L.Joe: xix

Lost Dreamers

Byunghun and Teen Top returned to the penthouse after a day of surprises and the unrevealing of Park In-Na’s true identity. There were traces of uncertainty that lingered. Byunghun sat outside the penthouse, listening to the wind whisper. Sitting in a quiet spot, his mind drifted to the incident that happened.

“Will you still be involved in the streets, pretty boy?”

Byunghun shook his head, unsure of himself. “I don’t know, In-Na. Honestly, I need this life.” He thought about the need to earn him an income to support his habits. “When he took me in, he as in...G-Dragon Hyung, I felt powerful and less worthless.” He ruffled his blonde hair, his deep voice was calm but In-Na witnessed fury in his eyes. “I have this one job, and I’ve decided to not it up.”

In-Na gazed up at him and looked woefully. “I’m in no control of your life, Byunghun because this is your life and you make decisions on your own.” She calmly clasped her hand on his wrist, eyes transfixed to the permanent symbol on it. “I’ll be honest with you, pretty boy. I want to remove this part of my life. Killing people, getting power out of terrorizing others’ lives, getting bloodied chins each night, extorting money - is that the life that you truly want? Because sure as hell, karma’s going to bite one day. Are you willing to sacrifice your life for this?”

“You sound like you’re in control, leader.” Byunghun gave a smirk. “From the looks of it, you are starting to care about me.”

“Shut up-“ She turned pink on the cheeks. “I have missed out an important detail, pretty boy,” In-Na said, concerned laced to her tone. “I can’t kill you but soon, you will have to face Diamonds on your own. If you choose to stay here, to stay by this route, you will have to do it.  If not, my men and I, Park In-Na, will do it. I’ll protect you. We will do it in your name.”

In-Na had to kill Teen Top because Jiyong emphasized that they broke the agreement.
In-Na couldn’t do it.
In-Na wanted to save him. In-Na wanted to save Teen Top.
In-Na and her men had wanted to sacrifice on their part, to fight for Teen Top’s mistakes.

Byunghun kept thinking about their conversation. She wanted him to leave this life. This delinquent life. Propping his head on his knees, the boy spent the night asking himself questions and answering them. It occurred to him that he needed more time to try to have it figured out. He wanted to forget about everything else but her name, her voice dived inside him. His heart, it ticked like a broken clock, whirring and clanking for the night.

“Park In-Na, you’re driving me crazy.”

 


 

Byunghun's life, was alike to running recklessly. He felt his chest rise and fall. Silently, he suppressed pain because there were some things that was impossible to reach. It was a little different now. That pain is slowing down. He suspected that it will soon stop entirely. Maybe not now, but soon enough. He was getting better at letting things go because she came into his life. He wasn't so lonely, anymore.

It was a school day and Byunghun wondered by what changes there will be to his life after the secrets were out. He carried his backpack, not pressured to bring in his schoolbooks and instead, what he has brought along was just his skateboard and a notebook.

“Do you think she’ll turn up?” Chunji asked, grabbing his motorbike’s helmet.

Byunghun smiled. “We will have to get to class and find out, shall we?”

“Someone seems eager!” Changjo ruffled the blonde-haired boy, expecting him to say something in retort.

“I am,” Byunghun said coolly. “I actually am.”

 



Standing in front of the school, Byunghun kept his eyes to the surrounding. Teen Top’s fan girls gathered around the entrance, enticed by the boys’ good looks. It made it difficult for the boys to move. Byunghun was secretly thankful that they have parked their motorbikes at an alley, two blocks away from the reputable school.

“Byunghun-Oppa!”

“Oppa!”

“C.A.P-Oppa Jjang!”

“We love you!”

“I want to be your girlfriend!”

Chocolates, expensive bouquets and love letters were shoved to Teen Top’s faces as they were making their way to their homeroom. These girls refused to disperse and it hindered their movements, even further.

Byunghun’s empty eyes absorbed the sight in his view, in a meticulous way. He was trying to find her in that crowded locker area. It was particularly difficult when girls were screaming in his ears, some begging, and some pleading. Byunghun almost lost his temper, and he had to find the strength to continue through the ridiculous fangirling crowd.

“This is why I hate school!” Niel hissed, dodging the box of chocolates hurled to his direction. “, why are we blessed with good looks!”

C.A.P gave a glare, eyes that were stabbing in rage. “Byunghun, ing do something. Oh for the love of god, help me!”

Byunghun took out his phone, punching in some numbers, in the middle of the locker room did he raise his voice.

“JAGIYA. OH JAGIYA.”

“What? What the is he doing?” Niel almost lost it.  “Are you dating someone?”

The locker area silenced by itself, a taste of rejection hammered on the students’ faces. The crowd started to disperse and Teen Top was able to witness heartbreak indented on the poor girls’ faces. All hope disappeared.

“Yes, jagiya?" Byunghun kept the phone close to his ears, mind averted to his own world.

“Where are you? I missed you. If you are not by my side, I would die. I couldn't sleep. I couldn't eat. All I think about is you. Yes, anything for you-” Byunghun placed his attention to the crowd, seeing how it was easier to navigate without the sounds of screaming girls, he pressed the red button, cutting the conversation off. A smile shaped on his lips, clearly satisfied.

“All I think about is you? Who did you call, arse?” Niel said with his mouth hung open.

“In-Na.” Byunghun snickered.

"What?"

“That’s how you do it, arse.”

"She'll kill you," C.A.P joked, slinging an arm around Byunghun. 

"I'll live with that," Byunghun said. "Speaking of her, she's in the classroom."