Chapter 15: The Calm Before the Storm

"Friendly" Competition

            Just to calm himself down Kris ended up locking himself in his office. There were several knocks on the door but he never answered any of them. In general he was just frustrated with the whole thing that happened. He didn’t want to speak to anyone since he knew that he would probably blow up in their face. Just to be safe he locked himself inside and just took time to calm down.

            It was the end of the work day and Kris figured that he was now alone. It was about ten at night and he was just working on some finances and paperwork. To him, it felt nice to just be focused and working on some things to make up for the fact that they lost a day of income. Of course that was the most frustrating part about doing the paperwork. At the same time though he remembered that Suho probably had to it too.

            While Kris was still working on his paperwork there was a knock on his door. He was surprised by the knock and then looked at the time. No one was supposed to be in the deli at this hour so for him to hear the knock freaked him out a little.

            The first thing Kris did was stand up and walk towards the door. He was going over all the possibilities of what could happen if he opened the door. Considering that he was the only person in the deli usually at this time, he figured that Xiumin would have at least locked the door on his way out. With all of that in mind Kris thought that there was no doubt that this would have to be someone who worked here. That’s what he hoped anyway.

            There was one more knock on his door before he opened it. He put his hand on the door knob and then opened the door quickly. When he opened the door he was relieved to see Tao standing right in front of him. The thing was though that Tao looked worried and tired. Tao usually had dark circles on his eyes but this time they looked even darker than usual. This made Kris very concerned.

            “Tao, is everything okay?” Kris asked. This was a time where his sensitive side could really be shown.

            The boy nodded and looked around a little bit. “I just wanted to make sure that you weren’t overworking yourself. I tried to call you but you weren’t picking up.” He explained.

            Kris then remembered at that moment that he turned off his phone since he was frustrated. “I’m sorry I turned it off after we went to the other deli. As you know I was not very happy after that visit.” He said.

            There was another sigh and a nod. “I know, I was really worried about you after that visit. Do you mind if I come in?” Tao asked a bit shyly.

            “Of course. Please come in.” Kris said as he gestured Tao in. Tao walked in and Kris closed the door right behind him. “Why are you here so late by the way? You and I both know that today was probably the hardest that anyone has worked here so far.”

            “I couldn’t sleep. I just wanted to know that you were okay after everything that happened. I guess that I was just worried about how you were taking it all.” Tao explained as he walked over to Kris’ desk and observed all the paperwork that was on it.

            “I’m fine Tao. I’ve just been doing this paperwork and going over a few finances. That’s all.” Kris replied and then went to go sit down in his chair.

            “I guess I can see how that would keep you busy for so long.” Tao replied as he was somewhat looking through the papers.

            Kris could see that Tao still looked at little upset about something. Since Tao was in reach Kris moved slightly and grabbed Tao by the waist. Once he gipped him enough he moved Tao onto his lap and wrapped one arm around his torso. With his free hand he picked up a paper and looked it over.

            While he was looking over the paper he leaned his head on Tao’s back and gave him a quick kiss on this shoulder. He saw Tao turn his head and smile a bit after that little gesture. Kris smiled and went back to looking over his papers.

            As Kris was looking over his papers Tao noticed something. He noticed that the two totals for the past two months were significantly higher than it was from three months ago. Since they were making more money and not increasing the price of ingredients they were actually making quite a bit of profit. This one day of a loss of income really wouldn’t make a big difference in their progress.

            “Kris, you do know that losing this one day really isn’t going to affect us in the long run right? We have had a significant increase in income for the last two months. With that we don’t even need to worry about today.” Tao explained.

            Of course Kris already knew that but he had to look at around seven pages of numbers and Tao only looked at around three or four. “Did you really just pick that up with the few papers you have seen?” He asked.

            Tao just nodded. “Yeah, didn’t you?” He asked.

            “Tao, typically people have to look at several papers just to notice what you did. You have a great eye for finances. Maybe you are on the right path to becoming a manager.” Kris explained.

            “Really? Do you really think that I am that talented?” Tao asked.

            “Of course I do. I’ve always thought that you have had talent.” Kris replied. A thought then appeared in his mind. He was a bit upset about it but he was going to make up for it now. “I know that at the party I said that you were my apprentice and that was without your permission. I have also not gone through with actually being a mentor. So I was thinking, would you really want to become my apprentice? Do you want me to help teach you how to run a restaurant?”

            It didn’t take Tao long to answer to Kris’ offer. “Kris, I would love you to be my mentor. I really do want to learn the ropes around restaurant management and I know for a fact that you and Suho are the most successful managers in this company so to have either of you as my mentor would be a great privilege. Of course you would be my top choice though.” He replied.

