time when Kai was very pissed off and went on a rampage outside of work. So seeing this really was nothing compared to what they witnessed a few months back.

            They looked at each other and then shrugged their shoulders. It seemed easy enough since Kai and Sehun really had no idea what the two boys did as the prank. For them to fall for it was too easy. “Okay Kai, Sehun, you are so on.” Baekhyun said.

            “Okay then. Let the games begin. We have just hit the point of no return. You can’t back out now.” Sehun said.

            “Don’t worry. We don’t plan on backing out. We love a challenge.” Baekhyun replied to them.

            “Good cause we do too.” Kai said. He then looked at Sehun and they high fived each other.

            Baekhyun and Chanyeol rolled their eyes and then fist bumped each other. There was no doubt in their minds that Kai and Sehun would fall for their prank. This bet was a way too easy win.

 

~.~.~.~.~.~

 

            At the EXO-M main table, it was decently quiet. The reason why it was so quiet was because everyone was eating and there was also the fact that somehow their table was extremely gloomy. Tao seemed a little happy but there was something that was bothering him and everyone could tell. The main reason that it was gloomy however, was Chen. He was completely out of it and was dazing off the whole time. He didn’t grab much to eat and he wasn’t talking to many people. Both Luhan and Lay noticed how gloomy it was and decided to try and ignore the gloomy and try and lift the mood for themselves.

            “So the guy that was talking on the microphone earlier was the guy that you ran into at the store?” Luhan asked to confirm.

            “Yup that was definitely him. I couldn’t forget his face.” Lay said.

            Luhan nodded and laughed a little. “Well you picked a good one. He really is attractive. It’s no wonder that you have basically fallen for him.” He said.

            Lay smiled at that. But as he smiled he started to feel some pain in his back. He started wincing in pain and holding his breath. Once the pain passed he let out some air and took a breath. “Wow that was painful.” He thought out loud.

            There was concern that grew on Luhan’s face. “Lay are you feeling okay? You are starting to look a little pale.” He explained.

            “No I’m fine. I just that I’ve been worked too hard. Plus I worked overtime his week so I think that it’s all coming back to me.” Lay explained.

            Luhan raised an eyebrow and just gave him a look that said that he didn’t believe him.

            Lay picked up on it and shook his head. “I am fine. I really mean it.” He explained.

            Luhan sighed and gave up on trying to get Lay to tell him the truth. “If you say so. Anyway, are you going to ask the EXO-K manager out tonight or are you going to wait a little bit before you ask?”

            “I just might have to wait. I personally think that it’s way too soon to be asking him out. Plus we only met one other time. I think it would be too fast.” Lay explained.

            “That is very true. Well maybe just getting to know each other would be better. But speaking of relationships; Tao, when are you going to tell me who keeps making those lovely bite marks on your neck?” Luhan asked teasingly.

            “As I told you before Luhan, that is none of your business. Besides, I’m sure that if you get with that guy that you have been daydreaming about during work that he’ll do the exact same thing to you.” Tao explained.

            After hearing those words Luhan blushed like there was no tomorrow. “I don’t daydream about him during work.” He said defensively.

            Tao raised an eyebrow and smirked. “Really? Then why is it that I basically have to snap you out of a daze just to ask you a simple question?” He asked.

             “I DAYDREAM A LOT OKAY!” Luhan replied aggressively.

             Lay could only laugh at Luhan for overreacting. “Calm down Luhan. You and I both know that he does have a small point.” He explained.

            Luhan turned to face Lay and his jaw just dropped. He couldn’t believe the words he just heard. “Are you taking his side? Is that seriously what I just heard?”

            Lay rolled his eyes. “No, I am not. Let’s just go get some punch and forget that any of this even happened.”

            Luhan sighed and stood up from his chair. “Fine. I was tired of just having plain water anyway.” He replied.

            Lay just laughed and stood up from his seat as well. Luhan and he then started to make their way over to the punch bowl. When they got there Lay picked up and started to pour punch into it. He was about to take a sip out of his cup when Luhan grabbed his arm and squeezed it tightly.

