L.Joe: x

Lost Dreamers

Byunghun wanted to tell her, by how beautiful she was under the beaming moonlight. Her hair that fell nicely, contouring her features. Her cheeks resembled shades of beautiful roses. Pastel pink, blossoming. He felt a knot of laughter, maybe an unwise confidence b inside his stomach. It felt awfully wrong but right at the same time to have sneak into her bedroom. Something in him, hid his opinions. Maybe, she would find him, strange. Maybe worst, giving her the impression that he was stalking. He didn't want to plant such thoughts in her.

In-Na aimlessly walked over to his silhouette, grabbing him by the collar. She eyed him, their eyes meeting in the dark. Even with still darkness, he was able to see her perfect set of eyes. This time, however, her eyes flashed embarrassment.

“What are you doing here?” She held on tight to his leather jacket’s collar. Byunghun stiffened by her touch. She was hiding her bashful side by using violence. She only looked at him with a blank face, cheeks turned scarlet, betraying her feelings with aggressive words.

“I lost my way,” Byunghun said, gaining more control with an upturn of his lips. She was noticeably startled by his reaction. Dropping her fist, she stepped back. He smirked and stood up. Park In-Na’s face punctured with obvious reticence.

"Right." She managed to say. "What do you want?"

"I've nothing in mind." His eyes crinkled into an eye-smile.

"Really?"

"Since you're enjoying my company-"

“You’re disturbing my sleep, Lee Byunghun,” she mumbled, finding words to replace the awkward air. “It’s close to midnight and people sleep at this hour.” Briefly, she looked over to Byunghun, who was now examining the details of her room. “Oh-I forgot, you’ve things going on in the streets. You don’t sleep. You roam around and you lost your way.”

“Are we getting to the part where I’m supposed to tell you about my life? Or about what I do in the streets?” Byunghun said.

“Vampire,” she said. “Maybe, that’s what you are.”

He rolled his eyes, touching the white photo frame. “Yeah, sure.”

"A burglar," she added.

"Such a handsome face," he chided, grinning at his reflection in her bedroom's full length mirror. She stared back in disbelief.

“You’re frustrating!” She conceded, sitting on her bed, wondering if the blonde-haired guy would leave or stay for the night. “Byunghun, I think you should know that I don’t waste my time on people who aren’t willing to spare a proper conversation. There isn’t anyone who has ever paid me a visit at night and to just say that he lost his ing way. It frustrates me. It angers me so much that a boy such as yourself would sneak in to my room and pretend that he’s here just to say that he’s lost and pretends that he doesn’t want to see me. Leave. ing, leave.”

He will always remember the honesty in her words, the look in her eyes of such emptiness.

“I’m staying for the night,” Byunghun smiled, saluting before sitting on the chair again. “Because I’m here to see you. And I think, you'll enjoy my company.”

She widened her eyes, unable to string sentences out. Byunghun took off his leather jacket, draping it on the chair's arm rest. His white graphic shirt fit his built perfectly. She rubbed her eyes groggily, pretending to look at something else.

"Don't come close," she said, rather warily, half-threatening. "Stay at where you are at."

 


 

“The girls’ street soccer team?” Byunghun asked. In-Na was talking to him, half-asleep while he was seated on her bedroom’s chair. She brushed her hair to the side, showing a small smile. She has tucked herself in bed while they talked past midnight. Byunghun gazed at her from a distance. He didn’t come close. He didn’t want to.

“Yeah,” she said softly. “Life could be a dream, pretty boy.”

He nodded in understanding. “It is.”

“Do you have a dream?” She asked. Her voice filled with warmth. “A beautiful dream?”

“I found mine,” he said. “But it seems far away.”

She shifted in her sleeping position, mumbling something in between. “Byunghun, do you like, anyone?”

“What?” Byunghun paused, fighting the curiosity but couldn’t help feeling puzzled. “Why?”

It took him a while to realize that she was deep in slumber. She didn't reply and instead, her peaceful breathing filled the room. He raised a brow, still dumbfounded by her question. It was unsettling. Why did she asked such a question? It didn't match the cold front that Park In-Na has been wearing. He stood up, feeling the nervous sparks forming inside his heart. Byunghun walked over to her sleeping figure, thinking that he has officially lose himself. His eyes caught her demure face, having to not escape the feeling of infatuation. He brought himself closer to her, slowly, drawing nearer, steadily, tucking a loose strand of hair to the back of her left ear. He smiled to himself. His smile never faltered. Satisfied, he made his way to her bedroom windows, careful to not make a single sound.

A silent escape was all he needed.

 


 

“Pretend to be good, we shall” was the motto that C.A.P had came up with. Besides, it'll stir suspicion away that Seoul's Underground Gangsters were currently studying in a first rate school. Byunghun found it stupid, nonetheless. He felt that their plan would eventually backfire and Diamonds will come into terms that they were hiding among high school students.

The following day in school, Teen Top was punctual and this in turn, made the homeroom teacher pleased with the drastic improvement.

Lee Byunghun, L.Joe was seen different from the others. He was the center of attention, mainly because he talks to Teen Top and only Teen Top. Girls in school found him alluring as they spoke about the fine details of his cheeks, mouth and jaw. It sounded all too, possessive and truth to be told, he has turned to be the cold city bad boy that all the girls wanted for themselves. Byunghun hated the attention.

He gathered himself up and sat at his desk, which was now filled with pink cards, varied in shapes and sizes. Chocolates and stuffed animals were neatly arranged amongst the love confessions.

“Aw, that’s so sweet,” Niel smirked, raising his eyebrows. “Wonder what she’ll do if she sees this.”

“Shut up. There’s nothing going on between me and her.” Byunghun muttered under his breath, pushing the love notes and gifts to the floor, letting it topple freely to the ground. The glint in his eyes turned dark. The girls who were involved in giving the presents gave audible sighs and rejected expressions.

“Yeah, sure. Whatever you say, Seoul’s merciless gangster,” Niel whispered, sounding sarcastic before taking the two seats behind Byunghun’s.

Byunghun looked over to the desk next to him. He groaned in defeat. It was expected.

Park In-Na was missing classes, yet again. Nothing new. He took out the cigarette box out of his pocket before gazing blankly at the teacher in his view. He contemplated to sneak out for a short puff before putting his head on the table. He will do it once Kim Jae Rin was done trying to attract his attention.

 


 

Watch the skies

Let the world roll by


“Girls, girls! News from the head office! Park In-Na has a new detention buddy.”
“You will not believe who the person is.”
“That good for nothing. That walking dirt actually has a friend now?”
“Why would anyone else attend detention in the all-prestigious, Seoul High?”
"Please! Please let it not be him."
"I refuse to believe this!"