L.Joe: xx

Lost Dreamers

Entering homeroom, Byunghun knew that something was waiting for him at the end. A girl with an earthquake spirit was waiting for him. Or he could be one of those love fool, so naïve to believe that she would do him no harm. Upon his first footsteps into the classroom, he discovered new wonders. It was always a joy to face new challenges. Park In-Na’s cold expression, perhaps, made him believe that he was supposed to face death together. On such a hazy morning, Byunghun wanted her to smother him with pleasant words and to speak to him with hushed tones, comforting and something less threatening.

Niel chuckled, seeing In-Na who was seated on her desk, arms crossed, frustration came to life. She was staring hard at Byunghun who was reminded of the ‘Jagiya’ phone-call.

“Oh,” Niel whispered over to Byunghun. “I think, someone’s in trouble.”

“You’re ed, bro,” Ricky reminded him.

Byunghun wore a look, pretending to not care, fueling back his ego. In-Na was mentally commanding for his attention. Approaching his desk, which was in fact, just next to her, Byunghun handed down a smirk, a very bold, charming smirk.

“Jagiya.”

In-Na rose from her seat, blinking her eyes in disbelief. She was about to burst in a single moment, like fireworks, she has been storing in her energy and it was about to fade out anytime soon. Byunghun, to her surprise, was in control. It did seem like he was able to find a weakness in her. In-Na, to Byunghun was a shattered mirror, though disfigured and cracked, he knew that he needed to fix the remnants, though broken - he wanted to make sure that she was intact and secured. She needed fixing. He wanted to be the one, taking care of the fragile fragments.

She looked at him, sharper than knife. “Lee Byunghun, you’re so dead!”

“I’m not!” Byunghun stuck out his tongue, trying to break free from her wrath. His classmates were looking at the both of them, wondering what will happen to Seoul High when two people like this, were put together.

“, I am so mad, I have the urge to cut your blonde locks off!” She jumped on another table, oblivious about her classmates’ nervous looks. Byunghun kept laughing, pretending to not hear her cries. He didn’t care if In-Na was sending shivers on his insides, with her punches and threatening words.

“You can’t catch me, Park In-Na!” Byunghun yelled over from the back of the class. Mathematics books, a couple of ballpoint pens and a plastic bottle flew towards his direction. The bitter air ran in the classroom. He had messed with the wrong person. There wasn’t even an atrocious feeling of guilt in Byunghun as he kept running in circles, trying to run from her.

In-Na grabbed his skateboard from underneath his table. A warning sign emerged from her face. She snickered. A part of Byunghun knew what she was going to do. He was aware that she has flaws, and they seemed to increase in number when his heart decided to be near her.

“Jagiya, do you want to have lunch again today?” Byunghun smirked.

“I hate you.”

“Come on, don’t be like that!”

“Pretty boy, don’t let me shove this down your throat.”

“You’re so merciless,” Byunghun gave a pitiful face. “With all these people here, don’t you have the heart to accept my love? I couldn’t eat because all I wanted was for us to eat together.”

She broke into swears, shifting glances from him to the skateboard. “Just you wait!”

“I’m waiting for you.”

Teen Top flitted into laughter, knowing where this was going. Her fingers entwined to the skateboard, keeping her rebellious attitude.  

“You know I dare-“ In-Na said, a tone that wasn’t broken or shattered. “Hey, pretty boy-“ She ran out of the classroom, from the third floor, she threw his skateboard down. Her act triggered their classmates to flee from their respective seats, some leaped out to witness the walking dirt, raking up trouble, Byunghun being her target.

“It’s okay,” Byunghun said. “Spending time with you will be more than needed. I can always get myself a new board. Nothing can ever replace you, Jagiya.”

Tangled, speechless, Park In-Na ran straight towards Byunghun, a fist wrapped to his neck. She wasn’t quite used to people doing that to her.

“Byunghun, are you dating the walking dirt?” Kim Jae Rin managed to say, clenching her fist, shouting over in the middle of the chaotic argument.

Then came silence. In-Na threw in a look towards Jae Rin, a look where she was going to rip the ballerina’s jaw off. In-Na was trying hard to figure it out, to get out from Byunghun’s control.

“Prancing ballerina, do you want him?” In-Na smirked. “I think…he’s more of your type.”

Kim Jae Rin branded a disbelief look. A small smile eventually emerged from her face. Byunghun stood, speechless, an enraged reaction followed. “What?”

“So, I can have him?”

“No way in hell am I fighting over him with you,” In-Na smirked, cracking her knuckles. “Yeah, you can have the pretty boy, ballerina. You win.”

Her stupid actions affected Byunghun. Oh god, being friends with Park In-Na was like a game where he has all the winning cards, but still ended up losing. Teen Top stayed unmoved, choked up laughter kept pouring out. They were laughing so hard, their stomach started to ache. Niel and Chunji were on the floor, howling in laughing.

 


 

Locked in that room, Byunghun has been listening to cursed words and it has been going for about an hour. He was waiting, sitting there in detention, bidding his time. Park In-Na decided to not keep shut, fury locked in her closed mouth. He slammed his head against the desk, but he couldn't seem to get away from her.

“Will you quit cursing?” Byunghun glared.

“Will you quit being an arse?” She muttered distastefully. “You’re the one who wanted to surrender yourself into detention!”

Byunghun avoided looking into her eyes for too long. He was beginning to get lost into them and he found it hard to find his way out. He could take her face, and kiss her lips when she smiles –

“I’m not going to lie,” Byunghun contradicted his thoughts. “You’re messed up!”

“I know right,” In-Na smirked. "So, I was told. You're ed up too. This is why, we're friends."