Third Riddle

Can You See Me?

AMBER's POV

 

When I got downstairs, I meet Vic in the living room. I roam my eyes around the room to look for Jinki and Luna but I couldn't find them. The place becomes more quiet when it were the only four of us left.

 

"Where is Luna and Jinki?" I asked her.

 

"They are outside, why?" she answered.

 

"Let's go to the forest now and search for the flower." I said to her.

 

"Are you sure that we can find the flower in that forest?"she asked me curiously.

 

"Yeah."I answer with assurance and smile at her.

 

"You are the smartest member in the club, Am."she complimented me.

 

"Not really that smart."I answered and scoffed. "Let's go."

 

We went into the the forest with Jinki and Luna. I lead them to the place where I meet the keeper of the flower. I think she only wants to see me because she put my companions on sleep. I can't carry three people on my back.

 

"Do you have your answer now?"Sooyoung asked me. "If it is wrong, I will turn your soul into one of the ghost flower."she threatened me.

 

"I know."I replied to her. "But sorry, I can't let you do that." I added with a smirk.

 

"With that smirk on your face, I assume that you are really confident right now that your answer is correct."she said to me while raising her left brow.

 

"I am a thousand percent sure."I answered confidently.

 

"So, what is it?"she asked, sounding impatient.

 

"Map."I replied and I think she got a little bit surprise that I got the correct answer.

 

"You are lucky, kid."she said to me. "How did you know the answer?"

 

"I just realize it when I saw the owner of the house that we stayed here was holding one of it yesterday."I answered.

 

"Well, you are indeed a clever one."She complimented me and it made me smile. "I can't give you the flower but, I can only give you the extract of it."she continued and handed me a one small bottle sealed by a cork. It has a light blue fluid in it.

 

"Thank you for this."I said to her as I took it from her hand.

 

"What are you going to do next?"she asked me.

 

"My friends are searching for the spell bottle now, if they will find it, we will mix this with the Water of Life."I said to her.

 

"Are you trying to awaken someone from a deep sleep?"she said to me which furrowed my brows.

 

"What do you mean?"I asked her.

 

Our attention was shifted to the sky when we heard a loud thunder. All the birds flew away and we can hear a flapping sounds.Then the sky was slowly covered by the dark clouds. When I look to where Sooyoung was standing, I can no longer see her. I shove the small bottle into my pocket. When I walk to wear my friends are, I didn't notice this one root of a tree who stick up at the ground and I got tripped on it. I fall hard on the ground. I shut my eyes tight. When I open it again, I was back on the room where Nicole Jung is.

 

"Congratulations,Yiyun."she said to me. "You manage to find the two items in this island."she said to me after I got up.

 

"I told you, it will only take me less than three days."I answered to her with a smirk.

 

"Don't forget that you still haven't figure it out who am I in the group of your friends."she said to me.

 

"I will figure it out as soon as possible."I replied to her.

 

"Remember to do what I had told you before."she reminded me. I looked at her in the eyes.

 

"Why do you want me to kill you? You know that I can't do that,right?"I said to her.

 

She look at me with glistening eyes and she cupped my left cheek with her hand. I think she really longed for Yiyun.

 

"You love her, don't you?"she asked me.

 

"Who?"I replied.

 

"My cousin."she answered as she pull back her hand. "Even in this lifetime, your feelings for her still haven't change."she said to me with a sad smile.

 

I pause for a while and think of what I feel for Krystal. I just love to tease that girl and make her feel annoyed. But it never comes into my me that I love her. I snapped out of my thoughts when I heard Nicole speak again.

 

"Someone had joined in our game."she informed me.

 

"Who?" I asked her curiously.

 

"Try to figure it out too."she said to me with a sly smile.

 

"Man, you are surely giving me a hard time."I complained to her and she scoffed.

 

"I know you like it this way."she replied.

 

"Anyway, what is the spell that will make the mixture effective to bring back Krystal into normal?"I asked her.

 

"I've got a riddle for you. The answer of this riddle will answer your question too."she said to me which made me raise my brows.

 

"If I can't answer that, what will happen to me?"I asked her.

 

"Nothing will happened to you, but you won't be able to know the answer of your question."she replied to me with a smirk.

 

"Okay, fire it up."I said to her.

 

 

"It is greater than God and more evil than the devil. The poor have it, the rich need it and if you eat it you'll die. What is it?"she aksed me. "If you can answer this correctly, I will grant you a one request."

"Do you really mean that?"I asked her.

"Yeah."she replied to me.

"Okay."I answered happily. "Your riddle is really hard...

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

for those who have hear it for the first time."I continued with a smirk.