             “Luhan what is wrong?” Lay asked.

             Luhan’s eyes were wide again and in shock. “He’s coming over here.” He replied softly that Lay could almost barely hear him.

             “Who is coming?” Lay asked and then looked in the general direction that Luhan was looking. He saw two boys coming towards them. They were the exact same boys from when they were outside the ballroom earlier. Lay just smirked and looked back at Luhan. “Oh that’s whose coming.”

            Luhan snapped out of the shock and face Lay. “What should I do?” He asked in a panic. He then tightened his grip on Lay’s arm.

             “Ouch! The first thing you should do is loosen your grip from around my arm.” Lay said.

            Luhan looked at Lay’s arm and then let go of it. “Oh sorry.” He replied.

             “It’s alright. Just act cool Luhan. If anything you should just start up a conversation with him. It’ll get you farther than you are now.” Lay explained.

             “Act cool. Alright I think I got it.” Luhan said and then relaxed a little. He then took in a breath and ran his hand through his hair and leaned back on the table a little as if he was posing. Lay looked at him and just rolled his eyes. He laughed a little at how clueless Luhan was. He smacked him on the arm and that caused Luhan to stop posing.

             When the other two boys came closer one of them stopped. It was Sehun. He noticed that Luhan was by the punch bowl so he proceeded to go there. There was a smile that appeared on his face. He approached the punch table and along the way he had lost Kai. He just figured that he went straight for the desserts. Just to mess with him a bit, Sehun didn’t say anything and didn’t make eye contact with Luhan until he finally got to the punch table and stood right by him.

             “So when you said you were a cashier I never imagined that you would turn out to be a cashier for EXO-M deli.” Sehun said.

             Luhan looked over at Sehun and put on a shocked look. He managed to pull off the look of surprise on his face even though he was acting the whole time. “Wow! I didn’t even know or expect you to even work for EXO-K deli.” He replied.

             “Yup. I basically make all the sandwiches there. But what I am still surprised about is that you work at EXO-M deli. I have to ask, what is it like there?” Sehun asked curiously.

             “I think that it’s nice. Everyone there is very unique. But it adds for a lot of entertainment and good times.” Luhan explained.

             At this point Lay decides to go and enter the conversation. “But Luhan and I happen to be the coolest guys there. Hi I’m Lay and I work with Luhan.” He introduced himself. He held out his hand so that Sehun could shake it.

             Sehun took Lay’s hand and shook it. He put on a smile and looked Lay right in the eyes. “It’s nice to meet you. My name is Sehun. Luhan and I actually met at a coffee shop a few weeks back.” He explained.

            Lay pretended like that was news to him even though he already knew that since that was the day that Luhan basically came just on time. Plus after that day Luhan really did start to day dream a lot and Lay could only figure that it was this boy who was the cause of it all. “Really, well that must have been quite the coincidence. Isn’t that interesting how you both just met a few weeks ago and then meet up here finding out that each other works for the rivaling deli?” He explained.

            Luhan subtly elbowed Lay in the side and then looked at him. “Yeah that is a coincidence.” He said and then hinted to Lay that he should be on his way.

            Sehun laughed and smiled. “It was a bit of a coincidence but a good one.” He said. His eyes then wandered over to Luhan who was now biting his lip and looking away.

            Lay took in a deep breath and smiled. Then he looked over and Luhan and winked at him. “I think I’ll go sit back down. It was really nice meeting you Sehun. Maybe we can talk again sometime soon.” He said.

            “Yeah maybe. It was nice meeting you too Lay.” Sehun replied.

            After Lay was gone Luhan looked over at Sehun and smiled. “So, you are in charge of making all the sandwiches?” He asked for confirmation.

            “Yeah. I get to show off a bit of creativity that way. I can make different types of sandwiches and see if people like them at all. Plus the people I work with are pretty cool.” Sehun explained.

            “That sounds interesting. Lay also makes the sandwiches in our deli but I don’t think that he’s as passionate as you are when it comes to new creations.” Luhan explained.

            “Oh I see.” Sehun replied.

