T.O.P

Merge

A/N: You know what? I'm going to do this. It's been a while (a long while) but I am going to give you guys (my loyal subscribers, if there are any left) the final chapter. 

Please keep in mind that I haven't written this story in a long while, though. But I hope it satisfies all of you who have been waiting for it for probably more than a year - hey! sequels of books and films take about a year to come out, right? ;D

Here we go...


 

I sat there, my back pressed against the wall of the entryway, my mind replaying the image of Jin leaving with Jiyoung. I had always known that it would happen. He was always going to be her choice.

My fingers teased their way through my silver hair as I bowed my head and closed my eyes to block out everything else.

It wasn't until I heard a shuffling, pounding noise near the door that I looked up. Jin stood there, drenched in the rain, her hair plastered agianst the side of her face, her dress limp and strangely, covered in dirt. She was shivering in bare feet and her arms were wrapped protectively around her body as if they could warm her up but she had the brightest, widest smile across her face.

I stared at her for a long moment, almost not believing that she was really here. My eyebrows folded together in bewilderment before I quicky stood up to face her.

"Jin, what are you-" I began but she stepped forward, interrupting me.

"I had to come back," she breathed, her chest heaving up and down as if she had run a marathon. The strands of her dark hair created a marble like pattern against the pale skin of her cheeks.

Before I could say anything else, she had started to run towards me - as if she still had energy - and I was shocked when she wrapped her arms around my neck and clung to me. I could feel her wet body press against mine, the dampness seeping into my clothes but, at that moment, I didn't care because I knew that she was real. She was really here.

Still in a daze, I wrapped my arms around her waist, feeling the curves of her back. I could feel her breath against my neck and her heartbeat against my chest.

"I never realised till now," she muttered into my shoulder, her arms still tight around me, not letting go. 

"Never realised what?" I asked, trying to find the words on my dumb tongue. 

I took a breath, listened to the sound of the rain patting against the pavement outside, before she replied, "That it was always you."

Before I could react, she had pulled back and drawn my face into a kiss. Her lips were wet like dew but sweet like the honey made from flowers. I kissed her back, running my hands up from her waist to her wet hair and pulled her to me. My lips remembered exactly what it was like to kiss her as if I had always done it, as if our lips were always meant to be together.

The next few moments were a blur; the beat of the party music through the walls and the soothing sound of the traffic driving by, the cars running their wheels across the tarmac of the road in calming rythmn. Still, I was wrapped in Jin and she was wrapped in me and for that moment, all we were was each other.

Slowly, she seperated our lips but didn't move very far away, her nose resting against mine.

"I'm sorry," she whispered, a small smile hinting her lips.

I didn't have to ask what for. I could see it in her eyes that she was apologising for always looking at Jiyoung. But, right then I didn't care. Although he had held her heart long before I had ever met her, I knew that I had won it for far longer than that.

 

 


A/N: I may write an epilogue from GD's pov ~ watch this space.

Other than that, I know this chapter isn't the best quality but I wanted to give you all something, at least an ending. Hope it satisfies :)