            There was a smile now on both of their faces. Kris turned Tao’s head a little more and gave him a long sweet kiss on the lips. It was about a minute long kiss but to both Tao and Kris savored it and let everything else in the world be forgotten. When they finally pulled away from each other’s lips they looked each other deep in the eyes.

            “What do you say to me driving you home?” Kris asked as he brushed some hair away from Tao’s face.

            Tao grabbed Kris’ hand and held it in his own. “I would love for you to take me home.” He replied.

            Tao stood up and let Kris stand up. Kris gathered his papers and put them back in the folder that he had them in originally. When he finished putting them away he grabbed his jacket, briefcase, and his keys. Tao walked out of the office first and then Kris followed and turned off the lights behind him. Kris went through the whole deli to make sure that everything was locked. When he found that everything looked fine he placed his hand on Tao’s back and led him out. Then he locked the deli doors and then walked out with Tao and took him home and afterwards went back to his house to relax and get ready for the days to come.

 

~*~*~*~*~*~

 

            A few days after they hit EXO-M deli Baekhyun and Chanyeol were at work hanging out in the break room. They were having their lunch and reading some magazines that were already there from when they took their break. Since they had such a great time messing with EXO-M deli the two boys were starting to think of more pranks that they could do.

            Since the two of them knew for a fact that some of the workers in EXO-M deli were not going to take their retaliation lightly, they already started to think about what their next move was going to be. Baekhyun went online a couple of times just to look up some pranks that they could use on the deli next. Chanyeol spent most of his time trying to figure out what the other deli could possibly be thinking of doing next.

            In the break room they were just too quiet. Everyone who passed by and saw them in there looked at them nervously. They knew that when the two of them were quiet, they were definitely up to something. No one wanted to know what, but they did know that something was going on in there.

            Finally the quiet room was disrupted by Kai and Sehun going on their break. “Hey guys what’s up?” Kai asked as he went into the refrigerator to get his food.

            “Nothing much. Baekhyun and I are just reading some magazines right now to relax. Today seems to be kind of busy here.” Chanyeol explained.

            Sehun leaned against the counter and took a sip of water from the bottle he also got out of the refrigerator. “It really is. I am actually tired of making sandwiches today. I really want my shift to be over today. I am exhausted.” He explained.

            “I hear you. Hey we were thinking, knowing EXO-M deli they are not going to be happy with the damage we’ve done. So we believe that they are going to hit sometime in the next few weeks. If they do hit then we are planning on going on a Saturday. Are you two in?” Baekhyun asked.

            Kai and Sehun looked at each other. It seemed like they were having an internal conversation. When they both looked back at Chanyeol and Baekhyun they shook their heads. “Sorry, we are both busy on Saturdays.”

            Baekhyun glared at the both of them. “How can you two be busy on Saturdays? What could the two of you possibly be doing?” He asked in a bit of an irritated tone.

            “Well I actually have a date in the next coming week so if it’s then I can’t go. If it goes well then I am probably going to take them out again.” Sehun explained.

            “I am on that same boat. Only for me Saturdays are my date nights. We either go out or rent a movie to watch.” Kai explained.

            “Aw aren’t you just the cutest thing ever Kai. Who knew that you actually had a cute and romantic side?” Chanyeol joked.

            “Hey, I’m actually a very good catch. I’ve actually been fought over. In the end I didn’t go with either of them but that’s not the point.” Kai explained.

            “Yeah well I have to admit that you can be charming. Anyway you two are no fun. Go and be boring and romantic and lose your sense of fun younger than you think.” Baekhyun said a bit coldly.

            “Now Baekie that wasn’t nice.” Chanyeol said like he was talking to a little child.

            Just as Baekhyun was rolling his eyes they heard yelling from down the hall. The yelling grew louder and louder until they finally found the source of it. Kyungsoo was the one yelling and he was very upset about something. He was so upset that he walked into the break room and closed the door behind him.

            “Who the hell decided to duct tape my whole car so that I couldn’t get into it after work? All of you know the most people here and Chanyeol I know you keep up with everything so tell me who did it. If you do I will not take anything out of their paycheck.” Kyungsoo explained.

            Chanyeol and Baekhyun looked at each other and shrugged. They were the ones who decided that duct tapping Kyungsoo’s car would be a good idea to see if it would work. They liked the fact that it was working but they didn’t like the fact that they were in danger of losing part of their paycheck.

