Chapter 2: A Fateful Encounter

He Was Mine

Chapter 2: A Fateful Encounter

 

                “You said you were coming back next week,” Bongcha said, balancing her phone on her shoulder as she rummaged through her purse to find a couple of won. She handed the vender a couple bills and took the snack before holding the phone up to her ear once again.

                “My final project is taking longer than I anticipated,” Jiyong said with a sigh, “My professor made me scrap my original ideas, so now I have to start all over again.”

                “But you will be back in two weeks?”

                “I promise I’ll be back in Seoul in two weeks. It shouldn’t take too long once I get my ideas approved.”

                “Promise?” Bongcha asked before taking a bite of her still steaming food.

                “I swear on my entire wardrobe that I will see you in two weeks,” he said with a small chuckle.

                “Alright, I believe you,” Bongcha nodded as she strolled into a park. No matter how old she got, she still loved playing on the playgrounds and walking through parks. It was always calming. On top of that, there were always at least a few food venders nearby. What could be better than a snack and swings?

                Just as she reached the swings, she noticed a bunch of guys crowding around a girl. They looked like they were pushing her around. Bongcha bit her lip; she generally didn’t have a lot of time to talk to Jiyong, but it looked like that girl needed help.

“I’m going to have to call you back later,” Bongcha said, already clicking the end button even before he could say anything. She shoved her phone back into her purse before jogging over to where the group was.

                “What the hell are you doing?” Bongcha demanded, standing with her hands on her hips. The boys turned to look at her. Most of them couldn’t be older than fifteen, but that’s what made this so disgusting to Bongcha.

                The girl had fallen, her leggings ripped, and the contents of her bag strewn across the ground. She looked up at Bongcha with wide, tearful eyes that were crying out for help. Bongcha’s eyes narrowed on the guy that seemed to be the leader of the group as she repeated the question.

                “Well who are you?” was his lame comeback.

                “I’m Park Bongcha, and you’re going to apologize to this girl and give back whatever you have taken!” Bongcha exclaimed, causing the boys to burst out into peals of laughter.

                “We’re going to do what?” one asked.

                “You heard me,” Bongcha said, her hands balling into fists at her sides as the boys stepped closer.

                “And what are you going to do if we don’t?” another taunted.

                “Beat you into a bloody pulp,” she replied, smiling sweetly. They all laughed again before one placed his hand on Bongcha’s shoulder. Big mistake. She grabbed his hand and flipped him over her shoulder, causing him to land with a loud thump. He cried out in pain and Bongcha turned to look at the rest.

                “!” another exclaimed before running at her. She easily moved out of the way before kicking him in the rear to make him fall on his face. She turned back to look at the rest just in time to grab a fist before it hit her face.

                “You would hit a girl?” she asked, “How shameful!” She gripped his fist tightly as she forced it behind his back and used him as a human shield.

                “Apologize,” she ordered. The man grudgingly obeyed while the others ran away, Bongcha sighed before releasing him and letting him follow his friends. She shook her head before walking over to the girl and reaching out her hand.

                “Are you hurt?” Bongcha asked as she helped the girl up.

                “No, but thank you,” she gave Bongcha a beautiful smile. She was absolutely gorgeous Bongcha now realized. Her black hair was tied up in a messy bun, but somehow it still looked elegant. Her skin was flawless, and she had a perfect S line. No wonder those idiots had been harassing her.

                  “Did they take anything?” She shook her head but checked her bag again just in case.

                “No, but your outfit…” Bongcha looked down to see that her new skirt was already damaged. She chuckled grimly, wondering how much Jiyong was going to yell at her, but gave the girl a small smile.

                “Clothes are replaceable.”

                “I still want to make it up to you,” she said.

                “Just be more careful from now on, okay?” Bongcha asked. The girl nodded and Bongcha turned to walk out of the park. She’d have to go back and change before meeting up with Seungri. Hopefully, he was late today, but she didn’t keep her hopes too high.

                 Instead of going home to change, she ran into one of the stores and purchased a pair of shorts that she preferred over the skirt anyways. She rushed back into one of the changing rooms and quickly changed into them, stuffing the skirt into her bag, before quickly walking to where she and Seungri were supposed to meet.

                “You’re late,” Seungri said as soon as he caught sight of her.

                “Sorry.”

                “Got into a fight again?” he asked after looking her up and down.

                “What makes you say that?” Bongcha asked, surprised.

                “You look overly proud of yourself, your hair is all messed up, and you still have a tag on your shorts. I just figured, since it was you, it was probably a fight instead of something normal like tripping and landing in a puddle,” he said with a shrug.

                “I did it to save a girl,” Bongcha said, sheepishly.

                “Ah, my little superhero, trying to save the world one damsel in distress at a time,” he said before pulling the tag off of her new shorts. He handed it to her and she put it in her bag with a sigh.

                “You know I would save you too if you were in distress.”

                “I don’t count as a damsel?” he joked before linking his fingers with hers, “I thought you wanted to wear the pants in this relationship.”

                “I have to admit, you would look cute in an apron,” Bongcha laughed, swinging their arms gently as they walked towards a restaurant.

                “Of course, I look good in everything,” he grinned. She would have hit him for being so arrogant before they started dating, but now these idiotic comments were all a part of his charm.

                “You should try on one of my dresses then.” She still loved harassing him though.

                “I’m good,” he said, “I wouldn’t want to make yourself feel bad.”

                “Bad?”

                “That I can pull it off better than you,” he smirked and Bongcha shook her head.

                “Honestly, I don’t know what to do with you.”

                “Love me.”

                “I already do,” she admitted, giving his hand a gentle squeeze.  

               

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

sorry that it's taking so long for me to update, but i've been really busy *sigh*

by the way, do any of ya'll know any good poster shops?

all of the ones i like seem to be closed :S