New place, new people

I already have a child [Under reconstruction. Be back soon ^^^]

The night that day:

 

"How much are we staying here?” , Taemin asked Kibum while they were getting out of the bathroom.

After the MacDonald the strange-good adhushi drove them to a big house. Appa told Taemin it was adjushi’s house and they would be staying here during their vocation.
The kid hardly heard anything though being too fascinated with the large garden that came into view. Naturally the remaining day was spent running around and playing with the fluffy dog apparently owned by the adjushi. In the end the child was death tired and sweaty all over so he took a bath with Kibum.
The adjushi himself was called Onew, appa said, and was very generous inviting them over for the summer. They have met once when Taeminni had visited appa in his work but the kid forgot about it.
Onew didn’t talk to Taemin after their meeting at the station. The younger knew he wasn’t rude and looked very cute (because appa didn’t gave him “that” look) so he decided Onew adjushi was shy. By the way he was told to not call him adjushi but being the child he is, which means cute and stubborn, he didn’t comply. Keke

“It’s ‘How long’, not ‘How much’, Taemin-ah”, not really answering the question said his father brushing the chestnut locks of his child. Taemin’s hair had grown longer and he was in two minds about leaving it or cutting it after all.
How long are we *yawn* staying here?” , correcting himself Taemin asked again.
“Until it’s time for kindergarten.” , this time actually answering Kibum tucked him in , “Until then we will stay here, go to the beach, bathe in the sea and play with Cesar, ok?”
“I don’t want to go to the kindergarten” , the younger pouted.
“You will sing a different song after a few weeks” , Kibum kissed his forehead and smiled to him , “Wait for appa, araso? I’ll sleep with you.”
“Arato!” , Taeminni smiled, tucked up to his chin.

Kibum entered the living room, where Onew was reading something awfully resembling a work report.
“Really, Onew?” , standing before him Kibum pulled away the hellish reading , “Are you seriously working on the first night of our holiday?”
The man smiled a little embarrassed.
“Well, it wasn’t anything hard. Just some …”
“I don’t wanna listen!” , demonstratively the younger closed his ears and stuck out his tongue , “For you it may be fun working while taking a rest but for normal people it’s the equivalent of Hell!”
Onew just chuckled to Kibum’s outburst.

They met due to work. It means they were working together. After a few months of contemplating the beautiful man from afar, because the fact of working together doesn’t necessarily mean they have to talk to each other, he took his courage and talked to him. From here it’s the same cliché – he fell in love. At work. With his coworker.
So when summer came the new love-sick puppy didn’t hesitated to pull some of his connections and gave him a leave. Ok, he knew some people that knew some people, what’s the problem with that? It’s love that matters!

“I’m going to sleep with Taemin, so I came to wish you sweet dreams.” , after assuring that the report wouldn’t be touched again Kibum said. He flashed one of his smiles , “Sweet dreams!”
“Sweet dreams, jagia” , with a pout Onew retorted. ‘Omo, just like Taemin’ Kibum thought, but not wanting his lover to feel outcast he leaned forward and gave him a sweet kiss.
“Don’t feel sad, I’m here for a long time, aren’t I?”
“Mmm” , was the only answer he got before feeling Onew’s tongue at his lips, asking for entrance. Kibum broke the kiss and  planted a peck on his cheek instead.
“It will make it harder” , he whispered before standing up once again , “Well see you in the morning, I guess!”
With that the younger man left. Behind him Onew was still pointing, a mixture of lust and sadness in his dark eyes.

 

*   *   *

 

Next day ; morning :

 

Appa was preparing breakfast and since Taemin woke up very early, early enough to wake up his appa and Kibum usually gets up at half past six, he was playing in the garden again. It really was a big place – not very well-kept but still beautiful in child’s eyes. It had flowers at which Taemin would squeak ‘Wow pretty!’ , it had bushes where he could hide and it had one big cherry tree. The young boy was too afraid to climb it but took a vow to himself that he will by the end of this summer. In his brain it was somewhat like a test for manhood.
For now he let it go with kicking a ball and running after it.
The dew–drops were tickling his feet and the morning sun, still pretty low on the sky but nevertheless shining happily, was lighting and warming his skin. It felt good. Occasionally he would fall on the ground, not too hard so it wouldn’t hurt but enough to wet his back and feel the refreshing goosebumps. This was a child world, no worries had place in it nor does sadness or nastiness.
Suddenly his little feet kicked the ball a little too hard and it flew through the fence. ( A/n: cliché, but what can I do since it happened – lie about it?)
“Ow!” , the boy exclaimed.
What to do? He didn’t want to go out by himself, it was scary. He glanced the window behind which he could see his appa cooking. Maybe go and ask him for help? But at that moment Onew adjushi came in the kitchen and started talking to Kibum appa.
‘Taeminni, you should wait till appa is finished with his talk if it’s for work, understand?’, Taemin was told. And since the adjushi was seen (or appa claimed it was seen) by him at appa’s work place maybe they were talking about work. And Taeminni didn’t want to be a rude boy and interrupt them. Maybe appa would even give him “that” look, he shivered.
But what about the poor ball?
Taemin eyed the gate. It shouldn't be far from it, right? Maybe he could run, grab it and run back in a wink of an eye? He wasn’t a small boy to be a coward after all. Soon he will have his test of manhood!

Gathering all the courage he had in his little body, he opened the front gate, looking around and searching for the ball with his eyes. He spot it a few meters away.