            “Okay we have to admit that we did it. We wanted to see whether it would work or not and your car is the first one that we saw. We thought about using Suho’s car but we’ve always liked it and like looking at it. So your car came next.” Chanyeol admitted.

            Kyungsoo’s blood started to boil. He really wanted to tackle Chanyeol to the ground and started to pound his face in. As short as he was, he was known to pack some powerful punches and at this point in time he was seriously thinking about just taking Chanyeol down.

            Kai could sense that Kyungsoo wanted to kill Chanyeol. He needed to do something in order to distract him from that. “Kyungsoo I know that this isn’t the right time but I need to talk to you about something privately.” Kai explained.

            Kyungsoo bit his lip hard and then let out a scoff. He stormed out of the room and everyone watched them. Kai was going to follow him but stopped at the last second. He mouthed the words “you owe me” to Chanyeol and then he walked out while closing the door behind him.

            Sehun laughed and looked at Chanyeol. “You owe Kai big time now. I know that we lost to your little game at the party but that was quite a bit of time ago now. You are seriously going to have to do something for him to make it up to him.” He explained.

            “Are you serious? Can’t I just take him out for a drink and call it even?” Chanyeol asked.

            “I don’t know. It’s up to him.” Sehun said and then took another sip of his water.

            “Don’t think about it right now Yeolli, hopefully Kai will forget about it or maybe even let it go. As for right now we are going to have to focus on something else.” Baekhyun replied to Chanyeol. Chanyeol was confused but after a few seconds he started to pick up on the hint that Baekhyun was telling him.

 

            The second that Kyungsoo left the break room he walked all the way down the hall to try and clam down. He knew that taking the duct tape off his car was going to damage the paint on it and be a very tedious job. It was not something that he was going to be looking forward to.

            When Kai started to walk down the hallway Kyungsoo crossed his arms and watch Kai come down the hallway. He was not happy and he wanted to make that perfectly clear. “What is so important that you have to pull me away from that?” Kyungsoo asked.

            “You need to calm down. You are way too heated right now.” Kai explained in a soft voice.

            “Wouldn’t you be pissed off too if you found out that your employee’s basically ruined your car?” Kyungsoo shouted at Kai.

            “Okay we need to talk more privately than this. Let’s go in here into the storage room and talk more personally and privately.” Kai said and then ushered Kyungsoo into the room and then closed the door behind the two of them. He even locked it to make sure that they wouldn’t be disturbed. Once they were inside Kyungsoo started to calm down just a little bit. “Okay so tell me why you are so mad about this.”

            “Kai, that car is the first car that I have bought all by myself and with my own money. I paid it in full without any loans and no help from friends and family. I was proud of myself with that car and I have taken care of it all this time. Now I have damage to my car and I can’t even think about all the hard work I put into getting that car.” Kyungsoo explained at first with an aggressive tone, but now it was growing lighter and softer.

            “I understand Kyungsoo. I see why you would be upset about this now.” Kai explained. He then opened his arms up to Kyungsoo.

            At first he really didn’t feel like he wanted a hug but in the end he started to walk towards Kai. He didn’t know why but it just felt like his body needed to be held. Once Kyungsoo was in Kai’s arms he felt like he was immediately calming down. He too wrapped his arms around him and buried his face in his chest.

            “Are you starting to feel any better?” Kai asked with a very caring tone.

            Kyungsoo sighed and then pulled back just a little bit. “Yeah just a little. I am still upset though.” He admitted.

            Kai then let go of Kyungsoo and then cupped his face. When he cupped his face he made him look up into his eyes. Kai could see that Kyungsoo really was upset about the whole thing and in his eyes there was a bit of sadness.

            After letting out a sigh Kai started to lean in closer to Kyungsoo. He hovered over Kyungsoo’s lips for a second. He was trying to have self-control and not kiss him since he knew that Kyungsoo would probably scold him for it.

            To Kai’s surprise Kyungsoo looked in his eyes and then at his lips and then he spoke. “You know, if you really want me to feel better, kissing me would be a good way to do it.” He explained.

            As much as that surprised Kai he didn’t miss a second. He gently kissed Kyungsoo at first. Kyungsoo was kissing back and Kai could tell that there was something more that he wanted. It could just be the fact that he was upset but there was point where Kai couldn’t help himself anymore.

            Kai started to grow more passionate in this kiss and started to slip his tongue into Kyungsoo’s mouth. He was exploring his cavern for a bit and then their tongues were fighting a bit. Kai got the better of Kyungsoo and then pushed him up against the wall and pinned him there. Once he pinned him to the wall he started to caress Kyungsoo’s neck.

