Chapter 7: Party Preparations

"Friendly" Competition

            “Chanyeol! Baekhyun! Come into the break room immediately!” Suho shouted from his office. He was then seen making his way over to the break room.

            It was around mid-day on Thursday when Suho yelled at the two boys. Whenever Suho yelled no one took that as a good sign. It usually meant that someone was in trouble and they knew who it was. Everyone looked at Baekhyun and Chanyeol with shock on their faces. The two boys stood there shocked too. They had to think about if they done anything this week to get them in trouble. But they couldn’t think of anything.

            “Okay what did you two manage to do in order to get Suho mad?” Sehun asked with a slight giggle in his voice while making a sandwich order.

            “Honestly I don’t know. We haven’t done anything recently in order to get us in trouble. We really haven’t done anything in the past two weeks. Not since the- never mind.” Baekhyun started but cut himself off realizing that he was starting to say too much.

            “That doesn’t seem to be the case here. It is obvious that you two have done something. Suho usually has a reason to get mad.” Kai said.

            “But we didn’t do anything. Honestly whatever it was, we had no part in it. This is all just a misunderstanding.” Chanyeol said in order to defend himself.

            Kyungsoo rolled his eyes and shook his head. “It really doesn’t matter if you two did it or not. Just face your fate and get it over with. If you didn’t do it then prove your innocence. If you did do it then just accept your fate and get it over with. But right now you both need to go. We all know that Suho only has so much patience.” He explained.

            This made both Baekhyun and Chanyeol very nervous. They left their stations and started to head over towards the break room. The two boys really wondered what they did in order to get in trouble. But they just couldn’t think of what they did to make Suho so mad.

            “Hey, do you think that he figured out that we were the ones who let out almost all the air out of his tires?” Chanyeol asked in a voice that was a little louder than a whisper.

            “No way. We were way too careful with that. We made sure that there were no camera’s around and that there were no witnesses. We were extra careful with everything. Besides, Suho hasn’t mentioned that in a while.” Baekhyun replied softly.

            A confused look fell upon Chanyeol. He was still walking down the hallway until he finally thought about something that could have got them in trouble. He stopped and then grabbed Baekhyun’s arm. When Baekhyun looked at Chanyeol he saw that his eyes were wide in panic.

            “Do you think that he found out?” Chanyeol asked.

            Baekhyun was confused. “Found out what?” He asked.

            Chanyeol gave Baekhyun a look and then he got the hint almost immediately. “That can’t be possible. We haven’t done anything at work that would have hinted to him about it.” He replied. But on the inside, Baekhyun just wasn’t sure about the whole thing. There was some doubt in his mind.

            The two boys then continued to walk down the small hallway. They were starting to grow a little nervous but they did their best to hide it. AS they entered the break room Suho was sitting on a chair while he was waiting for the two boys. They swallowed and took in a deep breath. Suho then turned and smiled at the boys.

            “Come on in guys. Could one of you two close the door though before you sit down?” Suho said.

            Baekhyun and Chanyeol nodded. Baekhyun went to go sit down and then Chanyeol closed the door. He then walked further into the break room to go sit next to Baekhyun who was sitting across from Suho at the table.

            In the room it was quiet for a few seconds. They were long seconds and the atmosphere started to get a little tense. So in order to break the silence Baekhyun just had to come out and ask Suho already.

            “Suho, are we in trouble for something?” He asked.

            There was confusion on Suho’s face. He had no idea why Baekhyun was asking that. Then after thinking about it, he realized why the boys though that they were in trouble in the first place. “Oh, is it because I yelled at you that you think you’re in trouble? Sorry about that. I’m just stressed with the while party in general. That is what I actually want to talk to you two about.” He explained.

            Both Baekhyun and Chanyeol both sighed in relief. Their bodies started to become more relived now and they started to perk up instead of being so stiff. “That’s a complete relief.” Chanyeol said without thinking.

            Suho raised an eyebrow. “Boys, is there something that I should know that you two aren’t telling me?” He asked.

            Baekhyun thought of something quickly. “Of course not. We are good employee’s for the most part.” He liked. It was a good thing that he was the one who thought of it since Chanyeol had been known as a horrible liar.

