Chapter 17: A Bit Of A Predicament

"Friendly" Competition

            Chanyeol and Baekhyun were sitting in Chanyeol’s apartment thinking about what happened the other day. Usually they would appreciate the time that they had together and just sit around watching TV. But after the long day of work they had and the look that was on Suho’s face everyday now stuck in their heads. They loved having Suho as a boss and to see him looking that sad really broke their hearts. The only thing that they knew for a fact was that they had to do something. The question was though, what was it that they should do.

            As they were sitting on the couch Baekhyun was just sitting there while Chanyel leaned back enough to where he was just looking up and starring at the ceiling. Seeing that Chanyeol was getting to the point where he just was going to say anything for the rest of th night, Baekhyun moved closer to him to position himself to put his head on his chest. As Baekyun was getting comfortable Chanyeol moved his arm so that it was around Baekhyun’s shoulder.

            After letting out a long sigh Chanyeol finally spoke. “We need to do something to get back at the other deli. I hate seeing that sad look on Suho’s face at work.” He said.

            “I agree. But you and I both know what he said at that meeting the day after it happened. He didn’t want us making another move. There are people that we could hurt and he really doesn’t want that.” Baekhyun replied.

            “Yeah well I have my theories about that.” Chanyeol said with a bit resistance in his voice.

            Baekhyun sat up a bit to look Chanyeol in the face. “What do you mean by that Chanyeol?” He asked curiously.

            Chanyeol sat upright and looked Baekhyun right in the eyes. “So, you know that Kyungsoo goes into Suho’s office a lot right?” He asked. Baekhyun gave a small nod. “Well I heard them talking before and it sounded like Suho is dating someone from the other deli.”

            The look on Baekhyun’s face was pure shock. “Wait, are you serious? When we first opened the deli didn’t he talk about how he never has time for anything and that dating wasn’t even an option?” He said.

            “Apparently he learned how to make time. That’s the only reason though why we aren’t allowed to target the other deli back. However, I was thinking.” Chanyeol started.

            “Chanyeol, those words always worry me. You are not going to go behind Suho’s back are you? What if we really do end up hurting someone in this process? Plus if Suho finds out we could get fired.” Baekhyun said trying to reason with Chanyeol.

            “Baekhyun, so far everything that each of us has done has been realatively innocent. Don’t worry, nothing that I have planned deals with anyone getting hurt. If you don’t want to go then I am not going to make you go. Besides, I have never asked you to do anything that would make you uncomfortable.” Chanyeol replied. He took Baekhyun’s face in his hands to try and assure him that everything would be okay. He even pulled him claser and gav him a kiss on the forehead.

            “Chanyeol, you know that I’ll always support you one hundred percent. However, I do think that this is one that I am going to need to sit out on. I’ll help you plan it out and find people to help you, but I don’t think that I can handle doing it.” Baekhyun explained.

            The only thing that Chanyeol could do was smile. For a while he felt like he and Baekhyun were too attached. He sometimes wondered if the two of them could really ever be separated and make their own decisions. Now he was happy though to know that Baekhyun was making his own choice.

            Again Chanyeol kissed Baekhyun but this time it was on the lips. “All I really need from you my love is your support. That is all that I ever need.” He explained.

            A smile grew bigger on Baekhyun’s face. For as long as they have been together they always knew what to say to each other. That was the best thing about their relationship. They always knew each others feelings and they always knew what to say.

 

~*~*~*~*~*~

 

            Kyungsoo wasn’t one to entirely keep a grudge but just like Chanyeol and Baekhyun, he didn’t like the way Suho kept looking in the morning. Everytime he would enter the deli he had a long face and a look that said he had no idea what to do. That wasn’t like Suho. Usually he was high spirited and confident. He was always smiling no matter what the problem was he always found the positive in every situation. That was the Suho that Kyingsoo knew and loved.

            It was a Thursday night and Kyungsoo convinced Suho that he could close down the deli and let him rest. Suho nodded and left without much to say. That broke Kyungsoo’s heart a little. But he knew that he had to talk to Chanyeol and he didn’t need Suho coming in and hearing what they were talking about. If Suho knew, then he was going to stop his plan.

