L.Joe: xvii

Lost Dreamers

Sunshine streamed inside the abandoned alley and it made Byunghun wonder by how long they have spent struggling inside that room. He was no doubt tired. His nerves were a riot and he wanted painkillers, get some rest and let the medicine knock him out. The masked girl had wanted, or perhaps demanded to see Byunghun for whatever reasons there were.

“Do you think she’ll kick you in the balls?” Ricky joked, slinging an arm around Byunghun.

“You think it’s funny?” Byunghun glared, proceeding with a flick on the latter’s forehead. “Talking about balls, are you all coming along with me? Do you have the balls, ?”

Changjo raised a brow, looking a little hesitant. “Think she’ll kill us or make G-Dragon Hyung do it in her place?”

“I’m armed,” C.A.P admitted, holding out the pocketknife, a small smile lined to his lips. “Come on, we’ve to talk it out with her.”

“You know what?” Byunghun said, halting on the spot.

“What?” Niel gave a questioning look.

“I’m ing hungry!” Byunghun shot back. “My last meal was that half-eaten Chinese Takeaway. Some ate my portion.” Niel gave a nervous look, in guilt and looked away from the raging underground gangster.

 



It was a half hour ride from the alley using their respective motorbikes. The tattooed men, to whom Byunghun discovered goes by the name of Won, led them with his Harvey Davidson bike, to another street southwards. He looked to the left, finding the area, almost uninviting. It was about seven in the morning but the puzzling thing was, the street rustled in silence. Birds chirped, sunlight casted on their now weary bodies but not a single person was around.

“We’re here,” Won said, proceeded to take off his motorbike’s helmet, instantly pointing towards a house.

The state of the house was far from perfect, because Byunghun noticed by how the exterior consisted of piled garbage, alcohol bottles and gravels. “First room to the right,” Won instructed. “And good luck, Teen Top.” s nod their heads in silence. They walked in sync, trying to gain back their lost confidence.

Won’s instruction was a clear guide, and what met Byunghun’s eyes was by how the house has a simple arrangement – the living room, he presumed, because it has a wooden table with stacks of books, a white sofa that looks almost untouched, a TV and a mini fridge.

“That’s the room,” Niel said, a finger narrowed to the white door. He muttered, “And , if I were to die here, it’s better than that damn area previously. Smells like unshaved armpits collided to one.”

“For once, you’re ing right, arse,” Byunghun snickered, taking confident steps to the room where their fate awaits.


 




“Hello?” Byunghun cooed, knocking the white door. He felt the time ticking. Teen Top huddled at the back, waiting for the person who has been waiting for their arrival, to give any possible signs. After what felt like hours, which in fact was just a mere second, because time was grueling, a loud voice echoed from inside.

“Come in!”

Byunghun grabbed the doorknob, his hands shaking a little but there was no turning back now. He stood frozen on his feet to which Niel has pushed him from the back, with force, that made Byunghun land on the ground - his face crushed to the floor. “Ah, you.” Byunghun mumbled, undeniably annoyed. Teen Top entered the room, intimidated by the person behind the closed doors.

“Hello.”

The masked girl stood up from the chair that she was seated on, her hand letting go of the thick book, and it was accompanied by a loud thud against the table surface. She has been reading a book by Haruki Murakami.

Byunghun gathered himself up from that embarrassing position, and his eyes, within seconds was back to the cold and empty expression he was familiar with.

Byunghun saw the book that she had been holding and said without a smile, “Death is not the opposite of life, but a part of it.”

Amazed, she stepped forward and unmistakable laughter came from . “You’re quite a nerd, Lee Byunghun.”

“H-How did you know of L.Joe’s real name?” Niel yelled with a fist up in the air. “We’ve never revealed our member’s name. Woman, who are you? Show yourself because I have been trying so damn hard to put up with all these unanswered questions.” He removed his black mask, figuring out that it was for the best. “I’m Niel. Ahn Daniel. We’re in one of the sub-gangs which belongs to G-Dragon, registered legally to protect the streets in Hongdae and Mokpo.”

C.A.P interrupted, removing his mask. “It’s right that we apologize for our mistakes. For putting you at risk of being attacked by Diamonds’ men.” He bowed formally, eyes latched to the ground. “I’m Bang Min Soo. I’ve been assigned the position of Leader in Teen Top.”

She gave a smug smile, raising her hand in the air, indicating them to stop. Ricky was about to speak but she handed down a stern look. “Lee Chan Hee-“ She pointed at Chunji who didn’t expect it. “Yoo Chang Hun-“ Ricky stammered, seeing a hand narrowed to his figure. “And you must be Choi Jong Hyun.” The masked girl approached Changjo, confidence pressed to her face.

“Byunghun.” She spoke, eyes meeting the cold gangster. “I’m sure as ing surprised you haven’t figured it all out.”

His expression hardened, glaring with no sign of backing down. “You sound ing muffled behind that thick mask. I don’t think I would have remembered you. Or heard of you.”

“Since we’re going by the game of introduction.“

She removed the black mask, a snicker full on her lips.

“Hello. I’m Park In-Na. I’ve been entitled position as second leader in Big Bang, in-charge of extortion and the legal streets in Mokpo, Hongdae, Gwangju, Busan and-“ She paused, catching their faces.

The boys stared, and it looked like they were all given a kick on their respective balls - not believing a single thing – more like refusal to digest all of the information. Byunghun choked in surprise. "And I’m the cousin to G-Dragon. Nice to meet you. And pretty boy, I’m ing disappointed. Why didn’t you tell me? I knew we were going to be friends since you first climbed that wired wall.”