I didn't mention . . .

I already have a child [Under reconstruction. Be back soon ^^^]

As Jonghyun was making his way to the classroom he looked over the file about the new kid in his class. From the picture was looking a cute boy with big brown eyes and chestnut hair. He had a shy smile and plump cheeks which were making him look like a little animal. Honestly most people would just want to hug him to death. The paper also was saying that he has a single parent – Kim Kibum, currently working as script-writer for one of the biggest televisions in Korea. Jonghyun frowned upon the information. Busy parents, especially the single ones, were troublesome. They would always be the last one to collect their child, never give them home-made breakfast and never come to the parent’s events the kindergarten arrange once every couple of months. He always had the feeling they consider their career more important than their own kid. It was frustrating.

Finally the man reached his destination – a blue door with one big, yellow flower in the middle. From inside he could already hear children voices and the slightly louder one of Min Jung – his fellow teacher. It seemed like they have just started today’s lessons. Yesterday the two have taught the numbers and now everyone was practicing recognizing and writing them. Jonghyun smiled, that was why he liked working with little kids. They were young and thus interested in practically everything – unwillingness or apathy rarely happened and didn’t last for long. As they get older more things would seem boring, dull and not worthy their time. Then teaching them would be hell ‘cause they simply don’t want to know. And let’s be honest – learning numbers and letters is far more fun then learning trigonometry. Not to mention far more important.

But all that didn’t have first priority right now – in front of the classroom, sitting on a little bench was his new student. Right now he was studying the floor, swaying his legs to some melody only he can hear. The hands were squeezing a plush rabbit and Jonghyun noticed that the boy was talking to it with serious expression – maybe explaining the treasure he found on the floor’s surface.

Jonghyun first came near the kid before speaking in a happy tone so he could catch the others attention :

- Hey little buddy! What’s you name?

The boy however didn’t even looked up, eyes still fixed on the floor. Not feeling discouraged Jong sat down near him staring at the same direction.

- What are you looking at? – he asked again still over cheerfully but with soft voice that told the kid he can be trusted.

- There’s hole near butterfly head. – the kid explained pointing to the scene of crime. Mentally Jong sighed. Yeah, as a stimulus to the children imagination, floors at the building were painted all over with animals in bright colors. But . . . Oh well, it wasn’t like everyone were maintaining the masterpiece very well.

- Yeah – he retorted looking at the kid’s face. He was as cute as on the picture, maybe even cuter with the little frown formed on his forehead cause of the thoughts about the butterfly's destiny – But I think it’s good that it didn’t landed on her head. It could had hurt it.

Taemin nodded lost in thoughts.

- I said that to Mr. Rabbit too. And someone must warn her to not fly there because she might fell in the hole and I don’t know where it ends so it would be sad to not see the pretty butterfly again.

Jonghyun couldn’t help but grin slightly before quickly restoring his serious face.

- Yay, you are a thoughtful boy! It didn’t occurred to me, but it seems like it is in danger, huh! – at that statement the boy finally looked at him. There was a moment of silence but then with pouting he said :

- Of course it wouldn’t, you are an adult, you know that? – he told him as-a-meter-of-factly – Appa always says that adults can’t see important things like that so he needs me to point them so he wouldn’t make mistakes.

- In that case your appa is so lucky to have someone like you! – Jong smiled once again, that time looking at the others eyes – I would like someone to tell me things like that too. You know how mistakes I made because there’s no one!?

Taemin giggled amused with the over-dramatic face of the older one

-Do you think we can be friends? – at last he took his chance hoping the barrier was long gone. The little one didn’t say anything this time, on the contrary – turned his attention to the toy he was still holding. However the “adult” there could see his cheeks blush.

- What’s your name? – he extended his hand patiently waiting for an answer. It was clear that the kid was just shy and needed some time to decide what to do with this “thing” here. Eventually a fragile hand was stretch too and Jonghyun took it in his own. It was like three times smaller.

