T.O.P

Merge

"Why don't you just tell her?"

Seungri's words rang through my thoughts, banging continously, as I watched, wearily, how Jin fit perfectly in Jiyong's arms. They flowed together as one, the smile she wore unlocked by his touch. She was happy; I wanted her to be happy and if that meant she would be Jiyong's toy for one night, then so be it.

But why couldn't she be happy with me?! Jiyong's gaze was false; how could he really have fallen for a girl so quickly?! 

It was me! I was the one who truly saw her for who she was; I was the one who crumbled deep in love for her, only ever wanting to hold her in my arms. It was me who felt so passionate about her; how could any other man feel the same?! I'd already taken that lead. I wouldn't let Jiyong snatch that away from me with one swipe. 

Unconsciously, the sound of the heel of my black, leather shoes hitting the ballroom floor amplified as all other noices around me muted. Deep breaths from inside me grew louder and filled my ears as I walked confidently towards Jin and he partner, their lips indicating laughter as they span but the overpowering groan of my footsteps screeching against the soft, varnished wood - the beat of my uneven breathing - blocked out any other noices around me.

Without hesitation, I felt my hand reach out for Jin's arm, but a swift cracking sound broke through the sound barrier as all the noises of the world around me came spilling back and my eyes crashed against Jiyong who, I noticed, had released Jin suddenly in a manner of despiration. His eyes were pleading as he tried to block me from reaching her, his grip on my arm. "Seunghyun-ssi," he mumbled, trying to keep me away from her. "Please don't. You've already had your chance."

I could feel the hurt inside him but I averted my gaze past him, ignoring his words and shaking him off me, I felt the guilt hit my heart, yet nothing could stop my feelings that could no longer be trapped inside me, but needed to, at last, explode. Glancing at the worry across Jin's expression, I gently took hold of her wrist, leading her up the stairs leading towards the lobby. Her voice whispered a quiet, "Seunghyun, where are you taking me?"

I knew she wasn't scared from my touch, yet the worry in her voice hit me hard - it was worry for me. 

Letting the call of Jiyong's "Yah! Yah, Seunghyun-ssi!! Bring her back here now!!" ripple into muted silence as I gently closed the door between the lobby and the ballroom, letting the rich red colour of the lobby we stood in sink through my gaze and her weak body standing firm behind me. 

My head reasted on the wood of the door, feeling my heart racing underneath my skin, my body shivering from, rather then the cold - though the door that opened up to the outside world was letting in the cool breeze of midnight - but from violent nerves that shattered through me.

"Seunghyun."

Jin's voice soothed me as her quiet murmers from behind me fluttered through the air. "Seunghyun. Oppa, what's going on?"

As I heard her sweet tones in her voice whisper "oppa" I smiled pulling myself away from the ripped wood of the door, and told myself to face her; to just get it over with.

With a quick glance, I gazed at her thin figure - her body wrapped perfectly in strips of lilac, silk cloth - and heard my lips croak, "Jin... Jin, I..."

I felt the fear punch me and I couldn't keep my eyes on her any longer, my words stuck like glue to the rim of my throat, my head shaking as tears pinched the edges of my eyes.

"Jin," my voice crept out, my lips dry from fear, causing my to bite my lower lip. I could feel how much my forehead was sweating as my hand dragged my fronge fringe up the way, pulling through my dyed, silver hair.

Slowely, I dropped my hand and let each strand find itself back to my forehead, setting my gaze on her eyes, her voice silent as her expression showed curiousity for my undelivered words, but her feeling of worry for me was still shown.

The edges of my lips curled up weakly; so small that she could not see a glimse of my smile, and I felt my body lean foreward, my head bending down so that, as I closed my eyes, seeing her own eyes widening at my action, I could reach her face, smelling the hint of her new perfume - the one I'd bought for her for tonight - and I could taste the hint of her strawberry chapstick as our lips met and my longing drew me, finally, to kiss her.