Chapter 12: It’s A Secret (a.k.a The Chapter)

"Friendly" Competition

TAORIS IS THE WINNER

            The party was now officially over and Tao was waiting around for Kris to finish what he was doing. He actually had no idea where he was at the moment. At first Tao just wanted to make a little conversation with Mr. Lambert but he didn’t want to do that without Kris being there with him. Once he saw that he couldn’t find Kris though he got a little worried.

            Tao went around and started asking everyone if they saw Kris. No one had apparently seen him in a while. That actually didn’t surprise Tao since there were times when Kris would go places and no one would ever know where he was. He was just a little frustrated now since he was going to have to find him.

            He was just about to go out and find Kris when he received a text message. It read: Hey I’m in the lobby. Come and meet me here and then we can go and get you some things that you are going to need. There was relief now that he knew where Kris was. He looked around and noticed that no one was really looking at him. This was his opportunity to head out without anyone knowing.

            Successfully he snuck out without anyone really noticing and made his way towards the lobby. It was strange on his way over there since he felt like there was someone following him. After every few steps he would look back but he didn’t see anything. It could have just been paranoia but he was almost sure that someone was following him.

            After he got over the fact that he felt like he was being watched he finally arrived at the lobby. He looked around and didn’t see Kris at first. When he turned his head to the left he saw Kris standing near the elevators playing with his cell phone.

            All Tao could do was smile upon seeing Kris. He ran over towards him while trying to dodge all the people that were blocking him. The closer he got to Kris the more excited he started to feel.

            “Kris!” He said as he just got in front of him.

            Kris looked up from his phone and saw Tao standing in front of him. Upon seeing him he started to smile. “Hey glad you finally made it.” He replied. He was moving in to kiss him but Tao stopped him.

            “Not now Kris. I swear that someone was following me on the way over here.” Tao explained.

            Kris’ smiled disappeared in a second. “What? Why didn’t you tell me when you got here?” He said and looked around. At first he didn’t see anyone but he didn’t want to take any chances. “I don’t see anyone right now but let’s get to my car before someone sees us.”

            Tao looked around and seemed a little worried. Kris started to make his way towards the valet and Tao followed him. They walked all the way to the valet parking and looked around again. Kris looked down the street a little bit and saw that there was a convince store and a clothes store nearby.

            “Okay, well how about we walk over there and get you your things and then come back. By then if someone is following us we will know. Of course we still need to get you stuff and I am getting tired so let’s go.” Kris explained.

            Tao sighed and nodded. This was already not starting off the way that he wanted. He imagined that he and Kris would be walking or driving to the store hand in hand or that they would share another kiss that made his heart melt like it usually did. All of this was ruined now that Tao had this little hunch that someone was following him. In his mind he basically blew his chances with Kris.

            While they were walking there Kris was very distant from Tao. They were still walking together but he wasn’t walking that close to him. All that Tao wanted was Kris to hold his hand at this moment. That was all that he really wanted but he knew that Kris wasn’t even going to give in.

            When they got to the store Kris stood by door and looked behind them. “Okay it looks like no one really followed us here. Go ahead and get what you need and then I’ll pay for it.” He said with a bit of a serious tone. Tao could only nod and wander off to find things he needed.

            As Tao wandered off Kris watched him leave and let out a very long sigh. He felt bad for having to be a little cold but if someone was following them they both could get into a lot of trouble. Especially if it was someone that Kris pissed off a while ago. They would all gang up against him.

            A big rule with the company they were under was the dating rule. You are not allowed to date someone who works in the same building as you. The fact that they were in a same relationship made it even worse. If he got caught they would definitely ruin his career and Tao would never be able to become a manager since he would more than likely be fired.

            There were a lot of things that could happen if Kris was caught with Tao. If it was just a party with all of his employee’s he wouldn’t really care but since this was a big company party he had to make sure that he wasn’t seen. It’s not like he didn’t want to hold Tao’s hand or kiss him but it was just something that he couldn’t risk. Especially when it came to Tao’s future.