            Kyungsoo was breathing hard from the passionate kiss. Kai liked the way that Kyungsoo started to tense up in pleasure as Kai’s lips hit his skin. When Kai actually bit Kyungsoo’s skin he let out a little moan that just killed Kai on the inside. He wanted more of Kyungsoo but he knew that this wasn’t the time nor the place to do any of that. The one thing he could do though he did. He and bit on Kyungsoo’s neck hard enough that it would leave a hickey.

            After a couple of minutes Kai moved away and gave Kyungsoo one more kiss on the lips. “Do you feel better now?” Kai asked a bit seductively.

            “Yeah. Thanks. I could do without the hickey on my neck though.” Kyungsoo joked.

            “It’s just so you know that I am here for you. You can come to me for anything.” Kai explained and then gave him one more quick kiss.

            “Thanks. We should probably get back to work. But now I am going to have to explain to everyone why I have a bruise on my neck.” Kyungsoo joked.

            “Just tell them that it was a cooking accident. It makes sense if you do.” Kai explained.

            It was a good idea. “Well maybe I’ll use that idea. For now though lets just pretend that none of this happened. You can come over tonight again if you want to.” Kyungsoo invited.

            This made Kai smile. “I should just move in with you since I spend most of my time over there when I am not at work.” He said.

            “Well maybe one day we can move in together. As of right now though let’s just focus on our relationship and trying not to make out in the storage room.” Kyungsoo joked.

            The two of them laughed and then made their way out of the storage closet. Kyungsoo went back into the kitchen while Kai went back into the break room where the other three guys were still in there talking. Kai looked at Chanyeol and then gave him a smirk. “You are off the hook for now. You really owe me for that.” Kai explained.

            “See I told you that you would owe him.” Sehun explained.

            “Dammit. Okay Kai, what is it that you want in return?” Chanyeol asked just wanting to get it all out of the way.

            Kai looked at Chanyeol for a little while trying to figure out what he wants from Chanyeol. In the end he sat down and sat back in his chair. Again he put on a smirk that Chanyeol was now growing to hate. “You know what, I’m going to save it for a bit. When I really need it I am going to ask for it.” He explained.

            “You always do that to me.” Chanyeol complained.

            “Chanyeol just take it. You know that the more you complain about it the more that Kai is going to make you wait and also the bigger he’s going to make it.” Baekhyun explained.

            “That’s true. I’m kind of upset that you picked up on that though Baekhyun. I wanted Chanyeol to figure that out on his own.” Kai explained.

            “If he did that Kai he would never have figured that out.” Sehun explained.

            Everyone laughed, even Chanyeol because he knew for a fact that what Sehun said was true. It was then that all their watches started to go off to indicate that their break was over. “Looks like it’s back to work.” Baekhyun said. They all go up and walked out of the break room to start the next part of their shift.

 

~*~*~*~*~*~

 

            It was now over a week since EXO-K deli had retaliated against EXO-M deli. Also, it was the night where Sehun was going to take Luhan out on a date. The whole day Luhan was thinking about it. He didn’t know what to do and what to wear. He was completely lost on everything.

            Luhan was standing at the counter next to the cash registrar when he just groaned and hit his head onto the counter. Tao looked at him and laughed. “What’s wrong with you?” He asked.

            “I have a date tonight and I have no idea what I am going to do about it. I can’t think of anything to do!” Luhan complained while his head was still on the counter.

            Tao had the hardest time understanding Luhan but he was able to figure out what he was saying. “I’m sure you can think of something. You usually do.” He said and then started to wipe the counters.

            “I don’t know about that. When Luhan really likes someone his mind kind of goes blank. He gets all nervous and there are times when he even starts shaking because he’s so nervous.” Lay explained while coming out from the back and joining the two in the front. Since there weren’t many people at this time Lay decided to hang out with the two of them.

            “Wow, Luhan that’s adorable. I never knew you had that side of you. Well I wish you luck on your date.” Tao said a bit teasingly and then left the two alone to go and sort things out in the storage room.

            “Lay what am I going to do?!” Luhan asked as he lifted his head and covered his face with his hands.

            “Well first off you need to calm down. You know that you can’t think when you’re nervous and freaking out.” Lay said and then put a hand on Luhan’s shoulder.

            Luhan groaned again and ran his hands through his hair which in the end messed up his hair pretty bad. It looked like he woke up from his bed and then got hit by a taser right after. “Why can’t I just calm down?” He complained.