            The two stood there awkwardly for a couple more seconds. They just didn’t know what to say to each other. Just to break away a little bit of awkwardness Sehun grabbed himself a cup and started to pour some punch into it. After he poured a decent amount into his cup he took a sip.

            When he took the sip he winced. “That just doesn’t taste right at all. Have you tried the punch yet?” Sehun asked.

            Luhan observed the punch. “I haven’t yet. Why is it too bland?” He asked.

            Luhan then grabbed a cup and started to pour himself some punch. He put the cup up to his lips and started to gulp the punch down. When he finally swallowed the last few gulps there was a burning that started to fill his throat. He then started to cough and turn a bit red.

            “Wow what is in that punch.” Luhan asked.

            Sehun took another sip and sighed. “Dammit Chanyeol and Baekhyun. I can’t believe that I fell for this.” He looked around a little and noticed Kai starting to walk over. “Kai, I fell for it. The punch is spiked.”

            Kai’s eyes widened. “Seriously? Man I was looking forward to getting away with some pranks.” He said.

            “Wait, the punch is what?” Luhan asked.

            “It’s spiked. I really hope that no one who is a light weight tries this. This stuff is actually really strong.” Sehun said.

            Luhan nodded and then put on a fake smile. “I hope not. Well please excuse me. I have to get back to my table.” He said and then left. He wanted to get out of there because the truth was that he was a mega light weight.

 

~.~.~.~.~.~

 

            Lay made it back to his table and saw that Chen had a bit more life in him now. Not too much but just a little. The thing Lay noticed though was that Chen had his eyes set on the food line. The only thing that he could have been looking at was Xiumin. Those two had been acting so strange towards each other lately. They acted like they didn’t even know each other.

            Tao was way more lively than before. He was talking with some of the secondary staff members and he just looked happier. A smile appeared on Lay’s face when he saw that Tao seemed much happier. He took a sip of the punch and felt the kick right away.

            “Whoa!” He said loudly. Everyone at his table looked towards him with concern and curiosity in their eyes.

            “Are you okay Lay?” One of the secondary staff workers asked.

            Lay took in a breath and nodded. “Yeah, I was just not ready for that. I think that this punch has seriously been spiked.” He explained.

            “Is it really?” Tao asked as he grabbed Lay’s cup. He took a sip and his eyes grew wide. “Yup that is spiked. I really don’t recommend any of you to drink that. It is just way too strong for anyone.”

            As he was recovering from the surprise attack, Lay stood up and started to make his way over to the head table. It wasn’t that he was a light weight or anything like that but that was just some strong alcohol and for someone who was a light weight to drink that would cause them the get seriously drunk. There was no way that he was going to let that many people get drunk.

            When he got to the head table he saw Kris sitting next to Suho. Seeing Suho made his heart skip a beat. He was starting to get a little nervous. But he gained the courage to go walk over to the table and speak to Kris.

            Lay walked up to Kris and stood behind him and Suho. “I’m really sorry to disturb you gentlemen but we have a bit of a situation.

            Kris sighed and looked up at Lay. There was an irritated look on his face. “Lay I really can’t deal with any of your problems right now.” He said.

            Lay rolled his eyes. “Well this isn’t really my problem but it’s very important boss. Someone has actually spiked the punch bowl.”

            Kris looked at Lay for a second. After waiting a few seconds he started to laugh. “Okay that is a really good one Lay. Seriously, who would spike punch at an official company party? This is not a high school prom.”

            “As much as I agree with you Kris, Lay sounds serious.” Suho said.

            “I am serious. Boss, I can prove it to you.” Lay explained with seriousness in his face.

            Suho looked at him and then back at Kris. “You can even prove it? So someone really has just spiked the punch?” He asked.

            Kris sighed and tried to calm down a bit. “I should actually probably introduce you to each other. Lay this is the manager of EXO-K deli Suho. Suho this is Lay. He makes the sandwiches in our deli.” He said.

            “Actually we have already met.” Suho said.

            That surprised Kris. “Really? How is it that you two have met before without me knowing about it?” He asked.

