Chapter 1&: A Resolution

He Was Mine

Chapter 17: Resolution

                Bongcha sipped her second cup of coffee in Jiyong’s living room as the two of them watched the movie “White”. The only time she could watch scary movies was if Seungri or Jiyong was there with her. She had tried to watch one with Daesung but the two of them had only made it through the first thirty minutes before deciding that it was impossible for them to continue. They both fed off of each other’s fear unlike when she watched them with Jiyong who was brave for her or Seungri whom she was brave for.

                While they watched, she played with the phone in her hand, tapping it against her thigh as she waited for a response from her fiancé. Jiyong noticed and reached for her mug. He gently removed it from her hands, “This is making you more jumpy.”

                “Don’t steal my coffee,” Bongcha swatted his hand away, “I’ll be jumpy no matter what.”

                “Okay but the next pot is decaf,” Jiyong conceded. Bongcha nodded and took another sip as another girl almost died by the ghost’s hand. That’s not what scared her though. What got her to jump was her phone alerting her that she had a new message.

                Her bit her bottom lip nervously as she read the text. It was Seungri asking her to meet up with him later at a café. When she read that, she finally relinquished her mug to Jiyong who cocked an eyebrow at her. “Was that him?”

                “I’m meeting Seungri at a café later. He says that he needs to talk to me,” she replied as he pressed pause on the movie. He remained silence for a minute as Bongcha responded to the text, telling him that, yes, she would meet him there.

                “You know I’m always here for you,” Jiyong began, “No matter what, I’ll always be here for you. If everything is okay, we can get ice cream and celebrate. If it’s bad, I’ll marry you because there is no way that dress is going to waste.”

                “You’re the best, Oppa,” she replied with a smiling, knowing he meant every word of what he was saying, “If we get married, Daesung is going to be my man of honor instead of you.”

                “I’ll agree to that,” he chuckled as he finished off her coffee instead of her before turning the movie back on. Bongcha leaned over to rest her head on his shoulder as the movie continued. She wished that she remembered the rest of the plot but all she could do was to count down the minutes until she could meet up with Seungri. They had barely been apart for a few hours but she wanted to be back with him.

                Well, that was why she was about to pledge her life to him.

                “I guess we’ll watch this again after your honeymoon,” Jiyong said as the credits began to roll. Bongcha laughed guiltily but wasn’t ashamed to nod in agreement.

                “Sorry about that.”

                “It’s fine,” he smiled gently, “We can watch reruns of ‘Running Man’ so you won’t need to think while we wait.” She was glad that he didn’t suggest for her to go back home. Things had been getting better since the company had turned around, but she still hated having her mother constantly nag at her to be what she wasn’t in the name of impressing the Lees. It would only be more stress at this point in time.

                He leaned his head on hers as he pretended to watch the reruns as well. Finally, it was time for her to go. He gave her a quick hug and made sure to fix her hair before sending her off. She was almost afraid to leave in case Seungri didn’t believe her but she remembered that she could always come back. So, Bongcha took a deep breath to relax herself before driving to the café Seungri mentioned.

                She arrived first and sat down by one of the windows after ordering a hot chocolate. It didn’t matter how hot it was outside, it was never too hot for hot chocolate. She gently blew on the beverage, focusing on trying to get it to cool faster as she tapped her foot impatiently. Finally, after seemingly forever, Seungri entered the café.

                He paused and glanced at the menu but didn’t order. He walked straight to Bongcha’s table and sat down across from her. He stared at Bongcha’s drink as he wrung his hands. She wasn’t sure what to make of this, whether it meant he believed her or not.

                “Jiyong fixed the dress,” she stalled.

                “Yeah?” She nodded, “I bet you look amazing in it.”

                “I thought so,” she laughed but it sounded forced to her ears. He smiled at her but that seemed forced too. In order to stall for just a little bit longer, Bongcha took a sip of her hot chocolate and only slightly burned her tongue in the process.

                “I’m sorry,” Seungri blurted out, “I… I shouldn’t have doubted you.”

                “Did you talk to her?” Bongcha asked nearly at the same time. They both let out a giggle, effectively eliminating the awkwardness that had permeated the atmosphere. Seungri sighed and ran a hand through his hair before nodding.

                “I asked her to come to my room to talk and I think she misunderstood me,” he began, “I asked her about what you told me and she didn’t deny it. Instead, she told me that she was better for me than you.”

                Bongcha’s nose furrowed at the comment, “She hasn’t been around us long enough to know that.”

                “She also asked me to make love to her,” Seungri added, causing Bongcha to freeze. She looked into his dark brown eyes as silence took over. That was the one thing she wouldn’t offer him at this point. So, it hurt that another woman was trying to give that to him.

                “You wouldn’t do that,” she finally said. There was no way he would admit that Haejung had asked him something like that if he had actually gone through with it. She had every faith in him.

                “You’re right. I didn’t do it,” he nodded, seemingly pleased at her reaction, “I waited three years for you, I can wait another few weeks.” She laughed, her cheeks heating up a little bit since they were talking about something private in public, but it was good to get confirmation.

                “So do you still want her to come to the wedding?” Bongcha asked.

                “Do you?”

                “I don’t want her to do anything else to break us apart,” she mumbled, “but she’s still your friend right? I mean, if you’re allowing Jiyong to be my man of honor, Haejung can be one of the guests.”

                “You really are too nice for your own good,” Seungri sighed.

                “I have to be before cooperate greed takes over.”

                “We’ll talk about that after the wedding,” Seungri said before stealing a sip of Bongcha’s hot chocolate. She stole it back from him after that one sip to finish off the rest of the beverage. “You do still want to get married to me, right?”

                “Of course,” Bongcha nodded, “I love you after all.”

                “I love you too.”

 

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

SO there's going to be one or two more chapters and then I'm wrapping up this fic. Thank u all so much for your support!