            Chanyeol was cleaning the counters when Kyungsoo came up to him and tapped him on the shoulder. Chanyeol stopped to look at Kyungsoo. When Chanyeol had his full attention on Kyungsoo, Kyungsoo leaned against the counter and started to talk quietly.

            “Chanyeol, you and I both know that Suho has not been himself for a while now. Even though Suho said that he didn’t want us to retaliate, I want you to go and do something to EXO-M deli. Don’t do anything that will really affect their opening but do something that you think would be a somewhat appropriate as revenge. The one thing that I am going to ask you is that you not touch the kitchen. As long as you don’t touch the kitchen I am totally fine with you doing this.” Kyungsoo explained.

            The only thing that Chanyeol could do was smile. He loved when he could get away with things. Especially since he didn’t get to do that often. Even if Kyungsoo didn’t give him the go ahead, then he probably would have pulled a very small prank on them anyway. “Don’t worry Kyungsoo. We won’t touch the kitchen. I do have something in mind that we can do though.” He explained.

            “Okay, well don’t tell me anything. If Suho asks because Kris calls him, then we don’t know anything about what happened? Do we have an understanding with that?” Kyungsoo asked sternly.

            “I have no idea what you are talking about.” Chanyeol said after winking. Kyungsoo chuckled and then made his way out of the room.

            When Kyungsoo left the room he was approached by Kai. Actually he was more pulled in his general direction. Kai pulled him and then pushed him against the wall. Then he made it so that Kyungsoo wouldn’t be able to get away from him. “So, what are you thinking in that mysterious brain of yours. If you are talking to Chanyeol that secretly then I know that you have something planned. Plus there is the fact that you sent Suho home.” Kai explained.

            “You, can be very nosy you know that?” Kyungsoo teased.

            “Yes I know. Now why don’t you tell me what you are thinking? You’re just going to end up telling me anyway or I am going to find out everything myself. So let’s just make this easy and have you tell me.” Kai reasoned.

            Kyungsoo knew that Kai was right. He was going to eventually find out what was going on anyway. Even if Kyungsoo didn’t want him to know, Kai was very good at finding things out and getting any information. It was actually better to just tell him. “Well if you have to know, I was telling Chanyeol that I want him to go to EXO-M deli and do a minor prank on them. Suho hasn’t been himself since the last prank they pulled off so this is to get them back for what they did.” He explained.

            “Oh I see. What I don’t understand though is why Suho just doesn’t want to take revenge upon the other deli anymore. Is he just tired of it or is there something else behind it?” Kai asked.

            Kyungsoo looked around to see if anyone was listening. Just in case though he started to whisper to Kai. “Okay, what I am about to tell you stays between just us. You got it?”

            “My lips are sealed about it. Well, they are seal to everyone but you.” He explained with a bit of a flirt in his voice.

            That caused Kyungsoo to blush a bit. “Stop it. I hate when you make me blush. Anyway, the reason why Suho doesn’t want to take revenge on EXO-M deli is because he is going out with Lay. I’m sure you remember him. He was the one that you had a dance competition with at the party.”

            “Yes I remember. But really? I would have never guessed that the boss and Lay would have ended up being a couple. I mean, I had a feeling that Lay could have been like us but it was just a feeling. And the boss, I never really was around him long enough to really catch onto it.”

            “I have known him for a really long time so I was there when he decided to come out of the closet. He was there for me too.” Kyungsoo explained.

            “If you ask me, I’m awfully glad that you came out of the closet. It’s not that I am biased about it or anything like that.” Kai explained.

            “Really? Cause you seem like you are a little biased about it. Is there something that you want to talk about?” Kyungsoo joked.

            “I don’t think talking about it will do anything. But I’m sure there is something that is going to help. Do you want to know what it is?” Kai asked hinting that he was going to move in for a kiss.

            “I think I have a pretty good idea.” Kyungsoo replied and then move in to close the gap between the two.

            The kiss was very passionate and something that Kai felt like he needed. However, even though the two of them were enjoying their moment together. Someone walked out of the break room and saw the two making out. Out of pure shock he spoke and disrupted the moment of the two boys.