            Suho sighed and then he decided to drop the subject. If it was the two of them then he really didn’t want to know about it. “Well anyway, Kyungsoo and I have picked a venue. We have reserved for our party to be at the SM Hotel in the ballroom. We actually managed to get a discount there since our bosses are connected to the hotel business. Hopefully one of you two know where it is right?” He asked.

            Chanyeol nodded his head. “Yup. It’s past that one ramen restaurant and it has trees in front of a long but narrow road right? Her asked.

            “That seems to be the one. Okay now the next thing that we have to talk about is your budget. The company is only giving you guys around 1,500,000 won ($1500). Anything more than that is going to have to come out of your own pocket. It may seem like a lot but it can also be a small amount too. Just use the money wisely.” Suho explained to the boys.

            Baekhyun thought about it and he thought that the 1,500,000 won seemed like it was a bit of money. He started to really think about somethings that they could buy with that money. He then looked up at Suho and smiled. “I think that’ll be enough money for us. It might even end up being more money than we need.” He explained.

            Suho smiled at that. “Well just use what you boys need to. Now, I know that I’m giving you guys a big task with such a short amount of time. Tomorrow night is the party and you guys are only going to have a few hours to decorate the whole place. So I’m going to give you the rest of today, and tomorrow to work out what you two want to do.” He explained.

            A smile started to grow on the two boy’s faces. The two boys seemed really pleased with what Suho was telling them. “Wait, so we don’t really have to work? We can just take these two days to focus on the decorations?” Chanyeol asked for a confirmation.

            “Yup, and I’ll still pay you both for your time.” Suho replied to him.

            Chanyeol put on a bigger smile after hearing that. “I am really starting to like the fact that we are decorations.” He said.

            “As you should. I am really counting on you guys. But I’ll leave you two alone now so that you can get to planning.” Suho said and started to make his way towards the door.

            Before Suho actually got to the door Baekhyun spoke. “Can you close the door when you leave? I just need some time to really think about what we are going to do. You know that I get distracted easily.”

            “Of course. If you need anything just come to my office and then maybe I can help you guys out.” Suho replied.

            “We’ll let you know if we need help. Thanks boss.” Chanyeol replied.

            A nod came from Suho followed by a smile. He walked towards the door and then grabbed the handle. He continued to walk out while closing the door behind him while leaving the two boys to figure out what they wanted the ballroom to look like. Then he went into his office to work on some paper work. Just by doing that, he didn’t come out of his office for hours.

            Once the door was closed the two boys were even more relaxed than they were before. Baekhyun got up from his seat and made his way over to a drawer to get out a few pieces of paper and a pencil. Baekhyun was basically a visionary so he basically had to draw out and plan everything first before actually doing it.

            Baekhyun sat back down and sighed. “Okay lets plan this whole thing out now.” He said excitedly.

            Chanyeol nodded and started to scoot his chair closer over to Baekhyun. He looked over Baekhyun’s shoulder and watched him started to draw out what he thought the layout of the tables should look like. The other thing about Baekhyun, was that he was a very detailed person. When he drew things out, he drew them to exactly what he thought it should look like.

            After he finished making the layout, Baekhyun looked at Chanyeol and smiled. “Does that look good to you?” He asked.

            Chanyeol observed the picture. He then nodded. “I think that looks pretty good. There is enough space and everything between the tables. Also the dance floor space looks perfect.” He replied.

            “Okay good. As far as decorations go, what do you want to do? I know you have some good idea’s in that brain of yours.” Baekhyun said.

            A giant smile fell upon Chanyeol’s face. “Well I really would like to put balloons at the entrance. We can make it into an arch at the front. Do you get what I am talking about?” He asked.

            Baekhyun thought about it for a second and then nodded. “I think I know what you are talking about.” He said and then he started to move his pencil so that he could draw out what he thought Chanyeol meant.

            Once Chanyeol saw that Baekhyun was on the same page as him he smiled and nodded his head. “Yup, that is exactly what I had in mind. See great minds really do think alike.” He said.

            Baekhyun looked at the drawing and sighed. “To me it seems a little plain just by itself. Why don’t we have some bigger arches as well after the one by the door? Then we could also make a few vertical balloons to make it seem more like a hallway entrance.” He explained while drawing that out as well.

