Shower

Of Lollipops and SMS

 

Shower

 

 



 

Yeonhee sighed as she the shower. She still hasn't quite understood as to what really happened the previous afternoon in the movie house between her and her bestfriend, Kim Jaejoong. Another sigh escaped her lips as she closed her eyes and tilted her head  up, letting the water flow freely on her head, down to her eyes, lips, then to her collarbone, to her chest, her flat stomach, down to her small waist, then to her thighs until it reaches the floor. She stood there for a while as she let the events of the previous day play in her mind.

Sad to say, all her efforts were futile. Whispers of sweet nothings and 'I Love You's filled her mind and sensations of Jaejoong's kiss filled her body. It was all too real to be even dismissed as a dream. His full and soft lips brushed lightly against her own as he whispered his love confession into her lips before claiming them his. His hands caressed her shaking hand and knees, telling them not to be scared. She felt his touch on her skin as she rubbed soap on those parts. She kept asking herself why he chose to fall for her. Why he chose to tell her only that time, it was all a big fat why in her head that she couldn't even comprehend anything anymore.

Then, it hit her. Realization. They were in their last month in high school. They'd be entering different colleges soon. She'd be studying in some international school while he'd be stuck in one of the state colleges. They were going to be apart for the longest time and he didn't even know if it was going to be permanent, even she didn't. And then it was then that she knew what everything meant. Those gazes of his, the small gestures, slight touches and blushes she'd see on his cheeks in a wink of an eye. She knew what went through his mind whenever he'd those lips of his whenever she'd sport a dress that'll be a tad too y.

Jaejoong loves her. That was the only thing she got cleared during shower, everything else was still a big mess. And because of that, she got out of her bathroom only with a towel wrapped around her small frame, appeared in front of Kim Jaejoong with a huge question mark on her face. "What are you doing here?" She asked, almost inaudibly albeit breaking the silence in the room

"Your mom asked me to watch over you. She said you weren't yourself since last night." He told her, trying to ignore the fact that the woman he loves is in front of him, as if she was teasing him ever so gently with an expression just like hers.

Realization. It hit her again. All those times she would feel her cheeks heat up or the times that her heart would start beating twice as fast as it should because of the little things he does for her or the overwhelming amount of security and comfort she would feel whenever he's around. She stepped towards him. With her hair dripping, she tiptoed to him and placed her lips on his as if it was the most natural thing to do. Unlike the previous night, nothing about it was intense nor was it passionate. No, it was all sweet and awkardly innocent, just like the way she is. "I think..." She told him, gently breaking their kiss. She looked deep into his eyes and said, "I might be in love with you too."