            “Oh my God.” Baekhyun managed to say.

            At a moment like this Kyungsoo would usually be embarrassed about something like this but this time he wasn’t. In fact he felt a little relieved that he really didn’t have to hide their relationship anymore. Baekhyun had such a big mouth that the entire staff might find out about it. Not that either of them cared anymore.

            “Sorry Baekhyun, we actually didn’t notice that you were there. We should probably be getting back to work.” Kyungsoo explained.

            “No, by all means if you two want to do that go ahead. God knows Chanyeol and I have done that a lot when no one else was around.” Baekhyun replied.

            Kai stepped away from Kyungsoo a bit and then leaned against the wall. “So you and Chanyeol are a couple. I guess Sehun was right. Now I owe him twenty bucks. I said that you two were probably gay but not together.” He explained.

            “Ah well that’s okay. Chanyeol and I thought that you and Sehun were actually a couple. But it appears that we were wrong. We had the wrong couple in mind this whole time. Kyungsoo, you are definitely a surprise. I don’t think that we would have really expected it. Not with Kai anyway.” Baekhyun explained.

            “Well it is with me so surprise.” Kai joked.

            “Hey what are all of you doing here in the hallway? It’s almost time to close the deli.” Chanyeol said while walking into the hallway with Sehun.

            “Sehun, I owe you twenty bucks. Chanyeol and Baekhyun are in a relationship.” Kai explained.

            “What? I was just totally guessing. Well congrats you two. You guys must have been together for a very long time huh?” Sehun asked.

            “Yeah we have actually. So, Kyungsoo you and Kai huh? Not something that I would have expected but I think that you two actually look really cute together.” Chanyeol explained.

            “Apparently no one thinks that we would have ended up being together. But I guess that’s what makes us such an interesting couple.” Kyungsoo explained.

            “I guess so. Well, how about we all clean up and close up shop for today?” Kai asked.

            “Look at you being all adult like.” Sehun joked.

            “No he’s right. Let’s clean up the kitchen and mop the floors and then we can head on home.” Kyungsoo explained.

            “That sounds good to me. I have a date tonight that I rather not be late for.” Sehun explained.

            “Oh, so you and Luhan are going out again tonight huh? That’s three nights in a row. Things seem to really be moving fast between you two.” Kai explained.

            “You know, sometimes I wonder if I really should tell you anything. Plus we are fine. Since our relationship is still new we are trying to figure out some things.” Sehun explained.

            “Okay well since you have that, let’s clean up and leave. I am so tired.” Kyungsoo said. After that everyone else nodded and then went to go and clean the deli again.

 

~*~*~*~*~*~

 

            At EXO-M deli Chen and Xiumin were working next to each other as usual. For some reason though they weren’t very talkative with each other. They weren’t mad at each other but they just didn’t have anything to say at the moment. They were both very focused on their jobs but at the same time they wanted to say something to each other.

            Finally Xiumin decided that he would start a conversation. “Chen, there was something that I have wanted to ask you for a long time but I never knew how to ask you.” He admitted.

            Chen stopped what he was doing to look and listen to Xiumin. “Really? What is it?” He asked out of pure curiosity. He had no clue what Xiumin was going to ask him.

            “I-uh, I know that even though you make a lot of money, you are looking for a new apartment to live in. And I know that you said that you wanted to move so that you could be closer to work and also to me. So, instead of having to worry about finding a new place, I was wondering if you just wanted to move in with me?”

            The question left Chen speechless for a moment. The thought of him and Xiumin living together was something that he actually enjoyed. He was definitely all for it. If there was something that would end up being a problem then he was sure that they were going to b able to work it out. In the general, Chen had a good feeling about the whole thing.

            “Xiumin, you know, I really don’t know whether or not that is a good idea.” Chen started.

            “Oh, well it was just an option.” Xiumin said just a little disappointed.

            Chen smiled and laughed a little. “I wasn’t finished. I was going to say that I am willing to give it a try. Xiumin, I would love to move in with you.” He explained.