            “We actually met at the grocery store. After that day we have been acquainted. So that day when I lost the game is when we met. It’s actually a good thing that I lost now that I think about it. That way I can become closer to the competition.” Lay joked.

            Suho smiled and Kris saw that there was a bit of a twinkle in his eyes. There was a smirk that appeared and then he looked over at Lay. Suho was about to say something but they were interrupted by someone who was already a bit drunk.

           “LAY!!! I’ve been looking for you everywhere.” Luhan said in a very drunken voice.

            Lay could smell the alcohol in his breath. “Luhan are you okay?” He asked even though he already knew that Luhan was a light weight.

            Luhan hiccupped and wrapped his arm around Lay’s shoulders. “I have no idea why you are asking me that Lay. I am totally fine. I just feel a little funny after drinking some of that punch. I think it must be old or something because it just tasted so weird.” He said.

            Lay laughed and then looked at Kris. “And here is your living breathing proof Kris. Is this good enough for you or do you need to try a cup for yourself?” He asked.

            Kris scoffed and started to grind his teeth. This definitely was something that he didn’t want to deal with at the beginning of the party. But from the look on his face everyone could tell that he was extremely irritated. Luhan noticed the look on his face and started to pout. “Why are you so sad boss? Turn that frown upside down.” He said with aegyo.

            There was a little bit of a glare towards Luhan from Kris. But he was trying to be understanding about the whole situation. “Luhan, don’t embarrass me in front of my boss.” He said calmly hoping that Luhan still had a bit of sanity left in him.

            Luhan looked at Mr. Lambert who was still talking to Siwon. They were in a deep conversation when Luhan was smiling and started to walk up to them.

            “Luhan what are you doing?” Kris asked softly but in a bit of a panic.

            When Luhan finally reached Mr. Lambert, Siwon, and Younho and started to make a round motion at his side with his hand in his fist. “Ayy Mr. Boss man! Can I buy you a drank?” He said.

            There was complete confusion on Mr. Lambert’s face. He had no idea what was happening. Suho and Lay were trying so hard not to laugh. But there were times when it felt like they were going to burst. Kris had his hand in a fist and held it against his head.

            “Lay I remember telling you guys to behave and stay out of trouble. You said you understood that.” Kris said.

            “We understood it boss but we didn’t make any promises.” Lay replied with a giggle in his voice.

            “Whatever, just please get him away from me before I kill him and make sure that no one ever finds him ever again.” Kris explained.

            Lay stopped laughing and walked over to Luhan. “Okay Luhan let’s get going. I think that the dessert is out now.” He said.

            When he heard dessert, Luhan had a giant smile on. “I love dessert. Let’s go get some Lay!” He said and then ran off. Lay then continued laughing.

            After he couldn’t see them anymore Kris sighed and rubbed his forehead. “I’m sorry that happened to you Mr. Lambert. I really didn’t see that one coming at all.” He apologized.

            Mr. Lambert just started to laugh along with Suho who was still trying hard not to just burst out laughing. “That is quiet alright Kris. You really don’t even need to apologize. It was quite funny. But before that happens to anyone else I suggest you go handle the alcohol situation.” He explained.

            Suho stopped laughing and caught his breath. “Of course. Kris let’s go sort this whole thing out.” He said. Kris sighed and went to go sort things out.

            Kris tasted the punch himself and notified the ballroom staff about it. He then did some investigating and actually found the bottle of alcohol stuffed under the table. Suho made the announcement of the punch being spiked and warned the people that did it that if they find them, they were in big trouble. But besides that, everyone was still having a good time at the party.

 

~.~.~.~.~.~

 

            Everyone was now finished eating and Kris was about to start the games. Since all the games were completely optional Chen decided that it would be best to sit out. He knew that everyone was just going to manage to make fools out of themselves. Especially since Kris was the one in charge of all the games. That was asking to see people embarrass themselves.

            There was something bothering Chen though. When he looked over at the buffet line and saw Xiumin talking to some girl. For some reason, seeing that irritated Chen more than he imagined it ever would. Xiumin talking to that girl just made him grind his teeth.

