After the storm

I already have a child [Under reconstruction. Be back soon ^^^]

It has been six months after that. Kibum and Jonghyun haven’t met since the “incident” in the kindergarten. Not that the later didn’t make sure they wouldn’t.
Everyone were surprised with his resignation note the next day. The novice, although a little absent-minded and forgetful, loved his job and no one thought he would want to change it. However due to the usual finance difficulties the note was accepted without many questions.
After that Jonghyun just pack his stuff and took the train.
He was staying with his uncle ever since, helping him with his work and eventually forgetting all his problems – running from it again.
The thought of Kibum haunted him sometimes , making him feel regretful about the things he had said to the young father. Whatever he was told. Whatever his family made him believe, Jonghyun had no rights to impose his trauma someone else. Sometimes he would wish to meet him again and sometimes he would get angry with him for no reasons. Despite that Jonghyun really thought that not having Key in his life anymore is a good thing. It didn’t make him happy but somehow lifted a load off his shoulders.

 

On the other hand Key continued living in the capital. Of course he couldn’t leave and put Taemin through the challenges of a new place again. That’s the reason why he didn’t transfer him as well.
The news about Jonghyun’s resignation had a curtain impact on him but it wasn’t such a surprise. Maybe because he would do the same or maybe because he didn’t want to think about him so he didn’t permit himself to care.
In brief - Kibum went on with his life. But, even if it was Kevin who called him, even if Taemin was having a sleepover or he himself was stressed from work, he didn’t go to bars anymore. Feeling like the worst parent ever once was enough.
The Jonghyun’s absence effected Tameinni though. The boy was too young to have grudge against someone and by the time he got home he had already forgotten the whole thing. So when his friend Jogyun wasn’t there on the next day the little boy was really sad. Some part of it because he wanted to play house again and the other part because Kibum appa wasn’t feeling good that day and he wanted the teacher to cheer him up. The reality was harsher when Jonghyun didn’t show the day after that. And after that. And after that. Taemin didn’t understand wha was’s the matter. Was he friend sick like the little Kely (a girl in his class) and because of that (like the little Kely) he couldn’t come. But the girl came to the kindergarten after one week, smiling widely and caring a new doll in her hands. So why Jyuong wasn’t coming? A cruel, sly question crept unwanted into Taemin’s head : ‘Doesn’t his friend like him anymore?’

*   *   *

“Yeah, yeah we got off the train and we’re standing on the platform now” , Kibum was talking on the phone while holding Taemin's hand –> Not an easy task when the little guy was trying to free himself and run destination unknown , “Listen baby, as much as I love talking to you could you just SHUT UP and get here? Yeah. Yeah. Ok, we’re waiting.” , he hang up just in time to grab Taemin who had manage to break free.
“Where do you think you’re going, young man? Didn’t I tell you to stay by me?”
“Appa!” , the child whined , “It’s MacDonald!” , he pointed to the big red sign standing ten meters away from there. Kibum gave it a skeptical look before making an answer to the silent request the puppy eyes were giving him :
“No!”
“Appa!” , the boy started tugging the sleeve of his shirt, “Please, please! I want french fries. And a hamburger. And the toy! Please appa, Taeminni is hungry!” , and with that he made a cute face. The little boy may be still pure and innocent but he perfectly knew how to get something from his father. Today wasn’t his day though.
“Did you wait long?”

 

---Taeminni’s pov---

Just when Appa was giving in to my cute act we heard a voice that made him turn around. I pouted and looked again at MacDonald sign with that weird clown Ronald sitting in front of it. Hehe, he was funny, always sitting there. He must love it very much!
“It was hard to find a place to park the car, I’m sorry you had to wait” , that voice again. But it sounded familiar somehow so I eyed its direction.
There was standing a man with wide grin that reminded of Ronald’s. He wore a blue shirt and short pants like the people who lived by the beach. Or so told that television program I once watched.
The familiar stranger gave Appa a kiss on the cheek and turned to me. I smiled slightly so he wouldn’t think I’m rude but still it was confusing not knowing who he was and I stand silent.
He then knelt to be as short as me.
“Hello Taeminni, we haven’t seen for a long time.”
So I have met him? No wonder he was familiar. But as I couldn’t remember when or who he was I still decided to hide behind Appa’s back.
He just smiled and pushed me forward again. Aish, always doing that!
I could feel my cheeks getting hotter and suddenly found that the grounds is a very interesting thing.
“He really doesn’t remember me, huh.” , I heard the man say and I hid again.
“Don’t worry, he’s shy with new things so it’s normal.” , Appa took my hand, squeezing it lightly to tell me it’s okay and he wasn’t a bad ajushi , “He was wining and begging me to take him to the MacDonald a minute ago.” , he laughed.
“Oh, then let’s go!” , the stranger said with a smiling voice. I looked at him once more. Yeah, he definitely wasn’t a bad ajushi!
“No, I don’t want to feed him such things!” , sometimes I wonder why I love appa. He sure wasn’t a fair person!
I tugged his sleeve again.
“Pleeease appa!”
“Come on Kibum. It’s not like he eats it everyday. Once in a while can’t be that harmful!” , the good ajushi said. I whined again feeling my Appa giving in.
“Oh ok! But just so you know I strongly disagree with your request and hold you responsible Onew hyung!”
“HORAAY!” , I cried out and not waiting any
more run toward my knew toys. Standing at the front gate, jumping I eyed them telling to hurry up. The good man gave appa one more kiss, this time on his lips, before taking all the luggage and making a way toward me.

 ---end of Taeminni’s pov---

 


Finally the story is on again. It took me long to decide what should happen next and I was close to leaving it behind. I guess it's good that I have this thing bugging me when I have something left unfinished.

At first I totally didn't plan to include Onew. But how should I say it - the story itself kind of included him. And who am I to not listen to my story? -.-

All I could say is that the way the story goes is clear again and I'm happy about it.

Hope you like it, hope you comment (please *tugging their sleeves*).

Thank you for reading ^^^