            That sad look on Xiumin’s face disappeared in a second and it was replaced by the smile that Chen loved so much. Xiumin gave Chen the biggest hug that he ever recived. Xiumin even had a little squeal. “You are not going to regret it Chen. The second that I get home I am going to clean up and make some room for you.” He explained.

            “Take your time with that. I need to wait until the end of the month to really move out. It’s part of my contract.” Chen explained.

            “Well that gives me time though. Just let me know when you plan on officially moving in.” Xiumin explained.

            “Oh I will. And I ask only one thing if I am going to move in with you.” Chen explained.

            “Anything. Name it and you can have it.” Xiumin said.

            “Well if I am going to go and move in with you, I want to share a room with you.” Chen explained whispering the last part. 

            Hearing those words come out of Chen’s mouth made Xiumin blush a little. “Well, if that’s what you want then I think I’ll be fine with that.” He said shyly.

            Chen just thought that the way Xiumin was acting was really cute. He was about to say something but Kris entered the kitchen and looked straight at Xiumin. “Xiumin I need to talk to you in my office please.” He explained.

            Xiumin sighed since he knew that it was either Kris venting about something or he was going to talk more about the business and authoritative decisions. “We can talk more about the move a little later.” He said and then gave Chen a quick peck on the lips. He then left to go talk to Kris.

            After leaving Chen, Xiumin entered Kris’ office and closed the door behind him. He then went over to sit on the couch in the office. “So, what is on your mind that you wanted to talk to me about?”

            “Well, there is something that I want to ask you about actually. You know a lot of the chefs from our company. Do you think that you could get me a discount at one of the fancier restaurants?” Kris asked.

            Knowing that Kris could easily get a discount just by showing them who he worked for, Xiumin was confused. “Why do you want me to do that? Can’t you just show them your ID and they can immediately get you discount?”

            “As true at that is, I don’t want this to really be a business affair. I want it to just be more personal. I don’t want my connections to make me look like I am loaded. I just want to have an honest time with the person that I am going to take out to dinner.” Kris explained.

            “Is that so? Now I am really curious. Who is this person that you speak of?” Xiumin asked now leaning forward.

            “That is none of your business. It’s just a person that I have been seeing for the time being.” Kris explained.

            Xiumin knew Kris for a very long time. Even though they were really good friends he knew that Kris was a bit of a player. He could never be in a relationship for longer than a month. But then again, most of the time those girls were kind of crazy anyway. However, Xiumin thought that Kris would never be able to find anyone who could really deal with him. Not any girl anyway. That’s when a thought came into his mind.

            “I’m going to ask you something and you can’t get mad. Is there a slight chance that you and Tao have something going on?” Xiumin asked.

            In Kris’ mind ther was no way that either of them had shown that they were together. Kris had a rule in the work place that basically said that there was no public display of affection during work hours. You can do whatever you want after or before work but you can never do anything during your hours.

            “Xiumin, how in the hell did you find that out?” Kris asked.

            “Ah so it is true. I kind of just put the pieces together. A few weeks ago Tao seemed like he just ready to quit and find a new job. However, now he acts like this is the best job ever. Also now that you asked the recent question, I basically know that now it is a fact. You two are defnititely not a couple that I would have suspected though.” Xiumin explained.

            “It actually didn’t start that way.” Kris replied.

            “Kris, are you going to tell me how this happened? I am your friend and I have known you the longest than anyone here. I’m surprised that you haven’t told me this before. I feel like you don’t trust me with something like this.” Xiumin said with a bit of disappointment.

            Hearing the disappointment in his voice, Kris sighed and immediately felt bad. “It’s not that I don’t trust you Xiumin. In fact I would trust you with my life. However, the reason why I didn’t tell you was because Tao and I want to establish more of a relationship with each other. In a way it’s kind of like how you didn’t tell me that you have something going on with Chen.”

            Xiumin’s jaw dropped. “How did you know? Actually don’t tell me. I already know that we are not the most conspicuous people so it’s not that hard to figure it out.” He explained.

            “Exactly. Plus there is the fact that I heard that you asked him to move in with you. And if I remember correctly, you sai that unless the person is really important to you, you wouldn’t let anyone move in with you. Since you asked him he had to be someone really important, and what would be more important than if he was your boyfriend.” Kris explained.