            When Tao came up to him again Kris could see the disappointment on his face. He could tell that Tao just wasn’t happy at the moment. It isn’t what he wanted. By now he wanted to be in his hotel room relaxing and kissing Tao’s tender lips. When he looked down at the items though he saw that Tao found some clothes. That was one less stop that he had to make and they could immediately go back to the hotel.

            “Did you get everything that you need?” Kris asked in a softer more caring tone.

            Tao sighed and nodded. “Yeah fortunately they had some clothes in the back. This is basically a store where they have everything you need if you forgot to pack something it’s a bit useful.” He explained.

            “Good. Now let’s pay for this and get back to the hotel. The sooner we get back the better.” Kris said in a very soft tone.

            There was now a very small smile on Tao’s face. Kris could tell that he was starting to feel just a little better. The last thing that Kris wanted was to disappoint Tao about something. But he knew that right now that was exactly what he was doing. They both went over to the cash registrar and paid for all the items.

            Once everything was paid for they headed out of the store and made their way back to the hotel. Kris stood close to Tao and looked at him a few times. When Tao would looked over at him they both smiled. They really seemed to be happier.

            As they arrived back to the hotel Kris went back to being very attentive. Tao watched Kris as he was looking around. He sighed and then looked around a little more. “Look Kris, obviously this is a little too risky tonight. I’ll just go to the subway and wait for a train home.” He said.

            Tao took one step and then he felt a very strong grip on his arm. He looked back at Kris and saw that there was seriousness in his eyes. That was something that he never really saw before. It was actually a bit surprising.

            “It is late at night and there is no telling how long you will be waiting for a train or even if there will be a train back to your place. Plus there are countless things that could happen to you on the way there. Please, just stay with me. If something happened to you then I don’t think that I could live with that.” Kris explained.

            There was bit of hesitation from Tao but he sighed and nodded. He then pulled out of Kris’ grip and made his way over to the elevators. Kris smiled and made his way to the elevators shortly after Tao. When he got there he found that Tao had already pressed the button to go up.

            When the doors finally opened the two men walked inside and waited for the doors to close. When they finally did close Kris was relieved that it was just the two of them in the elevator. He pressed the button for the fifth floor and then the elevator started to head up.

            At first Tao was just staring at the floors waiting to get off the elevator. Kris had a different plan though. He looked at Tao and then placed a hand on his cheek. He turned Tao’s head towards him and then laid a soft kiss on his lips.

            When they pulled apart Kris smiled. “You don’t know how much I have wanted to do that during the party. I saw some people flirting with each other and really getting to know each other and all I could think about was how much I just want to spend more time with you.” He explained.

            There was a blush that started to fill Tao’s cheeks. “We got to spend that little bit of time together. I don’t think that some people got even that.” He replied.

            “That is true. I still really missed you though. When we get to the room we can freshen up and then maybe get to bed. I know that you are probably tired tonight.” Kris said.

            Tao shrugged. “I’m not that tired. I think that I just have too much energy right now.” He said.

            Kris chuckled. “I think that we can do something about that if you are willing.” He said in a low and seductive tone.

            This caused Tao to swallow and get a little nervous. The doors of the elevator seemed to open just in time. Kris stepped back from Tao and grabbed his hand. He then interlocked their fingers and started to pull him towards his room.

            Kris’ room was about five doors down on the left side of the hall. When they got to his room Kris pulled out his key and unlocked his door. Once the door was opened he the lights and observed the room. It was the same as he left it.

            “Here it is. Choose which bed it is that you want. I personally have no preference.” Kris explained as he took off his suit jacket.

            Tao nodded and made his way over to the bed on the left side of the room which was closest to the glass door. He placed his things on the bed and then walked over to the glass door. He looked out and didn’t see much of a view. However, the night lights were very beautiful at this time.

            As Tao was looking out the window Kris the TV to the news and watched it for a bit. Tao sighed and then grabbed his things and made his way over to the bathroom. Once he got into the bathroom he closed the door and took off his clothes. He stepped into the shower and the water.