            Lay could only laugh at Luhan and his new hairstyle that he just created. He started to fix Luhan’s hair and sigh. “You are a mixture of emotions right now. Once you get on this date everything will be okay. You will calm down and you will have a great time.” He explained.

            “I guess you’re right. I need to just relax. Can you help me and come to my place tonight? I need to pick an outfit.” Luhan explained.

            Just as Lay smiled he started to feel a very strong pain in his back. He winced a bit but masked it over with a nod. “Yeah I’ll come over and help you. It’s no problem.” He replied calmly.

            For as long as Luhan has known Lay he could always tell when he was in pain. He also knew that Lay did not have the easiest time at home. He already knew that his dad would get angry and upset quite frequently with some violence. Unfortunately though he didn’t know that Lay basically got beaten every day. “Lay, are you okay?” Luhan asked.

            Of course Lay shook it off and nodded his head. “Of course I’m okay. I’m just a little tired from the work. That’s all.” He explained.

            Luhan stared at Lay for a second and then turned away. In his head he was wondering if he should ask him about his father or not. A voice was telling him that it wasn’t a good idea but a bigger voice in his head was just telling him to ask. “Lay, how is everything going at home? Your dad isn’t still hitting you is he?”

            That caught Lay completely off guard. He didn’t know how to react to that question. All he knew was that he wanted to drop this conversation now. “Everything’s fine. I uh, I need to go back and check on the ingredients.” He said and then started to walk away from Luhan.

            As bad as he felt Luhan had to ask. He has always known Lay to think of others before himself and even when he was in pain he didn’t like to bother anyone about it. Part of him thought that his father also told him that if he was to cry or even talk about it to anyone then he would be a baby. Lay always has to prove himself to his father. But Luhan had to just mind his own business.

 

            After Lay hung out with Luhan a bit after work and went to his apartment. It took a while but they managed to find an outfit that Luhan actually really liked. It was a nice shirt with some blue jeans. Lay liked the way that Luhan looked in the outfit and sat down on his chair in the common room.

            “You look pretty good. I think that Sehun is going to like you like that.” Lay said while looking over Luhan again.

            “Do you really think so?” Luhan asked while assessing himself in the mirror.

            “Of course. Now if you get laid tonight remember that I was the one to help you out with this outfit. I am partially to thank.” Lay joked with him.

            “Lay! You can’t say that! You know that I never do anything like that on the first date. Neither do you. Which I’ve been meaning to ask, when are you going to ask Suho out again?” Luhan asked.

            There was a sigh that left Lay. “I don’t know. I was thinking about asking him out again tomorrow but I don’t know. I think my mom wants to do something with the family. I’m not too thrilled around that.” Lay explained.

            There was a sadness that Luhan say in Lay’s eyes when he looked at him. As much as Lay was smiling about it he couldn’t help but feel bad for him. “Lay, do you want to just stay here for a couple of days? I mean I know that you still live at home and that can be annoying. So if you want to stay here for a little while I’m okay with that.” Luhan offered.

            Lay looked down and it was obvious that he was thinking about it. Deep down inside he wanted to move out of his house but the unfortunate truth was that he just couldn’t afford it. He could actually get an apartment but the rent would just kill him at this moment. He still had quite a bit of money to save in order to really move out.

            “Thanks for the offer but I’m okay. It’s better for me to stay at home.” Lay explained. Especially since it was true. He knew that if he left and then came back he would get beat even more than he already is.

            Suddenly the doorbell rang and the two boys jumped a little in surprise. “Looks like it’s time for me to go.” Lay said and then stood up.

            “Okay, I’ll walk you out. That’s what a good host should do anyway.” Luhan explained and walked Lay to the door.

            When Luhan put his hand on the doorknob he took in a deep breath. He turned the knob and opened the door to see Sehun standing there in a blue shirt with a leather jacket. To Luhan he looked absolutely perfect. “Hey.” Sehun said.

            “Hey.” Luhan managed to say even though his heart was starting to pound like crazy.

            “I’m sorry to interrupt this touching moment but I have to get going home. I’ll get out of your way.” Lay said while passing the two boys.

            “Oh, Lay. It’s been a while. How’s it going?” Sehun asked him.

            “I’m well. But as I said, I have to get going. You two enjoy yourselves tonight. Sehun, take care of my best friend.” Lay said and then left.

            Once they were finally alone Sehun smiled at Luhan and put his hands in his pockets. He was nervous about this whole thing too but he was better about hiding it than Luhan. “Shall we get going? It’s nothing special tonight but I figured that I could at least buy you a meal and talk a little bit.” Sehun explained.