            “Yeah good point. Well, as to your question, I can ask my friend from the onld restaurant that we used to work at. Right as you got promoted and you didn’t ask me to help you yet, he got hired as the executive chef. So I could ask him for you.” Xiumin explained.

            “Thank you. I would rally appreciate it. As much as I loved working there, I hated our prices. I wish that we could have made our food cheaper but being a five star restaurant didn’t allow us to make it cheap.” Kris explained.

            “Don’t I know that. I really like working here though. As stressful as it can get, I like th pace and the fact that everyone here is actually really close.” Xiumin explained.

            “HENRY ING BACK OFF OKAY! I DON’T NEED YOU MESSING WITH ME RIGHT NOW!” Kris and Xiumin heard from inside the kitchen. If they could hear it with the office door closed, then there was no doubt that people in the main room could hear it too.

            “I swear we can’t leave them unattended for one minute. Come on, let’s see what’s going on.” Kris said and then he and Xiumin made their way out of the office and into the kitchen.

            “What is going on in here guys?” Xiumin asked.

            “There is nothing going on! Henry was just messing around and I got a little mad that’s all.” Lay said while cutting a sandwich aggressively.

            Kris stared at Lay for a little while. He wasn’t buying that story but he wasn’t going to pry. When he looked away he saw Luhan looking in their general direction. He had a feeling that Luhan knew something and wasn’t saying anything. Kris migrated out to the front so that he could talk to Luhan.

            When he got to the front Luhan looked nervous. The way Kris was looking at him, there was a good reason why he was nervous. “So Luhan, do you know what happened in the kitchen just now?” He asked.

            Luhan bit his lip. “It was really nothing. Henry was messing around as usual and he just pushed Lay’s buttons a little. There is nothing to really be concerned about.” He explained.

            Kris knew that it really took a lot for Lay to be mad so there must have been something else that happened. “Is that all? You and I both know that it take a lot to piss Lay off like that. What exactly did Henry do?”

            This was the point whre Luhan knew that he couldn’t keep anything from Kris. He knew them too well. “Look, don’t get mad. It was just an accident. Henry wanted Lay to help him out with something. When Lay said that he was too busy Henry said that he would help. When he touched Lay that is when he freaked out and had that little fit. He really is fine. He just had a moment.”

            Now that sounded more like it. “Okay, well that sounds better. Lay! Don’t do that ever again. If you do I am going to have to suspend you.” Kris yelled into the kitchen.

            “Got it boss. It won’t happen again” Lay yelled back and then went back to work.

            “Now that that is settled. I am going to go back to my office and work somethings out. All of you play nice now and listen to Xiumin.” Kris explained and then left to go back to his office. Thankfully the rest of the day was uneventful. A few days later though was a different story.

 

~*~*~*~*~*~

 

            There were times where Kyungsoo didn’t know whether to define Chanyeol as genius or insane. At the time though, Kyungsoo really didn’t care. Chanyeol came into work one day and gave a glance at him. When he glanced at him he winked indicating that he had put his plan into action. It was then about three hours later that Kyungsoo found out what Chanyeol had done.

            The way that Kyungsoo figured it out was pretty “interesting” to say the least. It was just before noon when Suho came out of his office looking quite confused. “Kyungsoo, can you meet me in my office please.” He asked.

            Kyungsoo dropped what he was doing and went into Suho’s office. He closed the door behind him and sat down. “What’s up Suho?” He asked.

            “Well, I just got a call from Kris saying that putting some weird gel on the floor of his deli was a cheap move. He claimed that we did it to them and was very upset about it. I told him that I had no idea what he was talking about. He didn’t believe me at all. The weirdest thing about what he said was that their kitchen was left untouched for some reason. Now, I just want to ask. Do you know anything about it?” Suho asked with a semi serious look on his face.

            “I can honestly say that I have no idea what happened with EXO-M deli. I know nothing of gel on their floors.” Kyungsoo explained.

