Jin

Merge

 

It felt sudden; like a rushing wave crashing against these unstable cliffs, when his lips touched mine. It didn't last long, yet when he pulled away, my lips felt empty for the first time in my life – like I needed him to kiss me endlessly so he could mend these new wounds.

 

His gaze bore into me as I saw the passion in them, never leaving and it was like I was joining with him through that simple gaze of his. The silver of his hair looked so different in the light we were in, or maybe it was just me seeing him different this time; I could notice the perfect sculpture of his body wrapped in the materials of his suit and shirt. Yet the curves of his clothes never seemed to end as my eyes traced the line of his neck , shades of shadow creating a soft pattern against his skin and my fingers longed to reach up and caress each unique twirl and swirl he held there.

 

My lips suddenly felt the warmth of his again and I could truly feel the passion inside him; his grip tightened around my forearms as he pulled me closer to him. The movement of his lips pressed against mine, controlling them. It felt so much like an uneven dream and as my fingers unknowingly reached up to the strands of his hair, something hit me. And I woke up.

 

Violently, I pushed him away. My body weakened as I croaked, “this is wrong.” My eyes averted away from him, avoiding the look he wore, yet I could still picture it in my mind; his face drooping with shock and hurt, his body frozen as he gazed at me with painful, longing eyes.

 

The atmosphere filled with the greying shade of awkwardness and I could feel it swim around us and trap our limbs; pouring into the growing space between us, building an almost unbreakable barrier.

 

Right then, the sound of my heart, which had been falling endlessly, finally reach the marble floor below and smash, filled my ears.

 

“Jin?” a soft voice crept around us.

 

I broke my gaze and my head jerked up to see Jiyong standing between us. Genuine worry caressed his gaze as his soft touch reached for my wrist, causing a sudden coldness to hit my skin when he made contact.

 

“Are you okay?”

 

His fingers reached up to my cheeks, brushing them and that was when I realized that I had been crying.

 

Nodding quietly and smiling silently, I noticed in the forgotten corner of my eye, Seunghyun slink away, his body limp and his face broken, watching the girl he had kissed pull closer to another man. The eyes I wore began to see the tears forming a platform under them as I looked at him, a sudden rush of pain crashing through them as if, by simply looking at him, all his feelings were mirrored into me.

 

I wanted to reach for him and comfort him, yet I also wanted to push him away so the hurt would go away. I just didn't know what was right anymore.

 

His voice pulled me away from the pain as his fingers ran gently up and down my arm, “Jin. Do you want me to take you home?”

 

Slipping quickly, my gaze glanced to Jiyong and I could see the love in his eyes, no matter the type of love that was held. I wanted to hug him so that he could take all these strange feelings away and everything could go back to normal; so his strong arms could tightly wrap around me and keep the rest of the world away, yet something inside told me that was impossible.

 

Softly, I smiled and nodded shortly after. “Yes please,” I whispered and let him take my hand and lead me out into the cold night air and I wouldn't dare look back.