            Typically Tao would spend an hour in the shower but this time was different. He felt like he had to get out as fast as he could. It felt rude to just leave Kris out there by himself for that long. So he only took about fifteen minutes in the shower and another five to put on his clothes and brush his teeth and anything else he needed to do.

            Once he got out of the shower Kris was on the phone talking to someone. “No I don’t think that is a good idea Sunny. Why? You are asking me why? It’s because doing that will definitely get yourself killed. Yes being a zookeeper you can get yourself killed!” He explained. He then turned and saw Tao coming out of the bathroom. “Look, I know you love animals but we are going to have to talk more about this later. I got to go bye.”

            Tao put his things on his bed and smiled at Kris. “Sounds that you were having a very interesting conversation.” He joked.

            “If you call my friend wanting to be a zookeeper and working with lions and tigers then yes it was interesting.” Kris replied. He then gather some of his things. “Do you mind if I go take a shower now?”

            “Oh, no go ahead.” Tao said. Kris nodded and then went into the bathroom with his things.

            Kris managed to spend about the same amount of time in the bathroom as Tao. The whole time he was in there though he was having a hard time keeping his composure. He loved the fact that Tao was staying with him for the night. He had to keep his promise though. He had promised that he wouldn’t try anything. So as long as Tao doesn’t do anything that will trigger Kris then everything is going to work out.

            When Kris got out of the bathroom Tao was sitting on the bed and he too was now talking on the phone. “Yeah I am sorry that I woke you, I just wanted to let you know that I was fine since I know for a fact that you probably came by my apartment. I love you too mom. Bye.” Tao said and the hung up.

            Kris now laughed. “Mom still checks up on you huh?’ He asked.

            “It’s a little overbearing but yes. I was thinking that maybe tonight we could stay up a little while longer and watch a movie.” Tao said.

            Kris raised an eyebrow. “Is that so? If you really want to then we can. Why do you all of a sudden want to watch a movie?” He asked.

            Tao shrugged his shoulders. “I just figured that it would help me go to sleep and tire me out a little.” He explained.

            “Really? And you don’t think that doing something else would tire you out a little more?” Kris said jokingly.

            There was a big blush that filled Tao’s cheeks. “Well, it would tire me out that’s for sure.” He said jokingly.

            That was definitely something that Tao should not have said. This was really testing Kris’ self-control. Tao looked over and saw Kris biting his lip hard. He didn’t know what to do. He was just so confused as to what was going on with Kris.

            In his mind Kris thought that maybe just a simple kiss would help him a little. Take away at least some temptation. He smiled and walked over to Tao. The second he was in front of Tao he bent over and gave him a slight kiss on the lips. When he pulled away Tao and him looked straight in the eyes.

            At first Tao was worried about things progressing too much but now he kind of didn’t care. He himself clashed his lips onto Kris’ and then they started to kiss passionately. The second that Tao opened his mouth Kris managed to sneak his tongue in and explore Tao’s cavern.

            After a minute Kris managed to push Tao onto the bed and continue to kiss him passionately. He then moved down to caress his neck. There were slight moan of pleasure that Tao was letting out.

            “How about we skip the movie tonight?” Tao asked in an airy voice.

            Kris stopped and looked at Tao. He let smiled as big as he could and continued to kiss Tao. Things that night escalated and then it was a night that those two definitely wouldn’t forget.

 

~.~.~.~.~.~

 

            For most of the night Baekhyun and Chanyeol were just trying not to get caught. They were trying to play the innocent look but to Kai and Sehun it really didn’t work. All they did to them the whole time during the party was glare at the two since they lost the bet.

            Something else that they did in order to pass time was that they managed to pick out some people who were in relationships or were hinting something. They found out that several people were gay. There were some people that actually surprised them too.

            “Okay so you are absolutely sure about this? You saw them by the little pond making out?” Baekhyun asked Chanyeol in a soft voice.

            “Yes I am sure! They were just talking and flirting. At first I was just going to the bathroom and then I saw that one boy walking out so I decided to follow him and-.” Chanyeol was cut off by Baekhyun.

            “Wait, so all of a sudden you decided to follow him? You had no idea who he was and then you decided to follow him? Why was that?” Baekhyun interrogated.

