G-Dragon

Merge

 

Her limp fingers entwined with mine as I the soft skin of the back of her hand with my thumb. It was an act of comfort and I could see the anguish thoughts filling her as I gazed at her lost eyes. She sat, simply watching the window, away from me, her elbow resting on the rim of the glass.

 

The back seat of my private car was unusually black due to the sky darkening with night outside, and the street lamps dimming under the shadow of the towering buildings.

 

I kept glancing at her, looking for some kind of breaking emotion that would provide me with an opening to comfort her.

 

It wasn't like I didn't know what he had done. He wasn't going to hang around forever, and with me as competition, well, I guess I triggered it.

 

A quiet sigh escaped my lips as I loosened my grip around her fingers dropping my gaze to my knees.

 

“Ji- GD?” Her soft voice startling me, and my heart quivered at her sudden depersonalisation, almost like we had gone back to, even before, stage one.

 

“Please don't call me that,” I whispered, my voice breaking with the pricking tears forcing themselves out through the gaps in my eyes.

 

Glancing up at her, I could see the worry in her face yet I couldn't work out if it was for me or someone else.

 

“I do care about you, Jin,” my voice croaked as I looked straight into those beautiful eyes of hers that had made me feel so suddenly, piercingly sad. “I know we've only just met, but- ”

 

My embarrassment caused me to cough – an excuse to look away from her for a moment, all these increasing feelings spilling over.

 

I had become familiar with the curves and details of the floor below my feet when I started to speak again, “But you're a very attractive girl. I couldn't help myself.”

 

Squinting my gaze cowardly, I could see her face cover with embarrassment, a sweet pink brushing her cheeks.

 

Taking a deep breath, I turned to her, trying to force myself to be confident despite the rising nerves beating throughout my stomach. “You see this?” I her blushing cheeks, trying to grin playfully, causing a short giggle of Jin's to lighten my emotions. “This is the girl I like. Not the amazing, beautiful singer that everyone has seen and knows.”

 

Her eyes reached mine for the first time in, what felt like, forever, a small smile hinting her lips as I took a deep breath and continued. “Not the y, provocative you, either,” I smirked, brushing strands of hair away from her eyes so I could look at her properly.

 

I felt my smile slip away as I whispered my final words, trying hard not to pull away from her waiting gaze.

 

“And not the girl TOP loves, either.”

 

Tracing her gaze with mine, my voice slipped out; “I like Jin.”

 

It was strange, then, that my lips perked up with a smile and an awkward happiness relaxed me, filling me with relief for being able to release my words from the cage that was my lips. I wanted to just scream it to the world. And the funny thing was, I could if I wanted to.

 

That's when I saw her features become far more blurry as they seemed to grow closer to me, and as I felt the car park to a stop, her lips created a warm presence against mine. And every thought forming a song to write about everything just vanished and I sunk in.