Chapter 8: The Party Begins

"Friendly" Competition

            It was around six pm and the first people to show up were Suho and Kris. Suho wanted to make sure that everything looked okay and that everything was set up nicely. Kris only came early because Suho wanted him to be there early and he wasn’t going to go against him. So he showed up when Suho told him to in a suit with a tie. Suho also came wearing a suit and a tie.

            When Suho walked into the ballroom and saw it, he was filled with glee. It was decorated to the exact way that he wanted. On the inside he was so proud of Baekhyun and Chanyeol for putting up the decorations and everything all in time and so beautifully. Kris walked in soon after and saw all the decorations. He let off a nod and looked very pleased.

            “Wow, this place looks pretty good. Did you do this all yourself?” Kris asked with a curious tone.

            Suho shook his head. “No my employees did. I do have to agree that this all looks really good. They did a good job.”

            Kris nodded again and then looked at his watch. “So, it’s an hour before the actual party starts. What are we going to do in that time?”

            Suho sighed. He really didn’t know what they were going to do for an hour. But as he looked around he started to get a few ideas. “Well it looks like the DJ still needs to come and I think the food is on its way so when those things come we can deal with it. But until then you can just hang out. If you want you could also set up the games while you are waiting.” He explained.

            Hearing all that caused Kris to just sigh. “I guess that is something that I could do. It’ll definitely kill time.”

            Suho nodded and started to remember something. “Kris I forgot to ask you, is your whole staff coming tonight?”

            Kris thought about if he told the whole staff that they had to come. But then he decided that even if he told them or not that if they didn’t come that they would just have to do a bunch of extra work around the deli. “Well they all seemed so excited about coming to the party tonight so I assume that they are all coming. What about your staff?” He asked.

            “I’m sure that they are all coming. I think I made the message pretty clear that they were all supposed to come. If they don’t come I just might end up killing them when they come to work.” Suho explained.

            The two managers started to laugh and then looked around. Kris smiled and then went off to go set up his games. On the inside Suho was ecstatic to hear that the whole staff of EXO-M was probably going to be there. There was so much happiness in knowing that the reason why he thought up of this party with Kyungsoo was coming.

 

~.~.~.~.~.~

 

            Around a half hour later Kyungsoo and Kai had both showed up at the hotel. In order to avoid people getting suspicious and talking they decided to take two different cars. However, they did plan on coming at the same time. They wanted it to look like a coincidence.

            “Kyungsoo!” Kai yelled in the parking lot. He then ran up to the other boy who was in the front of the parking lot.

            Kyungsoo turned around and saw Kai running up to him. As Kai started to get closer his heart started to flutter. As fresh as their relationship was the fluttering of his heart really felt so strange to him. But in a way he really liked it when Kai made his heart flutter.

            When Kai was finally right in front of him Kyungsoo put on a smile. Kai smiled back and noticed that Kyungsoo was now starting to observe him. There was a little laugh that Kyungsoo let out when he saw Kai’s tie.

            “Kai, your tie is really off. You are how old and you still don’t know how to put on a tie?” Kyungsoo asked.

            Kai looked down at his tie and observed it for a little bit. He then looked up at Kyungsoo and sighed. “Is it really that bad?” He asked.

            Kyungsoo laughed again and shook his head. “Just a little. Here let me help you out with it.” He replied.

            “Thanks.” Kai replied and let go of the tie so that Kyungsoo could fix it.

            After nodding Kyungsoo started to untie the tie so that he could fix it. Kyungsoo measured both sides of the tie and then started to retie it correctly. Kai just watched the shorter boy tie the tie for him. He couldn’t help but smile as he watched him.

            When Kyungsoo was finished he smiled at his work. He then dusted off Kai’s shoulders and nodded. “There you go. It looks so much better. You should really start to learn how to put on a tie properly.”

            “Why would I have to learn how to tie a tie when I have you to help me?” Kai asked rhetorically with a flirt in his voice.

            After hearing those words, it made Kyungsoo blush like crazy. He couldn’t really look Kai in the eyes after that. He was just way to embarrassed to do anything. “That is true, but if we ever break up then you’re going to have to do it yourself and we both know how that turned out.” He explained.

            Kai sighed and then looked at Kyungsoo with a serious face. “Well do you plan on breaking up with me anytime soon?” He asked.

