Jin

Merge

 

I didn't know what I was thinking. One moment he had been in front of me, his hand resting against the material of the car seat, and the next I had leaned forward and my lips were pressed against his. Each second that passed seemed like it lasted forever as she waited for the butterflies to hatch in her stomach and the tingles to patter across her lips as they kissed. After, what Jin supposed was, a surprised Jiyong, she felt him begin to take control of the kiss, his lips moving softly against her as she felt the soft skin of his palm reach up and curl under her hair to her cheek. It was a beautiful moment – but there was just something...

 

It wasn't like it had been with TOP.

 

Jin pulled back suddenly, her lips jolting away from Jiyong's, parting from his body and the confused look on his face blink with surprise and bewilderment. A little whimper of a “Jin?” from his voice adjusted her eyes into the darkness of the car as the street lights shone dimly through the windows. She could make out Jiyong's features much clearer now after having her eyes closed in that kiss she had shared with him – a kiss she knew now had been a test; something to show her that, this whole time, her eyes had been on the wrong man.

 

Jiyong looked worried now, eyes filled with a hint of fear as his hand, warm skin against hers, cold, reached for hers as she quickly pulled away. She knew he wanted to say something but Jin couldn't bare to hear his voice break, a voice that could easily persuade her from the decision she had just made in her mind.

 

Turning her head to the shadow of the driver, behind a board of glass, she murmured, “Can you take me back, please?”

 

Before the driver could act, Jiyong's innocent voice chuckled with acting calmness, “But you just got home.” Jin could see his smile, awkward, in the corner of her eye, as he leaned forward, assuring the driver he didn't need to take them back to the party, as she had requested. Jin saw the driver's silhouette make no movement to drive and so she assumed he had taken Jiyong's order's over hers.

 

She didn't like to hurt him; Jiyong. After all, it had been him to whom, she was convinced, she sent her undying love and admiration to. But Jin knew now she had been wrong – that the love she had felt had only been adoration and appreciation; a type of fan-love. Jin realised that that it had never been real. Yet there was someone who her real love had fallen to long ago, and Jin hadn't even noticed.

 

Flicking her gaze to Jiyong, her eyes shone with apologies as she could see his own dark iris's sink with sadness. Jin flinched at the coldness of the car door handle as her fingers forced it to click open and the fresh air of the night spilled against her face. As she flung open the door, a pull at her wrist, warm fingers wrapped around her skin, stopped her mid-way out the car.

 

“Jin,” Jiyong's innocent voice filled guilt throughout Jin's body as her eyes turned to see his, sadness, yet understanding filling them. “Do you have to?”

 

It didn't take long for Jin to reply with a soft nod, meeting Jiyong's quiet smile as the warm around her wrist fell away once his hand had dropped hers. He understood. A strange wave of relief flew through Jin at the realisation. She watched the handsome face of his nod softly was a sad smirk as he murmured, “Go.”

 

Smiling back, Jin slipped out the car quickly, the cold air crashing against her skin as she slammed the black door, shimmering metal shining with silver in the moon's light, beside her. It was a long path ahead of her, back to the ballroom but Jin knew she had to go. Glancing down at her feet, Jin stumbled out of her heels before lashing out on an extensive run back to reality and the world she should have realised long ago.