            Xiumin walked over to Jessica who was the owner of Sica’s catering. She was also a really good friend of Xiumin’s. “Jessica I have to say that the food tonight was awesome.” He complimented.

            Jessica smiled when she heard that. “Thanks Xiumin. That really means a lot to me. I’m glad that you liked it.” She said.

            “I should be thanking you. I know that it was pretty last minute and for you to fit us right in was just great.” Xiumin replied.

            “Oh it really was no problem. I’m just glad that I was the one you decided to ask.” Jessica said.

            “Oh please. Anything to help out a friend.” Xiumin replied.

            Jessica giggled a little and put on her famous smile. Chen could see her smile from across the room. On the inside he started to boil. Seeing her smile and giggle with Xiumin just annoyed him so much. It annoyed him so much that he stood up from his seat and walked over to the two.

            Chen grabbed Xiumin’s wrist and looked at him. Xiumin was surprised to see him. “Please excuse us. I need to talk to Xiumin.” He said and started to drag Xiumin away.

            Xiumin was not leaving easily though. He was fighting Chen the whole time. But there was no way that he was getting away because Chen had a really tight grip around his wrist. As much as he was struggling to get away he just couldn’t do it.

            In the end Chen pulled Xiumin out of ballroom and into a closet that was vacant at the moment. When they entered the closet Chen closed the door and locked it. Xiumin was starting to grow really angry.

            "What the hell Chen.” He said with a loud voice.

            “I should be asking you that! Ever since I told you I was quitting you have been ignoring me. You won’t even look at me in the kitchen.” Chen yelled.

            “I’ve been ignoring you because you are going to leave. I might as well get used to you not being there since you plan on quitting anyway.” Xiumin replied.

            “I’m not even gone yet! You are treating me like I’m not even there. You sometimes even act like I’m a complete stranger. We are best friends Xiumin. What happened?” Chen yelled again.

            “Best friends don’t hurt each other Chen! That’s what happened. I was hurt when you told me that you were quitting. It’s like you didn’t even consider how I felt. I almost felt like you were quitting because of me.” Xiumin explained.

            “It’s not because of you Xiumin. But it was just as hard for me to tell you that as it was for you to hear it.” Chen replied.

            “Well obviously it wasn’t hard enough since you really didn’t show any emotion when you said it.” Xiumin said.

            That hit a really big nerve. Chen started to grind his teeth again. “You truly don’t know how hard it was.” He said angrily.

            “Well how am I supposed to know when you never show me or tell me what you are feeling?” Xiumin shot back at him.

            “So you want me to show you how I feel?” Chen asked loudly.

            “Yes, that would be a start!” Xiumin shouted.

            “You really want me to show you what I am feeling right now?” Chen asked again aggressively.

            “YES!” Xiumin screamed.

            “Fine!” Chen said and did the unbelievable.

            Chen pushed Xiumin to the wall and grabbed his face. He leaned in and started to kiss him passionately. At first Xiumin was really fighting him. He was fighting for Chen to let him go but in the end, Xiumin started to melt into Chen’s kiss. Xiumin started to lose control of his body. Xiumin felt his arms go limp and start to wrap around Chen’s neck. As he did that he also started to kiss Chen back.

            After kissing for a little while longer Chen pulled away and looked Xiumin in the eyes. “Now you know what I feel. Anger, sadness, and something that I can’t even explain towards you. I just can’t get you out of my head Xiumin.”

            Xiumin kept looking deep into Chen’s eyes. He then started to smile. “Thank you.” He replied. He then started to grab Chen’s collar and pull him in for another kiss.

 

~.~.~.~.~.~

 

            In the ballroom the third game had just finished and Tao started to make his way out of the ballroom and towards the lobby. Kris was looking around the ballroom for Xiumin for a few minutes.

            When Kris finally found Xiumin just entering the ballroom he was relieved. “Xiumin come over here please. I need you to take care of these next two games for me.” He said into the microphone.

            Xiumin’s attention went straight over to Kris. He then walked up to the stage immediately after being called up there. When he reached Kris he looked around the stage and saw all the props on the side. “So what games are we doing next?” He asked.