            Kyungsoo looked up and looked Kai in the eyes again. The seriousness in Kai’s voice had startled him. Just the thought of breaking up with Kai right now scared Kyungsoo. It was true that he didn’t know how he felt about their relationship but he definitely knew that he didn’t want to break up. “No, I don’t plan on breaking up with you at all.”

            The expression on Kai’s face turned back to cheerful. He was smiling again and he had joy in his eyes again. “Then I really have nothing to worry about.” He replied.

            With the stunt Kai just pulled Kyungsoo was a bit irritated now. He hated to be played like that. “Whatever.” He replied.

            Kai smiled and then started to look around a little bit. As he was looking around he saw that no one was really paying any attention. He then looked back at Kyungsoo and looked him deep inside his eyes. Then he looked at Kyungsoo’s lips and back into his eyes. Then he leaned in and gave him a quick and soft kiss on the lips.

            When their lips parted Kyungsoo had a shocked look on his face. He was just so surprised that Kai would kiss him out in the open. There was a lot of anger that started to build inside of Kyungsoo but there was mostly embarrassment that hit him. He touched his lips and then looked Kai in the eyes.

            “What are you doing?” Kyungsoo asked and then hit Kai in the arm angrily. It wasn’t a soft punch but it wasn’t extremely hard either.

            “OW! What was that for? No one was looking I promise. I am way more careful than you are giving me credit for.” Kai said defensively.

            Kyungsoo rolled his eyes and then sighed in relief. “Don’t surprise me like that. Next time just warn me when you plan on doing that out in the public.” He said with irritation.

            Kai could only laugh at how cute Kyungsoo was being. “You are such a worry wart. You don’t need to worry about these things when no one is really around. Besides, I know that when it’s just the two of us that you like being surprised.” He replied.

            There was a blush that started to grow in Kyungsoo’s cheeks. “I can’t believe you.” He said and started to walk off.

            Kai rushed after and grabbed his arm. Kyungsoo turned around and then Kai grabbed his cheeks. “I’m sorry. The real reason why I kissed you is because I don’t think that I could have survived that party without kissing you just once. So, I thought that I would do it now so that I could hold myself back. I just want to be able to resist the temptation.”

            After hearing the explanation, Kyungsoo just couldn’t really stay mad at Kai. Kai’s intentions were for the better and Kyungsoo now knew that. Besides, he already knew that Kai really loved being with him whenever they were together on a date or eating. Whenever both of them were free, Kai would always want to hang out with him. If Kyungsoo was busy with something than Kai would respect that and leave him alone. But when they were both free Kyungsoo could never reject to go out with him. In a way, Kai was like a little puppy.

            A sigh left Kyungsoo as he really started to calm down a little more. He was trying to understand why Kai did that and accept what he was saying. He took in a deep breath and decided to just forget everything. “I guess you are right. We should probably get to the ballroom. Suho wanted me to be there early and I really think that he’s going to be mad at me. I have to help greet everyone when they come.”

            “Okay. I guess we should be getting going then. I don’t want you to get in trouble because I kept you. Let’s go.” Kai replied. He and Kyungsoo then walked together and started to start minor conversation to look like they coincidently arrived at the same time.

 

~.~.~.~.~.~

 

            Chanyeol pulled into the hotel parking lot with Baekhyun sleeping in the passenger’s seat. When they were both in Chanyeol’s apartment they didn’t get much rest. It didn’t help that they had basically started to make out for most of the time they were there. After they did that they managed to fall asleep for a few hours but to them it felt way too short. In the end when they were getting ready Chanyeol decided that he wasn’t as tired as Baekhyun. Baekhyun had done most of the work anyway so he offered to drive.

            When Chanyeol put the car in park and turned off the engine he looked over and Baekhyun and started to put on his famous smile. After taking off his seat belt he took in a deep breath. He then started to lean over towards Baekhyun and kiss him on the temple. Baekhyun stirred a little and slightly opened his eyes.

            “Baek baby, we’re here. It’s time for you to wake up.” Chanyeol said delicately and softly.

            Baekhyun just groaned and wiped his eyes. He then sat up and started to look at his surroundings since he wanted to make sure that they were actually at the hotel. “What time is it right now?” He asked.

            “It’s time for you to get up and start getting pumped for this amazing party that is about to start.” Chanyeol said excitedly.

            Baekhyun groaned again and leaned back against the chair looking like he was about to fall asleep. “Three more minutes.”