            “Yeah that’s fine. I’ll just grab my keys and then we can go.” Luhan replied more calmly now and walked over to his side table and grabbed his keys. He stuffed them into his pocket and walked back to the door and locked it. Luhan finally closed it and walked with Sehun out to his car. Sehun held the door opened for him. That made Luhan blush a little. He got into the car and then Sehun closed the door to walk to the other side. Sehun then got into the car and started it. He then proceeded to go and take Luhan out to dinner.

            The dinner was very casual but the restaurant was pretty good. It was also a very decently priced so Luhan didn’t feel too bad about it. The whole time they were having dinner though things became very calm and relaxing. The two would just talk about their days and a bit of back story. It was a bonding moment for the two of them.

            After they ate their dinner Sehun noticed that there was a bike path. Since he was always one to want to go on adventures he convinced Luhan to go walking with him. Since he was having a really good time with Sehun, Luhan just agreed to go.

            On the walk Sehun and Luhan were walking very close to each other. It was quiet for a bit but then Sehun started a conversation. “So, have you been thinking about getting another job yet?” He asked.

            Luhan sighed and let the wind gently blow on his face. “I don’t think so. I mean, as long as Lay is there I don’t really want to get a new job. Or another one.” He explained.

            Sehun looked away and sighed as well. “I find it great that you and Lay are so close. You two sometimes seem inseparable.” He explained. If he was being honest with himself, he would have to say that he was a bit jealous.

            “We’ve just known each other for a very long time. That’s all. I mean we’re close and everything but there is nothing really between us.” Luhan explained to Sehun hoping that he wouldn’t take anything the wrong way.

            There was a bit of relief that Sehun had. As they were walking he stopped for a second and turned towards Luhan. This was going to be his time to be bold and just ask Luhan. “Luhan, do you, do you think that there could be something between us?” He asked.

            Luhan stopped too and turned to look Sehun right in the eyes. The whole time he was hoping that Sehun felt the same way as him. Now that he knew that he did there were mixed feelings. “I, I’m not sure right now.” Luhan said and then looked down.

            Sehun looked away beating himself up inside. He should have known that this was all too fast for Luhan. “I understand. I’m just going to walk back to the car now.” He said and turned around to start walking back to the car.

            On the inside Luhan knew that this was a great opportunity. If he lets this slip by then there is a strong chance that he will never get it again. “Sehun, wait.” Luhan said. Sehun stopped in his tracks and looked back at Luhan. “If you are willing to try this, then I believe that we could have a relationship.”

            Upon hearing those words a huge smile grew on Sehun’s face. He walked back over to Luhan and stared into his deer shaped eyes. “I am willing to try. I want to be with you right now and I am willing to try everything to make you happy.” Sehun explained.

            There was a smile that appeared on Luhan’s face. “Thank you. So, I guess then we can be called a couple then?” He asked.

            “It seems so. Since we are now a couple, I want to make sure that this is okay. Do you mind if I hold your hand?” Sehun asked sweetly.

            Luhan nodded and then Sehun grabbed his hand. When they held hands Luhan noticed that Sehun’s hand was warm and that it fit perfectly into his. It felt so right to him that they were holding hands. In all he felt like this was the best night of his life so far. Together they walked back to the car and ended the night together on a good note.

 

~*~*~*~*~*~

 

            A full three weeks have now passed since EXO-K had their retaliation. In EXO-M deli the staff was now thinking of way to get back at EXO-K deli. At this point it was mostly ideas and whispers so there was no doubt that it was going to take them just a little longer to really make their move. It was mostly the secondary staff that were making the big plans. It primary staff had their priorities straight.

            Xiumin and Chen were the other two people in the deli that didn’t really want to participate in any of the plans against EXO-K deli. They believed that since EXO-K already got back at them that there was no need to plan against the other deli. It was just not necessary. Of course they both know that egos were hurt so this was going to last for quite a while.

            “I can’t believe that everyone here is taking all of this so seriously. Aren’t we all supposed to be grown adults?” Chen asked rhetorically.

            “I know. We just have to let this whole thing happen though. Once things start to die down then everything will be back to normal and there won’t be a rivalry.” Xiumin explained while placing a loaf of bread into the oven to bake.

            “That’s true. I just wish that things could just be a little bit calmer around here. Everyone is too stressed around here. We need to relax.” Chen explained while stirring his new batch of soup.

            Just as Xiumin was going to reply a group of the staff started to walk past them. “It’s break time!” One of them announced. A bunch of them walked by and looked relieved to be taking a break. In the back of the heard there was Luhan and Lay. Luhan was so happy and was talking to Lay about something. That caught Chen’s attention and he looked over at Xiumin. Once everyone was out of the room he finally said something.