            Kris looked down and tried to remember the rest of the games that he has. “Okay first is the relay and then it’s the extreme charades. That should be it.” He said.

            Xiumin was shocked when he heard the games. “How is it that people are still playing these games? I really hate the relay.” He explained.

            Kris smirked. “Exactly. I chose all the games that each member of our main staff hates.” He admitted.

            Xiumin looked around and see who was playing. Everything made sense now as to why no one from their deli was playing. “So that is why everyone from our deli isn’t playing. I should have figured.”

            “Well if you look close enough Luhan is playing. But then again he is so drunk right now that he probably believes that he loves every single game that we’ve played so far. He may be even so far gone that you could tell him that he could fly and he just might believe you.” Kris explained.

            Xiumin smiled and laughed a bit. “That seems like the case. But anyway I’ll take over this for you. That’s no problem.”

            “Thanks. I appreciate this.” Kris said.

            “Yeah I know.” Xiumin said and then turned to grab the props. When he turned his head Kris saw a red mark on his neck.

            “Xiumin did something bite you? Your neck is red.” Kris said.

            Xiumin held his neck for a second and then started to scratch it. “I think a mosquito got me. I’ll be fine. You go and do your thing.” He said.

            “Okay thanks again.” Kris said and then got off the stage. He made his way over to the door and started to head off to the lobby.

            Tao was waiting in the lobby patiently when Kris finally came around the corner. Tao looked up and saw Kris coming his way. He smiled and then met him halfway. Kris looked at Tao and stopped right in front of him.

            “Sorry, I had to find Xiumin so he could take over the games for me. I hope that I didn’t keep you waiting for too long.” Kris apologized.

            Tao shook his head. “No I wasn’t waiting too long. I’m just glad that you didn’t forget about me. If you did forget then you would have apologized for that. Big time.” He joked a little.

            Kris laughed. “I wouldn’t forget about you. You are too important to me. But since we are here, come with me. There is something that I really want to show you. I think that you are really going to like it.” He said and grabbed Tao’s arm to lead him out of the lobby.

            After they walked quite a bit, Kris led Tao to a pond with rocks surrounding it along with a mini waterfall. In the pond there were various types of fish in the pond but there were mostly coy fish in there. The moon was also full in the clear sky and that caused there to be a nice lighting on the pond. In general it was just a romantic setting.

            “Wow this is all very beautiful. It must have taken a lot of planning and time to have made this. I mean, this is just absolutely amazing. The moon even adds a nice light to it.” Tao explained.

            “I think it took them a year and a half if I remember correctly. I can’t exactly remember. But I’m glad that you like it.” Kris replied. He then started to slide his hand into Tao’s and interlocked their fingers.

            Tao started to blush. “Are you sure you want to do that? You’re not worried that someone will see us together holding hands? I thought you were worried about people finding out about us.” He said.

            Kris shook his head. “I’m not worried about it now. Everyone is in the ballroom right now eating or playing games. We are pretty much the only ones out here at the moment.” He explained.

            Tao sighed. “That is true. So what else do you want to do?” He asked.

            Kris turned to face Tao and smiled. “Well it’s been a few hours since we’ve been alone together so we can just-.” He cut off his own sentence since he was leaning into Tao and then finally kissed him.

            The kiss started to become more passionate between the two. The couple started to wrap their arms around each other and bring their bodies closer together. To them, for just a few minutes, they were the only two alive.

            When they pulled apart for air Kris looked Tao right in the eyes. “You know, I rented a room for tonight here. If you want to stay with me tonight you can.” He explained.

            Tao giggled. “Is that even safe for us? I mean, we’ve had some close calls when it comes to how far we go.” He explained.

            Kris smirked. “Don’t worry there are two beds and I won’t try anything. I promise you that.” He said and then gave Tao a soft kiss on the lips.

            “I guess but I also don’t have any clothes.” Tao said.

            “There is a store nearby where you can buy clothes and other necessities that you might need. I have everything planned out for you.” Kris explained and then started to kiss Tao’s neck.

            Tao had to stop Kris. “Kris I rather you not do that. Luhan and Lay are going to notice again and start to get suspicious.” He explained.