            Chanyeol rolled his eyes and started to tickle Baekhyun. That was the only way that he knew he could wake Baekhyun up. There were giggles and laughs. “Come on get up.” Chanyeol said.

            Baekhyun sat up and kept laughing. “Okay I’m up I’m up.” He replied.

            Chanyeol stopped tickling Baekhyun and smiled. “Finally. Now we got to go to the ballroom to see if Suho liked what we did with the place.” He explained.

            When Baekhyun heard that he got really excited. He forgot that they basically had to see Suho’s reaction to the place. That was the main reason why they took on the task of decorating the whole place. They thought that Suho was a great boss and to repay him they just went with decorating the whole ballroom.

            The energy started to build inside Baekhyun again and then he was excited for the party again. “Okay I am awake now and I am ready to party.” He said.

            “Good. Now should we get going to the ballroom?” Chanyeol asked.

            “Of course! That’s why we are here! Besides, the party can’t really start without us there. It would be so boring if we weren’t there.” Baekhyun said.

            Chanyeol laughed at that. Baekhyun was surely back to normal. “If you say so.” He said with a giggle in voice.

            The two boys opened the car doors and got out. Chanyeol walked around to the other side of the car to meet up with Baekhyun. When he walked up to the shorter boy he looked him in the eyes. There seemed to be a sparkle in both the boy’s eyes. Chanyeol cupped Baekhyun’s cheeks and leaned in for a kiss.

            When their lips touched, it was just heart stopping. Baekhyun felt like all time had stopped for just the two of them. It was just the perfect moment for the two of them. So when Chanyeol pulled away first Baekhyun decided to sneak in one more kiss.

            After letting out a small laugh Chanyeol wrapped his arms around Baekhyun and pulled him close. Baekhyun smiled and put his head on Chanyeol’s chest. There was just so much comfort there for Baekhyun. Chanyeol took a deep breath and inhaled his boyfriend’s sweet scent.

            Chanyeol kissed the top of Baekhyun’s head. “I have to have this time with you now because once we step into that ball room I won’t be able to hold you for the next few hours.” He explained.

            Baekhyun let out a sigh after realizing that what Chanyeol said was true. “Unfortunately that is true. How am I going to survive all those hours without being able to really hold or kiss you?” He asked in a bit of a baby voice.

            “You will survive. If you can do it at work then you can definitely do it at this party. It’s only a few hours.” Chanyeol said.

            Baekhyun looked up at Chanyeol with very soft eyes. “Can I really be honest with you?” He asked innocently.

            That question really confused Chanyeol because there was countless times where Chanyeol told Baekhyun that he could tell him anything. “Baek, you can tell me anything. You can be honest with me.” He said.

            “I can barely get through the day without kissing you for all those hours. There are even times at work where I just can’t handle it if you are too far away from me.” Baekhyun admitted.

            There was a bit of surprise of Chanyeol’s face but the thing that was mostly there was happiness. He liked knowing that Baekhyun felt so much towards him. Chanyeol smiled and giggled a bit. “You are so cute. I’m glad that you admitted that to me. I do have to say that there are times that I feel the same way. But I’m sure that we can do it. Just a few hours.”

            There was a sad look on Baekhyun’s face. “I guess so.” He replied.

            “Hey cheer up. We are about to party like crazy. Come on let’s go.” Chanyeol said with such a big smile of his face. Baekhyun smiled after seeing Chanyeol’s smiling faces and then they started to walk off together holding hands.

            On their way to the ballroom Suho had just come out of the ballroom itself. When they saw him they immediately dropped their hands and put their arms at their sides and tried to look natural. They both sighed a bit when they did that.

            Suho looked over and saw the two boys walking over towards the ballroom. “Oh there you two boys are. I was waiting for you two. You guys did an amazing job with all the decorations.” He praised.

            The two boys were now excited. “Thanks boss. We really hoped and prayed that you liked it. Think of it as thanks for being such a great boss.” Chanyeol replied.

            Suho was touched. “Thanks guys. I know it was a lot of hard work. But I want to let you know that it paid off. Everyone who has come so far has really loved what you guys have done with the place. But the biggest thing is that they love the center pieces.”

            “That’s awesome! Well I think that we are going to go inside to see people’s reactions ourselves.” Baekhyun said and then walked with Chanyeol into the ballroom.

 

~.~.~.~.~.~

 

            Luhan and Lay arrived at the hotel at around six forty-five. Luhan had offered to give Lay a ride there since Chen had seemed to be very gloomy for the past week. They figured something happened that Chen wasn’t talking about. But seeing that Chen was full of negative energy Lay just didn’t want to ask him for the ride. Luhan in the end ended up offering the ride.