            As he looked at it, Chanyeol really started to see that the decorations were coming together and that it actually looked really good. “That looks really good. I was also thinking that we could also put up a banner or string some letters that say ‘Welcome EXO’ or some kind of motto or saying.” He explained.

            “I really like the idea of a motto. But I think that we should ask Suho what he wants to put as a motto. I want to see what he has in mind.” Baekhyun explained.

            “That is true. Since he is in charge of the party then we probably should ask him if he has anything in mind.” Chanyeol agreed.

            Baekhyun nodded and then thought about something. He squinted his eyes and then put his pencil up to his mouth. “Do you have any idea as to what we should do about the center pieces on the tables?” He asked.

            Chanyeol thought about it for a whole too. He ended up biting his lip and shaking his head. “I’m not really sure. All I know is that I don’t want flowers just in fancy vases. That just seems way too ordinary and usual.” He said.

            “I agree.” Baekhyun said and then started thinking about all the possibilities in his head. He thought about it for a few minutes when an idea finally presented itself to him. “How about we still have flowers but we use it for a different concept?”

            There was a confused look on Chanyeol’s face. “I don’t really follow you.” He replied to Baekhyun.

            “Okay just imagine this. Instead of putting the flowers in the fancy vases, why don’t we put them in round bowls that are a bit large? They will be made of glass and we can put pebbles on the bottom and fill it up with water. Then we can cut the stems of the flowers and place them in the water so that they float around. Then we can just take some petals and let them float around as well and then we can even put a candle in there. Does that sound okay to you?”

            “Yeah I think that sounds perfect.” Chanyeol replied to Baekhyun. A smile appeared on Baekhyun’s face and that made Chanyeol’s heart start to flutter. Chanyeol looked into Baekhyun’s eyes and was immediately mesmerized. Baekhyun had looked away first and then went back to drawing. Chanyeol always smiled bigger when he was around Baekhyun.

           

~.~.~.~.~.~

 

            In the break room Baekhyun was thinking of all the supplies they needed and started top write it all down on a piece of paper. As he was doing that, Chanyeol was having a chat with Suho to see what he wanted to do about the motto. It was a short talk but very meaningful.

            Just as Baekhyun was finishing up the list, Chanyeol came in and closed the door behind him again. Baekhyun looked up to see Chanyeol coming towards him. The taller boy walked over to Baekhyun and sat down in the chair next to him.

            “So what did Suho say?” Baekhyun asked.

            Chanyeol sighed. “He basically said that he wanted it to have something about unity in it. He then started to think about it and he came up with ‘We Are One’ and then he wants ‘EXO’ on the bottom of the motto.” He explained.

            After he heard the motto Baekhyun seemed to be very pleased with it. He didn’t expect anything less from Suho. “I really like that. It has a really nice ring to it.” He said.

            “It does. But do you want to know what I like more than that motto?” Chanyeol asked Baekhyun.

            There was such a confused look on Baekhyun’s face. He couldn’t possibly think of a better motto. “What is that?” He asked.

            Chanyeol started to move closer to Baekhyun. “I like you more than that motto.” He said softly and started to lean in closer to Baekhyun.

            Baekhyun’s cheeks started to turn a bright red. He saw Chanyeol leaning into him so he put up his hand and stopped him from getting any closer. There was a sigh that left Chanyeol’s lips and then he leaned back just a little. “Chanyeol, you know the rule. Not at work.” He said.

            Chanyeol pouted and then fully leaned back in his chair. “Everyone is busy working right now. No one would walk in on us. The only person who would is Suho and he is stuck in his office doing paperwork.” He explained.

            “You don’t know that. Plus there are also camera’s all around the deli. They purposely put in hidden cameras so that they can spy on the staff and to catch any one who is sneaking in. We can be being watched right now.”  Baekhyun explained.

            The hidden cameras were something that Chanyeol had completely forgotten about. It had totally slipped his mind. But the camera’s really frustrated Chanyeol now. They ruined everything for him at that moment. There were just some times that he wanted to kiss his boyfriend freely at work. And this time was even more so than others.

            A frustrated sigh was let out. “Sometimes it frustrates me that I can’t kiss you here at work.” Chanyeol admitted.

            “I know. There are times when it really frustrates me too. But we don’t need anyone knowing that we are together. They are really strict about co-workers dating.” Baekhyun explained while reminding Chanyeol of that rule.