            There was a slight smile on Suho’s face now. Since he and Kyungsoo have known each other for years now, he knew when he was just being clever with his words. “Since you don’t know anything, then I guess we can’t really say that we did it.” He winked.

            The wink gave Kyungsoo a huge rush of relief. The smile on Suho’s face started to grow bigger and bigger. From that point Kyungsoo knew that Suho was soon going to get back to his old self. It was just going to maybe take him a couple more minutes or hours. It would really depend. “I’m glad to actually see you smiling again rather than look so defeated.”

            “Yeah me too. I know I really shouldn’t have let their last attack bother me so much. It’s just that I really don’t want to do anything that would affect Lay in any way. I appreciate that you told them not to touch the kitchen by the way. I really do. However, I really feel as if we need to start thinking of ways that aren’t so harsh on each other.” Suho explained.

            “We all know that the employee’s of EXO-M deli started this whole thing. How about we see what they manage to do next, and from there we just retaliate the same way.” Kyungsoo explained.

            “I don’t know. Gah! Why is it that the one guy that I feel like I have a real connection with has to work with the workplace that I am going up against?” Suho asked rhetorically in frustration.

            “Yeah that must . I wonder how Sehun feels about it. He seems to be really close to that one boy from the deli too. I have to admit that the boy is quite adorable. It makes me wonder if the two of them happen to be something more than friends. I actually wouldn’t be surprised if that was the case.” Kyungsoo thought out loud.

            “I actually know the answer to that question and I am willing to share it with you if you really want to know the answer.” Suho replied as he sat back in his chair.

            “Is that so? Well then I am really curious as to what the answer is. However, I feel like I already know the answer. Those two are together and I am guessing that they are pretty much inseparable. Even though I heard Sehun talk about his date with him the other night. I thought that he was saying it playfully but now that I am thinking about it, he was actually very serious.” Kyungsoo explained.

            “You are absolutely right my friend. They are basically in love already and they don’t even know it. And since Lay is Luhan’s best friend I basically hear all of the details when Lay starts to vent about it. It’s interesting to me since Sehun and I don’t really talk about anything.” Suho explained.

            “It’s seems like it would be something interesting to listen to.” Kyungsoo replied.

            “Well, I actually think that I am a little nosy about drama and relationships. I really like talking to people about it. Which, I have to ask you, how are you and Kai doing. From what I am seeing, you two seem to be doing alright.” Suho said.

            “Yeah things are going well. I am trying to be more comfortable around him. You know me, being in a relationship with someone is actually hard for me.” Kyungsoo explained.

            Suho let out a sigh remember what Kyungsoo had told him years ago. “Yes I do know how hard it is for you. But I am very proud of you for trying.” He explained.

            “Thanks. Oh, so something that I have confirmed is that Chanyeol and Baehyun are dating. Apparently they have been dating for quite some time now. If you ask me, they have actually be dating since high school.” Kyungsoo explained.

            “Really? I knew that something was up with those two. When Baekhyun came up to me saying that he had a friend who was looking for a job I had my suspicions. Especially when I interviewed Chanyeol for the position.” Suho explained.

            “I sure did too. But now we know. All I ask now is that they don’t do anything during their breaks now that they figure we know. Well they don’t figure that we know but they figure that since we know, they can get away with some things.” Kyungsoo said.

            “I sure hope not. If they do start doing weird things then I am going to miss these times when they go around trying to hide their feelings for each other.” Suho explained.

            Just as Kyungsoo was going to reply the two boys heard some yelling and then banging on the door. “Suho, we need your help in the dinning area.” The voice on the other side said. It sounded like Sehun’s voice.

            The two boys sighed and then exited the office. When the got into the dinning room they saw that Henry from EXO-M deli was there. Suho wasn’t very happy to see him but he still had to be professional and really calm. “Henry can I help you with something?”

            “Yes you can. Tell me what the hell is on my shoes and my clothes that you put on our floors last night.” Henry demanded.

            Suho looked at the shoes that Henry was now holding and immediately knew that it was. He wasn’t going to act like he did though. Suho was just going to play dumb for a little while. “I’m sorry Henry but I really have no idea what you are talking about. If something happened to you deli last night then I have no idea who or what could have done it.” He said.