            Chanyeol was caught off guard. “Uh…I was following my gut?” He said unsurely.

            “No, you thought he was cute didn’t you? I can’t leave you alone for five minutes without you looking at another man.” Baekhyun said.

            “Anyway I followed him and then he met up with Kris, the manager from Exo-M deli. It’s also rumored that the boy he was with is his apprentice.” Chanyeol explained.

            “Seriously? Well you and I know he’s probably been teaching him behind the scenes huh?” Baekhyun joked.

            The two were laughing when suddenly a friend came up to them from Exo-M deli. “Hey guys what is so funny?” He asked.

            “CHEN! How are you? How do you like your new position? It’s quite different from working at a restaurant isn’t it?” Baekhyun asked.

            Chen pulled up a seat next to them and smiled. “It’s different that’s for sure. So, what is going on with you guys? Chanyeol long time no see.” He said.

            “It has been a while. But we’ve been good. We just saw something that we were talking about that’s all. But I have been meaning to ask you. Why is a handsome guy like you not here with a date?” Chanyeol asked.

            There was a smile that appeared on Chen’s face. “It’s true that I didn’t come with a date but I do have something with someone here.” He explained.

            Baekhyun’s ears were now in full listening mode. He loved stuff like this. “Are you kidding me? Who is it? Do I know them?” He asked.

            Chen could only laugh. He stood up from his chair and looked at the two boys. “I am not telling you who it is. But I am going to say that you do know who they are. Or at least you have heard of them.” He explained and then left.

            The two boy’s jaws dropped. They have never known Chen to be that secretive with them. Sure there were things that they kept from him like the fact that they were together but besides that there was nothing really big that they kept from him.

            “Can you believe him? He is being so sneaky.” Baekhyun said.

            “Hey Baek, do you think that he is, you know?” Chanyeol asked Baekhyun in a very hinting tone.

            Baekhyun furrowed his eyebrows but then nodded. “I wouldn’t doubt it. There were times where I really thought about it. For now though we will give him the benefit of the doubt and say that he is straight.” He explained.

            It was quiet between the two but then Chanyeol spoke. “You are going to follow him later aren’t you?” He asked.

            “You know it. I need to know who this person and if they are right for our friend. We got to back him up you know.” Baekhyun explained.

            “Just so we are clear, if he catches us I am completely blaming everything on you and running.” Chanyeol joked.

            “Yeollie that’s not nice. Why would you leave me behind?” Baekhyun asked in a very aegyo filled voice.

            That voice was something that Baekhyun knew Chanyeol could not resist. “Ah fine. I won’t run. But I am still blaming everything on you.” He said.

            “Fine. I guess that would only be fair since it really is my idea and intention to follow him.” Baekhyun admitted.

            Just as Chanyeol was going to say something the DJ made an announcement. “Sorry everyone but I have been told that this is the last song and then the party will be ending. I hope you all had fun tonight.” He explained.

            A lot of the people on the dance floor yelled in praise. “Aw man the party is almost over. I was having so much fun.” Chanyeol explained.

            “Yeah me too. Hey, I don’t see Kai and Kyungsoo anywhere.” Baekhyun observed.

            Chanyeol found that strange. When he thought about it there were things that felt like they were coming together. “Have you noticed them acting strange lately?” He asked.

            Baekhyun thought about it and nodded. “Yeah they both have been acting strange. It’s been like that day ever since Kai got punched and Kyungsoo seemed to keep his distance.” Baekhyun then made a connection.

            “No way.” Baekhyun and Chanyeol said at the same time. They both had no idea what to think about this whole thing. They thought that they were the only ones in the whole deli that were gay.

            “I am a bit shocked. I had no idea that that was coming.” Baekhyun thought out loud.

            Both Chanyeol and Baekhyun sighed and looked up. As they looked up they saw Chen holding the hand of some other guy. Their eyes widened and Baekhyun stood up quickly. He was about to rush out but Chanyeol grabbed his arm. “Whoa slow down there.” Chanyeol said.