            “How do I look?” Luhan asked as both of the boys stood behind the car.

            Lay observed Luhan and smiled. “I think you look stunning. How about me?” He asked.

            Luhan looked over at Lay and put two thumbs up. “You look awesome.” He said. Then they both smiled and started to make their way over to the ballroom. As they were walking Luhan decided to start a conversation. “So do you think that you’ll be able to talk to the manager of EXO-K deli tonight?”

            “I sure hope so. I’ve been looking forward to this just so I could talk to him.” Lay explained.

            “Yeah I know. So what are your plans after you talk to him? Are you going to ask him to a movie or something?” Luhan asked.

            Lay thought about it just a little bit. He hadn’t put much thought to that. “Yeah I think that a movie would be a really good start. I don’t want to start off too strong.” He explained.
            “That is true. You never want to start out too strong. I am really curious to see what he looks like. He must be gorgeous since he-.” Luhan stopped mid-sentence and his eyes grew wide.

            Lay noticed that Luhan’s eyes were wide and grew concerned. “Luhan, are you okay?” He asked.

            “It can’t be?” Luhan muttered.

            Lay only caught part of what Luhan said. “What are you talking about?” He asked and then looked at where Luhan was staring and saw a boy walking towards the ballroom.

            As the boy was walking Luhan moved and hid behind Lay. He really didn’t want the boy to see him. It was such a relief to Luhan when another boy ran out of the ballroom and met up with the boy. It kept the boy that just came from looking over at Luhan.

            “Sehun you are finally here.” The other boy said while putting an arm around Sehun.

            “Yeah I was debating on whether to come here or not. But for some reason something was telling me that I should come. So here I am.” Sehun replied.

            “It was because you really wanted to hang out with me wasn’t it?” The other boy asked.

            Sehun only sighed and shook his head. “That is definitely not it Kai. I get tired of just seeing you at work.” He somewhat joked.

            “Ouch. Thank kind of hurt. Well anyway I’m glad that you showed up. You should really come in and see all the decorations. Chanyeol and Baekhyun did an amazing job with this place.” Kai said and then the two boys walked off.

            After the two boys walked away Luhan moved out from behind Lay and took in a deep breath. “That was close.” He thought out loud.

            “Who were those guys Luhan?” Lay asked with much curiosity.

            Luhan sighed and figured that he had to tell Lay. He was sure that if he didn’t tell Lay he would either bother him about it the whole night or ignore him the whole night until he told him. “Well I don’t know who the second boy was but do you remember the day when I was almost late for work?”

            Lay squinted and tried to remember that day. He really thought about for and second and then he remembered. It really didn’t take him that long to make the connections. “So he’s the guy that you met at the café” He said.

            Luhan gave off a slight nod. “Yeah he is.” He replied.

            Lay was shocked but then he just shook it off. “Well at least he’s pretty cute. Hey, this could be fate. Maybe you two were meant to be together. I mean what are the chances that he works at EXO-K deli and you work at EXO-M deli?” He explained.

            “I really don’t think so Lay. Besides, I don’t think that he was really interested in me. Not in the way that I am interested in him anyway. Besides, I told you that we only talked. Plus there is also the fact that he may not even remember me.” Luhan explained.

            Lay sighed and then rolled his eyes. “You are just way too much sometimes. Who would forget you? You are funny and you are a grown man with the face of a teenage boy. There is no way he could have forgot you.” He explained.

            “You don’t know that Lay. Everyone is different.” Luhan replied.

            “That is true but there is only one way to find out.” Lay said and then started to make his way over to the ballroom.

            Luhan watched him walk away and sighed. “I’m scared to what you have in mind. Wait for me.” He yelled and ended up back right next to Lay.

            The mood between the two was a little strange now but that was only because Lay was basically forcing Luhan to go and talk to Sehun. But everything changed when they saw the decorations. Everything looked so beautiful. They stopped looking for a second so they could sign in at the front table.

            They walked deeper into the ballroom when they saw Kris walk up to them and looked just a little relieved but at the same time he looked just a bit angry. “There you two are.” He said to them.

            “Hey boss. We are the late ones today are we? The party didn’t start yet right because I don’t see many people here.” Lay said.