            “Oh please. Luhan is so far gone. He is so drunk.” Kris said.

            “True but Lay is perfectly fine and if he notices than he going to tell Luhan when he gets sober.” Tao reasoned.

            Kris sighed and then nodded. “I guess you have a point. Anyway, do you want to stay over tonight?” He asked.

            Tao really thought about it and nodded. “The party is going to end pretty late and I wouldn’t want to bother anyone for a ride home so late at night.” He explained.

            “Exactly.” Kris said and then kissed Tao again. They were so passionate about each other that they didn’t even notice that someone from the party was watching them.

 

~.~.~.~.~.~

 

            Back in the ballroom Kyungsoo was just sitting at the main table and observing everyone to see how they were doing. It was kind of second nature for Kyungsoo to see if everyone was happy with what was going on. It was just the way he always was and everyone loved him for it. 

            Suho came back to the table as well after dealing with a few things that had to do with the DJ. When he sat down he looked tired. He took a sip of his water and then looked over at Kyungsoo.

            “So I haven’t really checked back up with you about how it’s going with Kai.” Suho said.

            Kyungsoo looked at Suho and then cleared his throat. He didn’t see that coming though he really should have. “It’s going good. We’ve been on a few dates and it’s actually been really nice.” He replied.

            Suho just stared at Kyungsooo and then smiled. “You really like him don’t you?”

            There was pure shock on Kyungsoo’s face. “I-I, I don’t know. I mean I enjoy being with him and everything.” He said.

            Suho put a hand on Kyungsoo’s shoulder. “I think that you like him more than you think you do. I can tell that he really likes you and would do anything for at this moment. But you need to start opening up to him more Kyungsoo. If you do that, then I think that you can be truly happy with him.” He explained.

            Kyungsoo really took in what Suho just said. There had been times where he really closed himself off and wouldn’t tell Kai anything or would just be very broad with him. Plus the whole time that they were together he would show minimal affection towards him. They would kiss each other once in a while but besides that there wasn’t much. After thinking about it though, Kyungsoo decided he was going to be more open towards Kai. He was going to try harder to actually act like a boyfriend.

            “Alright everyone I got the go ahead to open up the dance floor. So all you party people come on out.” The DJ announced.

            Luhan screamed in excitement causing a lot of people to laugh. “That boy is so drunk that it’s almost ridiculous.” Kyungsoo thought out loud.

            “Yeah but he’s Kris’ problem. I can only imagine what he’s going to feel later when the alcohol wears off.” Suho explained.

            Kyungsoo laughed. “He’s going to be in so much pain.” He replied and then looked out at the dance floor. Kai and Sehun were already out there together. Kyungsoo figured that would happen. But a lot of the secondary staff was already out there too along with a lot of workers from EXO-M deli.

            The song that was playing was “Maxstep” by Younique Unit. Most of the people were just minor dancing but Kai was going all out. He really started to get some attention by doing that.

            “Hey you have some really nice moves.” Lay said as he approached Kai.

            “Thanks.” Kai replied. Sehun then came up to him and gave him a high five.

            Things started to get a little competitive when Luhan came alone and started to brag. “You know Lay is one of the best dancers around. He’s in a dance crew and everything.” He said.

            Kai seemed to be very impressed after hearing that. “Is that so?” He asked.

            “Well I am in a dance crew but I wouldn’t say that I’m the best dancer around. I just do it as a hobby.” Lay explained.

            “Well I’m curious to see what you got.” Kai replied. He made his way over to the DJ. “Hey man, can you play something with a beat? We’re going to have ourselves a dance battle tonight.”

            The DJ nodded and smiled. “You got it Kai. Hey everyone we got a dance off here tonight!” He announced.

            There was a bunch of cheering from everyone when they heard that. Lay glared at Luhan. “When you are sober I am going to kill you.” He said.

            “You got this Lay. I have faith in you.” Luhan replied.

            As much as he didn’t want to do the dance off Lay just sighed and got over it. The DJ started to play “Money in the Building” by M.I.B. Then everyone started to make a circle around Kai and Lay. It was a bit interesting because the circle was split in half by deli.