            “How could we not tell for sure? Looking at it now it was so obvious.” Baekhyun said dramatically.

            “Calm down. There are times where we just don’t notice things.” Chanyeol explained trying to make it look like it was just a simple mistake.

            “Yeah sure. Next thing that’s going to happen is that Suho will be gay and we won’t even see it coming.” Baekhyun said.

            “Well I do have a theory about that.” Chanyeol explained.

            “Just stop talking Chanyeol. I’m going to follow Chen.” Baekhyun said.

            Chanyeol just sighed and was going to let Baekhyun go. It was just then that he saw the boy he followed starting to make his way out of the ball room. “Hey that boy is walking out. How about this, you follow him and I’ll follow Chen. Is that fair?” He asked.

            Baekhyun wasn’t too thrilled about it but he sighed and nodded. “Yeah that’s fine. We should probably get out of here anyway. They might make us clean up since we are the ones who put it all up in the first place.” He explained.

            “That is true. Let’s go before they notice that we’re gone.” Chanyeol said and then the two men walked out of the ballroom.

            When they got out of the ball room they looked at each other and nodded. That was typically the signal to say that they would meet up with each other back at the car. The two of them went their separate ways. Baekhyun followed the boy while Chanyeol followed Chen and his “friend”.

           

            Baekhyun kept a good distance from Tao. Somehow along his way he found out that he was really good a following people. Chanyeol personally called it stalking but Baekhyun would just ignore him when he would say it. In his mind though he knew it was a little bit creepy how he was so good at following people.

            Even keeping a distance didn’t help the situation. The boy was starting to walk slower. That was an indication that he knew that something wasn’t right. Baekhyun quickly ran behind a pillar and hid there for a second. He heard the footsteps stop for a few seconds. That was the cue that the boy was looking around a little.

            Once the footsteps continued again Baekhyun peeked out from the pillar to make sure that the boy wasn’t still looking around. When he thought that he was safe enough he came out from behind the pillar and continued to follow the boy.

            There were other times where Baekhyun was a bit more cautious but he never got to the point where he would have to hide again. All he did now was keep a very good distance between him and the boy. Getting caught was something that never happened to him before when it came to following people. The only person that ever caught him was Chanyeol but that was because Chanyeol basically was expecting to be followed.

            When they finally arrived at the lobby the boy started running. Baekhyun for sure thought that he was made. If that was the case then he didn’t mind getting caught. He started to run after the boy too. When he himself got deeper into the lobby he started looking around and found the boy by the elevator.

            It was that second that Baekhyun found out that he wasn’t made. However, he had to go back to being discrete. He walked over to the couches in the lobby and grabbed a newspaper and held it in front of his face. He watched the two for a little bit.

            At first he didn’t notice it but when he got a closer look it finally hit him. It really was Kris who was with the boy. They were looking into each other’s eyes and they were smiling so much. In a way it kind of reminded him of his relationship with Chanyeol and how he would always smile around him. He knew for a fact that those two were in love with each other. Even if they didn’t know it yet, it was a bit obvious.

            Kris had leaned in to try and kiss the boy and he was very close too. In his head he was excited to see it. Of course, knowing his luck tonight, they didn’t. The boy stopped Kris and said something to him. There suddenly was a look of panic in Kris’ eyes.

            This was another cue to Baekhyun that he should go back to hiding. Getting caught was just one thing. Getting caught by Kris was a whole different story. He heard all the rumors about his temper and that was something that he didn’t want to experience.

            Baekhyun held up the newspaper again and tried to subtly get up and walk away. When he felt like he was in the clear he started to make his way towards the car. Since that one was a very close call it was going to be a while before he follows anyone. Especially if it was one of those two. Getting beat to a bloody pulp wasn’t his idea of a good time. So in the end he just ended up waiting by the car for Chanyeol to show up.

 

            When Chanyeol left Baekhyun he had a bit of a hard time finding Chen and the person he was with. He went around a bit and then ended up at the end of the lobby. He was a bit stumped until he finally looked over at the valet parking.