            Kris shook his head. “No, it’s mostly EXO-K employees here right now. So far Xiumin and I are the only ones here from EXO-M.”

            “Well we’re here now so everyone should start coming.” Luhan said.

            “I sure hope so. Anyway just hang out for now until we start. I probably will be sitting at a different table along with Xiumin. But please behave yourselves and try not to get into any trouble. Are we clear?” Kris asked.

            “You are clear as crystal boss.” They boys said at the same time. Kris looked at them both and just laughed a little. He then went off to do a few more things. The two boys just went off and hung out after while waiting for the party to start.

 

~.~.~.~.~.~

 

            The time just turned to six fifty-two and Tao was nowhere to be found. Kris had tried to call him a few times but there would be no answer. Every time he called Tao’s phone it would ring and then go to voicemail. This caused Kris to become very worried. As weird as it sounds, Kris was actually a very protective person. When people he cared about were out and he didn’t know where they were, it would freak him out.

            He was just pacing back and forth in front of the door for a few minutes. He was about to go out of the room but then Tao had just shown up along with Chen. Tao had a smile on his face while Chen seemed to be in a bit of a daze.

            After Chen greeted Kris he went over to Luhan and Lay who were now sitting at a table. Kris looked at Tao and had on a very disappointed look on. Tao caught onto the disappointed look on Kris’ face but he was confused as to why it was there.

            “What did I do?” Tao asked defensively.

            “You could have told me and let me know what time you were coming. I was worried about you.” Kris said.

            “Well as you can see, I am fine. I am not hurt or anything. Besides, I’m not really the one that you should be worried about. I remember you saying that your boss is coming tonight. You should really be getting ready for that.” Tao explained.

            Kris rolled his eyes and shook his head. “That’s the whole reason why I was worried about you. I really wanted you to meet him. I was going to introduce you to him as my apprentice. That way he will notice you and then maybe you’ll get to talk to him for a little while. If it all goes well then you will probably have a better chance at getting your dream job.” He explained.

            Tao sighed and rubbed his neck. Kris really was trying to help him out but lately Tao’s been just very defensive towards him. “I’m sorry. But it’s really not my fault that I’m late. Chen was driving like an old man on the way over here.”

            That was actually a very good point that Tao made. Kris really couldn’t argue with him about that since Tao really couldn’t drive since he never made an effort to get a license. “I guess you made a pretty good point. But next time you can at least let me now when you leave your apartment. I tried calling you a few times because I was worried about you.” He explained.

            Tao was confused but then he remembered about his phone. “Oh right. I had turned my phone off. I’m sorry. I didn’t realize that I hadn’t turned it back on.”

            Kris scoffed and then took a second to calm down. “Just turn on your phone next time and make sure it’s on. We’ll talk about this more later. Right now I want to introduce you to the manager of EXO-K deli. He’s a very respectable man.” Kris said.

            Tao nodded and started to walk off with Kris so he could meet the manager of EXO-K. He had to walk through a bunch of people some of them were the secondary staff at their deli while some were guest and a few others were from the corporation. There were just so many people there and Tao just didn’t expect there to be so much.

            After passing a few more groups of people Tao finally caught up to Kris. He looked at the men he was talking to and was very impressed. Even though he was impressed he was very intimidated at the same time. They all looked so professional to him. He started to grow nervous but he stood up straight and took in a few deep breaths. Then he walked over to all the men and stood next Kris.

            “I think that he should be here soon. He said that he was coming.” One of the men said. He was standing right next to Kris.

            “Well he is always known to be one of those people who come just in time. He’ll probably come just as the clock strikes seven. Just give him a few more minutes.” The other man said.

            Kris loked over at Tao and grabbed his arm to pull a little closer. When Tao was right next to him he cleared his throat to get the two men’s attention. They looked over at him and then looked at Tao. “Since we are waiting I would like to introduce you both to my apprentice Tao.  Tao these are the managers of EXO-K deli. Suho is the general manager and Kyungsoo is the assistant manager.” He introduced.

            Tao bowed and looked at the two men. “It’s very nice to meet you two.” He said.

            Suho and Kyungsoo bowed back. “Wow you are Kris’ apprentice? You really must have told him off somehow in order for him to take you on.” Suho said.

            “What did you tell him?” Kyungsoo asked curiously.

            Tao looked at Kris for confirmation. He didn’t want to tell them anything without Kris’ permission. Since they were a couple Tao figured that he should respect Kris’ wishes as well when it came to these kinds of things. But Kris nodded and said that it was okay to tell them. Tao nodded back and looked back at Suho and Kyungsoo.