- Taemin- the boy murmured.

- Well hello, Taemin – his new teacher patted him gently on the head making him look up – Now that we’re friends what would you say to come in the class, hm? Today we are learning something veeery interesting, I’m sure you will like it. Let me ask you – his voice mysteriously turned into a whisper -  Do you know the numbers, Taemin?

As he mention numbers the kid’s face brightened  as he nodded with vigor.

- Mmhm! The other day appa and noona showed it to me! – a wide smile graced his face for the first time – There was a pink one and one with little blue spots on it – suddenly a little frown replaced the happy smile – But I could only remember to six. After that is difficult.

- Then it’s just must be you happy day! – Jonghyun exclaimed loudly – You see now we are learning numbers too! Really, I don’t think we can be as good as you, remembering all numbers till six, but there is one noona that is sooo smart she remembers what come after. – Taemin’s eyes widened

- Reeeealy? Would she teach me too?

- I think you should ask her yourself, little solder! – the teacher stood up, helping the other do the same – Should we go in and check?

Without more hesitation the little boy smiled widely and nodded one more time. ‘ Appa will be SO happy when I tell him what comes after six! Keke, he really needs his little Taeminnie, nee “

*    *    *

 

- Eight little monkeys jumping on the bed.– Key and Taemin came out of the bathroom singing and started getting ready to sleep

- Raise your hands, honey - Kibum sat him on the bed to take off the little one’s clothes. After he came home today the boy haven’t stop singing that song he learned in the kindergarten neighed did he stopped talking about how fun it was, how he remembered all numbers, how his car was the most fast and other numerous important event that preoccupied child’s head. One name was present all the time – his new friend (and teacher) Jogyun. Kibum suspected it was just the way he heard it because he couldn’t imagine such heartless parents.

- One fell off and mfph – Taemin was muffled by the blouse Key pull of him.

- Bumped his head – his appa smiled ruffling the chestnut hair – Then appa call the doctor and what he said – continuing to sing he finally managet to dress his son in the yellow pajamas.

- No more monkeys on the bed! – with flags flying Taemin sang and jumped. However, maybe because of the excitement, instead the bed he hit the floor – Ouch!

- Omo, you ok? – Key rushed to help him and examined the little bruise on his elbow – Taeminnie, how many time have I said to you - be careful? – taking him in his arms he wiped the two tears formed in the little eyes – Or are you rewriting the song now? – he asked teasingly and smiled, placing his son on the bed and tucking him – Ten little Taeminnies jumping on the bed. One fell off and bump his . . .elbow?

- Nooo appaaa – giggling Taemin winced – Bumping hurts!

- But jumping is fun nevertheless, hm? – Key raised his eyebrow amused – Soooo . . . Are we going to the kindergarten tomorrow, sunshine? Or you want to stay home with Chae noona? – he asked affectedly hesitant

- GO! – the kid yelled

-Shhhh, everyone is asleep.

- Go, go, goooo. Please appa, Taeminni’ll be good – Taemin stood one more time in his bed and started tugging Key’s arm.

- The only way you could be good now is get back in your bed, mister – with serious look Kibum said – Aish that boy, making me tucking him again. That’s why your appa has muscle fever, you know!

- Appa you don’t have muscle fever? – the boy noticed.

- Nah, you can’t be sure I’m not just very good in hiding it – tickling him gently Kibum retorted. Well, he didn’t have the fever nor he was good at hiding something but it didn’t matter as long as it made his son giggle – Now go to sleep, Taemin . . . No, that’s not going to work, you have to sleep.

The pout Taemin have tried went deeper for a moment before a smile replacing it.

- Soon it will be tomorrow then!

- Yeah, it will be, it will be – Key smiled at the little form on the bed. He could see his eyes already heavy with sleep, maybe because of the adventures today – Boppo – he leaned forward so the boy could peck him on the lips. Standing the man headed to the door.