            Chen and the other guy were there standing for a second. They looked a little lost and in his mind Chanyeol couldn’t believe that these two guys could both liked each other. They were almost perfect for each other in the sense that they both forget where to park their cars. The only reason that Chanyeol knew that was the case was because the last time he was with Chen he forgot where he parked his car.

            Somehow them just standing there really irritated Chanyeol. All they were doing were talking and trying to figure out where their cars were. In his head he really wanted to just give them a little push to finally get going somewhere. It was just driving him nuts.

            Just when he couldn’t take it anymore the two men started to head out into the parking lot. “It’s about time. How long does it take to figure out where you parked your car Chen?” He said to himself.

            Following the two seemed to be a difficult task since they were in the parking lot and also the fact that he was really tall. If he wasn’t so tall then he would have had an easier time. He figured since Baekhyun was short that that was how he was so good at stalking people. Of course Baekhyun never really saw it as stalking. Just some really good following skills.

            When the two guys found their car Chanyeol found a nice truck to hide behind. It was now time to just stay hidden and not make any noise. Again the two boys were just talking and not really doing anything other than that.

            Chanyeol was starting to get really bored when suddenly he saw the two boys kissed. His eyes went wide and he had a big smile on. On the inside he was screaming in excitement. He couldn’t wait to tell Baekhyun what had just happened to Chen. That required him to move out from his hiding place though.

            It turned out that he was going to have to move anyway. Chen had hit a button and his car started to beep. It turned out that Chanyeol was two cars away from Chen’s car which meant he had to get out of there before he was spotted. He got up and then he snuck in between some other cars and made his way over to his car.

 

            Baekhyun was already waiting there when Chanyeol got there. He seemed to be a little out of it but he was looking around. Once Chanyeol stood in front of him he smiled the biggest smile he had ever seen.

            “Oh my God Chanyeol I missed you!” Baekhyun said as he wrapped his arms around Chanyeol’s waist.

            “I missed you too love. But why the drama? Did something happen?” Chanyeol replied.

            “Chanyeol, watching Kris and that other boy be together just reminded me of us when we were first together. They are so much in love and I just can’t take it. I need you to stay with me tonight.” Baekhyun pleaded.

            Chanyeol stood there and tried to take it all in. “So, because you saw them you are trying to make the excuse of not going home and staying with me.” He thought out loud.

            “Yeah, is it working?” Baekhyun asked.

            “You probably could have just asked. But for the most part it did work. Did you also want to do something else? Is that your motive?” Chanyeol teased.

            “Just maybe. Anyway what did you see with Chen?” Baekyun asked.

            “Oh those two are totally into each other. They even have the same problem as forgetting where they parked their cars. It was almost like they were made for each other. Oh and they even kissed! It was so cute.” Chanyeol explained.

            “I see. Do you know what else is cute?” Baekhyun asked teasingly.

            “I sure can figure out.” Chanyeol replied and bent down a little to kiss Baekhyun.

            At first it was a sweet innocent kiss. Then it became very passionate. Chanyeol pushed Baekhyun against his car and that started a whole make-out session. Chanyeol would move his hands up and down Baekhyun’s figure. After a few minutes they pulled away and smiled at each other.

            “So can you wait or do you want to just get things done with right here?” Chanyeol whispered softly into Baekhyun’s ear.

            Baekhyun’s cheeks turned a very bright red. “I think we can wait. When we get back to your place though, we are going to have a very long night.” He explained.

            Both of them smiled knowing the hint and they then got into the car. The whole ride back was just constant flirting between the two. Some of it was just too sweet for anyone else to hear. When they got back to the apartment though, that is when things got exciting and where the two really did have a very long night where it seemed like they were the only two in the world. 

 

A/N: Well there you have it. Happy New Year everyone. Let's hope that you will see a lot of me in 2014. I will always try my best to update as much as I can. Unfortunately for one of my stories there has been some unsubscribers. I beg you not to unsubscribe. I love you all and I really am trying my best to give you guys something and try not to be too predictable. Besides in my other story it seems one way but it really isn't. Oh well, thanks for reading and subscibing. Happy 2014!!! Love you all! ~Karabear <3