            “Well I basically told him that I didn’t like the way he was treating me and then I threatened to quit. He told me that if I did that I would have to start from the bottom again but I told him that I didn’t care. So basically I stood up to him and then he had respect for me.” Tao explained.

            “Wow good for you. I’ve always known that you like the feisty ones Kris.” Suho joked with him.

            Tao blushed after hearing that but Kris grinded his teeth and scoffed again. With Kris Suho was always blunt. “He actually dreams of becoming a restaurant manager himself. So I figured that I would help him out and teach him what he needs to know.

            Kyungsoo was going to say something but Suho’s phone started to ring very loud. Everyone looked at him and then he pulled the phone out of his pocket and answered it. He was talking for a little while and then he finally hung up his phone. He turned back towards the other men and smiled. “Show time.”

 

~.~.~.~.~.~.

 

            Mr. Lambert walked through the doors of the ballroom and was decently surprised. He looked around and was very impressed with all the decorations and the beautiful center pieces. Along with him he had two guests. There was his secretary Siwon and his body guard Younho. Since he was always working and very powerful when it came to authority he basically had to bring these people with him everywhere that he went.

            Suho and Kris greeted him at the door first. “Sir, it is so good to see you here. I didn’t know if you were actually going to come tonight. I am glad that you were able to make it.” Suho said.

            “Of course I came to the party. I am the one who paid for this whole thing so I wanted to see what I have invested my money in. By the looks of what you did here and by the smell of the food I can tell that you used the money wisely.” Mr. Lambert explained.

            “We really have used the money wisely sir. Please let us lead you to the head table where you will be seated tonight.” Kris said.

            “Thank you Kris.” Mr. Lambert replied and started to follow Kris and Suho over to the head table.

            On his way over to the head table, Mr. Lambert was speaking to different people briefly and people were also greeting him. There were times when Younho had to push some people aside so that they could stay with Kris and Suho but besides that he made it to the table safely.

            Standing in front of the table were Tao and Kyungsoo who were talking and really starting to get to know each other. Xiumin even got there and started a conversation with them.  When they saw Mr. Lambert approaching the table they turned to greet him and they bowed as he notice them and he acknowledged them and then sat down.

            “If you need anything sir please ask anyone here. They’ll all be glad to help you anything that you need.” Suho said.

            “I really appreciate that Suho. Thank you very much.” Mr. Lambert replied and looked around a bit.

            “Sir, if you don’t mind, there is someone that I want you to meet. Well more so he wants to meet you.” Kris said.

            “Really? Well I would be happy to meet them.” Mr. Lambert replied.

            “Okay thank you sir. Tao! Come and meet Mr. Lambert.” Kris said and Tao came over by them.

            Tao looked at Mr. Lambert and bowed again to him. “Hello sir. My name is Huang Zi Tao” He introduced himself.

            “He is actually my apprentice sir. He plans on becoming a manager of a restaurant one day.”  Kris added.

            This sparked Mr. Lambert’s attention. There was even a little sparkle in his eyes. “Is that so? What made you choose that career path?” He asked.

            “Well I love food and I have a lot of ideas on how to improve sales. I even know what I want to do with a restaurant and how to run it. Plus I am always thinking of new ways to really advertise our products.” Tao explained.

            “Really, well maybe you and I can talk about your ideas sometime. But with a mentor like Kris I know that all your ideas must be very clever and worth hearing. All the years I have known him, he never took on an apprentice because no one has met his standards. You must be someone really special.” Mr. Lambert said.

            There was a little blush that started to form in Tao’s cheeks. “Oh, thank you sir.” He said.

            Kris saw that the blush was starting to grow in Tao’s cheeks and he decided to change the subject before anything happened. “Right now Tao is just a cashier but with some training and with good mentor hours I think he’ll be great.” He said.

            Mr. Lambert smiled and was about to say something but there was a high pitched noise coming from the speakers in the ballroom. “Testing testing.” Suho said after the noise stopped. “Welcome everyone to the EXO party. My name is Suho and I am the manager of EXO-K deli. If you could all take your seats so we can begin.”

            Tao sighed and then looked back at Mr. Lambert. “It was really nice meeting and talking to you sir.” He said.

            “You too. Hopefully I’ll see you soon so that we can talk some more about your ideas for a restaurant.” Mr. Lambert replied.