            Kai had the first move and started dancing. Everyone was clapping and cheering for him. Lay was starting to feel competitive from all the cheering. When it was his turn he used some tricks in his book. People started to really cheer for him too. It started to seem like they were equal in dancing talent as they went back and forth.

            After going back and forth a few times both Lay and Kai had decided to pick one other person to use as a partner. Kai had obviously chosen Sehun to help him out. Lay had chosen Tao to be his partner. Usually he would pick Luhan since they were so close but since he was a bit drunk he had to pick Tao. Not that it truly matter because Tao was the better dancer and Lay was feeling very competitive. Both teams were dancing excellently. They were doing so well that in the end it was decided that it was a draw.

            “It was Lay right?” Kai asked after the dance. He then held out a hand for a shake.

            Lay shook Kai’s hand and nodded. “That’s right. You are an excellent dancer Kai.” He replied.

            “Thanks. You’re not too bad yourself.” Kai replied and then looked back at Kyungsoo. “Come with me.”

            Lay was confused but then he followed Kai out of the crowd and saw that Suho was sitting where Kai was headed. He swallowed and then made his way over there.

            When Kai showed up Kyungsoo looked so happy. “Hey Kai. Are you having fun?” He asked.

            “I am. Guys this is Lay from EXO-M deli. He is such an amazing dancer. I’m sure that if I let my guard down that he definitely would have beaten me.” Kai explained.   

            “Is that so? You must be a really good dancer if that is coming from Kai.” Suho replied.

            Lay swallowed. “I’m okay. There is nothing special about my dancing.” He said.

            Kai just snickered. “Stop with the false modesty. After seeing you out there tonight, you were amazing.” He said and then pat Lay on the back.

            Lay winced in pain but no one noticed. He cleared his throat to cover up for the pain. “Man I am so thirsty.” He thought out loud.

            Suho heard that and handed him a cup of ice tea that he get around to drinking yet. “I didn’t drink any of it so you can have it. Besides you probably need it more than I do.” He said.

             “Oh thank you.” Lay said and drank the ice tea. It was very refreshing.

             Kyungsoo was observing Kai and saw that he was sweating a lot. Kyungsoo stood up and grabbed a paper napkin and started to wipe the sweat off Kai’s face. There was such a confused look on Kai’s face since he had no idea why Kyungsoo was wiping his face.

            “Don’t say anything. I just don’t think that people want to be around someone who is sweating a waterfall.” He said softly.

            Kai smiled and shook his head a little. “Thanks babe.” He whispered so that only Kyungsoo could hear.

            There was a blush that started to fill Kyungsoo’s cheeks. He was about to say something but Kris came up to the whole group. “How’s everyone doing?” He asked.

            Xiumin then came up and smiled. “Hey guys. That was an awesome dance off. Too bad it was a tie though.”

            “It was a tie? Man our deli’s just seem to be too equal.” Suho said.

            “It’s okay, we all know that EXO-M deli is better.” Kris said.

            Suho raised an eyebrow. “I highly doubt that. Besides when we worked together at that one restaurant, the manager there liked my idea’s better.”

            Kris was shocked. “Did you really just go there?” He asked. Suho only smirked. “Well at least I didn’t fall for every prank that the crew set up.”

            Suho held his breath and sighed. “Touché.” Was all that he could say.

            “Okay guys, we still have a few hours left of the party. Let’s actually try to enjoy ourselves here.” Kyungsoo said.

            Everyone then started to break off again and do different activities. For the rest of the party the dance floor was filled and people were socializing. There were even some feelings that were revealed. Over all, this party was very eventful. There was no telling what would happen after the party though.

 

A/N: Okay guys this chapter is finally out. The effects of the party are coming up next. There are a few juicy things that happen in the upcoming chapters so stay tuned. Thank you for being so patient with me when it comes to uploading. I've been a bit busy. Okay hope you guys liked it :) Thank you to all my subscribers. Oh how was EXO's new song. The dance was amazing but the song was a bit...different.