            Chanyeol groaned in frustration. “I know that. It just .” He replied.

            Baekhyun smiled and then stood up from his chair. He then turned towards Chanyeol. He took a few steps towards Chanyeol until he was really close to him. Now in between Chanyeol’s legs, he put his arms around his neck and smiled. Chanyeol was in complete shock. He really thought that Baekhyun was finally going to just break the rule and give in. Baekhyun started to lean into Chanyeol but he stopped just centimeters away from Chanyeol’s lips.

            “Chanyeol?” Luhan said as his warm breath fell upon Chanyeol’s lips. He could feel his heart start to race even more.

            Just hearing his name made Chanyeol so mesmerized. “Yes Baekhyun.” He answered.

            Baekhyun smiled and then pulled away. “Let’s go shopping.” He said and started to walk over to the door.

            Chanyeol groaned again and let out a very disappointed sigh. “You can be such a damn tease. You know that right?” He asked Baekhyun.

            Baekhyun just put on a smile. “I know that. I actually enjoy it sometimes too. But if you are lucky, after we go shopping, I might give you something that you have been wanting for a while now.” He said.

            This caused Chanyeol’s eyes to become wide. He got up from his chair and walked over to the door where Baekhyun was standing. Chanyeol looked the shorter boy in the eyes and then put on a giant smile again. “Let’s get going.”

            Baekhyun rolled his eyes and laughed. Chanyeol grabbed his wrist and started to pull him out of the deli. This caused some people to stare but they didn’t really care. Chanyeol just wanted to get the shopping over and done with. Baekhyun was just smiling so much. He kept it on the whole time that they were together.

 

~.~.~.~.~.~

 

            After two hours, the boys finally finished their shopping. They were now sitting on a table that was outside an ice cream shop. They were tired from all the searching and arguing that they had to endure. Baekhyun was exhausted from arguing with a woman who wasn’t willing to sell them so many flowers. She said that she didn’t have enough for that little amount of time. Even though Baekhyun saw that there was the perfect amount just in the front of the store. Baekhyun figured she was just being difficult. Then Chanyeol ended up fighting with an older man at a party store who said that he couldn’t make that whole arch plus more in the short amount of time. But when Chanyeol finally showed him some money the man changed his mind.

            So, in order to forget everything, the two boys sat down outside and ordered some ice cream to make themselves feel better. But as they were eating their ice cream, Chanyeol was starting to think about something. Baekhyun noticed it too.

            “Is something wrong Chanyeol?” Baekhyun asked.

            Chanyeol shook his head and then grinned. “Do you want to stay over at my place tonighyt?” He asked seriously.

            Baekhyun took another bite of his strawberry ice cream. He shyly looked away from Chanyeol because he knew what was going to come next when he rejected Chanyeol. “No way.” He said bluntly.

            The answer seemed to really catch Chanyeol off guard. He didn’t know why Baekhyun was rejecting him. “Why not? It’ll be convenient if we just go to the hotel together and you wouldn’t have to pick me up if you stayed over. You and I both know that you don’t necessarily live nearby.” He explained.

            “As true as that is, I still don’t want to stay over. The last time I was over there things got a little out of hand.” Baekhyun explained.

            A confused look presented itself of Chanyeol’s face. “What are you talking about? What got out of hand?” He asked.

            Baekhyun’s eyes became wide in shock. He then grew a little mad. “How can you not remember? I can’t believe that you forgot about it.” He said.

            “What is there to remember Baekhyun? What happened the last time you were at my place?” Chanyeol asked.

            Baekhyun rolled his eyes and scoffed. He then pouted. “I just cannot believe that you don’t remember what happened. I still remember it and I also remember how sore I was the next day. I know that it was my first time but that was just way too painful.” He explained.

            The last part of what Baekhyun said really started to trigger Chanyeol’s memory. He started to smile as he started to fully remember everything. He laughed about it and then had a little smirk on his face.

            “Now I remember everything. But if I remember correctly, you were the one who really asked for it.” He said.

            “Yeah but I didn’t know that it would end up being that painful the next morning. If I knew that then I wouldn’t have done it. I could barely stand at work after that.” Baekhyun argued.

            “You know that you liked it. The more intense that it became the more fun you had and you know that it’s true. It’s just something that you cannot deny.” Chaneyol replied.