            Henry was starting to grow angrier by the response. “Don’t you dare try to play dumb with me. I know that someone from this deli went to ours last night and put something on the floor. Tell me what this is right now or I am going to really make your life a living hell the next time that we plan our revenge.” He explained.

            Chanyeol then decided that it was a good time to intervene. “Hey Henry calm down buddy. Sometimes there are things that you just rather not know. Looking at what that is, I can tell that you are not going to want to know what it really is.” He said.

            “Oh is that so? Well you’re wrong. There is no way that I would have came all the way over here for nothing. I want to know what this is and I want to know what it is now.” He demanded.

            Chanyeol was trying so hard not to laught. “Dude, if you really want to know that is then I could give you a really good guess.”

            “Really? Okay let’s hear it. What is this ?”

            “Well, my guess is that it happens to be lubricant. But then again, I know nothing about that kind of thing. I would really hate to be you right now if it was though.” Chanyeol explained.

            There was a horrified look on Henry’s face. He looked at every single person around him and started to panic. He turned around and started to strom out of the deli. In fact in a blink of an eye he was gone.

            The second that he was out of the deli everyone started to laugh. They were laughing so hard that they were on the verge of tears. Suho turned towards Chanyeol and asked him a question. “Okay so I have to ask. What did you really put on the floors of their deli?”

            “It’s just some cheap hair gel that we bought. We figured that it looked a little like lube so we put it all over the floor except for the kitchen. Plus, since it was clear, we thought that it would be a really good idea since they wouldn’t be able to tell at first.” Chanyeol replied.

            “Ah I see. Well good job Chanyeol. Very good job. Well all I can say for the rest of us is be prepared for anything now. And Chanyeol, start thinking of something else just in case they plan on making another attack on us. You’re brain is perfect for this kind of thing.” Suho explained.

            “Anything for you boss. I’ll get started on it as soon as I get home.” Chanyeol replied.

            “Good. Everyone get back to work now.” Suho ordered and then everyone just went on with their day.

 

~*~*~*~*~*~

 

            Lay and Luhan were the first ones to arrive at work. Luhan had woken up earlier than usual so he invited Lay to come with him to get his morning coffee. When they arrived at the deli no one was really there yet. If anything Victoria was there with Luna hanging out a little bit. They met with them outside and put on their smiles.

            “Hey guys. I’m surprised to see you two here. Usually Luhan is nowhere to be found around this time. What made you want to come into work early today?” Victoria asked.

            “I just appened to wake up earlier than I have before. Surprisingly, when I had my coffee, I managed to wake up faster than I usual do. It was weird.” Luhan explained.

            Luna giggled a little. “Did you know that some people say that if you have different sleep habbits, it’s because your lover is waking up at those times too.” She explained.

            Lay chuckeled at that too. “It may be the case. Anyway I guess we’ll just have to wait until Kris or Xiumin get here to open the door. I’m not sure where they hid the key since the whole prank war started.” He explained.

            “Unfortunately. It’s a little cold too so I hope that one of them comes soon.” Victoria said.

            “Have no fear your amazing boss is here.” Kris said as he walked up to the deli.

            “Well speak of the devil.” Victoria said and then turned towards the door.

            “You know, when I was at my old restaurant some of the employee’s would have taken that as a literal term. But that was only because they wouldn’t do their work and therefore I had to be a little stricter than I am here.” Kris said while pulling out his keys.

            Lay looked at Luhan for a second. “He can be stricter than he is with us? Who could have ever known?” Luhan laughed a little and took a sip of his coffee again.

            When the door was opened Kris held it open for the girls. “Ladies first.” He said and then gestured for them to enter.

            “Wow a real gentleman. Thank you Kris. I am glad to see that not all of your kind has died.” Victoria joked while she walked in and Luna followed her.

            The second that Victoria stepped into the deli she slipped and fell onto the floor. Shortly after Luna fell as well they were just so close to each other that there was no way that Luna could have reacted fast enough in order not to fall. Both of them fell onto the floor and they fell just a little hard. They both landed on their backside but it the floors were still very hard.

