L.Joe: xviii

Lost Dreamers

“How?”

“What?”

“I think I need some air!”

“No...” C.A.P stuttered. “How? What? Park In-Na? How?”

“Sweetheart?” Niel muttered. “I mean, Sunbaenim!”

“What?” Teen Top cried out, unsettled with the information.

 



Byunghun’s mouth opened - breath running dry, finding it to believe that she has been the one behind the mask. Park In-Na held on to a very important position in Big Bang? How was that even possible? She was a lot more than he had expected her to be. Byunghun tried piecing all the questions at the back of his head.

His first day of school in Seoul High.

The encounter in the streets.

When he was bleeding in the streets after the fight with Diamonds.

She was there.

She offered help.

She stole ramen from one of the dangerous streets.

She was always wandering around alone.

She hardly attends classes and even if she does, she has that wit, the charm, the bravery to get away.

 

Chunji walked towards In-Na, careful steps that became a lot bolder. He inspected her. “In-Na, did you know about this from the start? About what we are and the things we’ve done in the streets?” The look on his face, it was still unfazed. Chunji anticipated her answer, his fingers trembled in fear for she was standing there, looking all powerful and undeterred.

“What do you think?” In-Na chuckled.

“So you knew from the beginning?”

“No. I don’t,” In-Na responded. “Jiyong likes to recruit men or create sub-gangs without my knowledge. I am aware about Teen Top but truthfully; I don’t give a single about the men or boys who are a part of it. Ji knows I don’t give a . It’s because he is related to me that I was given this position.” She explained and from what Byunghun saw and understood from her personality, she really did not care.  “But I knew something was off when six new students arrived in Seoul High after the banter with Diamonds.”

Teen Top flinched, sensing her intimidating aura once again.

“And you.” In-Na approached Byunghun, a tiny smile curled at the tip of her lips. “You’re not exactly excellent in the game of hiding, Lee Byunghun.” She pulled his hand, lifting the leather jacket’s sleeve, showing the tattoo wrapped around his left wrist.  Byunghun’s cold eyes dissolved by her sudden touch. “You think I wouldn’t know the symbol to Ji’s gang?”

Niel burst out laughing. “Oh god, I can’t take this seriously! Oh this is too surreal. HAHAHAHA. Sorry, Park In-Na. I just can’t-”

In-Na slammed Byunghun’s wrist to the table, and that action triggered Byunghun to curse out loud, in pain.

Everything wasn’t at bliss. Byunghun silently snickered to himself knowing that she has a god damn temper. Immediately, Niel wiped away the tears from his eyes, hanging his head low, silencing himself. He was trapped. Her wrath anticipated him.

“What’s so funny?” In-Na stared right through Niel. From his expression, he wished that he had shut his gap up.

Niel stuttered, thinking that he has officially ed his way. “I-I’m sorry.”

“Niel, you do know that Ji wanted me to kill you?” In-Na threatened, reminding him with a voice, full of threat and she meant every word. “All of you?”

Byunghun met her eyes, those eyes that have the ability of breaking him into pieces. He stood a few inches apart from her. In-Na blinked in surprise, finding herself in the same dead end street. “Will you do it then, In-Na?” Byunghun didn’t let go of his attention from her. “If you are going to do it, start it with me. My life’s ed. Death is just a step away.”

There were days that Byunghun tried to block off the despair in his heart, no matter how hard he tried, and it wouldn’t go away. There was nothing uncommon about it. Byunghun’s life was hollow. Byunghun’s life was too empty. If his parents truly cared for him, he thought, they wouldn’t have left him. He was tired of living through the life of being controlled by his stepfamily. He was tired. He felt suffocated, stifled and strangled.

She smiled genuinely. The distance between them both was a nose apart. Byunghun was at point where her heart beat has filled his head and ears.

“And do you know why I ordered my men to bring all of you here, pretty boy?”

Byunghun shook his head, a puzzling look floating in between.

“I couldn’t do it.” In-Na confessed. “Because those people, they don’t accept broken kids like us, pretty boy. And being like this, it’s the only way that keeps us sane. What killed me inside is the thought of you gone. You, all of you - coming into Seoul High - it was the best thing that has happened to me. There’s no way I could pick myself up and end this best thing. You make my life a lot less of a hell.”

In-Na continued, giving Byunghun a playful smack on his back. "So, we can be friends, pretty boy?"

"Yes," Byunghun snickered. "Sweetheart."

"What the , L.Joe!" Niel screamed. "Find another nickname for her! She's mine!"

 



He didn’t try anyway. He didn't try fighting.
Sometimes when he thinks that he's failing.
People can’t stop saying how much of a failure he was.

He would remember that he was made of paper.
Sometimes, he thinks that he was made of glass.
He was breakable.

Sometimes, he thinks that he was made of fire.
Waiting at the end, to be extinguished.