            A light blush started to fill Baekhyun’s cheeks. “Whatever.” He replied.

            Chanyeol laughed again and started to move a little closer to Baekhyun. “Please stay over. I promise this time that you won’t be in that much pain.” He said teasingly.

            “Shut up. I don’t want to stay over.” Baekhyun said.

            “Oh come on. I promise that we won’t play soccer this time. Or that intense of a game this time.” Chanyeol said.

            Baekhyun rolled his eyes again. “Yeah right. You didn’t even know that your family was coming over that day. We were just making out on the couch when we heard a way of knocks on your apartment door. Then as we opened the door, BOOM! There were all of your family members.” He said.

            “How was I supposed to know that all of them were coming over that day?” Chanyeol asked defensively.

            “Hello? You were supposed to know because they sent you several letters saying that they WERE coming and that they wanted to hang out with you while they were here. You obviously don’t read your mail efficiently.” Baekhyun argued.

            A sigh left Chanyeol and then he looked at Baekhyun. He scooted even closer to the boy and then turned his head so that they were looking into each other’s eyes. “I’m sorry baby.” He said and then gave Baekhyun a soft kiss on the cheek. “But you were the one who took up my brother’s challenge. No one does that.”

            Baekhyun just scoffed. “I had to. If I didn’t take him up on the challenge then I would have looked like a wuss. Besides, it was actually pretty fun once the game started.” He admitted.

            Chanyeol smirked again and then then placed his chair right next to Baekhyun’s. “So you admit that you did have fun when they came over.” He said.

            “Of course I did. As painful as it was to play that violently and then to lose, it was fun. I just wish that your family wasn’t so intense over the game.” Baekhyun explained and then took a bite of ice cream.

            As Baekhyun was taking his last bite of ice cream, there was a little bit that was left upon his lips. Chanyeol had seen the ice cream and then smiled. He just had to let out a little goggle after seeing that. He thought it was cute how messy Baekhyun could be.

            Baekhyun looked at Chanyeol and saw him laughing. “What is so funny?” He asked him.

            “Baek, you have some ice cream on your lips.” He informed him. Baekhyun was confused at first but then he got what Chanyeol said.

            “Oh” Baekhyun said while reaching out his hand to grab a napkin.

            As he was reaching for his napkin, Chanyeol grabbed his wrist and held onto it tightly. Baekhyun stopped and looked at Chanyeol in a worried way. Chanyeol leaned Baekhyun back and then stared at him straight in the eyes again. He then adjusted himself in his seat so that he was actually now facing Baekhyun. After he faced Baekhyun, he started to lean into his and stopped right in front of his lips. Chanyeol looked back and forth between his lips and his eyes. Then he just couldn’t take it anymore. Their lips had finally met.

            At first Baekhyun was surprised. They were out in the open and Chanyeol just openly kissed him. Then again, as Baekhyun was thinking about it, when Chanyeol was desperate he would basically do anything. Sometimes he did things without thinking. He eventually gave in and started to kiss Chanyeol back. He actually really enjoyed it when Chanyeol kissed him. He loved when Chanyeol was just on his lips and kisses him passionately.

            Once the two separated they looked at each other in the eyes. Baekhyun really wanted to kiss Chanyeol again but he knew that they were in a public place. He was usually good about holding back his feeling for the other boy. It was mostly Chanyeol who couldn’t really control his feelings. There was also the fact that Baekhyun knew that if they were to kiss again, they would never leave this spot.

            “I got it.” Chanyeol said in a teasing voice.

            “Oh, uh…thanks.” Baekhyun replied to him.

            Chanyeol laughed and then kissed Baekhyun’s forehead. After that he sat firmly back down in his seat and leaned back. Apparently that kiss was to motivate Baekhyun to come over to his place.

            “So are you sure that you don’t to stay over?” Chanyeol asked in a very hinting voice. In some ways it almost sounded seductive.

            Baekhyun stared at Chanyeol and then sighed. He was about to give in again to him. “Fine. I guess I can stay over tonight.” He said.

            Chanyeol’s face lit up. “Really? Are you serious?” He asked in a very excited way.

            “Yes I am serious. I figure that I might as well say yes since you might just keep trying to get me to come over anyway. But if your family comes over I am out of there.” Baekhyun said.

