Body Heat

Can You See Me?

KRYSTAL's POV

 

I don't understand why it seems Amber wants me to stay away from Sooyeon. When he told me not to hang alone with her, I can see in his eyes that there is something going on. I want to know what he is keeping to me and to all of us. I easily located Junsuk since I can feel his presence nearby. I find him and the others in the living room of one of the mansion. Junsuk excuse himself to everyone so he can talk to me. Before we left, I glance at Sooyeon, but she is just sitting in one chair quietly. It seems to me that she is in deep thought.

 

"Krys, I'm so glad that you are safe."Junsuk said to me happily.

 

"Sorry if I made you worried."I answered to him with an apologetic smile.

 

"What happened back there?"He asked me curiously.

 

"I really don't have any idea."I replied to him. "Anyway, whose house is this?"

 

"It belongs to an old lady. Lucky for us she let us stay in her house. The boat got some damage because of the storm. Someone will pick us up tomorrow."he stated.

 

"Before I forget, tell everyone that the dork is safe. I think he is at the back of the island."I informed him.

 

"Thank goodness nothing happened to him. I don't know what to do if there is something bad happened to him."Junsuk said and blew a  short sigh.

 

"That guy is tough, you don't need to worry about him."I said to him and scoffed.

 

"Yeah."he replied with a faint smile. "I hope he will find his way going here."he continued.

 

AMBER's POV

 

The sun is already setting down. I didn't find anything yet. I feel cold because of my wet clothes. I roam around the place but I don't say any path. The path that I took always leads me into the dead end. I felt like, I am inside the maze. If she is trying to get me lost and stuck here forever,well I won't let her. I will find a way to get out of this place by any means. I decided to follow the shore but, ahead of it were block of big rocks as well as on the other side. So I don't have any other choice but to go through the forest. Since it is already dark, I had decided to leave on the place where I am at tomorrow. I gather some big leaves to make it as my bed and blanket. It is so freaking cold and my body is shivering. My teeth are chattering because of it.

 

"I--I h-ho-ope I-I w-i-ill n-not d-die h-here!" I mumbled.

 

The only light that illuminates the place is the moonlight. I covered myself with a very thick leaves. My stomach is grumbling because I didn't eat anything. I can't find any edible fruits. I didn't saw any fruits at all. I close my eyes and hope to fall asleep. I really feel tired.

 

"Dork!" I heard a girl's voice. When I open my eyes,I saw Krystal standing beside me.

 

"W-Why a-are y-you h-here?" I asked her. I really find it embarrassing on how the way I talk now and of my shaking voice.

 

"Are you okay? You look like you are freezing to death here."she said to me as she stoop down.

 

"I-I a-am!" I answered her with an annoyed tone of voice. 

 

She look at me with worried eyes and it made me feel a little bit guilty.Then, an idea pop up in my mind. I got up and take off my shirt. Krystal look at me with widened eyes and was taken aback. She fell her on the ground.

 

"W-What are you doing?"she asked me, stuttering.

 

"I-I n-need y-your b-body h-heat."I answered to her. Her eyes dilate when she heard what I had said. I think she misunderstood me. "A-Aish! I-I w-will n-not do a-any p-erse t-things t-to y-you. J-Just l-lie d-down b-beside me."I continued.

 

We both look at each other's eyes for a while. I silently pray that she will agree to it. 

 

"P-Promise me that you will not do anything?"she said to me timidly, avoiding my eyes.

 

"I-I p-promise."I said to her as I move aside.

 

When she lie beside me, facing her back at me. I move closer to her and hug her. It is more warmer when I hug her. Our combined body temperature lessens the freezing atmosphere. I instantly get rid every erse thoughts that pops up in my mind. I wish morning will come soon.

 

"Thank you."I mumbled as I close my eyes. She just nod her head as a respond.

 

I didn't expect that sleeping beside her will feel this good. I feel comfortable even if I am lying on a hard bed. Even if she is a ghost, her hair still smells good. I hope Junsuk will forgive me about this.

 

KRYSTAL's POV

 

I hesitated first to agree to the dork of what he asked me to do. But I can see that his entire body is really shaking and I can't imagine how cold he is.So I agreed to him, just to help him. To repay my debt to him of saving me. I lie beside him, facing my back at him. I got a little bit surprise when he hugged me. I can feel the warmth of his body and his hot breathe. My heart begans to pound and I can't understand what I am feeling. When he said his thanks to me, it somehow snap me out of my crazy thoughts. I mentally calmed myself and my heart.

 

"Amber?"I called him.

 

"Hmmm?"he hummed.

 

"Why is it that you told me not to be alone with Sooyeon?" I asked him curiously. There was a brief moment of silence before he answered me.

 

"Most people got decieved of what they see."he answered to me.

 

"What are you saying?" I asked him.

 

I don't see any relation of his answer to my question and it got me confused. I waited for him to answer but all I heard is his soft snore.