            “Why is it that Luhan looks like a little child on Christmas morning?” Chen asked Xiumin.

            After hearing that Xiumin giggled a little. “I’m not entirely sure. I think that he’s in a relationship right now. I heard him talking to Lay about it the other day. It sounds like he really likes this person. And the funny thing is, I think that it’s another guy.” He explained and whispered the last part.

            “Are you serious? I mean I had my doubts about him being straight since he’s so pretty but now that I know I feel better about it. There is no way that anyone could be that pretty and not be gay.” Chen explained.

            “That’s true. He is really pretty. I don’t understand how that works. There are times when I wish that I had his good looks.” Xiumin said as he leaned back against the wall to watch the bread cook.

            Chen sighed and then put down his spoon. He walked over to Xiumin and looked him right in the eyes. He put his hands on Xiumin’s hips and pulled him closer towards him and off the wall. He held him close and had a smile that was so bright. “To me, you are the most beautiful person in the world. Nothing is ever going to change that. I know how I feel about you and I find you beautiful.” He explained.

            Xiumin was so in love with Chen at that moment. There was no way to show it besides kissing him. He wrapped his arms around Chen’s neck and started to kiss him. Since everyone was in the break room for now they were okay to do this. Both of them just loved the fact that they could hold each other and show each other affection in their work place. They didn’t get to do it so this was definitely a different experience.

            When they finally pulled apart Xiumin kept his arms around Chen. “I am really happy that you decided to stay here. I don’t know what I would do without you here. I think I would have lost my sanity by now. Especially since this whole thing has occurred.” Xiumin explained while leaning his lead on Chen’s shoulder.

            “I know you would go crazy. I think that I am part of your sanity.” Chen joked with Xiumin.

            Suddenly they heard Luhan’s voice in the distance. “It’s about time!” Luhan shouted.

            “What is going on?” Xiumin asked.

            “I think that Luhan and Lay are cutting their break short.” Chen explained and then let go of Xiumin. He went back to his soup pot and started to take care of his soup again. He sighed at the fact that the special moment was cut short.

            A few seconds later they heard bickering. “Lay you can’t just walk away from me. We have to celebrate. You have been thinking about doing this for weeks now. They even said yes so I don’t know why you are getting upset.” Luhan was saying as Lay and him walked by and into the kitchen.

            Lay got to his station and put his hands on the counter. “It’s not the fact that I am getting upset Luhan. It just feel like you are smothering me right now. They said yes and we are just going to go from there.” He explained.

            Xiumin and Chen then picked it up. “Ah so Lay has a date now? When it date night? Xiumin asked.

            Lay looked up at Xiumin and Chen and just stared at them for a moment. “I go out with them tomorrow. We are going to go out to dinner and then we are going to go to an outside orchestra concert in the park that’s free.” He explained.

            “That sounds nice. I have to say that it’s pretty romantic. Have you been thinking about that this whole time?” Chen asked.

            Lay just shook his head. “No, the opera was their idea. But I really don’t want to talk about this right now. I’m going to get back to work and you Luhan, should stop bugging me and get back to work too.” Lay said and then started to pull out ingredients. Luhan smirked and then went to the front to go to his station. Chen and Xiumin looked at each other and just started laughing.

 

~*~*~*~*~*~

 

            Since Lay barely got out of his house he was running a bit late on for his date with Suho. That was actually the last thing that he wanted. He spent quite a few weeks working up the courage to ask him out again. To his surprise Suho had said yes and even sounded excited. There was no way that he was going to miss this.

            The first thing that they were going to was go to the park to hear the orchestra. Suho had to stay at work late and in order to get there in time he would have to come straight there. Lay didn’t mind that since he actually really enjoyed spending time with Suho.

            Lay had to take a taxi there since he didn’t have a car. When he got there Suho was standing on the side waiting for him. Lay ran over to him and smiled. “Hey sorry that I’m a little late.” Lay said.

            Suho looked up and smiled. “Don’t worry about it. We should try and find some seats before it all fills up.” Suho said and then the two walked towards the chairs that were lined up in the park. Suho chose to sit in the middle row on the left side since they were lined up into twelve rows that split into two different groups.

            When they sat down Lay felt a pain in his back. Since he basically got beat before he left the house the wounds on his back were raw. He ignored the pain though. He didn’t want to have to deal with it this entire time.

            “So did you have work today?” Suho asked him.

