Blue

Metal Body, Human Soul

 

            Clink. Clink. Clink.

            I walked into my room and my eyes caught sight of a small package, wrapped with crinkly brown paper. Stiffly walking over, I picked it up and sat down on my bed. I carefully unwrapped the paper and pulled out a pale, wide, blue ribbon, smooth as water and reflecting the light of the room.

            Why did Luhan get me a ribbon?

            I pulled the entire ribbon out of the wrappings and a piece of paper fell out after.

            Creak. Click. Groan. Creak.

            There was a badly draw picture of a dress and what could have been the ribbon and an arrow pointing the ribbon towards the waist of the dress.

            If I could laugh, I would have at the picture. I put down the paper and walked over to my only mirror, ribbon in hand.

            My dress was slightly dirtied here and there, yet the ribbon was pure and clean. I held it up against my dress and nearly cringed. Tying it on now would make it seem too out of place, so I folded up the ribbon carefully and placed it back in the wrappings, setting it back on my small table.

            Clink. Clink. Clink.

            I wonder why Luhan had given that to me. I was a worn out, dirty robot that moved stiffly around. Everything about that small gift was opposite to me.

            Clink. Clink. Clink.

            But I should thank Luhan for getting me such a pretty gift.

. . .

            They came back from their trip just now, and Creator has called for me to help organize the new material for the robot.

            Luhan’s eyes were green again as he also helped to move some things into different cabinets. Just before he helped to move everything, I saw him slip into his room for only a moment before darting back out.

            Clink. Clink. Clink.

            I lifted a few boxes, slowly shifting them into large cabinets. Luhan seemed to easily carry twice as much as I did at a time, moving much faster and silently. He glanced over at me and his eyes seemed to shine a bit brighter before walking over, putting down a stack of boxes he was carrying, lifting up one of my boxes onto his stack, and picking it right back up before putting them all into the cabinet.

            To be honest, I’d always wondered how Creator managed to carry such large loads of these whenever he bought things in such large bulks. It’s definitely no longer a wonder.

            Clink. Clink. Clink. Clop. Shift.

            “Luhan, please help me get that large green book from my study.” Creator looked at me and said, “Begin preparing my next meal. I shall be in the dining room in an hour.”

            Clink. Creak. Nod. Creak.

            I walked out of the room, soon followed by Luhan, who said very quietly, “I will drop off your gift in your room in a bit. Go open it after Creator has had his meal.” He soon sped off to Creator’s room, leaving me to walk towards the kitchen by myself.

            Clink. Clink. Clink. Click. Creak. Groan. Clink. Clink.

. . .

            Just as Luhan had said, there was a small, yet bulky package sitting on my bed as I walked into my room.

            Creator had finished his meal and had requested for me to go into the experiment room after an hour had passed.

            With the given time, I was left to ponder about the many questions that have been pestering my mind constantly. Yet, I still tried to ignore the returning thoughts of my “death”.

            Clink. Clink. Creak. Groan. Cling. Creak. Groan.

            The wrapping was of brown wrinkly paper again (probably wrinkled from the vendor who was rushing to package the item). I unwrapped it carefully to reveal a pale blue pin, matching the ribbon. It seemed to be false crystal, simply shaped into a circular form. The light sparkled off of it beautifully, shining bright.

            I brought it over to the ribbon Luhan had gifted me with and unwrapped the ribbon. The pin matched it perfectly, which meant that it contrasted to me completely.

            If I could have sighed, I would have, before I carefully wrapped it again and lay it beside the ribbon.

            Knock. Knock.

            I walked over to the door and quickly opened, to reveal Luhan, his eyes green (which made me relax a bit). This was the first time he has visited my room.

            “Can I come in?”

            Creak. Nod. Clink. Clink. Shift.

            He walked in fluidly, and turned towards me as I closed the door. He didn’t seem to care for the poor state of my room before sitting on my bed.

            “What may I help you with?”

            “We have not had a nice, long conversation in a while. Do you have time to talk with me?”

            Creak. Nod.

            I had but an hour… yet the cheerful color of Luhan’s eyes seemed to deter me from my wish of simply sitting by myself to think.

            However, it seemed to only lead to a somewhat childish type of conversation, despite my expectations of Luhan having matured because of his vast knowledge of things already. His eyes turned blue and his questions began.

            “If you could wish for a single thing in the world, what would it be?”

            “If I told you, it would not be a secret, would it?”

            His mouth seemed to tilt up slightly (the best he could do with a face made of metal). “What is your favorite color? I hope you liked the blue color of the things I got for you.”

            “I would probably say that blue is my favorite color. Thank you for the gifts.”

            “Your welcome! And it’s good that blue is your favorite color.” He seemed to hesitate for a moment before asking, “Why do you not wear the ribbon and pin?”

            I didn’t know how to answer. I seemed to hesitate for too long, though.

            Luhan seemed to sense the uncomfortable air around me, for he switched to another topic. “Do you enjoy helping Creator?”

            “It is better than being idle all day.”

            “What do you enjoy doing? Not just doing it because it is better than doing nothing.”

            “I am not quite sure.”

            “Perhaps we can one day find time to try several things to do. I’ve always wanted to try something that humans call football!” (*A/N: by football, I mean soccer, because in most countries, it's known as football)

            “Of course, Luhan.”

            His eyes seemed to flicker to red-violet before flickering back to blue. “Do not treat me so formally. We are friends, correct?”

            Were we?

            Creak. Nod.

            “Good.”

            His childish questions seemed to continue, asking them with an innocent curiosity. I answered most of his questions, though some I was unable to answer.

            For a moment, it seemed as if I were talking to the Luhan that had just been awakened. However, I remembered that this Luhan was the one that continued to create new questions for me in my mind day by day.


I'm planning to only make this story about 10 chapters. Maybe more if I can't put everything within that number of chapters :PDid you guys like this chapter? Any suggestions for content? Format? Anything? Comment below if you have anything you wanna suggest to me for this story :). If you like this story so far, please subscribe!

Thanks for reading~

~DespisedSecret