Hermit In The Cave

Can You See Me?

AMBER's POV

 

I dive under the sea. I follow the orb which lead me to this one passage. When I surface up, I'm already inside the cave. It is really dark, the light of the orb is the only one that illuminates the place. I can hear the droplets of the water that flowing from the rocks. I get off from the water, and started to explore the cave. I didn't expect that it is so big inside. There are a lot of pointed rocks on the roof. When I reach the deepest part of the place, I ended up in one place which is illuminated with crystals around. They shine brightly all over the place. It really looks beautiful. In the center, I notice a small spring of water. I go near it to take a look at it. I got startled when I heard a movement. I roam my eyes around.

 

"Who dare to enter my cave?!" A big deep roaring voice echoed the entire place which made some of the stones to fall.

 

"I'm Amber Joseph Liu, I came here because I am looking for something."I answered, trying to figure out where is the direction to the source of the voice. There is a brief silence.

 

"Who lead you here?"he asked in the same manner. I spotted a big rock, which I assume is where the source of the voice is.

 

"A white orb leads me here."I answered as I slowly walk closer to the big rock.

 

"What orb? Are you fooling me?!"he replied sounding angry. 

 

"I'm telling the truth." I answered him and I walk around the big rock.

 

I saw an old man with a long berd. His eyes widened when he saw me and he quickly move away from me. I didn't expect that someone is really living here.

 

"Wait!" I said to him which stop him from getting further away from me and fortunately he did. "I'm searching for something. A witch had told me that she kept something in this island."I stated and he turn to look at me.

 

"Whose witch are you talking to?"He asked me curiously.

 

"It's Nicole Jung."I answered to him. I can see that he got a little bit surprise hearing Nicole's name.

 

"Then you must be here to get some of it."he replied and scoffed. Hearing what he said made me curious.

 

"What are you talking about?" I asked him.

 

"Didn't you came here to get some of the Water of Life?"he questioned me with furrowed brows.

 

"Water of Life?" I whispered to myself. I look at the spring of water because I think he is referring to it. "Can I ask some of it?" I asked him.

 

"Yes,you can. Only if you can answer correctly my riddle."he answered to me with a smirk.

 

"I don't have any time to waste here." I replied to him.

 

When I walk towards the spring of water, a big rocks suddenly rise up from the ground and block my way into the spring. I was taken aback when I see it. I didn't expect that this old man is sort of a wizard.

 

"You are in my cave kid, and here, you must follow my rule."He said to me when I look at him. "If you answer my riddle incorrectly, I will turn you into one of the shining crystal like what you see around."he added which makes my eyes widened.

 

This old man is worst than Nicole Jung. He is really merciless. I didn't expect that the crystals that I have seen were all humans before. I took a big gulp without my eyes leaving at him. I mentally calm myself so that I can be able to think well. I let out a deep sigh and look at him straight in the eyes.

 

"What is you riddle?" I asked him bravely. A smirk was drawn into his face.

 

"In marble halls as white as milk,lined with skin as soft as silk,within a fountain crystal clear,a golden apple doth appear.No doors are there to this stronghold,yet thieves break in and steal the gold. What am I?"he asked me.

 

This Hermit is really giving me a hard time. He is looking at me with a smirk on his face and I can see in his eyes that he is expecting me to give a wrong answer to him. Well, I will show this man how witty I am.

 

"You can take as much time as you can, kid."he told me and sat down on top of one big rock.

 

KRYSTAL's POV

 

I waited for Amber to come back. I got worried because he is really taking so long. I don't know what happened to him. It is already half an hour had passed and he still didn't surface out of the sea. I can't help but to think that what if he already had drowned. I want to follow him but he strictly told me to just stay behind. Then, I felt someone's presence which made me turn behind.

 

"Whose there?" I asked, looking around.

 

A very cold wind then blow gently and I can hear that it calls my name.

 

"We will see each other again soon, Krystal." I heard a voice before the wind had pass through me which widened my eyes.

 

"Chungsook!" I mumbled in disbelief.