            “I got it. By the way, I would not have kept trying. I would just kidnap you and bring you over to stay. You would have been my prisoner for tonight.” Chanyeol teased.

            Baekhyun gave a small laugh after hearing that. He thought that it was a funny comment. But for some reason he felt like Chanyeol was completely serious about what he had just said. But he really didn’t give it any thought. “Wow, whatever. I would not have gone so easily.” He replied.

            Chanyeol put on another grin and gave Baekhyun another quick peck on the lips. He just seemed way to happy now. “You are the best boyfriend ever. How did I end up with such an amazing guy?” He asked rhetorically.

            A blush started to appear on Baekhyun’s cheeks. “Oh, you are a pretty good boyfriend yourself. I think that you are pretty amazing.” He replied.

            Chanyeol giggled and then looked around for a second. “We should probably get going. You need to pack all your things for tonight and then we need to get some rest before having to decorate for a few hours tomorrow.” He explained.  

             A smile appeared from Baekhyun’s lips. “Okay, let’s get going then.” He said and then the two boys stood up and left.

 

~.~.~.~.~.~

 

            The next day at 1 o’clock the two boys arrived at the ballroom. The staff that actually worked there in the ballroom was there and ready to help the two boys start decorating. They wanted to help out and they all knew that if they helped the boys decorate that they would get a few more buck. But they were willing to help in any way that they could. So Baekhyun and Chanyeol looked around and went straight to work. The first thing they did was start to reorganize the room.

            When they finally got the flowers Baekhyun and a few of the staff members helped make the center pieces. Some of the staff members started to cut the stems of the flowers while a few others started to fill the bowls that Baekhyun bought with the pebbles and water. Then they had to get the flowers to float and also put the candle into place. The center pieces itself took a whole.

            Then soon after they finished setting up the center pieces the balloon arches came in. Chanyeol and the staff members started to set up the balloon in the front by the doorway. They had managed to set it up perfectly and set them in the right spots.

            In total, those two things alone took about three hours. They were so tired from all the focusing and concentration that they took a quick break. Then shortly after taking their break they got straight back to work and started to go into more detailed decorating. They ended up using a few more balloons and flowers around the ballroom.

            Finally it was 4 o’clock and the last thing that the two boys had to do was put up the motto. Once they finished that they could go home and relax a little before the party. That was the boy’s motivation.

            As he was hanging up the letters, Baekhyun found that he was a little too short to reach where he wanted. This really started to frustrate him and then he decided to use his own reinforcement.

            “Chanyeol it’s too high.” Baekhyun said in a whinny baby voice. It was a voice that Baekhyun knew Chanyeol couldn’t resist.

            The only thing Chanyeol could do at first was smile and then walk up to his boyfriend. He kissed the top of his head and then started to grab the letters and hung them up. He seemed to be the perfect height for it.

            Once it was finished the boys stepped back to look at all their hard work. The whole ballroom looked pretty good. “Yup, that looks perfect. I think that we can go home and rest now.” Chanyeol said.

            “Thank God! I am so exhausted!” Baekhyun replied.

            “Well we did well. Tonight is going to be the best party ever.” Chanyeol said.

            “Of course it is. We were the ones who decorated. But I am so tired. Carry me please.” Baekhyun said in the baby voice again.

            Chanyeol rolled his eyes and then bent down to give Baekhyun a piggyback ride. Baekhyun smiled and then got on. Chanyeol stood up and then adjusted Baekhyun on his back.

            “Okay let’s go home and get ready.” Chanyeol said.

            Baekhyun smiled and nodded. Then the two boys left the ballroom and headed towards the car. They were satisfied with their work and they were on the way home to rest so that they can be all energized at the party. It was definitely going to be the best party ever.

 

A/N: So there is Baekyeol. Okay there are all the couples. Now, just so you know, the next chapter is going to be very LONG! I am including all the couples and it's basically going to cover what happens at the party. So it is going to be long and it's going to take me a while to write and then type. So just be prepared to wait for a really long time as well. Also, after the party I don't know how I am going to write. I don't know if I want to do general deli chapters (what happens in the deli and all the couples in that deli) or if I want to do couple chapters. What do you guys think? Anyway thanks for reading and thanks to all my subscribers :) Please comment because I love reading them.