A smile graced the plum lips as the child went there and took it in his small hands. Ok, now all that’s left is to go back!
Turning around however caused him to drop it again.
The ball started rolling before being stopped by a pair of huge (at least at the boy’s eyes) feet.’
‘Oh no, Taeminni would be kidnapped!’ , was his thought.

 

---Minho’s pov---


It was the first day of my summer job and I was walking towards it excited. I was really lucky to get it in the first place. As they explained they hardly hired someone below 18, and for a 15 years boy like me it was near impossible. Well I guess it’s good I had drunk my milk as a child because they decided I could do it.
Totally lucky, I’m telling you! Now the money for my little trip latter this summer are in the bag!
Taking the longer way to the beach (where was my workplace) I walked by Onew’s house.
Everyone knew Onew, even if he was rarely here. Maybe it was the goofy grin or the slightly bigger from the others house. Well – small town, small minds they say. It’s clearly why the gossips flew so fast.
And the newest from all was that Onew had a guest this time. No one had seen him/her, since he/she arrived yesterday after five o’clock (and apparently it wasn’t appropriate to visit someone’s house after five) but the rumor said that it’s masters lover. I know what you’re thinking : Master? Really? Well, old habits die hard they also say.
Being son of a really “popular” woman in town I was sent to investigate. Who knows maybe when I’m passing the house he/she would go out to the near market. No one cares it was seven o’clock and the market isn’t open yet. Oh well, get used to it, they say lastly.
So, I was passing, not really anticipating to see the guest because I’m still not used to “it”, when from the gate popped up a little boy. Couldn’t be more than four if you ask me.
He stopped, smiling widely and took a ball in his hand. ‘The gossip would be bigger than ever’, I thought while watching him. He was really cute with his ruddy cheeks and wild hair, I assume from playing with the same ball he picked.
I started to wonder what’s his name and why is he here. Was he Onew’s relative. Couldn’t be his son. Could he?
Then he turned and his big eyes met with mine. He dropped the ball. ‘Omo, did a startled him?’
I picked the ball that hit lithely against my feet.
“Here you go” , with voice as soft as I can produce so he wouldn’t be more scared I extended my hands. He didn’t moved just looked at the grounds and started digging it with his little shoes. Cute you say? Yeah!
“Don’t you want it” , I asked again and squatted. Maybe my height was what was scaring him. Like I said : I had drunk my milk as a child.
He looked up and nodded but still didn’t reached out his hands. It was somehow like I was in the kindergarten. A shy kid, scared of strangers because they are used to kidnap small children. I chuckled at the thought.
“I wouldn’t kidnap you, you know?”
He opened his mouth but closed it. It makes me kind of sad : I never thought I was this scary!
“What’s your name?” , tried again , “I could kidnap your ball you know that?”
His eyes showed a new wave of fear. I wasn’t planing to actually stole it, you know. I just thought it may work *shrug*
“TAEMIN!” , was heard from the house and than the man came out. What happened to Onew’s house out of sudden? First a cute little child, now a very beautiful man. What’s next : a bride?!
“Taemin, here you are! Gosh, you made me so scared!” , he knelt in front of the child and hugged him , “Don’t ever run out like that, not when it’s an unknown place. You nearly gave me …”, and he noticed me. Holding the ball. Squatting in front of the child. Hope he didn’t hear me asking for his name.
I quickly stood up (a little afraid from the daggers his eyes were throwing toward me) and bowed like the good boy I am :
“Good morning, I’m Minho.  Um … I live nearby and was just passing by. I … The ball fell next to my feet so I picked it and …”
At that time the man was already standing up and the boy was hiding behind him. He smiled at me, a really magnificent smile if I could add, to stop me from stuttering any longer. I shut up.
“Hello Minho, you can call me Kibum. I guess we’ll be neighbors for the summer, so nice to meet you.” , he said still smiling , “This is Taemin, you have to excuse him though he doesn’t really talk to strangers” , ‘Did he stress on the word?!’
“I-it’s all right” , a handed him the ball.
“Thank you” , his eyes became a little warmer. Figuring out I wasn’t some freak or molester maybe?
“Say ‘Thank you’, Taemin-ah” , Kibum pushed the little creature forward. He on the other side tighten his lips still looking at the ground.
“Come on, Taemin, don’t hold him back. Say ‘Thank you’ ”
Still not a word but thanks to the remark I remembered I actually was heading to somewhere. And the place I was actually heading to was actually my summer job which actually eventually leads me out of town after a couple of months. Amd now I’m actually running late to it.
“Um, I better go. See you next time … I guess” , and with another bow I continued my way. Fast.
Just before turning down the street I looked behind my back. Taemin was staring at my direction, smiling. I doubt the grin was for me but I couldn’t help smiling back

 ---end of Minho’s pov---

 


 

Wow, new update ^^^ . Not short at that :p

Sorry, Jonghyun is still not in the story. I wanted to focut on Taemin a little. I like kids you see ^^^
And I wanted too include Minho as well. But there won't be 2min of course, I not into that kind of things.

Soo Jonghyun would be back in the next chapter.
I kind of like Onkey though. Generally I'm not a fan of the couple, honestly it's a little like taekey to me -> like an or something, but I will give it some happy moments. For now they are cute I think ^^^

 

kolmilyo , hehe,  thank you and I hope I won't have such a writer block anytime soon. ^^^

imwatchon_ew , well I can't promise anything about Jonkey's dating again :p, but like I said I don't really ship onkey so it wouldn't remain. And yeah, I made Jonghyun's parent the "bad guy" in the fic. They are just stupid people full of prejudices. Sadly like many people I know. -.-

 

Comments please!

Thank you for reading the chapter ^^^