            Tao nodded and then looked at Kris. “I need to talk to you real quick Tao. Please excuse us Mr. Lambert.” Kris said and then pulled Tao to the side. “So you are going to have to sit with everyone else from our deli at their table so I won’t really get to see you during this party.”

            There was an understanding look on Tao’s face. “I already figured that. I’m just a little bummed that I don’t get to really hang out with you at this party.” He explained

            Kris looked Tao deep in the eyes and then bit his lip. He then looked around a little bit to see if anyone was really watching them. When he saw that no one was really looking he leaned in to whisper in Tao’s ear.

            “After the third game go out into the lobby and then I’ll meet you out there shortly. Then we can hang out just a little bit.” He explained. Tao nodded slightly. Kris then very subtly kissed Tao on the cheek.

            “Okay Kris. Well I’ll see you later. Is there anything that you need before I go and sit down at the table?” Tao asked as if to cover everything up.

            “No I’m fine. You just go and enjoy the party.” Kris replied.

            Tao nodded and smiled and started to head over to the table where most of the people from EXO-M deli were seated. That consisted of Lay, Luhan, Chen, the secondary staff, and of course Tao. Since Xiumin was assistant manager he got to sit at the head table too.

            When Suho saw that mostly everyone was seated in their seats he decided to start the introduction. “Alright, welcome everyone again to our first EXO party. I hope that everyone is getting along well with each other and just having a good time. First what we are going to do is eat. The food is from the courtesy of Sica’s catering. Then after we eat, Mr. Lambert will say a few words and then we will have games that will be hosted by EXO-M’s manager Kris. When all of that is done then the dance floor will be opened so all of you can just party.”

            Upon hearing that there was an open dance floor there was a lot of cheering and clapping. Some would think that it was almost like reliving high school days when there would always be dances and proms.

            Suho could only smile at the positive reaction. “Well how about we all eat? You will be excused by table and a waiter will let you know when you are able to get your food. But until you are excused please wait to go and get your food. Thank you so much for your attention and I hope you enjoy yourselves tonight.” He finished and then the crowd started to cheer again. Suho smiled again and walked off the stage feeling good about himself.

            Suho walked over to the head table and took his seat between Kris and Kyungsoo. Everyone at his table was looking at him with smiling faces. “That was a very good speech Suho. It was very informational.” Kyungsoo said.

            “Thank you. I actually tried this time.” Suho said jokingly.

            Mr. Lambert looked at one of the charts that Siwon gave him and sighed. “Are you sure that these numbers are accurate?” He asked Siwon.

            “Yes sir. I checked it three times and these are what they come out to.” Siwon replied with a bit of saddened tone.

            Mr. Lambert didn’t look too happy. Suho and Kris picked up on it quickly. “Is everything okay sir?” Suho asked.

            Mr. Lambert looked at the two boys and put two elbows on the table. “Boys, there is something that I have to admit to you.” He started.

            Suho, Kris, Xiumin and Kyungsoo all looked at Mr. Lambert with curious eyes. They had no idea what was going to happen. The words that were just spoken made them just a bit nervous. Especially since Mr. Lambert was a very unpredictable person they didn’t know what to expect.

            “The truth is, there is no clear winner of who has the better deli. Both of you have been bringing in around the same income. So with these few month trial we haven’t been able to tell a clear winner. So I want to expand this a little longer. I don’t know by how much longer but I will keep you all posted. Or at least Siwon will.” Mr. Lambert explained.

            There was just a bit of shock on the managers faces. They never imagined that they would come out to have just about the same income. They always thought that there would be a clear winner by now.

            “Are you absolutely sure that we basically have the same income?” Kris had to ask.

            “Yes I am sure. Mr. Lambert went through all of your paperwork and then I input all your numbers and the chart showed that you two are basically neck and neck.” Siwon explained.

            Hearing those words was just so unbelievable to the two managers. The assistant managers weren’t as shocked but they were very surprised that they were neck and neck. This really was surprising to everyone.

 

A/N: Hey guys sorry it took so long. So this is part one of the party. This is kind of like what everyone is expecting and what they think is going to happen. But when I get to the next part, it'll be more juicy and entertaining. I promise. Well I hope you enjoy it and like it. Thank you for all your patience and thanks to all my subscribers. Please comment because I love reading them and hearing what you think. Stay tuned for part two in a week or maybe a few days if you're lucky. ;)