- Good night, Taeminnie. Dream of me. – one last time he looked at the direction of the bed.

- Saranghae appa.

*    *    *

 

 

It was seven pm and the kindergarten was finally closing. Teachers were gathering forgotten toys off the floor, cleaning the blackboard, putting in order the drawings of the kids they left behind. Maybe tomorrow some of them would come crying asking where his drawing of a rabbit.

- If he here yet? – Jonghyun’s head peeked out of the door. In the room was Min Jung folding the last pictures and wiping the tables off the pastels. She looked up, with slightly visible worry in her eyes, and frowned before speaking :

- No. He did call and now he’s on his way but looks like didn’t reach here yet.

- Sometimes I think people should take a test before becoming parents – Jong said annoyed. It’s not like he minded being here at this hour. But the little kid near reduced to tears a couple of times ‘cause his father’s detention. That what he meant when saying that the career was more important than the child to them.

- Jogyuuun – a voice snap him off his thoughts and the man quickly went to the other room where Taemin was patiently waiting for him to continue the game. They already have folded origami, have played with cars, even played the house ( with Jonghyun the baby and Taemin the caring umma). They were playing alone for an hour and half now and honestly that man  was getting on Jong’s nerves. If he couldn’t take care of his son why not handing him to his ex wife or something. Anything so the kid would not have this kind of experience. He sighed and moved his cube starting their game again.

After ten minutes or so a loud crack was heard along with steps dashing though the corridor.

- Sorry I’m so late – someone spoke in the other room, Min Jung probably still there.

- Appa – up to now sleepy Taemin brightened  and jumped from his seat. He run towards the door ready to dash out but his teacher stopped him.

- Wait there, young boy, you still need your coat and boots now, don’t ya think?

Just than the door opened reviling a dark, dew to the turned off lights in the corridor, figure.

- Sorry I’m late – a familiar voice and a bow. Jonghyun narrowed his eyes so he could see the face of the parent but then ir wasn’t necessary when he stepped forwards and the lamp lit up his face. A beautiful one. With feline eyes.

- APPA! – impatiently for Jnghyun’s reaction or whatever, Taemin cried out loud and jumped in Key’s arms.

- Taeminni – he hugged him back – Sorry for leaving you alone again, araso? You haven’t cried, have you? Were you sad? – Key couldn’t stop himself talking to his son. All time during the jam he manage to get himself in he was thinking of lonely Taemin in the kindergarten. It surely wasn’t a happy thought.

- Mmmnm – the boy shook his head and smiled – I played the whole time with Jogyun here. And today we have started to learn the letters, and I already know – he started counting on his fingers – Seven! A, B, C, D . . . ummm E, F, K . . .

- Hahaha you will tell me more latter,ok? Now let’s get you ready for leaving.

Just then Key finally looked up and saw the face of Jogyun. The other were already watching him with shocked expression which soon Kibum returned. For a minute they stood like this, Taemin’s gaze shifting from one to another.

- Ummm . . . – Kibum started not quite confidently – I never had the opportunity to tell you I already have a child, didn’t I?

 

 

 


 

Finally I finished the second chapter! *hooray*. I wanted to write little (or not so little) about Taemin and his relationship with Key and Jonghyun. Jong is really good with kids in this story, just to mention.


Thank you so much for the comments and subscriptions. They made me really happy and I'm hoping that you will continue to like the story.

Two little remarks :
1.I know the story takes place in Korea but despite that I made Taemin with hair different color than black. It's not that Key or someone had dyed it, just I guess in fanfics everything is possible :P. I always have imagined a baby Taemin with chestnut and not black hair, that's why.
2. For those who didn't, it's good if you read the fireworks first and then the chapters, because it holds the start of everything. Not that you won't be able to understand the story without it, but it's much better with it.

Thank you for reading this chapter too and please comment whether you like or dislike it ^^^