            “Oh my gosh are you two okay?” Lay asked as he got right in front of the door careful not to step on the floor in the deli. He was trying to help Luna up first.

            “I think so. I don’t know what’s going on this floor is slippery as hell. I don’t think that I can stand up in it.” Luna explained while trying to keep her balance as she held onto Lay for support.

            As she was trying to get up Victoria placed her hand on the floor. When she felt the floor there was some sticky substance on it that she didn’t know about. “EW! What the hell is this stuff on the floor? It feels so gross.” She said somewhat in a scream.

            Kris was about to take a closer look when Henry showed up right behind them. “Hey everyone why are we all outside. It’s getting cold. Don’t tell me that you think that the other deli has gotten back at us do you?” He said a bit sarcastically.

            Everyone was going to tell Henry about the floor but after the sarcastic comment no on felt obligated to tell him anything. They all watched as Henry took one step inside of the deli. He had a huge smile on his face but the second that he started falling the smile turned to panic and then he was on the floor.

            “What the hell is this?” Henry asked.

            “This is the reason why we are standing outside now. None of us want to end up on that floor. However, since you are already on the floor Henry, why don’t you go and get the mop and bucket and bring it over here so that we can start cleaning this up.” Kris explained.

            That was not something that Henry wanted to do but he ended up doing it anyway. He managed to stand up after struggling a little bit and then he grabbed onto a table. From there he grabbed onto several different objects in order to get to the mop and bucket at the back of the deli hidden in the corner. He slowly managed to roll it over to the others before getting out of the deli himself.

            “Wow that was difficult.” Henry said as he started to regain his breath.

            “Good. In a way you deserved it. Luhan, would you please start to mop around the doorway so that we can enter.” Kris said.

            Luhan sighed and started to mop up the floor. The sound of the substance hitting the water on the floor sounded just a little disgusting. The rest of the group waited until Luhan got a little deeper into the deli. Luhan just started to make a pathway to the other mop and bucket so that someone else could grab it and start cleaning too. Lay managed to get over to it first and start helping out Luhan.

            “Hey Luhan, you stay in here and I’ll get started on the kitchen just so we can start to work at least a little in there.” Lay explained.

            Luhan only nodded and then went back to cleaning up the floor in the dinning room. Lay made his way over the the kitchen and was surprised with what he had seen. When he got there there was nothing on the floors. Everything was still clean and nothing in the kitchen was touched. He even looked around to make sure that nothing was messed with. The second that he realized that nothing was touched and that everything was clean he could do nothing but smile. He had a feeling that a certain someone was looking out for him at that point.

            “Hey Lay are you doing okay in there?” Luhan yelled from the front.

            “Yeah I’m fine. The kitchen wasn’t touched at all.” He yelled back.

            “What? That is so stange. I wonder why they didn’t touch the kitchen. Do you think that they ran out of time and just skipped the kitchen?” Luhan asked.

            “No I think that there is something else that is going on with that. Something that I am quite grateful for.” Lay explained.

            “Holy ! What happened in here? It looks like someone just grabbed a bunch of lube and squirted it all over the floor.” Tao said as he walked into work and saw the floor.

            Henry stopped what he was doing and then looked up. “Wait, did you just say this this looks like lube to you?” He asked.

            “Yes I did. It really does look like lube. It almost has the same consistency anyway. I am really not willing to touch it or anything like that in order to find out.” Tao replied.

            “You have got to be kidding me. I’ll be back in maybe an hour or two. Don’t worry I will come back this time. I just want to get all of this off my body.” Henry explained and then stormed out of the deli.

            For the rest of the morning everyone helped to clean up the floors and start to get ready for the lunch rush. Even though they had that little event there was really no damage that was done. They were all thankful for that but there was one thing that was for sure. They were still going to have to get the other deli back. This war wasn’t going to end that easily.

 

A/N: Whew! I got this chapter out! I tried as hard as I could. Sorry there is nothing that exciting in this chapter. Next one I promise that something juicy will happen (no not ) but something very fluffy. Anyway my cubs happy new year and stay safe. Please comment because you know I love reading them and upvote if you love this story. But always remember, Karabear loves you!