After

I already have a child [Under reconstruction. Be back soon ^^^]

It was the first day after the winter vocation and everything was gloomy. The sleepy or/and surfeited on turkey people and the lack of snow together with the cold weather wasn’t helping at all.
“Hello” , with a bow, Jonghyun entered the staff room. On his pale face was playing a little fake smile that didn’t suit him. He had spent the last two weeks mostly locked in his apartment trying to get out of his head or just sleep. Neither of them happened. He wasn’t a pretty sight.
After the “incident” he didn’t call nor try to speak with Key. Part of it because he was way too embraced to face him and the other part because Jonghyun didn’t know what to say when he face him. A simple sorry wouldn’t do nor would excuse like : ‘I’d suddenly remembered I have a job’. The relationship they had, whatever it was called, seemed to not exist anymore.
“You better hurry mister Kim, the class would start any minute and I suggest you won’t be late . . . Again!” , the head teacher called him. As fast as he could the man gathered a few things and made his way to the classroom where Min Jung was calling the roll.

The day went by. They didn’t give the kids difficult tasks or made them learn new things After all it was only the first day after the vocation. After some reminding of the numbers and the letters they had learned until now the teachers just left them alone to draw the favorite member of their family – their mom of course. The two were just walking around them, stopping, praising the pictures or giving advices like “Use the black, not the green pastel for the hair”. Everything was going smoothly, Jong almost believed it would be a happy day. Not to mention his mother didn’t speak in his head after her morning monologue. Neither did his grandma. He almost couldn’t believe it!
Passing by Taemin, Jonghyun curiously peeped in his sheet. From there, with smile ear to ear, was looking Key. His eyes ware a simple circles and he didn’t have a nose, but nevertheless it was rather easy to guess.
“Um, Taemin “ , Jonghyun came near the boy’s table , “ You are supposed to draw your mother.” , after a little consideration he added , “Of your grandma. “
Taemin eyed him with his big eyes currently under confusion.
“But . . .But . . . It’s Kibum umma!” , the younger squeaked, pointing with pride his picture. Jonghyun bit his lower lip. What was he supposed to do in situation like this? He sat next to the boy and looked him in the eyes, preparing himself to speak.
“Kibum is your appa, Taeminni. A-pp-a” , tha man made sure to pronounce every word clearly, hopping that would help the younger understand his point.
“But, but he cooks and cleans and noona says he nags too. It’s umma too!” , in his turn Taemin explain his thesis with plenty of gesticulation. It was getting harder for Jong
“Taemin, Kibum is a man, right?” , the boy nodded , “The family consists of one man – the appa and one woman – the umma. Kibum is your appa, he can’t be an umma.”
“I don’t have an umma, other that Kibum umma.” , he cocked his head, a frown placing itself between the eyes , “Can’t appa be an umma too?”
“No, umma can only be woman. Otherwise it’s appa.” , a little relived that the point is getting across Taemin mind Jonghyun said. It was easier than he thought it would be. But ~
What happened next shocked him. Suddenly the boy’s eyes begin to water as he sniffed soundly still staring at his picture as the thought were battling in his mind.
“So . ..  I don’t have an umma?” , he asked weakly.
“No, no, Taeminni don’t cry, please. Don’t . . .” , but nothing could stop the younger anymore as the tears keep rolling on his cheeks and his cry was getting louder.
Jonghyun was at lost.
“What happened?” , a voice behind the teacher asked. Jonghyun turned and saw a very worried, and ready to get angry, Jung Min.
“I-it’s . . . you s-ee.”
“Taeminni let’s go in the garden, araso?” , completely ignoring the stuttering man the young woman knelt in front the crying mess that a minute ago was a happy boy. As he nod she held him in her arms and  got out of the room. Jonghyun was left alone, speechless and exposed to the curious looks that the other 10 kids were giving him.
Crap!

*   *   *

Later that day Jonghyun was waiting for Kibum, fear running through his veins. An hour after their conversation Taemin still haven’t calm down, getting everyone worried. They called Kibum asking if he could come to the kindergarten. It seems that no one knew the reason for the boy’s cry so for now Jong was safe. Something was telling him he wouldn’t be safe when the appa comes, though.
He heard the front door and Kibum’s voice asking where is his son. Jonghyun could only imagine the man calming the little boy, hugging him tightly to his chest and caressing his hair.
He was still trying to hear something more when the door opened revealing a pair of feline eyes flashing daggers.
Jonghyun gulped and looked at Kibum scared but couldn’t really do anything as the man drew near.
And slapped him.
“How dare you!”

 


Updateee! I don't know what took me so long. Maybe it was the exams or just my laziness :p

I know this chapter is much shorter and it doesn't have much happening in it, but on one hand I want to start making my chapters shorter because it seems the people doesn't read long ones and on the other I've been in a no-inspiration hole so yeah, to me it's still pretty good ^^^

I would love to read your comments  and of course I would love if you liked the chapter! ^^^

PS: The image is not really related. I just like the face :p