Hateful Innocence

Metal Body, Human Soul

            Clink. Clink. Shift. Creek. Click.

            There he is, seated next to Creator. He proves to be much better than I have ever been. It has been a few weeks since he was made.

            This… Luhan, was it? He is able to modify his voice to display different emotions. His eye color changes with his mood. Creator acknowledges his human-like qualities.

            “Ah, there you are. Would you fetch something for me to drink? Oh, and Luhan spilled some oil on his shirt yesterday while looking through parts of the experimentation room. Would you clean his shirt as well?”

            “Yes, Creator.”

            Clink. Clink. Clink. Clink. Slam. Click. Ping. Shing.

            Luhan’s room is much nicer than mine. It is much larger and better furnished… suited for a robot like him.

            Shuffling over to a small hamper, I pull out a pale blue shirt, a large black blob right at the bottom left.

            Shing. Creek. Clink. Clink. Clink. Turn. Shift. Clink. Clink. Cling. Flick. Shhh. Flick. Clink. Clink. Clink.

            “Oh, thank you for the water. Now, go on and quickly wash that shirt. Later, I must go to buy Luhan more clothes… Perhaps I will be able to purchase a new dress for you… This one is far too dirty to even look at. Please at least go and try to scrub out the stains while you wash Luhan’s shirt.”

            “Of course, Creator.”

            Clink. Clink. Clink. Clink. Cling. Click. Clink. Clink. Ping. Click. Clink. Clink.

            Turning on the water to fill up a small tub, I pull on a pair of rubber gloves before dunking the shirt into the water and finding a rag to scrub at my own dress.

            Creator never gave me much time to myself to clean up my own room or meager belongings. I was merely a little maid for him.

            Click.

            I spun around quickly, splashing a bit of water onto the ground. Luhan stood there, a bit surprised by the water and taking a step back.

            “May I help you?”

            Luhan simply stood there, only shaking his head in reply. “I only want to watch.” His eyes were a clear blue, which I learned signified curiosity for him.

            His voice sounded too soft and gentle for that of a robot. But it had tone to it. He was able to convey different tones and levels of volume. It was not monotonous.

            This was the first time we have talked to each other. He never asks anything of me.

            I gave a jerky nod before turning back to scrubbing my dress.

            “Is this what you do everyday?”

            “Yes, or similar tasks to this.”

            There was a long pause, the only sounds were of me scrubbing my dress, then his shirt.

            Neither of us said a thing. Me because I felt uncomfortable under his gaze. Him probably because he was too curious and absorbed in watching.

            Scrub. Scrub. Scrub. Cling. Slam. Ping. Splash.

            “Do you never get wet?”

            “I do sometimes if I am not careful.”

            “Then what happens?”

            “I quickly dry off and if anything goes wrong… then I fix it myself as best I can.”

            “You should go to Creator. He can fix you quickly if anything goes wrong.”

            “He has no time for me.”

            He was very curious about everything. Was I that curious?

            “Why do you move so loudly?”

            “I am not as advanced as you.”

            “Why do you talk like that?”

            “I am not programmed like you.”

            “Why?”

            “Creator had not experimented far enough to make me more advanced.”

            “Are you a prototype?”

            I froze, surprised by the question. Was I a prototype? Was I made simply as a pre-run before he made Luhan? “I do not know.”

            “Have I made you feel bad?” His eyes slowly shifted to a dark, indigo color.

            Yes.

            “No, Luhan.” There was a flicker of green (did that signify happiness?) before turning back to pale blue.

            There was a moment's pause before he fired a few more questions.

            "Why do you perform tasks such as these?"

            Because I do not satisfy Creator.

            "If I do not, who else will?"

            "We could all help."

            It does not work that way here.

            "But Creator would not have time to experiment. And you would not be as free as you are now."

            “Okay… Creator is taking me out. Have you been out before?”

            “No.”

            If only I had the chance.

            “I will bring you something, then.” There was another flash of green in his eyes.

            Before I could protest, he was gone. I turned back to the stained shirt, wringing out the water and beginning to scrub lightly.

            He seems so innocent... too kind… And he seems to satisfy Creator.

            I am glad that he is not living as I am. At least he does not have to be tossed aside and turned into another servant or tool for Creator. I am glad that he is being treated as he is now.

            Yet… why do I feel so envious? Why do I wish that he had not satisfied Creator?

            Why do I hate him?


Sorry about such a short chapter :/.... Please comment if you have any suggestions to help me improve!

Also comment or subscribe if:

1) You like the story :D

2) You want me to continue ^.^

Thanks for reading~!

~DespisedSecret