            Lay looked at him and nodded. “Yeah. I pretty much work every day. For some reason the other person who makes sandwiches doesn’t like to come in too often. I don’t mind it though since I get paid more.” He explained.

            Suho nodded and then they saw that the orchestra was starting to go into position. They sat back and relaxed and enjoyed the show for the time being. The music was just beautiful and it felt like that concert was only ten minutes instead of an entire hour and a half. It was just absolutely beautiful. It had to be the most relaxing thing that the two of them have done in a long time.

            Right after the concert finished the two went over to a nearby restaurant and had a decent meal. The two just couldn’t stop talking about the concert since they loved it so much. They would also talk about their time at work and even part of their lives.

            After eating dinner the two made it back to the park to talk a little bit. Lay was a bit nervous but he started a conversation. “You know, I’m glad that you agreed to go out with me tonight.” He said.

            “Oh, that was no problem. I was actually really glad that you called. At first I was surprised but then I was happy to hear from you.” Suho said and then put his hands into his pockets.

            Lay felt so happy when he heard that. It was a happy that he just couldn’t explain. “Well, thank you for coming with me. I didn’t even know if you would agree to come. I just had a great time last time that I wanted to hang out again.” He explained and looked around the park.

            “I had a good time last time too. I actually missed spending time with you. I had a lot of fun that night.” Suho replied.

            While hearing all of this Lay was thinking whether he should just be bold and ask Suho out. He really wanted to but he was so nervous. He bit his lip though and took a deep breath. “Suho, there is actually something that I wanted to ask you. Ever since I met you in the grocery store that one day I’ve felt something towards you. When we went out that one night I couldn’t help but think that I wanted to be with you more. So I was wondering, if, if you would maybe like to go out with me. Like officially instead of just friends.” He finally managed to say.

            As the two were standing there Suho was just looking at Lay. He never thought that this would actually happen. He didn’t think that Lay would manage to ask him out and want to get together so quickly. There were some doubts but he smiled and looked Lay in the eyes.

            “You know what, I would love to go out with you. Officially that is.” Suho replied.

            Lay was just in complete shock. There was no way in his mind that Suho just said yes. “Wait, did you just say that you would want to?” He asked for confirmation.

            Suho just laughed and walked closer to Lay. When he was close enough to him he leaned over and gave him a kiss on the cheek. “I would love to be your boyfriend.” He replied.

            Upon rehearing those words Lay smiled widely. He let out a small laugh and then grabbed Suho and gave him a hug. Suho returned the hug and felt like that was the place that he needed to be. It was just right to be in there at the moment. That hug was the most genuine hug ever.

            “Okay I think that we should get going. I need to wake up early to go open up the deli tomorrow. How did you get here?” Suho asked as he pulled out of Lay’s hug.

            “I took a taxi. I’m working on getting a car. Amongst other things as well.” Lay explained to him.

            “I see. Well do you want me to give you a ride home? I really don’t mind it.” Suho offered.

            Lay smiled and placed his hand on Suho’s cheek. “That’s very sweet of you. But it’s really okay. I’ll just take another taxi back. It’s really no big deal.” He replied.

            “If you say so. Could you at least walk me to my car then?” Suho asked in a sweet voice.

            “Of course I can. Let’s go.” Lay said and then held out his hand towards Suho. Suho smiled and grabbed Lay’s hand.

            They made their way over to the parking lot and got to Suho’s car in about ten minutes. Lay let go of Suho’s hand so that he could pull out his keys. “Well I guess this is where we part for tonight.” Suho explained.

            “I guess so. Drive safe okay? Let me know when you are free so we can go out again.” Lay explained and smiled.

            “Don’t worry I will.” Suho replied.

            “Good. Well have a good night.” Lay said and then gave Suho a long sweet kiss on the cheek. “Make sure that you get enough sleep.”

            “Okay. Goodnight.” Suho said and then got into his car. Lay nodded and then started to walk out into the sidewalk. Almost immediately he got a taxi. Once he got inside and left Suho sighed and then touched his cheek where Lay had kissed him. This was definitely one great night for him. He couldn’t have asked for it any other way. 

 

A/N: Okay my cubs you all got so lucky that I had this writers spree come into my head. I hope that you liked it. So back to the action the next chapter. At least everyone is together now right. Also I have an announcement. I will be starting a new story soon called "Love of a New Era". It's going to be a BAP and VIXX story. I should be adding that in the next month or so. But I wanted to let you all know that it does not mean that I am going to abondon this story. It just might take more time to update now. Anyway thanls for reading and I love you all my subscribers! Please Comment cause I love reading them!